Dragon Ball Fan Comic/Manga/Doujinshi Compilation

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Re: DB Fan Comic Recommendations

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Skar wrote:
Streamer255 wrote:There is another Bulma x Vegeta side story called Run From It by VEGETApsycho. It is based on a fanfic by Bulma_VegOtaku, which is found on this website. First page is here.
Added to the list. I always enjoy a love story and the artwork is great too. I found this one King Cold's Revenge. I don't really know what's going on and it looks like King Cold can time travel or cross between dimensions since he's killing Z fighters from different continuities.
In the comments section, I saw THIS:

Don't worry about this, the comic is basically King Cold smashing everyone :D

by the person who posted the cold's revenge. It looks more of a fan-art than fan-comic IMO.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:36 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Skar wrote:
Streamer255 wrote:There is another Bulma x Vegeta side story called Run From It by VEGETApsycho. It is based on a fanfic by Bulma_VegOtaku, which is found on this website. First page is here.
Added to the list. I always enjoy a love story and the artwork is great too. I found this one King Cold's Revenge. I don't really know what's going on and it looks like King Cold can time travel or cross between dimensions since he's killing Z fighters from different continuities.
In the comments section, I saw THIS:

Don't worry about this, the comic is basically King Cold smashing everyone :D

by the person who posted the cold's revenge. It looks more of a fan-art than fan-comic IMO.
That makes sense! I'll add that note to the first post.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 pm

I've got a few recommendations for the side stories section: in addition to Little Saiyalings, its author, CDC, did two Dragon Ball Z fan comic specials. One was called "Dragonball CDC #1: At the Beach," and it's got the same kind of humor from the Saiyalings strip, only the characters are portrayed in their normal states (instead of them all being kids). It's got a bit of heart, too, and refreshingly, gives the women of the series a chance to shine:
http://www.madcool.com/mc/comics/dragonball/b1.htm

Then there's "Dragonball CD #2, Christmas Surprise," which I think was later retitled, "Dragonball CDC - Tomako's Revenge." Although sadly unfinished, it's a very cool, movie-style story (in terms of continuity) that introduces a new villain and takes a plot point from the Saiyan Saga that Akira Toriyama forgot to tie up and uses it in a very clever way. I do hope CDC decides to one day come back and wrap it up (even though it has been many years), as there were a couple of interesting mysteries being set up:
http://www.madcool.com/mc/comics/dragonball/t1.htm

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu May 12, 2016 9:30 pm

@Gokitalo
Wow thank you! Little Saiyalings was one of my favorite fan comics. I wasn't aware the author had worked on other stories. I definitely look forward to reading these.

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 pm

There's the Collabo Dragon fan-comic being written/drawn by the same person who made Super Vegeta Den. It's the DB/Dragon Quest crossover story about where Piccolo (the main character) fights the familiar enemies in Hell as its new guardian after DBGT ended and there's the new ally (from DQ) who'll later join Piccolo to help him fight them together and continue more until the end. It's really great in my opinion.

Here's the link of his website: http://m-pe.tv/u/page.php?uid=syugyo&id=2

However, there's all of image of those comics are too small to read but enjoy reading it.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun May 15, 2016 2:40 pm

@Z-Dragon
Do you know if there's an English translation for that comic? It looks cool but it's hard to navigate that website when it's all in Japanese.

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Sun May 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Skar wrote:@Z-Dragon
Do you know if there's an English translation for that comic? It looks cool but it's hard to navigate that website when it's all in Japanese.

There's the English translation for some pages of the "Collabo Dragon" comic on Deviantart: http://collabo2.deviantart.com/ However, he's stopped posting it anymore since 2012 for whatever reason, unfortunately. It seems like no one translates this comic to English there too, I guess.

I found this comic when I searched this japanese website thanks to the link that someone posted on DB Multiverse page somewhere a few years ago. I'll show you all how to search and read the comic despite in japanese:

Click "漫画「COLLABO DRAGON」" -> Right-click "Translate to English" first -> down to [過去ログ] ("Past Log" in english) -> "ⅱ ~ hero and demon king and the ultimate devil ~ <Chapter 1>" in english to click "画像" (image in english) to see the page, but it's too small to read unless using Ctrl + Zoom with scroll wheel mouse up to 150% or 175% which make the page pic big enough to read despite being a little blurry that make your eyes hurt a little, so remember to take a break from reading the comic when your eyes get strained.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed May 18, 2016 9:04 pm

I was reading a few of the English translated pages and it looks like a really cool comic! It's a shame it's no longer being translated. I'll post a link to the English translation and Japanese site.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:46 am

