Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by MaxZ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:20 pm

I liked Jaiyan's videos, it's too bad he decided to nuke everything

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 pm

simtek34 wrote:Hey Danny/ Geekdom. There was a FUnImation cable channel, but it shut down in January 2016. That's what Harry meant. And, if you do a 2017 predictions contest, instead of 3 days, give a smaller time limit like one day so there are less emails.

Back on topic, my favorites are for analysis /breakdowns: Geekdom, Rhymestyle, Quaaman, Blackenfist, Gaffer Tape/MistareFusion, MasakoX, Super Jaiyan, and Hail Zeon.

For Gaming, Rhymestyle (I count him as both), jDantastic, Kaggy, Thundershot69, SeeReax, Afrosenju, and Nanogenix

UnrealEntGaming is okay in my opinion, not my favorite
I learned about this recently myself. Sadly its gone haha.

As far as predictions, its gonna be hard man. I'm STILL working my way through mail. Thanks for the kind words.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:21 pm

MaxZ wrote:I liked Jaiyan's videos, it's too bad he decided to nuke everything
Agreed, his early breakdowns were really fun.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Geekdom101 wrote: Agreed, his early breakdowns were really fun.
Do you know how he's doing? I'm hoping he's doing well for himself.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 am

Bansho64 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote: Agreed, his early breakdowns were really fun.
Do you know how he's doing? I'm hoping he's doing well for himself.
He's fine.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Rhymestyle is my second favorite dragon ball gaming channel. Seereax is my favorite, that man's editing is something special.

Still waiting for Geekdom101 to make a video on Freeza obviously being a male

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:38 am

Gog wrote:Rhymestyle is my second favorite dragon ball gaming channel. Seereax is my favorite, that man's editing is something special.

do I have to!?

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Geekdom101 wrote: do I have to!?
You probably should have if Linda Young was still voicing Freeza :P
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Gog wrote:Rhymestyle is my second favorite dragon ball gaming channel. Seereax is my favorite, that man's editing is something special.

do I have to!?
you must

:D

Kerunou

Post by Kerunou » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:03 pm

The only one I really watch is MasakoX and the only reason I got into that was due to his involvement with TFS. I've never really paid special attention to any of the others but I'd be interested in maybe giving a couple of them a shot. Masako is just cool to watch because he proposes some interesting topics of discussion and brings up a lot of points that I can usually get on board with or at least think about.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:36 am

Does anyone know what happened to Qaaman? He hasn't uploaded in two weeks, and I'm kinda worried. Hope he's doing well, especially after that horrific car accident he was in.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:04 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Qaaman? He hasn't uploaded in two weeks, and I'm kinda worried. Hope he's doing well, especially after that horrific car accident he was in.
Depression is a bitch. He spoke about it in his latest video.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 pm

I really enjoy visual content, but I wish the Dragon Ball community on Youtube would step it up. These are my main issues...there are many:

-The majority of content seems to deal with unfounded rumors/fake leaks.
-Most videos are stream-of-consciousness rants/opinions. There is a general lack of effort, actual analysis, and production value.
-Many videos deal with "next arc" speculation, often with one or two bits of information to go off of. Some of these are focused around relentlessly criticizing the small bits of information we do have.
-Many content creators are uninformed/misinformed, use information exclusive to the English dub, and/or lack an understanding of the actual production process. Some of these users actively express disdain for "Japanese elitists".
-Many content creators steal or re-tell news from actual news sources (mainly Kanzenshuu).
-Too many strength discussions.
-Many of these content creators are indistinguishable from each other. "It's your boy ____". [unrelated Xenoverse gameplay]. "Clickbait Title!!!"
-This one might not be as fair, but I generally disagree with the opinions/reactions that I hear in most videos.
-When more popular channels speak about Dragon Ball, they people that they assign to the video are often fans that grew up with Dragon Ball but haven't looked further into it since then. I expect better research from these types of channels, and not just for Dragon Ball. If ScrewAttack can do it, so can you.
-Ridiculous fan animations. I don't even mind that most of the art is traced...I actually like the art, and often find the animations fairly impressive for a fan production. I just despise the stories, character designs, unfitting music and amateurish voice acting. Some of these are for-profit and certainly don't deserve to be. This goes for live action fan projects as well.
-That one otaku guy.

It may sound like my standards are a bit high, but I don't need everyone to have the same understanding of the series as the Kanzenshuu sitemasters. The Youtube channel Anime Vice focuses on anime generally, and while they're not Dragon Ball experts, their videos are thoughtful and reasonable. I even like hearing the casual DBZ Toonami dub fan give their first reactions to content in Super once in a while.

