What would you wish for?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would you wish for?

Post by Low Tone G » Wed May 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Health and Happiness.... What else? Other than that, immortality for some people including myself.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Don't know why so many people want to be immortal. You just get to watch your loved ones die and eventually suffer the end of the world taking place...and possibly the aftermath effects.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 06, 2015 6:50 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Don't know why so many people want to be immortal. You just get to watch your loved ones die and eventually suffer the end of the world taking place...and possibly the aftermath effects.
Well it's better than the guy who wanted to wish himself into the Marvel universe. Getting blown up, tortured, torn apart, electrocuted, or mind controlled by supervillains on a monthly basis has got to suck.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed May 06, 2015 9:08 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Don't know why so many people want to be immortal. You just get to watch your loved ones die and eventually suffer the end of the world taking place...and possibly the aftermath effects.
Well it's better than the guy who wanted to wish himself into the Marvel universe. Getting blown up, tortured, torn apart, electrocuted, or mind controlled by supervillains on a monthly basis has got to suck.
Yeah. That's a thing. XD

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed May 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hey pain is temporarily. Beside we can just recton stuff and bring me back to life without Balls

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu May 07, 2015 1:33 am

Only important characters get brought back to life. You'd be better off in DB where every random civilian gets brought back.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 07, 2015 1:47 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Only important characters get brought back to life. You'd be better off in DB where every random civilian gets brought back.
Eeeeeexcept for the population of east city. Those guys are dead.
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu May 07, 2015 6:33 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Only important characters get brought back to life. You'd be better off in DB where every random civilian gets brought back.
Not Gwen Stacey

There's alt. Universe and reboots :).

Man y'all party poopers!
"immortality"
You see everyone die

"marvel"
You die

:lol:

Soccerjam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soccerjam » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:28 pm

rereboy wrote:I would wish for everyone in the world to be good people, now and forever.
:clap: :thumbup:

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 am

First immortality, then the bitches.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 am

A lifetime supply of strawberries. :P

All joking aside, as cheesy and cliché as it sounds, world peace. Wouldn't that be about the best thing anyone could wish for?
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 am

Money... A lot of money. It can't buy you happiness, but it can pretty much everything else.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:36 am

As tempting as it is to wish for everyone to have Elven-style immortality (old age and disease don't kill you, you're more resilient than mortals, but not unkillable if you turn into Hitler / decide you want to die), I'd probably wind up wishing for something a bit more selfish, just so I don't have to deal with the inevitable social upheaval. (I mean, look at all the healthcare companies that will go out of business, and all the jobs that disappear because old people's retirement ran out and they go back to work, etc. We'd fix it, of course, but I don't know how and I'm a bit terrified of the 20 year finding out process. [1] )

So, instead, I'd tried to see just how much Shenron is willing to play ball with umbrella wishes.

First try: "Restore and perfect me and mine." The wording would be more complex, but I'd try to avoid making it a compound wish, because obviously it's cheating to just keep adding "and x" to a single wish. I would hope this would perfect my body and mind, and heal my family's and their pets' various health issues, fix all of my broken stuff, maybe even clean the house something fierce and tell me where the crap my Sega Genesis got to since the last move. Or the PS1 games, for that matter (which would lose all their scratches as part of the wish, yum).

But that's probably way too broad and Shenron is probably not going to just up and read minds to fill in the blanks. I guess I could wish for Shenron to grant the perfect wish by reading my mind and those whose contents would be relevant, but that's probably cheating, too.

So I'd have to focus on making myself such that I can grant the rest of the wishes myself. Since Shenron probably won't give me any magic powers (and I was so hoping that I could have shapeshifting / teleportation / polymorph any object [2]), defining a less magical perfect form and wishing for that should do. I will not explain my perfect form here, other than to say that it probably won't get me any dates but hopefully I can stay sane without caring about it. Anyway, my perfect form™ will have some freaking conscientiousness and the ability to read labels and schematics, so I could actually start making all the other stuff I want.

If I get multiple wishes, though, second one is for a hard drive containing the perfect form of all my digitizable projects, durable and capable of being read with my existing computers. Because, let's be honest, the odds of me getting the budget / network to complete some of the games/videos I want to make are slimmer than the evil Majin Buu.

(And if it's Porunga and I get three wishes, screw it, I'll pull a Bulma/Yamcha and wish for the perfect friends, because I am too weird to get along with the rest of y'all. :P )

[1] My perfect form will probably be long-lived and have the most powerful immune system in the universe, and I will probably need to see medical experts anyway to convince the government I'm still the same person, so letting researchers harvest some blood samples or stem cells or whatever for research seems like an obviously good idea. Heck, maybe my perfect form's blood / tears can cure cancer, but probably not, since my dad's bloodtype was AB+ and I have no idea what mine is but don't feel like changing it, and IIRC, AB+ can only be given to people who are already AB+?)

[2] All three of those are so horribly broken, even if you add bunches of rules to try and restrict them. The only way to nerf Shapeshifting so that it isn't a win button is to exclude your clothes, and make it incredibly inconvenient toward health and longevity. Pretty much the same with teleportation - can you teleport your clothes? Then you can wear a spacesuit and go work for your favorite space agency, even if you're just repairing satellites. And the potential abuses of polymorph any object as so immense that Shenron would almost definitely refuse to grant it. Yes, I did just say that Puar and Goku can win at everything, other than fights with super-powered beings, which our world seems to lack.)
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:45 pm

1. 100 billion dollars
  2. Magically create a loli
  3. Make loli never age
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

JustSaiyan34

Post by JustSaiyan34 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:41 am

If I can't wish for more wishes, then I'd just wish for an extremely precise Dragon Radar and the knowledge of how to use ki so I could fly.
A B S O L U T E L Y S U B A R A S H I I

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:09 am

For some reason this topic made me remember this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf3xwmXXDH8

If three wishes then eternal youth, psychic powers, and teleportation powers.

If one wish... Idk drugs...

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:51 am

The ability to use ki.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:35 am

1. Able to regen like Majin Buu, but still die from old age

2. Can eat whatever I want without feeling sick
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Raizel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Raizel » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:24 pm

-''The Gamer'' ability from the gamer manga.With that my life would turn into game and I could become a game char.I can level up,gain skills,use magic,increase my int,str etc.
I do not want any wish like immortality after that since game characters don't age.(most of the time)

-But if this ability is too complex for Shenlong then teleportation would be enough.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:39 pm

What if someone does not have any love ones? Not to mention being immortal can work if you want to be a ruler of your own country. So you can ruler for billions of years until the sun dies out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/