DBZ Myers Briggs Chart I made. Which character are you?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CordonBloo
Beyond Newbie

Re: DBZ Myers Briggs Chart I made. Which character are you?

Post by CordonBloo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:28 pm

Is this even supposed to be a psychology thing though? It reminds me more of horology lol
CORDON BLOO TO THE RESCOO!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:36 pm

Eh, I know we talked about it in my Abnormal Psychology class, so, I guess they think so *shrugs*. Anyways, I really don't want to ruin people's fun or anything, I just want them to keep that in mind before they see a personality, and think "Oh really? Huh, never thought I was that...but apparently I am? Bummer...", or something like that.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:37 pm

I did work experience at a job centre a year ago, and in the small National Careers Service office inside, I had to take the Myers Briggs test. Never would have guessed it would eventually link back to Dragon Ball. I also remember the woman inside asked me what I wanted to do and I said I liked drawing, but she had no idea what manga was, so naturally, I showed her some art from the Kanzenban covers.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:52 pm

Like I said earlier, I had to take the Myers Briggs test for my job too, and, yes, while the four categories themselves don't lend themselves to that much variation, what I got back was several pages of data, breaking down each letter into several sub-categories and then showing on a bar graph how consistently in-behavior I was to each trait or how out-of-behavior I was to some.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 pm

I usually approach these test with extreme skepticism but what hell, let's just have fun... *takes test*...

Heh, 18.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:48 pm

I'm an ISTP, so I guess that means I'm #18. XD

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:29 pm

I always get INTJ or ENTJ, so I get Piccolo or Freeza. But I wanted Cell.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:58 pm

INFJ or INFP, so I'm either Gohan or Future Trunks.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:26 am

I'm ESFP, which means Buu.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

FinalFlash

Post by FinalFlash » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for the positive response! It's true that the methodology behind Myers Briggs isn't fully accurate, and obviously the short blurbs found in my chart are extremely simplified versions. I do think the actual psychology behind Jung's cognitive functions is somewhat sound. The issue is a lot of the tests out there, (the one that I link to on my site included) aren't going to be totally accurate. The best way to find your "type" is by reading up on each one individually and pinpointing which one you think matches you. A lot of the sites out their make it sound horoscopish, what with discussing only the positives of each type. However, once you delve into the cognitive functions themselves (like Introverted Feeling and Extroverted Thinking vs Extroverted Feeling and Introverted Thinking; Introverted Sensing and Extroverted Intuition vs Extroverted Sensing and Introverted Intuition), it can be an interesting learning tool for personal growth. We discuss the functions in one of the episodes of my podcast on the site, if anyone is interested. I just found it pretty interesting that although some of the characters aren't very deep compared to other literary creations, I had no trouble finding a character for each type.

Also, if anyone is interested, here are the characters that I also believe could have fit in some of the spaces, but I opted for the others:

ISTJ: Tenshinhan
ISTP: Android 17
ISFP: Chauzu
INFP: Uub (though we really don't know very much about him)
ESFP: Goten
ESTP: Yamcha (possibly an ISTP), Kid Trunks, Gotenks
ENTP: King Kai, Vegetto

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I got Mr. Satan :lol:. Anyone else get The Champ?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:41 am

Piccolo - which is about right I think
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am

VegettoEX wrote:I am apparently Dr. Gero.

This is accurate.
Ditto. Wasn't expecting that one. I mean, I did build robots to take over the world that one time, but that was incidental.

Though I didn't get Stannis when looking at the other chart linked on that page, which made me sad. But I did get Lincoln on the other, so it's not all bad.

EDIT: Actually, looking at these charts, I just noticed that Vegeta, Stannis, and Washington are all listed as ISTJ... despite Vegeta being just about the furthest person I can think of personality-wise from those two. Makes some sense, though.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:43 pm

That was kind of fun, never took one of those tests before. I ended up with Goku! ^_^

Daimakku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Daimakku » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:02 am

I've done multiple Myers-Briggs tests over the years and I always get either INTJ or ISTJ, though usually INTJ. I'm slightly more N than S.

So that means I got Piccolo. Which it isn't a surprise since he's my favorite character in the show (aside from Gohan). I've always liked that cool demeanor he has, and how he always thinks before doing something and plans ahead. I can really see myself in his character.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:17 am

Daimakku wrote:I've done multiple Myers-Briggs tests over the years and I always get either INTJ or ISTJ, though usually INTJ. I'm slightly more N than S.

So that means I got Piccolo. Which it isn't a surprise since he's my favorite character in the show (aside from Gohan). I've always liked that cool demeanor he has, and how he always thinks before doing something and plans ahead. I can really see myself in his character.
Same here
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:40 pm

I am an ISTJ which means I'm Vegeta which is pretty accurate in my opinion.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 am

(ENTP) looks like I'm Cell....
What a perfect match. 8)
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:15 am

I took the test and ended up as an INTJ — the far-thinking and analytical "Mastermind" personality represented by Piccolo.

... Yeah, I can see that.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:48 am

According to the quiz, I'm Krillin.