Interesting or funny pictures thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Interesting or funny pictures thread

Post by The gr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]2017 was good year,it had a string of revivals and DB is still alive after all these years.
    2018,Epic/Disappointing moments await us.
    Mostly active on discord.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:05 am

rereboy wrote:
    ekrolo2 wrote:
    Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: And since when popularity was intrinsically correlated with quality?
    Since 2012 when the fact that a good business result/decision isn't simultaneously whats good for the story and vice versa became the norm, thanks Marvel.
    That's just not right. Quality in entertainment was always been debatable since it's a completely subjective activity. That includes what one believes is "good for the story". Numbers are meaningless in either way because we either think it's good or we don't, the numbers won't change that unless we have no real opinion and just state what others think. The numbers just matter for the business. Trying to blame just one company for not following what we like is also meaningless to everything besides ourselves.
    You enitrely miss my point, I'm not complaining about one company not doing what I like, I'm complaining about the fact that one company helped spearhead a new way of thinking about entertainment where more focus is but on whats good for the business, what's a bad/good decision for that and even entire franchises now are judged not by how a certain story decision effects the story, but by how good or bad of a business call it was with the story part sucking its thumb somewhere in the corner. Half the complaints leveled at most franchises nowadays from people who AREN'T in any meaningful way at all related to the business side are "This story decision means you can't do this so X movie in 5 years time can't do a thing to give itself 200 million extra box office dollar returns!".

And yes, on SpaceBattles I have actually had to point out, several times, that what's good for marketing and business is NOT what's by default good for a story.
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

rereboy
    Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:20 am

ekrolo2 wrote: You enitrely miss my point, I'm not complaining about one company not doing what I like, I'm complaining about the fact that one company helped spearhead a new way of thinking about entertainment where more focus is but on whats good for the business, what's a bad/good decision for that and even entire franchises now are judged not by how a certain story decision effects the story, but by how good or bad of a business call it was with the story part sucking its thumb somewhere in the corner. Half the complaints leveled at most franchises nowadays from people who AREN'T in any meaningful way at all related to the business side are "This story decision means you can't do this so X movie in 5 years time can't do a thing to give itself 200 million extra box office dollar returns!".

And yes, on SpaceBattles I have actually had to point out, several times, that what's good for marketing and business is NOT what's by default good for a story.
    And you missed that I'm saying that your complaint is entirely subjective. You think that it's bad because you think these movies are focused on what's good for business rather than quality or what's good for the story, while someone else that actually likes most of these movies and thinks that they do a very good job offering a quality entertainment will obviously disagree that they are sacrificing quality or not doing what's needed for a good story. In other words, it's entirely subjective and depends on what we subjectively think about the movies.

You are treating "what's good for a story" like it's something that could be objectively determined, like there's some mathematical formula to determine it or some experiment that can be applied to the movies that results in a A) or B) result and that tells us if it was good for the story or not. But there's not. That's all opinion, subjectivity.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:34 am

rereboy wrote:
    ekrolo2 wrote: You enitrely miss my point, I'm not complaining about one company not doing what I like, I'm complaining about the fact that one company helped spearhead a new way of thinking about entertainment where more focus is but on whats good for the business, what's a bad/good decision for that and even entire franchises now are judged not by how a certain story decision effects the story, but by how good or bad of a business call it was with the story part sucking its thumb somewhere in the corner. Half the complaints leveled at most franchises nowadays from people who AREN'T in any meaningful way at all related to the business side are "This story decision means you can't do this so X movie in 5 years time can't do a thing to give itself 200 million extra box office dollar returns!".

And you missed that I'm saying that your complaint is entirely subjective. You think that it's bad because you think these movies are focused on what's good for business rather than quality or what's good for the story, while someone else that actually likes most of these movies and thinks that they do a very good job offering a quality entertainment will obviously disagree that they are sacrificing quality or not doing what's needed for a good story. In other words, it's entirely subjective and depends on what we subjectively think about the movies.

You are treating "what's good for a story" like it's something that could be objectively determined, like there's some mathematical formula to determine it or some experiment that can be applied to the movies that results in a A) or B) result and that tells us if it was good for the story or not. But there's not. That's all opinion, subjectivity.
    No, I think the media surrounding these films and the people who talk about them perpetuate this kind of thinking. They're the one who started it and now you can't read any franchise movie without a 1001 business angle's being applied to how/why Kylo offing Snoke in Last Jedi in a deliberate anti climax will secure 300+ million future box office returns for a movie. Then the fans apply similar kinds of thinking with regards to story decisions, it's all about maximizing some bullshit, vague "business" part and failing to grasp the idea that no, Hulk being in a Thor movie being a good business idea in that it lets you do a Thor, Hulk and team up movie all at once isn't what was good for the story of Ragnarok.
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

rereboy
    Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 am

ekrolo2 wrote: No, I think the media surrounding these films and the people who talk about them perpetuate this kind of thinking. They're the one who started it and now you can't read any franchise movie without a 1001 business angle's being applied to how/why Kylo offing Snoke in Last Jedi in a deliberate anti climax will secure 300+ million future box office returns for a movie. Then the fans apply similar kinds of thinking with regards to story decisions, it's all about maximizing some bullshit, vague "business" part and failing to grasp the idea that no, Hulk being in a Thor movie being a good business idea in that it lets you do a Thor, Hulk and team up movie all at once isn't what was good for the story of Ragnarok.
    The "business angle" has always been a thing in every industry ever since industry was invented. Saying that marvel "started it" is just erroneous, regardless of what we think of their movies. Furthermore, like I've already said, you are stating this because you subjectively think that in their movies they sacrifice quality and what is good for the story for business, while another person (one that, for example, thinks it was a good idea to have Hulk in Thor 3 to improve the story/quality of the movie) will have another opinion regarding their movies. You are still mainly speaking like ideas and decisions like that are objectively bad, instead of subjective.

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:07 am

rereboy wrote:
    ekrolo2 wrote: No, I think the media surrounding these films and the people who talk about them perpetuate this kind of thinking. They're the one who started it and now you can't read any franchise movie without a 1001 business angle's being applied to how/why Kylo offing Snoke in Last Jedi in a deliberate anti climax will secure 300+ million future box office returns for a movie. Then the fans apply similar kinds of thinking with regards to story decisions, it's all about maximizing some bullshit, vague "business" part and failing to grasp the idea that no, Hulk being in a Thor movie being a good business idea in that it lets you do a Thor, Hulk and team up movie all at once isn't what was good for the story of Ragnarok.
    The "business angle" has always been a thing in every industry ever since industry was invented. Saying that marvel "started it" is just erroneous, regardless of what we think of their movies. Furthermore, like I've already said, you are stating this because you subjectively think that in their movies they sacrifice quality and what is good for the story for business, while another person (one that, for example, thinks it was a good idea to have Hulk in Thor 3 to improve the story/quality of the movie) will have another opinion regarding their movies. You are still mainly speaking like ideas and decisions like that are objectively bad, instead of subjective.
    The business angle has always existed, it wasn't touted as the driving force and end goal like it is with lots of media sites and fanboys in particular. For example, BvS' various issues aren't pointed out most often due to the slow pacing, pointless sub plots or any myriad of other issues I as a guy who likes the movie can spend pointing out about it. Superman dying in BvS isn't a problem because its rushed, it's a problem because now we can't devote an entire other movie down the like where he fights a big dumb Hulk knock off for 2 hours then drops dead so BvS various faults are bad business first, second, third fourh and then maybe at the tenth place we get to how it may or may not hurt the actual story quality. The discussion has greatly veered off from stuff like pacing or structure or characterization and more into "How can this bit of characterization get used to maximize the profits of the next movie? Or how can this little easter age help Superman 43 make 50 million extra dollars!"

CJStriker_CBR
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:22 am

Happy New Year 2018! ~~~~ For Any Fan of Universe~11, they might find this abit Enjoyable, Click Below! :lol:

https://www.pictaram.org/post/BWqTsZJgqZl
    --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
    Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
    My #1 in DB!
    :thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Neo-Makaiōshin
    I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Visual description of how certain obsessed Gohan fans want the character to be portrayed.
    Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 pm

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:42 pm

^ Damn, this one looks terrible lol
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Image
    That's just a bad figure to have or look at.
    Majinwarman
    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Visual description of how certain obsessed Gohan fans want the character to be portrayed.
    I could see what you are trying to say about certain Gohan fans.
    Majinwarman
    So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Asura

Post by Asura » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:21 pm

My friend who doesn't really watch Super anymore since the FT arc sent me this yesterday, and now he plans to watch Super again although I'm not sure why this picture of all things was what sparked his interest. :lol:

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:58 am

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Visual description of how certain obsessed Gohan fans want the character to be portrayed.
    I'm confused as to what the hell the correlation is between Pan dying of a heart disease and Gohan continuing to train instead of pursue academics.

Neo-Makaiōshin
    I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Asura wrote: I'm confused as to what the hell the correlation is between Pan dying of a heart disease and Gohan continuing to train instead of pursue academics.
    My point was about Gohan just purseing training and droppinh academics, I should have edited the pic to make that more clear.
    Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Alruneia
    I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:My point was about Gohan just pursuing training and dropping academics, I should have edited the pic to make that more clear.
    Honestly, I thought the bit where he completely ignores the "plot" was the best part, because that's actually a big part of this whole thing. The kind of Gohan fan you were describing earlier is prone to doing exactly that: If the plot doesn't allow them to get "muh cool and strong Gohan" back, they'll just ignore the plot. (Obsessive fans of many characters do this, not just Gohan fans, by the way.)
    The fact that it's Buu arc Gohan and Videl and then GT Pan actually really bothers me. I understand why it's like that though.
    Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
    Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Omniboy
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:17 pm

So I guess this counts along the lines of interesting...

The source:

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php ... d=49358273

Sandubadear
    I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
    --by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
    Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Noah
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:26 am

^ That was awesome :lol: :clap:
    乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?