Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by GT_Goten10 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:46 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote:lol
The only funny thing about this pic is a fact it was probably made by someone who think:
-Kid Pilaf, Jaco and Monaka are funny
-Vegeta with pacifier is good
-DB started with Raditz and everything before that was trash
-Brianne and her friends were funny
lol
-and the fact that I like Kid Goku,Pan,Para para brothers&Vegetas funny Design lol
GT Fighter

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:21 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:lol
That mustache is a national treasure AND YOU KNOW IT!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:07 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Noah wrote:It doesn't need to be stated, the original series clearly shows that's a trait from Gohan only.
No it did not. Goku and Vegeta going SSJ for the first time were both rage boost.
Those were transformations, I'm mainly speaking about a case like Vegeta getting immediately stronger (without unlocking a new form) than a foe because he hurt his loved one (which did not happen in the original) but in Super, yes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Noah wrote:Image
ricky84 wrote:
Noah wrote:It doesn't need to be stated, the original series clearly shows that's a trait from Gohan only.
No it did not. Goku and Vegeta going SSJ for the first time were both rage boost.
Those were transformations, I'm mainly speaking about a case like Vegeta getting immediately stronger (without unlocking a new form) than a foe because he hurt his loved one (which did not happen in the original) but in Super, yes.
Rage boost without transforming happened before Super. SSJ Goku got won after 100% Freeza beat him down, Kid Goku got won during his rematch with King Piccolo, etc.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:59 pm

ricky84 wrote:Rage boost without transforming happened before Super. SSJ Goku got won after 100% Freeza beat him down, Kid Goku got won during his rematch with King Piccolo, etc.
Anime only, in the manga the fight was quick and the plot implied that Goku was testing Freeza all along until deciding to spare his life. He defeated Piccolo Daimao not because of a rage boost, he was stronger from the very beginning after drinking the Sacred Water.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 am

Ledgic in the roF manga lol
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:51 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:Ledgic in the roF manga lol
He is not the only one referenced in this manga.
Although it was obviously someone from "Ledgic race" not Ledgic himself because well, he would probably beat Z-Fighters like Tagoma.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:06 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:The only funny thing about this pic is a fact it was probably made by someone who think:
That's hard to know. Despite GT being, well, GT, it's perfectly possible for some people to hate both GT and Super.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:07 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:The only funny thing about this pic is a fact it was probably made by someone who think:
That's hard to know. Despite GT being, well, GT, it's perfectly possible for some people to hate both GT and Super.
That's right. I saw some people who like only DB&DBZ or even just original manga.
But the fact is many people can just show random things from GT and say "this is why GT sucks" without ANY explanation or pretty much show things that happen in other series as well but hey, it isn't right to say anything in DBZ sucks. You can't do that.
Well, people hate ChiChi or Great Saiyaman in Z. Let's make a meme "when people ask what makes DBZ bad" and put them in it. I am 100% you will get downvoted, hated and called a moron or troll.
I find many Super fans who like to say things like "GT sucks because Vegeta got moustache, it was disrespectful for him" but completely ignore a fact that Vegeta in Super had pacifier in mouth or was cooking and dancing for Beerus.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:10 am

Been watching Vinny play Metal Gear Solid...inspired me to make some jokes he won't get.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:19 am

GT Fighter

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:58 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:Image
"There is no Super, it won't be back until December" :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:53 pm

I honestly thought this forum was above "Dragon Ball Saiyanposting"-level humor for a while, but I guess we're just gonna have "battle memes by omari" and this quality strawmannery permeating the hardcore fandom now.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Shaddy wrote:Been watching Vinny play Metal Gear Solid...inspired me to make some jokes he won't get.

xD I've got to make one of these.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Shaddy wrote:I honestly thought this forum was above "Dragon Ball Saiyanposting"-level humor for a while, but I guess we're just gonna have "battle memes by omari" and this quality strawmannery permeating the hardcore fandom now.
Say what you will about the state of the Kanzenshuu forums (there was an "Is Kanzenshuu becoming toxic?" thread a while back), but I can safely say I haven't seen anyone on here mock the deaths of Unshou Ishizuka and Hiromi Tsuru right after the news broke, and actively call for the deaths of other JP voice actors while they were at it. No, we're still better than that here.
Omari is his own beast, really. Personally I don't have the energy to keep calling his "memes" out, even though it could be a good thing to do so. Being "the fun police" is, fittingly enough, not fun.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:03 pm

That's true, I didn't account for that mostly though since it was basically just one guy (or at least I thought so? not exactly eager to actually browse this content), there's definitely not anything like that happening here.

Honestly I'm just tired of this "well you see Super fans hate GT and won't shut up about how much better their show is now here's 30 jokes about how much better GT is can we get 50 likes!!!?" meme (and vice versa), it comes across as childish and the jokes themselves are Big Bang Theory-tier shallow and unfunny. We don't need to be a big divided faction of fanbases defined only by their hatred of one another. I tried to branch out from SSMB because I hated that shit in the Sonic fandom, but it just seems to follow me around.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:22 am

Alruneia wrote:Say what you will about the state of the Kanzenshuu forums (there was an "Is Kanzenshuu becoming toxic?" thread a while back), but I can safely say I haven't seen anyone on here mock the deaths of Unshou Ishizuka and Hiromi Tsuru right after the news broke, and actively call for the deaths of other JP voice actors while they were at it.
That's beyond fucked up, but given how toxic the Dragon Ball fandom as a whole can be (at least online), it doesn't surprise me.

Where did you see people mocking their deaths? YouTube?
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:23 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:Say what you will about the state of the Kanzenshuu forums (there was an "Is Kanzenshuu becoming toxic?" thread a while back), but I can safely say I haven't seen anyone on here mock the deaths of Unshou Ishizuka and Hiromi Tsuru right after the news broke, and actively call for the deaths of other JP voice actors while they were at it.
That's beyond fucked up, but given how toxic the Dragon Ball fandom as a whole can be (at least online), it doesn't surprise me.

Where did you see people mocking their deaths? YouTube?
We're going to get off-topic pretty quick here, and the odds of making negative generalising comments about other parts of the fandom, which is frowned upon, are going to keep increasing, so I'll stop after this post.

I saw it via screenshots from the Facebook group Shaddy mentioned. I'm not a member of the group myself, and I don't want to be since it includes people who do that kind of thing, but I know someone who is and she showed me plenty of posts. One person drew red X-es over Bulma and Mr. Satan in the 1st DBS intro cast shot and asked "who's next?". Several other people asked the "So when is Nozawa dying" question, with varying degrees of "just die already" tone. I've also been shown a couple of crude memes about Ishizuka getting beaten by cancer (for lack of a better way to explain it).
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:45 am

Shaddy wrote:We don't need to be a big divided faction of fanbases defined only by their hatred of one another. I tried to branch out from SSMB because I hated that shit in the Sonic fandom, but it just seems to follow me around.
That's how every fan base is when you have a franchise with as many parts as DB. With DB you've got the original manga, you've got GT and now Super. Those are 3 very different parts of the same franchise and there are parts within those parts as well which makes things even more complicated. If you think DB is bad just take a look at the star wars corner, I'm not a star wars fan but even I know how bad it is which says a lot when non fans start noticing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:00 am