Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by neolux » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Guys, this is ridiculous... how come one guy started all this mess? The solution now is to just ignore this and move on. You won't change Scorpio Kardia's opinion no matter what you say. Again, it's his opinion and we shouln't be wasting time.

And no matter what he says, there is nothing he can do to change the situation with some DBtubers (I'm not putting all of them in the same bag)

Scorpio Kardia: You just have to deal with it or ignore it because these channels will continue to grow and spread, no matter if you write 1000 paragraph complaining about it. It doesn't matter how hard and I quote: "you wish that Youtube bans Dragon Ball Youtubers for spreading misinformation" that won't probably happen.

Yes, I know that you know that you are no expecting this to change, just by writing paragraphs and complaining. I'm just saying that It won't change no matter what you write so you should relax...

Btw, this will be my first and last response to this topic. Have a nice day.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:, that's just ignorant.

Geekdom is not about the money. You're mistaking him for those other greedy YouTubers like... y'know, the kind who trace original animations without giving credit.
If you say so, I think if one feels the need to go on twitter to seek validation from his subscribers while at the same time saying that the opinion of a person that you are trying to "internet shame" doesn't matter while pretending to be all righteous (on this forum) says a lot about an individual, and it also shows how sensitive and insecure they really are about what they do. I think it's hilarious and sad at the same time, and it doesn't help make the case that Dragon Ball YouTubers are all great, on the contrary. :lol:

Anyway I assume you're talking about MASTARMedia now, yeah I think tracing sucks as well lol. But like I said let's not talk about specific YouTubers anymore I rather not be quoted on twitter again :roll: , I think we can all agree at the very least that there's a lot of abuse in the YouTube Dragon Ball community, and at the end of the day that's good enough for me to agree with.
Its a public forum. I don't seek validation nor do I have shame, I'm just showing people the backwards mentality that some people have.

I still haven't seen a response to the false Rhymestyle info from earlier. You sidestepped that one nice.

Anyways, I'm done here. This is going nowhere. This thread is supposed to be about the good and bad YTers and instead its become a debate about whether or not they should exist. Well they're going to exist as long as the platform allows them to.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
rereboy wrote:Here are my thoughts:

Thinking logically, I think that the only thing that can be criticized about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general is when they use information/work without crediting the source.

Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing that can be legitimately criticized.
This is ridiculous. You're ridiculous
Why? Commentators and reviewers on TV, radio and online do exactly the same thing all the time. They talk about the work of others, give information about it, give their opinion, show portions of it, comment on other reviews, talk about interpretations, talk about the context of the work, try to offer information that the viewers might not know, and so on. And content-wise there are some good reviewers and commentators and there are some bad reviewers and commentators. How exactly are DB Youtubers different? They basically aren't. They literally are commentators and reviewers of Dragon Ball that try to entertain people by talking about Dragon Ball and that use youtube to do it. And like all the other reviewers and commentators, content-wise, there are some good DB youtubers and there are some bad DB youtubers. The only real difference is that youtubers are amateurs or self-employed while the other reviewers and commentators work for a magazine, a TV Show, for a website, a paper, a radio, and so on. From both a moral and legal point of view, the only thing wrong with it would be taking full credit for the work of others.

I mean, if you are going to try to insult someone at least add a valid argument to your point...
Scorpio Kardia wrote:
I hope for your sake, that you don't always feel the need to get the last comment on every single topic of discussion that you participate in. Being stubborn does not equate to being smarter than anyone else nor does it mean that you won a discussion, it just comes across as annoying.

But that's off-topic to summarize my view, and to avoid other misinterpreations (or getting select segments of my post posted on twitter so that a certain someone gets validation from people who will always agree with him, which is sad, and only further demonstrates my point). I wish that a lot of practices that exist in the Dragon Ball YouTube community disappear, and I hope that one day videos that boil down to spoiling the show, stealing information from other people and not credit them, using clickbait titles for attention, and so on become the minority and not the majority, and that the people who use these methods aren't rewarded for it. It's not going to happen but one can hope. If that makes the nemesis of the Dragon Ball YouTube Community or deserving of a twitter army rant, then I think you're giving me too much credit, and if you are going to say that my opinion doesn't matter then please at least be honest with yourself and don't give me more attention than what I apparently deserve. :wtf:

We don't need to go back and forth, over the choices of some Dragon Ball YouTubers, and get into a personal argument over a specific channel (especially because said channel will only end up retreating to it's own fanbase who again eat their words like gospel), I'm sorry that I did, if you want to discuss a specific YouTube channel with me feel free to PM me about it. Ultimately my views remain the same, and posting my comments on twitter in order to get "emotional" support from people who will always agree with you only further shows just how pointless this back and forth is.

