DBZ AMV's

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: DBZ AMV's

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:17 am

Drabaz wrote:*snip*
Awesome AMV man. I would have preferred to see some anime scenes in the ending and even the beginning, I think some scenes from the Bardock TV Special would have been fitting, but nonetheless this AMV was really great.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:09 pm

emperior wrote:
Awesome AMV man. I would have preferred to see some anime scenes in the ending and even the beginning, I think some scenes from the Bardock TV Special would have been fitting, but nonetheless this AMV was really great.
Thanks!

But with the lyrics of the song, the best option I had was to use pages from Dragon Ball Minus. Sure, I could have worked a way to only include the anime, but I fell in love with how the manga portion turned out. Also, using the manga again at the end was a good way to round out the whole AMV. That scene of Uub riding on Kinto-un with a shadow of Goku didn't exist in the anime.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Drabaz wrote:
emperior wrote:
Thanks!

But with the lyrics of the song, the best option I had was to use pages from Dragon Ball Minus. Sure, I could have worked a way to only include the anime, but I fell in love with how the manga portion turned out. Also, using the manga again at the end was a good way to round out the whole AMV. That scene of Uub riding on Kinto-un with a shadow of Goku didn't exist in the anime.

Yeah I definitely see what was your idea and it turned out to be great. Would be a lot better if there was a way to put the manga pages witout the dialogues!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:41 pm

This video's really amazing. I love motivational DB vids and this one just got added into my top 5.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Here's mine:

https://vimeo.com/197658880

Familiarity with "Home Movies" is recommended.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:48 pm

It's absolutely nothing crazy, and it's very amateurish, but please check out my Dragon Ball Super AMV and tell me what you think about it.
Link (contains spoilers for Future Trunks arc of Super)
I decided to go with a Linkin Park song as whenever I think about a Dragon Ball AMV, Linkin Park immediately pop to my mind, and I thought the song was fitting with Future Trunks arc. Sure, it's very popular within DB AMVs but hey, at least it's not Courtesy Call :lol:

To be honest I don't have neither the time nor the passion to become a master of editing and shit, the only feedback I really need is about scenes selection and their placement. If you think I misplaced something and the clips are not in tune with the song, or if you think there are better clips for Super I could use, please let me know.

(About the ending, it's definitely intentional)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 pm

I didn't make this, but I thought it was worthy of mention: For Yamcha!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Small 1 minute music video I made of Goku Black destroying everything in his path.

Song: Hell by Disturbed

One mistake that needs to be fixed is removing subtitles.
Aside from that, let me know what you guys think

https://youtu.be/xp0FTKp6Aq4

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:24 pm

emperior wrote:It's absolutely nothing crazy, and it's very amateurish, but please check out my Dragon Ball Super AMV and tell me what you think about it.
Link (contains spoilers for Future Trunks arc of Super)
I decided to go with a Linkin Park song as whenever I think about a Dragon Ball AMV, Linkin Park immediately pop to my mind, and I thought the song was fitting with Future Trunks arc. Sure, it's very popular within DB AMVs but hey, at least it's not Courtesy Call :lol:

To be honest I don't have neither the time nor the passion to become a master of editing and shit, the only feedback I really need is about scenes selection and their placement. If you think I misplaced something and the clips are not in tune with the song, or if you think there are better clips for Super I could use, please let me know.

(About the ending, it's definitely intentional)
Scenes weren't bad at all. Very nice selection.
However most of them weren't in synch with the song. Best way to go about synching is to align clips with the beat of the song. Also, emphasizing certain scenes that relate to the lyrics helps to give the video depth. Hope this helps.

SmugStick
Patreon Supporter

Post by SmugStick » Tue May 16, 2017 8:32 pm

A long time ago I made this Eva x Dragon Ball AMV thing and I'd like to share it. I hope it's good to have it here. https://youtu.be/uVO5088he2o
My immortal Phoenix died of food poisoning

Missions complete:
All Of Kai
All DB on DVD
Current Missions:
Dragon Boxes (Funi)
GT season 1

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8udQV ... 4GFPrFEPzg
Twitter https://twitter.com/SmugStick

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 29, 2017 5:02 am

So everyone that has watched My Hero Academia knows that it has an amazing soundtrack. This one track in particular called 'You Say Run' is such a beloved track among fans that it's gone to have these YouTube videos where people take the track and play it in the background of scenes with huge moments in them.

I've gone and made one for one of my favourite scenes in the Freeza arc. The Kaioken x20 Kamehameha scene. I'm actually kinda proud of it and wondered what some of you think of it.

Figured I'd post this in the AMV thread because I really don't want to make an entirely new thread just for this one video.

elijah310

Post by elijah310 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Now THIS is a good AMV. :thumbup: :lol:
https://youtu.be/z2GAG0YIhDE

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:33 pm

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:29 pm

I think so too. Wow, that editor sure knows how to make a good AMV once in a while :wink:
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Drabaz wrote:
I think so too. Wow, that editor sure knows how to make a good AMV once in a while :wink:
Yeah, he's so amazin- Wait a minute... I need to listen to it again. I can't stop the feeling

Kanassa wrote:

tellyzbad1
Banned Alternate Account

Post by tellyzbad1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Something I made recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEFAM6gjwnI

My personal fav out of my old ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYnpP7yc8Wc

P.S. VegettoEX, if you read this, when are you making your amv return? :P