[Fan-manga] Dragon ball movies turned into manga

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

[Fan-manga] Dragon ball movies turned into manga

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:27 am

I have all the dragon ball movies, turned into manga, and it looks like scene for scene.
Does anyone know anything about these? are they hand-drawn? photoshoped? traced?
they are obviously all done by the same author, because they all have those cool close up panels.
I plan on cleaning and translating soon.

examples from Coolers return, broly the legendary super Saiyan, and coolers revenge.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: [Fan-manga] Dragon ball movies turned into manga

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:33 am

The Chinese sure know how to get down. :D

I wouldn't mind getting the Tree of Might in manga form, it's my favorite outside of BoG and RoF.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:16 am

here you are, the only one i don't have is the OVA: plan to destroy the sayians/super sayians.
I think once i finish my dragon ball gt manga clean/translation i will make an adaption of the OVA myself.
some random samples to tie you over for a while:

VintageSaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by VintageSaiyan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:41 am

Holy shit, who's the author and where did you get these?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:52 am

I've had these for a long time, they were given to me by a friend via email.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:51 am

Wow, they look awesome, can't wait to see them in entirety. I envy you so much on your fascinating collection - I have always wanted to get precisely those kinds of doujins (retelling anime-exclusive content in manga style).

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm cleaning and translating the manga myself thoughts?

before:

after:

update: fixed bottom right panel missing words:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:08 pm

I never knew such comics based on the DBZ movies even existed. This is quite a unique find. :)

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Is anyone interested in cleaning/re-drawing? i can do all the translating, but i cant do all the cleaning and re-drawing myself :P

Bejīta Wolf

Post by Bejīta Wolf » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:36 pm

Is the project abandoned?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Bejīta Wolf wrote:Is the project abandoned?
Unfortunately, I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to, and the team I work with is mostly busy with other projects. I wouldn't outright say it's abandoned, but it's definitely shelved for now along with a lot of other projects. When I get time to play around it's usually uploading fan-works and manga on my facebook fan-page.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:31 am

Frankly, I don't think these are worth any reasonable amount of time and effort to improve. They look like cheaply traced bootlegs of the movies, which I assume is the case. They're neat for what they are, but other projects should probably take priority.

I also sort of, kind of prefer the look of the "before" version of the above image to the "after" one. I understand what you were trying to do, Xeztin, cleaning up the image, but the methods used boasted the contrast a bit too much, at least to my eyes.

My apologies if I come across as overly critical. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to track down these and other fan-works!
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:58 pm

ParkerAL wrote:Frankly, I don't think these are worth any reasonable amount of time and effort to improve. They look like cheaply traced bootlegs of the movies, which I assume is the case. They're neat for what they are, but other projects should probably take priority.

I also sort of, kind of prefer the look of the "before" version of the above image to the "after" one. I understand what you were trying to do, Xeztin, cleaning up the image, but the methods used boasted the contrast a bit too much, at least to my eyes.

My apologies if I come across as overly critical. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to track down these and other fan-works!
This was actually my first project with cleaning and such, one of my very first posts on Kanzenshuu I believe :P

You are absolutely right, these are bootlegs or re-drawings of the official ani-manga to make them look more like normal manga.

The bolded statement is basically what more or less happened, I came across GT, Chinese and French scanlators and translators, Zeroverse, Young Jijii (etc) which took a higher priority.

Now a day's I really don't have the time to take on projects other than uploading, which is sad to say! I do sometimes help get projects started though like translations and such.

The Galactic Tyrant
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Galactic Tyrant » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:04 am

Here's Something i whipped up.

Original - Remake (Screenshots from the movie)
Formally Known As SSj Gogito (Wait Who Was That)

Bejīta Wolf

Post by Bejīta Wolf » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:37 am

Not bad at all :thumbup: . You continued?