Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:27 pm

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:41 am

Noah wrote:Image
If Zeno erasured his future self, then the multiverse will be in trouble due to how mad he will be. That is something that our characters don't want to see.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:45 am

Kanassa wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Michsi wrote: Wasn't there a long standing misconception regarding the ages of Pan and Bra in the west? I remember Pan and Trunks being a fairly popular pairing because most miscalculated the age difference and thought Pan and Bra were only petite.
Had to be a little upsetting for those when the info came out.
If I recall correctly, the Funimation dub added another five years into the timeskip between EoZ and BoGT, thus making Pan and Bulla teenagers (14/15 and 13/14). Even when you take that into account, though, they're still both very clearly minors. There's a different word for this than pedophilia, but it's still illegal and no good.
To be fair, as a kid, I always thought they looked at least close in-age to Trunks and Goten. I don't think their ages are ever mentioned on the show.
But, the fact they tried to pair them up is what made it worse.
Majinwarman

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:17 am

majinwarman wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Alruneia wrote: If I recall correctly, the Funimation dub added another five years into the timeskip between EoZ and BoGT, thus making Pan and Bulla teenagers (14/15 and 13/14). Even when you take that into account, though, they're still both very clearly minors. There's a different word for this than pedophilia, but it's still illegal and no good.
To be fair, as a kid, I always thought they looked at least close in-age to Trunks and Goten. I don't think their ages are ever mentioned on the show.
Who? The fans? I never watched GT properly, but when I saw pics of Bra, because of the way she was dressed, I was absolutely sure she was 16-ish or older, because no way would a nine year old wear that. And I did the same thing with Pan simply because she was wearing a tank top. I never did the math or consider the age difference between her and Trunks (mostly because I didn't care about that series or pairing) but if anyone else thought like me, then I guess I can understand the misconception.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Kanassa wrote: To be fair, as a kid, I always thought they looked at least close in-age to Trunks and Goten. I don't think their ages are ever mentioned on the show.
Who? The fans? I never watched GT properly, but when I saw pics of Bra, because of the way she was dressed, I was absolutely sure she was 16-ish or older, because no way would a nine year old wear that. And I did the same thing with Pan simply because she was wearing a tank top. I never did the math or consider the age difference between her and Trunks (mostly because I didn't care about that series or pairing) but if anyone else thought like me, then I guess I can understand the misconception.
But, if you have watched GT and you know their age, there's the problem. Why do people like to see a grown man being with a child. It just makes me sick inside. I'm not attacking you but just those people I talked about.
Majinwarman

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:09 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote: But, the fact they tried to pair them up is what made it worse.
But, if you have watched GT and you know their age, there's the problem. Why do people like to see a grown man being with a child. It just makes me sick inside. I'm not attacking you but just those people I talked about.

But that was the point, most didn't know. My guess is most abandoned ship once the true ages were revealed. Or was this directed at the original fan art that started the discussion?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:

But that was the point, most didn't know. My guess is most abandoned ship once the true ages were revealed. Or was this directed at the original fan art that started the discussion?
I get what you are saying but those are my concerns that I want to voice out.
Majinwarman

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:22 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote: But, the fact they tried to pair them up is what made it worse.
That's the point we were making, from a child's perspective back then it was actually hard to tell their ages. This isn't a situation of wanting a grown man to be with a child, it's a situation of shipping two characters who you didn't know the age difference of.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote: But, if you have watched GT and you know their age, there's the problem. Why do people like to see a grown man being with a child. It just makes me sick inside. I'm not attacking you but just those people I talked about.

Well, for the record I agree with those concerns, but I've always got the impression that most fans of the Pan/Trunks pairing were young girls that thought themselves to be around Pan's age. Trunks was DB's great heartthrob.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Kanassa wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:
That's the point we were making, from a child's perspective back then it was actually hard to tell their ages. This isn't a situation of wanting a grown man to be with a child, it's a situation of shipping two characters who you didn't know the age difference of.
My bad on that. I just didn't see where you were coming. I will be more open to different point of views next time.
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Michsi wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Well, for the record I agree with those concerns, but I've always got the impression that most fans of the Pan/Trunks pairing were young girls that thought themselves to be around Pan's age. Trunks was DB's great heartthrob.
You underestimate the Internet my friend.
Majinwarman

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 pm

Spider-Man wrote:Image
:sick:.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
:sick:.
Looks like Vegata is going to have an interesting night.
Majinwarman

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 pm

OK.......That one Gave me a Good Laugh! :lol: :lol:

--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 pm

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
IKR...........I Mean Ribrianne My Girl, You can have SO Much Better then Meme Vegeta, your to classy of a Lady! :wink: :lol:
My #1 in DB!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:21 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
IKR...........I Mean Ribrianne My Girl, You can have SO Much Better then Meme Vegeta, your to classy of a Lady! :wink: :lol:
That is probably the best she could get if she is lucky.
Majinwarman

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:43 pm

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:07 am

majinwarman wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
That is probably the best she could get if she is lucky.
What would be better is for Ribrianne to find Yamcha, Prefer Him over Meme Vegeta and Meme Vegeta will REALLY make a pose that will send the internet into a frenzy of clicks!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
My #1 in DB!