Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - Dragon Ball New Age

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 pm

I love this story and am happy to see you continue it. :mrgreen:

Do you have a set number of chapters in mind or are you jsut going to keep going until you think it should end ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 am

sintzu wrote:I love this story and am happy to see you continue it. :mrgreen:

Do you have a set number of chapters in mind or are you jsut going to keep going until you think it should end ?
I have a story to tell, no idea how many chapters though

wakabayashy

Post by wakabayashy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:22 am

the art are incredible ! good job malik

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:43 pm

wakabayashy wrote:the art are incredible ! good job malik
Thank you very much :)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 am

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:09 am

Holy cow! Your art was already great but I feel like during these last few revamps it improved even more! Keep up the good work!

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:25 am

Xeztin wrote:Holy cow! Your art was already great but I feel like during these last few revamps it improved even more! Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much!!

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Holy cow! Your art was already great but I feel like during these last few revamps it improved even more! Keep up the good work!
Thank you very much!!
Speaking of redos... Where can I read actual new content :)? (What page here?)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:42 pm

And thus, Vegeta finally kills (a) Goku!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:07 pm

sangofe wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Thank you very much!!
Yeah it's time to continue the Aladjinn arc resuming the fight where they left of with Piccolo throwing some sort of magic blast at him. Instead of all these redo's, we've been waiting for over a year now for the actual story to continue.

wakabayashy

Post by wakabayashy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 pm

the redo are very good, much better than the older version

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:36 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Malik_DBNA wrote: Thank you very much!!
Yeah it's time to continue the Aladjinn arc resuming the fight where they left of with Piccolo throwing some sort of magic blast at him. Instead of all these redo's, we've been waiting for over a year now for the actual story to continue.
I think Malik said at one point, he first want to focus on revamps before continuing on with story, as revamps will have some changes, i might be wrong through/
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:52 pm

And to answer an earlier question about why all the revamps and stuff and not resuming the main story just yet, its a matter of quality. If I was only making DBNA available for the internet, I wouldn't care so much and I would resume the main story posthaste. But, because there are people who purchase the chapters in book form, I want them to get their money's worth. Fixing story issues, fixing the printing quality, all necessary things to improve the quality of the story going forward.

Not to mention, I'm currently in my FOURTH draft of the story transcript from Chapter 36 onward. Still working out some issues, but trust me, I think you guys will like where I go with it :)

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Good Lord that effect used when Vegeta's being taken over by Aladajin is awesome, and that font for The Aspect Lord's finial line was a great touch. :D

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:45 pm

I just want to see Aladjinn regaining his true form. That's all i care about at this point. And i also want to see the other 3 Aspect Lords. In fact, the whole concept of "Aspect Lords" is what makes this series so great and what sets it apart from ALL other fan-mangas. It's even greater then the original series - DB Super where they literally have a child has the ruler of all existence throwing tantrums around. (Though i believe they will introduce someone higher at some point). That said, i don't think ANYTHING will ever top the exact concepts introduced in DBNA. And i especially like the Black>White colors in some of the manga panels, as opposed to always more white than black.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:52 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:I just want to see Aladjinn regaining his true form. That's all i care about at this point.
Honestly, that is the aspect of Aladjinn that I dislike the most, how his true form looks like. I'd say that Aladajinn's other designs look better than it.

[spoiler]Image
I'm an absolute sucker for how waxy and waver Aladjinn is when he doesn't possess a body.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
Aladjinns face here is absolutely terrifying in this.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
(I know this and the last Aladjinn is technically the same form as the first one, but the way its framed, and drawn here makes it seem different)[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
This may not count as Aladjinn if I think about it, so if I could get some confirmation on that it would be nice. :) Regardless, I view this as when Aladjinn looked at his best. Its intimating, and the sketchiness of its eyes helps to lend it a feeling of unnerving.[/spoiler]

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Malik my man, Vegeta's dialog in this scene is world class. In the anime/manga he had to confront his external inhibitors with regards to his desire to surpass Goku.
But here we see him forced to confront the darkest aspects of his personality that he has spent decades working to overcome. It really speaks volumes of your talent as an author that you are capable of building on Vegeta's character even further than Toriyama, and to do it so believably!! Now I honestly feel Vegeta has come full circle as a defender of planet Earth. He's got his priorities straightened out and can reliably balance his desire to train with his father/husband responsibilities.

I don't have very high hopes for you accepting any input (given the tremendous amount of time you've likely spent crafting your story) but I would love to see some long lasting consequences to the Z fighters (and maybe Earth as a whole) as a result of Aladdijin's influence. Given how you've depicted him as the "wellspring of all evil" its seems logical that his presence should test loyalties among the Z fighters and cause some degree of psychological trauma. In my personal opinion, I believe the Dragonball universe could have benefited from some smaller scale psychological battles affecting the Z fighters future decisions, it would have helped make the characters a little more relatable.

Regardless, all of this is my personal opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt. Myself as well as many on this thread appreciate the hard hours of your own time you put into making this wonderful extension of the Dragonball universe. Its always a pleasure to read, and the dialog is simply stunning!!

I wish you well, Malik. :)
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:35 pm

How long will it take to catch up?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:How long will it take to catch up?
Chapter 8 will require the most redraws of the earlier chapters now that I have finished Chapter Zero. Chapter 13 is the final Chapter with the lowest quality once printed, so once I finish there, it shouldn't be too long before I can resume the main story

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:How long will it take to catch up?
Chapter 8 will require the most redraws of the earlier chapters now that I have finished Chapter Zero. Chapter 13 is the final Chapter with the lowest quality once printed, so once I finish there, it shouldn't be too long before I can resume the main story
So, you won't redraw Chapters 22-35?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.