Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:56 am

Gonstead wrote: Image
This is from 5 years ago but still, it made me think what if they decided to end the series by gathering the DB, wishing for dinosaur bones to be buried all around the world and getting everybody to go live in another universe or something?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:40 am

I love how a volume with Kid Goku in it is DRAGON BALL Z. And By love I mean why god why.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:47 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I love how a volume with Kid Goku in it is DRAGON BALL Z. And By love I mean why god why.
Brand power, otherwise who's gonna see this spin off they made about how goku was a kid after the teen gohan saga was successful? :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:44 pm

Goku and Caulifla by salvamakoto

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:59 pm

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 am

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:Image
Trying to change one's mind on an opinion rarely works out.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:14 pm

It's hilarious because he is using Dragonball super merch while doing this..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:47 pm

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:53 pm

GT ended up as road kill while Super has pushed the franchise to hights it arguably couldn't reach even in its prime back in the day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Tai Lung wrote:Image
DB:
-0 special episodes
-Many games

DBZ:
-2 special episode
-Tons of games

DBGT:
-1 special episode
-2 games

DBS:
-0 special episodes
-0 games

It's as dumb as this pic honestly.

I'm wondering if it's just silly meme or author of this pic is just ignorant.
It's not a surprise that DB was dying even before GT was made. Everyone is aware of that. And GT actually was meant to be short and low budget and i never saw any proof of it being cancelled (provide one anyone cause i might be wrong).
It shouldn't be a surprise that new series after 18 years gets a movie, seriously. It has nothing to do with DBS quality. If something, it has something to do with Toriyama's influence and time passed since last series.

And that number of episodes argument is also stupid as hell, considering DBS rehashed two movies, was full of filler episodes and slow paced action.
Do i have to remind Goku flying and fighting everyone before tournament? Tournament alone was also long as hell.
It's basically saying DB Kai is worse than DBZ because it shorter, seriously?
DBS had 5 arcs (2 rehashed, 3 original), GT had 4 arcs (all original). That's what matters.

People should already realize DBS had a lot easier way than GT.

btw. DBZ was also cancelled (aka ended) by this logic. It was getting cancelled (aka ended) for years until finally Toriyama cancelled (aka ended) it. But shh, don't tell anyone :lol:
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 pm

Hahaha this is good :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:35 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:GT actually was meant to be short and low budget and i never saw any proof of it being cancelled.

It has nothing to do with DBS quality. If something, it has something to do with Toriyama's influence and time passed since last series.

DBZ was also cancelled (aka ended) by this logic. It was getting cancelled (aka ended) for years until finally Toriyama cancelled (aka ended) it. But shh, don't tell anyone :lol:
No one said outright it was cancelled but it was the type of show that's made with a long episode count in mind so something clearly went wrong that resulted in it being short. They probably started off with a year worth of episodes in mind before deciding how to move on afterwards and they clearly didn't think it was in their best interest to have it go on for much longer. You can argue that people were getting tired before and that's very possible but it still doesn't change the fact that the franchise was still healthy enough to result in another show and it was that show that put the final nail in the franchise's coffin.

I think it has to do with all 3, the original author being back, there being a huge gap between shows & Super's quality (it's clearly good enough to keep people interested, something GT couldn't do).

It's different because Z lived and died with the manga so without any source material, Z HAD to end. GT on the other hand wasn't based on any ongoing source material that controlled how long it could go on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:00 pm

sintzu wrote:
No one said outright it was cancelled but it was the type of show that's made with a long episode count in mind so something clearly went wrong that resulted in it being short.

I think it has to do with all 3, the original author being back, there being a huge gap between shows & Super's quality (it's clearly good enough to keep people interested, something GT couldn't do).

It's different because Z lived and died with the manga so without any asource material, Z HAD to end. GT on the other hand wasn't based on any ongoing source material that controlled how long it lasted.
GT was very fast from the very beginning. Everything was faster than in Z. And so all sagas were shorter. Fights were short.
GT was meant to be short story about Goku, Trunks and Pan just looking after dragon balls, but TOEI felt it is boring and they quickly came with Baby.
Since it was meant to be just about them travelling in space, i can't imagine series having 131 episodes.
I don't have proof that GT was extended, but everything about it feels like it was meant to end at 40 episodes including "A Hero's Legacy" being aired then.

And GT obviously didn't make people much interested because people weren't even interested in Buu saga that was Toriyama's work. DB was airing for too many years already.
If DBS was made back then it wouldn't be popular either. Believe me. Not to mention rehashing two movies and all those recolors that people simply wouldn't like right after Z. I highly doubt it would last longer than 64 episodes either honestly.

The point is GT actually had ending. You could clearly see that this is where GT ends. The same goes for DB/Z.
In Super, ending was rushed as hell with final fight still taking place in last episode. For me, DBS felt like the one that was cancelled and ended quickly (not saying it was).
Nothing about GT felt cancelled to me. Shadow Dragons arc was already hinted at the start of Super 17 saga. Those two were related and plot of last arc actually felt like final arc in every way.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:25 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
DB:
-0 special episodes
-Many games

DBZ:
-2 special episode
-Tons of games

DBGT:
-1 special episode
-2 games

DBS:
-0 special episodes
-0 games

It's as dumb as this pic honestly.

I'm wondering if it's just silly meme or author of this pic is just ignorant.
It's not a surprise that DB was dying even before GT was made. Everyone is aware of that. And GT actually was meant to be short and low budget and i never saw any proof of it being cancelled (provide one anyone cause i might be wrong).
It shouldn't be a surprise that new series after 18 years gets a movie, seriously. It has nothing to do with DBS quality. If something, it has something to do with Toriyama's influence and time passed since last series.

And that number of episodes argument is also stupid as hell, considering DBS rehashed two movies, was full of filler episodes and slow paced action.
Do i have to remind Goku flying and fighting everyone before tournament? Tournament alone was also long as hell.
It's basically saying DB Kai is worse than DBZ because it shorter, seriously?
DBS had 5 arcs (2 rehashed, 3 original), GT had 4 arcs (all original). That's what matters.

People should already realize DBS had a lot easier way than GT.

btw. DBZ was also cancelled (aka ended) by this logic. It was getting cancelled (aka ended) for years until finally Toriyama cancelled (aka ended) it. But shh, don't tell anyone :lol:
so ...

it's not what matters ... the series adapts the movies for those who did not see it
clear .... because gt has no inconsistencies ....
To advance a lot to finish it fast and show little is not a good ...
problems with the rating you are not going to tell me that toei decided to continue the series only to finish it in 64 ... or make a special with new characters to do nothing with that

viewtopic.php?t=30573

and I have not discussed that at all .. it's a meme, what is the problem? I never questioned you because you do it you ... it's not good to get mad at a joke :|

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 am

Tai Lung wrote: Image
The first is just 2 episodes combined into one. It doesn't expand story in any way.
The second is just...It's not even Dragon Ball episode lol. DBS only showed in it.

I am talking about real TV specials that add something into plot, like Bardock, Trunks and Goku Jr. stories.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: Image
The first is just 2 episodes combined into one. It doesn't expand story in any way.
The second is just...It's not even Dragon Ball episode lol. DBS only showed in it.

I am talking about real TV specials that add something into plot, like Bardock, Trunks and Goku Jr. stories.
no .. necessarily the special of trunks and gohan is different from the manga so it is an alternate version apart from that the first goku vs jiren is considered special this was announced by toei,

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/This_i ... u_vs_Jiren!!

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:52 pm

Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.