Cheers.
You say that I'm confusing generalizations with facts, and when I respond to that with a brief answer about how I hope you are not talking seriously, you imply that I need to have the last comment simply because I responded to what you said? Well, that is a convenient argument that makes anyone who responds to you be in the "wrong" for just responding to you...

Your posts make less and less sense the more you respond and personally, I've rarely encountered a user in this forum that I enjoyed "meeting" less than you. I don't know what's up with you but, don't worry, I'll make sure to avoid you in the future, and not just with the last posts that I apparently "need" to make.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Its a public forum. I don't seek validation nor do I have shame, I'm just showing people the backwards mentality that some people have.
All you've done is go to your twitter feed select one random line from my multiple series of posts and say "Hey guys look at this miserable person who's disrespecting and is jealous of me". That shows how sad you really are, on one hand you go around saying you don't have time to deal with me, that I don't deserve your attention, and then you go on twitter taking one sentence of the countless posts I've made to make me seem like an asshole to your subscribers? That's beyond pathetic and sad, and it shows how insecure you are. Also I like how just as I said in my initial post all of your fanboys immediately came to your defense like the good little sheep that they are, without bothering (of course) to do some research of their own. Which again shows how dangerous YouTubers like you are, people swallow everything you say without thinking with their own head, and that's very dangerous.

If what you're taking out of this conversation is that I'm jealous of you, and that I somehow want your success like you seem to have implied multiple times. I'm afraid you are mistaken, you talk about an anime that you didn't create for a living on social media, that's not the epitome of greatness as far as I'm concerned.
Geekdom101 wrote:I still haven't seen a response to the false Rhymestyle info from earlier. You sidestepped that one nice.
Then like everything else that I wrote you are selecting what you want to read. I quoted and replied to all of your posts in this thread, even the ones that were nothing but personal insults.
rereboy wrote: Your posts make less and less sense the more you respond and personally, I've rarely encountered a user in this forum that I enjoyed "meeting" less than you. I don't know what's up with you but, don't worry, I'll make sure to avoid you in the future, and not just with the last posts that I apparently "need" to make.
I'm going to give you some advice, not related to the topic but just in general. The moment you decided to start quoting and presenting random arguments that don't match at all with what I said. I had more than one person in this forum sending me a private message and telling me not to waste my time talking to you, because it's pointless. I would like for you to think why that is for a second, and maybe consider the possibility that it's not because you are great at debating, nor because you are smarter than most of us.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Unfortunately, it seems my 'friendly' reminder fell on deaf ears.

I was browsing the replies since for examples to include in this post, but to be perfectly frank, the attitude/tone of replies in almost the entirety of the last ~5 pages are unacceptable. A number of you on both sides (and you should know who you are) are acting like children, being condescending, making gross generalizations, and resorting to personal insults when it starts to get under your skin.

These are not the type of conversations we want to promote here at Kanzenshuu, and we have better things to do than waste time babysitting them.

You are always expected to act like adults and treat each other with respect during discussions on the forum. That includes learning to properly accept criticism and remaining civil when responding to said critiques. With tact.

This is the final free warning for everyone in the thread. Continuing this behavior will result in Account Strikes being administered, which will add up to bans from the entirety of the website. I suggest re-reading the Forum Rules, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registering here, if you desire to remain a part of this community.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:13 pm

The facade should end, these mind-games don't really hide much of anything.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:31 pm

rereboy wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
rereboy wrote:Here are my thoughts:

Thinking logically, I think that the only thing that can be criticized about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general is when they use information/work without crediting the source.

Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing that can be legitimately criticized.
This is ridiculous. You're ridiculous
Why? Commentators and reviewers on TV, radio and online do exactly the same thing all the time. They talk about the work of others, give information about it, give their opinion, show portions of it, comment on other reviews, talk about interpretations, talk about the context of the work, try to offer information that the viewers might not know, and so on. And content-wise there are some good reviewers and commentators and there are some bad reviewers and commentators. How exactly are DB Youtubers different? They basically aren't. They literally are commentators and reviewers of Dragon Ball that try to entertain people by talking about Dragon Ball and that use youtube to do it. And like all the other reviewers and commentators, content-wise, there are some good DB youtubers and there are some bad DB youtubers. The only real difference is that youtubers are amateurs or self-employed while the other reviewers and commentators work for a magazine, a TV Show, for a website, a paper, a radio, and so on. From both a moral and legal point of view, the only thing wrong with it would be taking full credit for the work of others.

I mean, if you are going to try to insult someone at least add a valid argument to your point...
This argument doesn't make sense. Just because TV , radio, and online people do the same, does not make them exempt from critic . CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, all are subject to criticism and are constantly criticized for bias, fake news, etc.

You said the only thing that can be criticized is that they use info without crediting? I call BS on that. What about the clickbait titles that have nothing to do with the video at hand? What about the overly loud music that plays?

What about the ALL CAPS GOKU SURPASSES BEERUS, ZOMG WHIS IS STRONGER THAN SSB VEGITO?! Nonsense titles? What about thumbnails and titles designed to spoil people who don't actively follow show spoilers?

What about the lack of originality in a lot of youtubers, the lack of uniqueness. What about the constant jump cuts and errors people make? I watch DB and yet I still see recommended videos of spoilers, clickbait youtubers that I cannot permanently get rid of or block from watching! Why is there nothing "legitimately critisized " for DB youtubers? Everyone is subject to critic. The admin on this forum. The moderators, the staff. Every single one. Everyone has a flaw, everything has a weakness. People can critic Pewdiepie, DramaAlert, and other youtubers, but DB youtubers are exempt? What? Everyone is different and when you put out a piece of work: Whether it's gameplay, review, etc it will and should be criticized!

Geekdom101 wrote:

I still haven't seen a response to the false Rhymestyle info from earlier. You sidestepped that one nice.

Anyways, I'm done here. This is going nowhere. This thread is supposed to be about the good and bad YTers and instead its become a debate about whether or not they should exist. Well they're going to exist as long as the platform allows them to.
It's a public forum, and you got so angry to bring some dumb drama that everyone will probably forget in a year, onto twitter where people can praise you, criticize him. Why don't you handle your own battles and arguments yourself, instead of relying on other people? I don't understand why you'd feel the need to bring it onto another audience. I think this is just passive aggressiveness speak for " I want to embarrass you and show everyone how dumb your argument is" when you could just think, plan, and debate him yourself.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:08 pm

No one on YouTube makes any Dragon Ball content that even remotely interests me. I find it all pretty low effort or uninteresting.

It's not even a Dragon Ball problem. YouTube is pretty dry when it comes to high quality content for anything related to animation or comics.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 pm

RichardKing2 wrote: This argument doesn't make sense. Just because TV , radio, and online people do the same, does not make them exempt from critic . CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, all are subject to criticism and are constantly criticized for bias, fake news, etc.
We are completely free to criticize a specific guy on TV, radio, and online, for saying or doing a specific thing within job/activity. But just because that guy or a bunch of guys like him said or did that specific thing, it's not reasonable to lump all the guys with similar jobs/activities on TV, radio, and online as a whole, generalizing them all, and say or imply that they are basically the same.

DB Youtubers are no different, and yet that's what had been happening in this topic. People were starting to go overboard in their criticism/hate and were starting to just generalize, even after being told, repeatedly, how things worked and how everyone is different.
You said the only thing that can be criticized is that they use info without crediting? I call BS on that. What about the clickbait titles that have nothing to do with the video at hand? What about the overly loud music that plays?
What if someone enjoys their overly loud music? What about if someone enjoys their dramatic, clickbaity titles? The things you are talking about here are more related to preferences and opinions than anything else. A subjective criticism, if you will. However, the criticism I was talking about was more along the lines of objective, impartial criticism. In other words, I was talking about things that, objectively, do not fit at all with their activity. You see, reviewing, commenting, discussing, offering info, speculating, and so on, about a subject is certainly a valid job/activity, but using the work of others without crediting sources is plagiarism, which obviously doesn't fit with that valid job/activity because it's something else altogether.

