The Fan Character Death Battle - Rigor vs Xicor

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

The Fan Character Death Battle - Rigor vs Xicor

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 pm

This has to do with two seperate fan series, so I thought it best for it to have it's own thread. If it dies, it dies. If it gets locked up and the internet key thrown away, so be it. But I'm curious to see people analyze this should they choose to.

For many in the DB fandom, this is considered the Ultimate Showdown between the Ultimate Dragon ball Fan Characters. It's been discussed in numerous threads in different countries around the internet. It's been the subject of several game mods. Now it's time to settle it once and for all. Its New Age vs AF as The Legendary Saiyan Rigor and the Half-God Hybrid Xicor clash in the ultimate struggle to decide WHO IS STRONGEST! Who will survive and what will be left of the rest of us?! It's time to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win... a DEATH BATTLE!

I want to know how the educated of us in the ways of Dragon Ball would analyze this fight and choose a winner. And, in a goal most lofty and unlikely, I would love for people to post, share, and demand this fight of the Death Battle guys at Screw Attack to make history with the first-ever fan character Death Battle. I know, highly unlikely, but guys can dream right?
Last edited by Malik_DBNA on Tue May 06, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The Fan Character Death Battle - Rigor vs Xicor

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Based on what we currently have on both characters, I say Rigor.

Xicor has had rather inconsistent power in Toyble's AF. He goes from manhandling two SSJ4's and I think a SSJ2 to being damaged by the three working together.

At another point Vegeta forces Xicor into his SSJ5 by rapidly switching through SSJ forms during their 1V1.

Xicor has SSJ5 as well but all we have seen it do is beat down SSJ Vegeta and nothing more at the moment. Not the most impressive feat.

I see SSJ4 Gogeta trouncing Xicor in a much similar fashion to Omega Shenron.

Now Rigor for all intents and purposes had Gogeta. The only reason Gogeta survived was due to Rigor's SSJ5 strain. Gogeta even gives up in the final few seconds.

Rigor > SSJ4 Gogeta > Xicor. Based on material currently shown.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 pm

I am not really familiar with either of them

But shouldn't Saiya-jin names be vegetable puns?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I am not really familiar with either of them

Not sure what Rigor is punned off of but Xicor can get away with it, being a halfbreed and raised by his Kaioshin mother. Its like Gohan's name not being punned off of a vegetable because hes not a full blooded Saiyan born on Planet Vegeta.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 07, 2014 1:41 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Based on what we currently have on both characters, I say Rigor.

Xicor has had rather inconsistent power in Toyble's AF. He goes from manhandling two SSJ4's and I think a SSJ2 to being damaged by the three working together.

At another point Vegeta forces Xicor into his SSJ5 by rapidly switching through SSJ forms during their 1V1.

Xicor has SSJ5 as well but all we have seen it do is beat down SSJ Vegeta and nothing more at the moment. Not the most impressive feat.

I see SSJ4 Gogeta trouncing Xicor in a much similar fashion to Omega Shenron.

Now Rigor for all intents and purposes had Gogeta. The only reason Gogeta survived was due to Rigor's SSJ5 strain. Gogeta even gives up in the final few seconds.

Rigor > SSJ4 Gogeta > Xicor. Based on material currently shown.
Xicor should be stronger than Gogeta. Trunk told Vegeta that he should use Fusion with SS4 Gohan, but Vegeta told that it wouldn't work.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Wed May 07, 2014 6:03 am

Xicor/Zaiko doesn't have a pun name (that I've been able to find anyway. It seems like Toyble based it off the word "psycho", but that's all I could come up with).

Rigor on the other hand is a pun/anagram of Rhizome Ginger, a type of root vegetable, just with a slight alteration in spelling (which isn't all that uncommon in some of the puns, like Bardock instead of Burdock). Rhi+ger = Rigor.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:Xicor/Zaiko doesn't have a pun name (that I've been able to find anyway. It seems like Toyble based it off the word "psycho", but that's all I could come up with).
Xicor wasn't created by Toyble, he and the whole AF is based on the fan rumors about the supposed new series.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 am

From what it looks like, if you ask me, Xicor in Toyble's version seems to be stronger. He couldn't be defeated so he must have been sealed away and then when the characters finally feel a bit confident he transforms. Of course Rigor does that as well but Xicor seems to have even more unknown powers. Both are ridiculously strong. Not that this could actually be determined as they are made by two diferent people.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 08, 2014 1:13 am

Malik_DBNA wrote:

Xicor/Zaiko doesn't have a pun name (that I've been able to find anyway. It seems like Toyble based it off the word "psycho", but that's all I could come up with).

Rigor on the other hand is a pun/anagram of Rhizome Ginger, a type of root vegetable, just with a slight alteration in spelling (which isn't all that uncommon in some of the puns, like Bardock instead of Burdock). Rhi+ger = Rigor.
Ah, that makes sense.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

supacomboy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supacomboy » Tue May 13, 2014 5:52 pm

In keeping with the pun is Rigor's name pronounced "rai-jor"?? Before I knew the pun I assumed it was pronounced rigor with a hard g, which always brought to mind rigor mortis. I definitely prefer the pun-based version! ! ;)

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Tue May 13, 2014 6:52 pm

supacomboy wrote:In keeping with the pun is Rigor's name pronounced "rai-jor"?? Before I knew the pun I assumed it was pronounced rigor with a hard g, which always brought to mind rigor mortis. I definitely prefer the pun-based version! ! ;)
It is pronounced "Rig - Or", like Rigor Mortis. The 'rai-jor' pronunciation was a mispronunciation by UnrealEntGaming

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Wed May 14, 2014 10:04 am

Rigor = Xicor... Hmm, why am I getting the strangest case of dejavu just reading their names? Sigh.

AbbadontheDestroyer

Post by AbbadontheDestroyer » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:54 pm

Well,if we are going by toybal's version or the just AF version i would have to agree with the statement you made in Alex's round table podcast,but i would definitely like to see rigor go up against Absalon Xicor,even though he is not introduced yet,we have seen pictures of him in ssj6,so by that version i would say Xicor

SuppaSaiyanNerd
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuppaSaiyanNerd » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:20 am

But my official oh-so-original OC, Xicorigorius 3000 the Hyper-Ultra-Super Saiyan, son of Mega-Mecha Obsidian Freeza Armageddon Prototype Zero infused with Saiyan DNA, can call his big brother, who will then beat up both Xicor and Xicor.. I mean Rigor.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:But my official oh-so-original OC, Xicorigorius 3000 the Hyper-Ultra-Super Saiyan, son of Mega-Mecha Obsidian Freeza Armageddon Prototype Zero infused with Saiyan DNA, can call his big brother, who will then beat up both Xicor and Xicor.. I mean Rigor.
Are you here just to talk crap about Malik's DBNA or what?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:39 pm

SuppaSaiyanNerd wrote:But my official oh-so-original OC, Xicorigorius 3000 the Hyper-Ultra-Super Saiyan, son of Mega-Mecha Obsidian Freeza Armageddon Prototype Zero infused with Saiyan DNA, can call his big brother, who will then beat up both Xicor and Xicor.. I mean Rigor.
This does not seem to add anything to the discussion. If you have something relevant to say, by all means do so in the same style as the rest of your fellow fans. Otherwise, keep the irrelevant sarcasm to yourself and/or bring it elsewhere.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::