Fanmanga - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Olympian
Regular

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Olympian » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:47 pm

My take is the same. Two products that go into different directions regarding the character and both fun, awesome and good.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 pm

Seems like a new chapter is out today:

http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/432/
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 am

Awesome chapter. The villains still have their pride, well except one it seems (Kold? what you thinking?) And Goku gets a little meta, admitting his faults, that was a surprise. Good monologue.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm

There is surprisingly well done action in this fan manga.

I ended up reading it all in a single day. :D
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:34 pm

Hmm strange so it seems he didn't get his recruits. How long do they have before they fight him for real I forget? I guess Goku will need some of those remaining 6 years to get SS3
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Well, according to the author, he wants to aim for "4 volumes" and this is technically the third.

I wonder how he'll tie everything up in that amount of time... since I believe he mentioned he also wanted to do a couple of things with Vegeta and Bulma.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Thu May 10, 2018 12:47 pm

GamerSkull wrote:Well, according to the author, he wants to aim for "4 volumes" and this is technically the third.

I wonder how he'll tie everything up in that amount of time... since I believe he mentioned he also wanted to do a couple of things with Vegeta and Bulma.
If he decides to extend it another volume or two (or more, if need be) to finish up the story right, I'm all for it. I enjoy Elsewhere a lot: I really appreciate the thought he puts into the series, in addition to the great writing and art. Ha, I'm already itching for more pages, but RMK can take all the time he needs.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon May 21, 2018 10:21 pm

This was posted at the Elsewhere Page on Facebook.

Long time, no update.

I've gotten a lot of messages the past few weeks asking about Chapter 29 and updates. Some have been kind; others have been angry and demanding. Either way, I thought I'd try to clear some things up.

The truth is, the past 2 months has hit me really hard both personally and professionally. I won't go into details, but life was just one major hit after another and it snowballed as things kept blowing up in my face. I did not respond well and I sank into another deep depression. I didn't get much work done in any area, let alone Elsewhere.

But, I'm back on top of things and moving forward again. Chapter 29 is about halfway done and I'm hoping to finish by the end of the month.Thanks to everyone who remembers that there's a human being on the other side of this webcomic.
So hopefully it comes in at the end of the month.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed May 23, 2018 7:28 pm

I just started reading this and really enjoyed it. It definitely gets better as it goes on. Of course it's fanboyish for Yamcha, but that's sort of the point, and anyone with complaints about that can just imagine that it's all a dream at the end.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 am

FoolsGil wrote:This was posted at the Elsewhere Page on Facebook.

Long time, no update.

I've gotten a lot of messages the past few weeks asking about Chapter 29 and updates. Some have been kind; others have been angry and demanding. Either way, I thought I'd try to clear some things up.

The truth is, the past 2 months has hit me really hard both personally and professionally. I won't go into details, but life was just one major hit after another and it snowballed as things kept blowing up in my face. I did not respond well and I sank into another deep depression. I didn't get much work done in any area, let alone Elsewhere.

But, I'm back on top of things and moving forward again. Chapter 29 is about halfway done and I'm hoping to finish by the end of the month.Thanks to everyone who remembers that there's a human being on the other side of this webcomic.
So hopefully it comes in at the end of the month.
Poor guy :'( I hope he's feeling better, that's what's most important. Excited to hear we may be getting new Elsewhere fairly soon!
Regarder wrote:I just started reading this and really enjoyed it. It definitely gets better as it goes on. Of course it's fanboyish for Yamcha, but that's sort of the point, and anyone with complaints about that can just imagine that it's all a dream at the end.
Hahahaha, well, I always feel RMK walks the line, you know? There are moments where it's THIS close into veering into fanboyish territory, but RMK's a smart guy and covers his bases well. For example, Yamcha musing in Chapter 4 that he might have gotten stronger than Tenshinhan after training may seem like a stretch for some, but RMK never confirms it; all we know for sure is that Anshin-powered Yamcha is stronger than Tenshinhan.

I am wondering if RMK will reveal why Bulma thinks Yamcha cheated on her when he claims to have never cheated on anyone. Seems there's a story there...

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 am

Wasn't Bulma just inherently paranoid about that? I seem to remember some stuff during Dragonball, but it might have been filler (or my imagination).

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 am

Update Last Night - http://dbzelsewhere.webcomic.ws/comics/449/
Gokitalo wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
I am wondering if RMK will reveal why Bulma thinks Yamcha cheated on her when he claims to have never cheated on anyone. Seems there's a story there...
Probably miscommunication when one of them said "lets take a break." A really vague term.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm

It's possible. I still kind of suspect Yamcha's insistence about not cheating is foreshadowing for a more complete explanation, but we'll see...

Just read the new chapter and it's great! Going to make a little spoiler space below:

[spoiler]Of course, the big revelation here is that there are "divine" versions of then four martial arts styles in the series. Very clever surprise! I like the choice of animals, which I've just found out are the four creatures of myth in Chinese constellation, I believe? Very impressive how RMK tied it into both real-world mythology and the existing martial arts styles in Elsewhere.[/spoiler]

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm

New chapter up and it's pretty perfect:
http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/465/ (starts here)

Goku vs. Heiwa and I'd say its probably the most beautifully drawn portion of the saga yet. The fight's 100% clear and full with clever twists and references to the series. We now finally know what was Goku's likely inspiration for the

The ending is a pretty big surprise... not sure how the character in question's getting out of that one!

ImperialWrath

Post by ImperialWrath » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Gokitalo wrote:New chapter up and it's pretty perfect:
http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/465/ (starts here)

Goku vs. Heiwa and I'd say its probably the most beautifully drawn portion of the saga yet. The fight's 100% clear and full with clever twists and references to the series. We now finally know what was Goku's likely inspiration for the

The ending is a pretty big surprise... not sure how the character in question's getting out of that one!
I agree, this is arguably the best illustration he's done in the series yet. And I'd say RMK has done an excellent job in portraying the level of strength that Heiwa is at, and establishing him as a legit bonafide threat.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:20 pm

...Okay, now we're officially in trouble. Can the Dragonballs bring back someone who no longer exists?

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:16 pm

FoolsGil wrote:...Okay, now we're officially in trouble. Can the Dragonballs bring back someone who no longer exists?
(Elsewhere spoilers below!)

You know, I'm not sure Goku's ceased to exist yet... his body has changed into that VERY familiar state, but his spirit might still be in there, as Yamcha speculated. Either way, this could lead Yamcha's friends on Earth to go Dragon Ball hunting (and maybe Yamcha himself, once he's returned)...

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokitalo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm

It has arrived! The conclusion to Book 3 of Elsewhere!
http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/481/

Will wait for a few people to read it before commenting, but it's a fun one! ;)

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm

Gokitalo wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm It has arrived! The conclusion to Book 3 of Elsewhere!
http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/481/

Will wait for a few people to read it before commenting, but it's a fun one! ;)
So Heiwa actually took some serious damage there, I'm impressed RMK didn't just have him totally unaffected by Goku's attacks. Also that moment between Cold and the muscle guy was a wonderful subversion of expectations, Toriyama style. I think that's the only time I've ever genuinely laughed at a Dragon Ball gag, fan manga or otherwise.

It's a pity we'll have to wait until April next year for the next installment, but I appreciate the fact RMK has other commitments at the moment. I'm eagerly awaiting the next release :D
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 pm

The Olympian Gauntlet: If that ain't Toriyama-esque, I don't know what is. :lol:

And so the hiatus begins. April 1st 2020. Damn shame, but you do what you need to, not what you want to. Can't wait for the next installment.