"Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Re: "Hyper Dragonball Z" Videogame Discussion Thread

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:30 am

Big Momma wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:I messed with the cfg file. I guess 4:3 is how it is.

Also, those Saibamen are crazy, haven't beaten them. Probably need a gamepad or something. I'm loving Freeza.

In the "data" folder, go into your Mugen.cfg file, and open it with Notepad.

Scroll down, underneath [Config], and change the Gamewidth and height to whichever one of the options you fancy. Save your file, then open up Mugen. That should do the trick.
I tried that already, and it's just really zoomed in. I'm not sure how to fix it.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:51 am

Yes cut scenes are possible, custom intro for the game, custom menus, intro cut scenes, ending cut scenes, I belive even set rival matches.

Also, I've been told that Iced was killed by rabid moles. Rest in pieces dude.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:I messed with the cfg file. I guess 4:3 is how it is.

Also, those Saibamen are crazy, haven't beaten them. Probably need a gamepad or something. I'm loving Freeza.

In the "data" folder, go into your Mugen.cfg file, and open it with Notepad.

Scroll down, underneath [Config], and change the Gamewidth and height to whichever one of the options you fancy. Save your file, then open up Mugen. That should do the trick.
I tried that already, and it's just really zoomed in. I'm not sure how to fix it.
Ah, sorry man. I'm having the same problem. Normally, there's a "Stretch" option...but I don't see it in my Mugen.cfg. Did they remove it for Mugen 1.0?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DonieZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DonieZ » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Weejus wrote:Well, after messing around with Wineskin, I managed to get Hyper DBZ to work on Mac. The game plays great and I can't wait for future updates, but damn the AI is brutal, and according to the update video, the difficulty is directly coded into the character AI and cannot be changed with the difficulty setting in the options menu. Hopefully when I get a USB adaptor for it, I can use my Tatsunoko vs. Capcom arcade stick with Hyper DBZ and see how it plays with that.
This is a question for everyone really. So I've finally gotten Hyper DBZ to run on my mac using Wineskin, and I've successfully paired my ps3 controller with the mac. However, I can't get the pad to work with the game. Is there some sort of configuration in the file I have to mess with? Or is it just supposed to automatically recognise there's a pad connected? Appreciate any help!

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:16 pm

DonieZ wrote:This is a question for everyone really. So I've finally gotten Hyper DBZ to run on my mac using Wineskin, and I've successfully paired my ps3 controller with the mac. However, I can't get the pad to work with the game. Is there some sort of configuration in the file I have to mess with? Or is it just supposed to automatically recognise there's a pad connected? Appreciate any help!
I just PMed you with a solution, so here it is for the Mac users among us:

Try the program Enjoy2. Once you have the PS3 controller connected, you can use it to map commands to button inputs. To use the controller in MUGEN (HDBZ), you need to click the Start button in the corner of Enjoy2 otherwise the PS3 controller will do nothing.

Also Game Grumps (a popular Let's Play YouTube channel, which I happen to be a fan of) uploaded a video of some of them playing Hyper Dragon Ball Z today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3pbWHLzdAA

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:20 pm

I love Game Grumps. I'm so glad they picked Hyper DBZ. I wasn't a fan of them dicking around with Burst Limit; Hyper DBZ definitely got their attention.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:05 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:I love Game Grumps. I'm so glad they picked Hyper DBZ. I wasn't a fan of them dicking around with Burst Limit; Hyper DBZ definitely got their attention.
Yeah, and Arin and Ross being total DBZ fanboys must have made interesting commentary easy to do in this instance.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 pm

They made Haiya Dragon badass....how is that possible?

Also I can't play for shit...I got my PS3 controller to work, but I don't know the proper mapping scheme.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:30 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:They made Haiya Dragon badass....how is that possible?

Also I can't play for shit...I got my PS3 controller to work, but I don't know the proper mapping scheme.
Perhaps map it like Street Fighter IV? I haven't even tried myself but I would go with a SF4 or Skull Girls setup.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:41 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:

Perhaps map it like Street Fighter IV? I haven't even tried myself but I would go with a SF4 or Skull Girls setup.
Basically an SF4 setup for me.