In my opinion, these are the best DB-related Youtube channels. In no particular order...

-Kanzenshuu: I've taken to listening to the podcasts here because I find Youtube a more reliable audio player than the one on the main site. This is a cop-out answer. I'll mention Kirbopher here, since most of his Dragon Ball content winds up on the Kanzenshuu podcast.

-TeamFourStar: Hilarious, well edited content, as well as thoughtful countdowns. Informed fans with a well-rounded appreciation for the series in English and Japanese. I enjoy their Xenoverse playthroughs as well.

-MistareFusion: In-depth analysis of the manga, in terms of plot, character development, the production side of things...you name it. Very few DB Youtubers even touch on the manga, and nobody else puts in a fraction of the time thinking and planning these discussions (again, aside from Kanzenshuu). He picks up things I didn't notice or took for granted in almost every chapter.

-Ajay: A channel mainly dealing with the animation of Dragon Ball Super. He shows an in-depth understanding of the production process, as well as the styles of different animators. I learn something new every time I watch one of his videos, and nobody else is really producing content like this. While some of his opinions aren't shared by a majority of the community, he is not usually obnoxious about expressing them.

Honorable mentions:

-Counter656: Produces stop-motion animations with action figures. They're not all Dragon Ball related, but the ones that are are spectacularly entertaining.

-Geekdom101: I think Geekdom is good for the Dragon Ball Youtube community. He is able to reach passionate fans of Dragon Ball who don't really relate to the Kanzenshuu community (for various reasons), and provides them with accurate information. Sometimes, even Kanzenshuu heads chime in! His style and content isn't really for me, but I check in with his channel every once in a while.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:15 am

batistabus wrote:I really enjoy visual content, but I wish the Dragon Ball community on Youtube would step it up. These are my main issues...there are many:

-The majority of content seems to deal with unfounded rumors/fake leaks.
-Most videos are stream-of-consciousness rants/opinions. There is a general lack of effort, actual analysis, and production value.
-Many videos deal with "next arc" speculation, often with one or two bits of information to go off of. Some of these are focused around relentlessly criticizing the small bits of information we do have.
-Many content creators are uninformed/misinformed, use information exclusive to the English dub, and/or lack an understanding of the actual production process. Some of these users actively express disdain for "Japanese elitists".
-Many content creators steal or re-tell news from actual news sources (mainly Kanzenshuu).
-Too many strength discussions.
-Many of these content creators are indistinguishable from each other. "It's your boy ____". [unrelated Xenoverse gameplay]. "Clickbait Title!!!"
-This one might not be as fair, but I generally disagree with the opinions/reactions that I hear in most videos.
-When more popular channels speak about Dragon Ball, they people that they assign to the video are often fans that grew up with Dragon Ball but haven't looked further into it since then. I expect better research from these types of channels, and not just for Dragon Ball. If ScrewAttack can do it, so can you.
-Ridiculous fan animations. I don't even mind that most of the art is traced...I actually like the art, and often find the animations fairly impressive for a fan production. I just despise the stories, character designs, unfitting music and amateurish voice acting. Some of these are for-profit and certainly don't deserve to be. This goes for live action fan projects as well.
-That one otaku guy.
Boy did you hit the nail on the head.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Rhymestyle had a Kanzenshuu account once, didn't he? Perhaps you could convince him to log back in on your next collaboration video with him, Geekdom. :wink:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

I've got a great idea for a new video Geekdom! Daizenshuu vs Chozenshuu. The differences, similarities and which you recommend.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:08 am

Everybody seems to be ignoring Lord Frieza himself, the greatest dragon ball YouTube-er, on account of being the real deal 8) also from what i've seen his stuff is pretty damn funny. Its also Lord Frieza himself, in the flesh, on YouTube.
What more could you want
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYkQg ... PJIPONyvsQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Gog wrote:Everybody seems to be ignoring Lord Frieza himself, the greatest dragon ball YouTube-er, on account of being the real deal 8) also from what i've seen his stuff is pretty damn funny. Its also Lord Frieza himself, in the flesh, on YouTube.
What more could you want
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzYkQg ... PJIPONyvsQ
Hey Mark!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm loving geekdom101 recent thumbnail https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zusyTcZFuVU is so hilarious that man has a great sense of humor
Mostly active on discord.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:46 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Qaaman? He hasn't uploaded in two weeks, and I'm kinda worried. Hope he's doing well, especially after that horrific car accident he was in.
WHAT??!!!. Oh shit i didn't knew any of this, i hope he's allright.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote: