Dragon Ball Z Light of Hope

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Z Light of Hope

Post by Avenged » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:26 pm

As I reported here: http://www.dblegends.com/2013/04/new-li ... z-project/ A team known as Robot UnderDog have decided to do their own take on live action DBZ. And to my knowledge they have not asked for any money and are just doing it on their own behalf.

They will announce what they're doing via video on Youtube after releasing several more photos.
Last edited by Avenged on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Re: Another live action DBZ Project

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:41 pm

So they're different from those other guys? Seems promising if they aren't asking for money.

Is that supposed to be Gokuu or Gohan? I would think Gokuu since, you know, he's Gokuu but the hair style is so Gohan's.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm

I believe that's meant to be Ultimate gohan.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:44 pm

Seriously?! That's awesome! So I guess they're doing the Boo arc then! 8)
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 pm

There's another photo on my site (same actor/person) portraying Goku with the Genki dama in his hand.

And I guess this project will be called Future Destroyed, so they will be creating their own story. We'll see in a few days.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Sweet! I just saw the other picture. Strange he's holding a Dragon Ball while doing a (one handed) Genki Dama. I'm curious to see what the Super Saiyan looks like!

Ketchup_Revenge
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ketchup_Revenge » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 am

This seriously looks like some dilly-ed up cosplay.
I wipe it off the tile, the light is brighter this time, everything is 3D blasphemy.
My eyes are red and gold, the hair is standing straight up, this is not the way I picture me.
I can't control my shakes, how the hell did I get here? Something about this, so very wrong.
I have to laugh out loud, I wish I didn't like this. Is it a dream or a memory?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 am

So, this should go in Fan-Created works? Being in General Discussion gives a misleading first impression.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:44 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:So, this should go in Fan-Created works? Being in General Discussion gives a misleading first impression.
I figured since the other two live action projects were posted in general discussion, why not this one as well?
Last edited by Avenged on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm

No need to be rude to someone offering a (legitimate) suggestion. Moving the thread.

Were other fan-works here in this section and we totally overlooked that fact? Happy to move them, too.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 pm

VegettoEX wrote:No need to be rude to someone offering a (legitimate) suggestion. Moving the thread.

Were other fan-works here in this section and we totally overlooked that fact? Happy to move them, too.
Yeah that Saiyan Saga deal and Project Runaways.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:57 pm

I'll be honest; the moderator/admin teams end up reading so many posts and threads in a day that I think we are sometimes blind to which section we're in. Totally sorry that some fan-works didn't make their way down into the appropriate section. I'll try to dig up what I can and get things shifted.

Carry on!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Now, that's what a live-action DB should look like (in my opinion, of course). I have but two things I'd change (that's a small number for me):
1. Goku's hairstyle. He does not look like himself without his iconic hair.
2. The fabric that their gi is made of - I somehow always considered it to be more thick and here it seems like something that would wear down after a week.
But those are minor points. It is still easily the best live-action DB I've ever seen (though I'm not sure how well will it look like when it's a movie and not just some pictures).

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 pm

That one image is better than anything K&K Productions has ever done. :P
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Third picture is up! Kind of disappointed we didn't get to see another character...

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Looks pretty awesome, just one thing: the Dragon Balls seem a bit too big on the Genki Dama image...

Also, taken from their blog:
http://www.robotunderdog.com/uploads/1/ ... 0_orig.jpg
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 am

It all looks really goofy.. But that last image is good. K&K's ki should look more like that not just flash of light. So props to them for that. I wonder how it'll look in video though.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 pm

New Picture of Gohan & Veggie.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat May 04, 2013 3:02 am

10x better than anything K&K have produced thus far.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

RobotUnderdog

Re: Another live action DBZ Project -Android 18

Post by RobotUnderdog » Wed May 15, 2013 1:26 pm

http://www.robotunderdog.com/uploads/1/ ... photo5.jpg
Wanted to share the latest photo from the project - We are introducing a new character based on the feedback we saw in this forum & others. We really appreciate everyone's support - thank you guys for commenting, sharing and liking the photos. We can't wait to share more of this project with you guys.
-Robot Underdog Team