(MUGEN button/respective Punch or Kick - corresponding PS button)
X/Light Punch - Square
Y/Medium Punch - Triangle
Z/Heavy Punch - R1
A/Light Kick - X
B/Medium Kick - O
C/Heavy Kick - R2

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:13 pm

Weejus wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:

X/Light Punch - Square
Z/Heavy Punch - R1
A/Light Kick - X
B/Medium Kick - O
C/Heavy Kick - R2
I'll set that up....though how come I can't play in a smaller window...it automatically goes to full screen. I want to practice moves by reading a move list and looking at the screen, but I can't with the forced full screen motion.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:16 pm

So I really want to play, but have no idea how to even get my Dualshock 3 to work on the PC. Like, it recognizes the controller, but nothing more than that. Could someone help me?
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So I really want to play, but have no idea how to even get my Dualshock 3 to work on the PC. Like, it recognizes the controller, but nothing more than that. Could someone help me?
I use a program called motionjoy to allow me to play with my PS3 Controller. Though Xpadder I think works well too.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Weejus wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:Perhaps map it like Street Fighter IV? I haven't even tried myself but I would go with a SF4 or Skull Girls setup.

X/Light Punch - Square
Z/Heavy Punch - R1
A/Light Kick - X
B/Medium Kick - O
C/Heavy Kick - R2
I'll set that up....though how come I can't play in a smaller window...it automatically goes to full screen. I want to practice moves by reading a move list and looking at the screen, but I can't with the forced full screen motion.
Yeah, I have this problem as well. The first build (the one with playable Mr. Satan and Saibamen) was windowed but the current build (playable Gohan and Freeza) is fullscreen only. I've already contacted Balthazar about some glitches I found, so hopefully if he replies I'll tell him about including both a windowed and fullscreen mode in the next build.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Weejus wrote:Yeah, I have this problem as well. The first build (the one with playable Mr. Satan and Saibamen) was windowed but the current build (playable Gohan and Freeza) is fullscreen only. I've already contacted Balthazar about some glitches I found, so hopefully if he replies I'll tell him about including both a windowed and fullscreen mode in the next build.
I also don't like how in the manual it just shows buttons instead of saying "Strong Punch" "Heavy Kick", as it greatly confuses my button set up and messes up my train of thought. I'm not really a technical fighter player, but that's not very noob friendly. This control scheme really helps, but the guides don't compensate for the different control scheme. That means anyone who doesn't use those exact buttons will be confused.

Damn we gotta wait forever for a non full screen option...

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:13 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Weejus wrote:Yeah, I have this problem as well. The first build (the one with playable Mr. Satan and Saibamen) was windowed but the current build (playable Gohan and Freeza) is fullscreen only. I've already contacted Balthazar about some glitches I found, so hopefully if he replies I'll tell him about including both a windowed and fullscreen mode in the next build.
I also don't like how in the manual it just shows buttons instead of saying "Strong Punch" "Heavy Kick", as it greatly confuses my button set up and messes up my train of thought. I'm not really a technical fighter player, but that's not very noob friendly. This control scheme really helps, but the guides don't compensate for the different control scheme. That means anyone who doesn't use those exact buttons will be confused.

To be fair, the XYZABC button nomenclature is from MUGEN itself, not just Hyper DBZ. I do agree with you though, and it's annoying that the only way to access the manuals is in the character files instead of just on a website or something.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Weejus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:

To be fair, the XYZABC button nomenclature is from MUGEN itself, not just Hyper DBZ. I do agree with you though, and it's annoying that the only way to access the manuals is in the character files instead of just on a website or something.
They could just write it in text like they did with the description.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:18 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:So I really want to play, but have no idea how to even get my Dualshock 3 to work on the PC. Like, it recognizes the controller, but nothing more than that. Could someone help me?
I use a program called motionjoy to allow me to play with my PS3 Controller. Though Xpadder I think works well too.
Thanks. Do you think motionjoy is a relatively safe program to use? And does it take long to download?

Don't mind me. I'm often more skeptical about things than I need to be.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:45 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Thanks. Do you think motionjoy is a relatively safe program to use? And does it take long to download?

Should be fine. Though make sure you set it to work offline. I forget how to do that though. XPadder Is another program I heard of that works, but I never tried it.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:52 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:[I use a program called motionjoy to allow me to play with my PS3 Controller. Though Xpadder I think works well too.

Should be fine. Though make sure you set it to work offline. I forget how to do that though. XPadder Is another program I heard of that works, but I never tried it.
I use Enjoy2, but I'm not sure if it's Mac only. It allows you to save different button configurations for different uses (I have one for MUGEN/HDBZ, and am going to set one up for TF2 soon).