Dragon Ball Zeroverse Manga

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Zeroverse Manga (Original Chinese) & English

Post by goku1234 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:51 pm

Xeztin wrote:Image
Dragon Ball Zeroverse Volume 2 English
where is the link at?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:54 pm

goku1234 wrote:
where is the link at?
Sorry, I assumed most people just clicked the orange home site button under my account name, here you are mate: https://nwoscans.wordpress.com/ :D

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Xeztin wrote:
goku1234 wrote:
where is the link at?
Sorry, I assumed most people just clicked the orange home site button under my account name, here you are mate: https://nwoscans.wordpress.com/ :D
oh ok thanks!! :D

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Dragon Ball Zeroverse Volume 7 (Original Chinese)

I think this cover is hilarious :lol:

Download at: https://nwoscans.wordpress.com/

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:25 pm

The cleaned scans look incredible!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:29 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:The cleaned scans look incredible!
M4rb has done an excellent job! If you are into the GT manga as well, It is currently being cleaned and we will have it translated to English. Let's hope GT's restoration is just as good as M4rbs Zeroverse. :D

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Okay, what's going on with this manga?

The OP says it was some continuation made in the 90s...

But that can't be. It makes references to Dragon Ball Super! It talks about the twelve universes and them visiting Universe 6! So this must be something new.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Marb changed a few select things in the English translation so that it makes sense. For example we have the 12 universes in Super, but this manga is about Universe 0. If it hadn't been changed to 0 it would have been colliding with Supers 12 which would have confused people. In all truth, the universe thing was made up long before multiverse or Super, possibly even before zeroverse itself.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:19 am

Xeztin wrote:Marb changed a few select things in the English translation so that it makes sense. For example we have the 12 universes in Super, but this manga is about Universe 0. If it hadn't been changed to 0 it would have been colliding with Supers 12 which would have confused people. In all truth, the universe thing was made up long before multiverse or Super, possibly even before zeroverse itself.
Where can we get english versions?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:19 pm

sangofe wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Marb changed a few select things in the English translation so that it makes sense. For example we have the 12 universes in Super, but this manga is about Universe 0. If it hadn't been changed to 0 it would have been colliding with Supers 12 which would have confused people. In all truth, the universe thing was made up long before multiverse or Super, possibly even before zeroverse itself.
Where can we get english versions?
There is a chapter released every Wednesday to read online, or you can purchase the Kanzenban volumes to jump ahead if you can't wait a week.

Read online here: http://thedaoofdragonball.com/manga/dra ... zeroverse/

Buy Kanzenban Volumes here:http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... verse+marb

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:15 pm

But then why is Kaioshin not still merged with Kibito if it was written without Super in mind? Just an eventually convenient oversight?

M4rb

Post by M4rb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:15 pm

But then why is Kaioshin not still merged with Kibito if it was written without Super in mind? Just an eventually convenient oversight?
Kaio-shin and Kibito not being merged in "Zeroverse" was indeed an oversight of the original author. Unfortunately, there are a few more of such continuity errors further down the story. Luckily, Kibito-shin's split in DBSuper can be used as a convenient in-universe explanation.
Marb changed a few select things in the English translation so that it makes sense. For example we have the 12 universes in Super, but this manga is about Universe 0. If it hadn't been changed to 0 it would have been colliding with Supers 12 which would have confused people. In all truth, the universe thing was made up long before multiverse or Super, possibly even before zeroverse itself.
Indeed, in Chapter 21, I modified two text balloons of the original "Zeroverse" manga for the purpose of continuity. On page 88 of my adaptation, Kaio now speaks of the 12 universes instead of "Other mysterious universes", and on page 89, I made Goku say "Of course, we visited universe 6 before" instead of "There's such other universes?". It seems the original Zeroverse author was quite the visionary when it comes to the current DB Super storyline.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:15 pm

I just want to say, I am LOVING DB Zeroverse so far. I won't spoil anything, but I REALLY wonder what's going to become of the Dragon Team after the VERY unfortunate events that transpire upon Goku, Piccolo, and Dende...

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:08 am

dragonballhero wrote:I just want to say, I am LOVING DB Zeroverse so far. I won't spoil anything, but I REALLY wonder what's going to become of the Dragon Team after the VERY unfortunate events that transpire upon Goku, Piccolo, and Dende...

Guess I should get used to the art style?

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:58 pm

sangofe wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:I just want to say, I am LOVING DB Zeroverse so far. I won't spoil anything, but I REALLY wonder what's going to become of the Dragon Team after the VERY unfortunate events that transpire upon Goku, Piccolo, and Dende...

Guess I should get used to the art style?
Yeeeeaaah...If I'm being honest, I can at least..."tolerate" it....The story is honestly what makes it up for me, personally.

mikezilla2
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikezilla2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:40 pm

late to the Party on this

is the plan to have the other dojuins printed as well the one that takes place after this one ?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:33 pm

mikezilla2 wrote:late to the Party on this

is the plan to have the other dojuins printed as well the one that takes place after this one ?
The 5th Zeroverse volume is the end of the series before it was (Cancelled?;stopped) in China. There was 5 volumes drew by a fan that were a number of years later, but they are terrible. However, at the time there was 5 volumes created by a different publishing company in China to continue Zeroverse after it was cancelled. (I'm currently in the process of cleaning these myself) Having said all that, Marb is creating his own, final, sequel of one last volume to finish the story off. It might be released sometime in 2017 since it will take a lot longer to find artists etc.

So to put it short, the sequels that were made by fans and other publishing companies over the years aren't up to the quality of Zeroverse so Marb is creating his own.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:33 am

Xeztin wrote:

The 5th Zeroverse volume is the end of the series before it was (Cancelled?;stopped) in China. There was 5 volumes drew by a fan that were a number of years later, but they are terrible. However, at the time there was 5 volumes created by a different publishing company in China to continue Zeroverse after it was cancelled. (I'm currently in the process of cleaning these myself) Having said all that, Marb is creating his own, final, sequel of one last volume to finish the story off. It might be released sometime in 2017 since it will take a lot longer to find artists etc.

So to put it short, the sequels that were made by fans and other publishing companies over the years aren't up to the quality of Zeroverse so Marb is creating his own.
Who is Marb?

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

sangofe wrote:
Xeztin wrote:

Who is Marb?
The man who restores the manga, you can find his page by searching dragon ball Zeroverse on Facebook. Actually if you scroll up he's on here under M4rb.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Xeztin wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Xeztin wrote: The 5th Zeroverse volume is the end of the series before it was (Cancelled?;stopped) in China. There was 5 volumes drew by a fan that were a number of years later, but they are terrible. However, at the time there was 5 volumes created by a different publishing company in China to continue Zeroverse after it was cancelled. (I'm currently in the process of cleaning these myself) Having said all that, Marb is creating his own, final, sequel of one last volume to finish the story off. It might be released sometime in 2017 since it will take a lot longer to find artists etc.

Who is Marb?
The man who restores the manga, you can find his page by searching dragon ball Zeroverse on Facebook. Actually if you scroll up he's on here under M4rb.
And he's got a great imagination and is a good story teller?