3 Curses by betaruga - A short comic that features Vegeta seeing ghosts of his dead comrades. Has a wonderful sketchy art style and a rather funny punchline.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:17 pm

There's French comic called Dragon Ball Kame. It's about Pan, Bra and other kids. It's in French, which I don't know. Maybe someone can translate it to English.
The art is really good.
http://www.dragonball-kame.com/
https://www.facebook.com/1.David.Cicerone.DBK/

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:08 am

Though not proper story-based comic, Ask Bardock and Raditz is very amusing.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 pm

ParkerAL wrote:Though not proper story-based comic, Ask Bardock and Raditz is very amusing.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That was fun.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 pm

Riczi wrote:There's French comic called Dragon Ball Kame. It's about Pan, Bra and other kids. It's in French, which I don't know. Maybe someone can translate it to English.
The art is really good.
The artwork is nice! Is it still updating and does it mention what year it takes place?
ParkerAL wrote:3 Curses by betaruga - A short comic that features Vegeta seeing ghosts of his dead comrades. Has a wonderful sketchy art style and a rather funny punchline.
That had a fun ending!
Though not proper story-based comic, Ask Bardock and Raditz is very amusing.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I remember seeing one of these :D. I didn't know they had an entire Tumblr page.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

Skar wrote:Is it still updating and does it mention what year it takes place?
It is still updating and for the year - I don't know.
I hope someone who can speak French will translate it to English.

hold3n

Post by hold3n » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:09 pm

For anyone looking for an interesting read, give Dragon Ball Universe a try. While I see it on the list, I feel it deserves more credit due to its unique story and ability to think outside the small box of Dragon Ball doujinshis. DBU is a rare case of a DBZ sequal that doesn't try too hard to recycle everything that came before it. Universe has clear characters with clear motivations, and gives development to characters that lacked it in the main series (such as Goten). The artist also takes liberties with its art that develops its own style, but absolutely nails the humor aspect of DB. Also, while sometimes the artwork does not resemble Toriyama's style, the fight scenes are absolutely gorgeous.

If your looking for a unique and fun sequel of DBZ that doesn't dip into the usual cliches, I suggest you immediately check this out:
http://slangh.deviantart.com/gallery/26 ... offset=216

Also, the artwork at the beginning has a more rugged look that you don't see in most mangas, but if you don't like it just read on (the artwork gets much better).
*random dragon ball shit*

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:35 pm

If anybody wants to read it I am writing a manga for Dragin Ball Super, you can call it a movie type of story for Dragon Ball Super. Here is the link hope you guys like it http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:49 pm

For parodies, can we add Gast 'n' Palz to the list?
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:03 am

hold3n wrote:If your looking for a unique and fun sequel of DBZ that doesn't dip into the usual cliches, I suggest you immediately check this out:
I really enjoyed that one and I loved the artstyle. Goten never got a chance to become his own character and doesn't contribute besides being the other half of Gotenks. It's nice to see a story that gives Goten more attention.
undertakerlargestfan wrote:If anybody wants to read it I am writing a manga for Dragin Ball Super, you can call it a movie type of story for Dragon Ball Super. Here is the link hope you guys like it http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1
It looks like an interesting story! I'll add it to the list!
Sailor Haumea wrote:For parodies, can we add Gast 'n' Palz to the list?
I already added it besides DBM :P.

undertakerlargestfan

Post by undertakerlargestfan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Skar wrote:
hold3n wrote:If your looking for a unique and fun sequel of DBZ that doesn't dip into the usual cliches, I suggest you immediately check this out:
I really enjoyed that one and I loved the artstyle. Goten never got a chance to become his own character and doesn't contribute besides being the other half of Gotenks. It's nice to see a story that gives Goten more attention.
undertakerlargestfan wrote:If anybody wants to read it I am writing a manga for Dragin Ball Super, you can call it a movie type of story for Dragon Ball Super. Here is the link hope you guys like it http://vadartheultimatesuperpower.blogspot.com/?m=1
It looks like an interesting story! I'll add it to the list!
Sailor Haumea wrote:For parodies, can we add Gast 'n' Palz to the list?
I already added it besides DBM :P.
thanks hopefully you were able to read it and enjoy it

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

I found a japanese fancomic called God of Earth by Jeter Studio. Not sure what happened with Dende, who's still alive, but Android 18 has been chosen to be Kami. I'd link to it, but the only site I can find it on is NSFW, so just google jeter studio god of earth and scroll down a bit.