Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 pm

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote:Image
I could have come up with better answers than that. "You like the idea of a villain more than the execution" is assuming a level of nuance to Broly fans that I'm not sure exists. If anything I'd swap him with Omega Shenron. And I'd have added Beerus and Jiren, "You like anti-villains," and "You like hyped up wrestling heels," respectively.

Worth it for the Zamasu gag though.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:07 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Image
Hopefully SSJ4,Baby&The Shadow Dragon concepts will never be part of modern DragonBall
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:10 pm

GT_Goten10 wrote: Hopefully SSJ4,Baby&The Shadow Dragon concepts will never be part of modern DragonBall
If you mean being retconned like Broly or reusing the same concept then yes.
But it's nice to see them being still alive in DBH. Dragons even got Xeno forms recently.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:21 pm

GT Fighter

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
GT_Goten10 wrote: Hopefully SSJ4,Baby&The Shadow Dragon concepts will never be part of modern DragonBall
If you mean being retconned like Broly or reusing the same concept then yes.
But it's nice to see them being still alive in DBH. Dragons even got Xeno forms recently.
I honestly would not be surprised if they take GT concepts in the future especially SSJ4&Baby
GT Fighter

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Tai Lung wrote: in the anime (bofgods) does not specify how many years have passed unlike the film Bofgods where they spent 4 years, without that data only 2 years have passed
Pan was born a few arcs ago. Currently she's clearly not a newborn, having hair and walking around. At the EOZ, she is 4 years old. The EOZ is 10 years after Buu. So at most, we're now at 6 years after Buu.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:04 pm

The text for zamasu seems equally fitting for various villains out there ...
only that unlike some has real motivations that are carried out in actions and behavior, because well technically is a god
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: in the anime (bofgods) does not specify how many years have passed unlike the film Bofgods where they spent 4 years, without that data only 2 years have passed
Pan was born a few arcs ago. Currently she's clearly not a newborn, having hear and walking around. At the EOZ, she is 4 years old. The EOZ is 10 years after Buu. So at most, we're now at 6 years after Buu.
that would be normal ...but the time elapsed was not specified in the anime unlike the movie, it makes me think that there was a retcon with the chronology there so now I'm not so sure about that

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Image
I'm hoping that the U6 Saiyans go SS4 instead of God/Blue. It probably won't happen since they don't have tails, but maybe they can spontaneously grow them the same way SS4 Goku spontaneously generates new pants. That, or it could be the "new form" that was possibly foreshadowed for Gohan in the ToP arc.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 am

Kataphrut wrote:
I could have come up with better answers than that. "You like the idea of a villain more than the execution" is assuming a level of nuance to Broly fans that I'm not sure exists. If anything I'd swap him with Omega Shenron. And I'd have added Beerus and Jiren, "You like anti-villains," and "You like hyped up wrestling heels," respectively.

Super 17 being attractive is the punchline of this drawing. He is so ugly. :lol:

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:09 am

Waluigiman wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:

Super 17 being attractive is the punchline of this drawing. He is so ugly. :lol:
He looks so badass
GT Fighter

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm

GT Fighter

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Image
The anime does not specify how many years have passed unlike the film where they spent 4 years, without that data only 2 years have passed
He looks a lot younger than he did in the Buu arc so no matter how you look at it it's still bad.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Tai Lung wrote:Image

This a Scarz Drawing? She still alive?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:36 am

One of the reasons why I find GT both heartwarming and sad because it does stuff Dragon Ball Z didn't do such as this. The sad part about GT because the cast is too old and some characters died permamentally or were taken out of the story.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:47 am

I'll be damned if that isn't one of the best looking renditions of SS4 Goku, thanks, Takahashi!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:14 pm

sintzu wrote: He looks a lot younger than he did in the Buu arc so no matter how you look at it it's still bad.
spoke only of the chronology, but it depends on the style of the artist I guess in the original db goku was 15 and looked younger than gohan with 10 years

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:17 am

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:47 am