So, in short, yes, you can criticize them according to your subjective preferences, but that's not the kind of criticism I was talking about. I was talking about legitimate, objective criticism, unrelated to variable, personal preferences.
What about the ALL CAPS GOKU SURPASSES BEERUS, ZOMG WHIS IS STRONGER THAN SSB VEGITO?! Nonsense titles? What about thumbnails and titles designed to spoil people who don't actively follow show spoilers?
That's still about preference and opinions. You might not like things like that, but others might enjoy it. I've noticed that in Japan, for example, spoilers are usually more common, with even anime previews and episode titles containing spoilers and it's generally accepted. It sucks when we don't get a choice about wether we want to see/read a spoiler but that doesn't change the fact that it's more related to preference than anything else.
What about the lack of originality in a lot of youtubers, the lack of uniqueness.
Still preference and opinions. Many people value how original and different someone is compared to everything else the most, while others might value other factors more.
What about the constant jump cuts and errors people make?
Now, that's much more like objective criticism. I concede that DB Youtubers can certainly and legitimately be objectively criticized for any actual errors and blunders that they make, like getting a date wrong, sharing the wrong info and so on, just like any guy on TV, radio, and online can.
I watch DB and yet I still see recommended videos of spoilers, clickbait youtubers that I cannot permanently get rid of or block from watching! Why is there nothing "legitimately critisized " for DB youtubers? Everyone is subject to critic. The admin on this forum. The moderators, the staff. Every single one. Everyone has a flaw, everything has a weakness. People can critic Pewdiepie, DramaAlert, and other youtubers, but DB youtubers are exempt? What? Everyone is different and when you put out a piece of work: Whether it's gameplay, review, etc it will and should be criticized!
Like I explained, there is a difference between subjective criticism and objective criticism.

It's one thing for you to state the things that you don't like and that another might not mind or even enjoy. And it's another to state the things that legitimately, objectively don't fit with their job/activity.

IMO, it's legitimately, objectively incoherent for DB Youtubers' activity to use work and info without crediting the sources because that's flat-out plagiarism. And, we can also say that they can be legitimately, objectively criticized when they make actual errors and blunders, like saying a date wrong or sharing the wrong info. But basically everything else is more about preferences or subjective criticism.

And the reason why I decided to point this out, was because people were going way too overboard with their criticism regarding DB Youtubers... Meaning that there was not only an implied generalization of them all, but there was also a sort of implied questioning of the validity of their activity... As such, I thought it was a good idea to point out how their activity is as valid as the jobs/activities of all the reviewers, commentators and such on TV, radio, and online, and also to point out that plagiarism is pretty much the one thing that can be hold up against them when they do it (since, as I've now further explained, everything else is more about preferences and opinions than objective criticism, except when they actually make errors).

I hope you now understand my point better. I concede I could have explained it better in my last posts.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 pm

I thought this was over!?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:I thought this was over!?
Well, as long as people are civil, it's cool. And I think RichardKing2 was civil, at least in his response to me. In fact, he made me realize that I could have explained my thoughts a lot better.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:32 pm

I just want this thread to go back to showcasing talented content creators vs whether or not they should exist. They exist, that's the end of it. I FEEL this thread should be used to talk about good videos and good creators.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:53 am

Geekdom101 wrote:I just want this thread to go back to showcasing talented content creators vs whether or not they should exist. They exist, that's the end of it. I FEEL this thread should be used to talk about good videos and good creators.
That sure would be convenient for you, wouldn't it? :lol:

Sorry to say, but a lot of people don't hold you guys in very high regard. I think there's definitely a point to be made when many "talented creators" are simply creating a less interactive version of the conversations we have already have here, and making money off of it, no less. Some might not find that such an honorable position for one to put themselves in.

That sounds mean, but I don't mean it that way at all. I want to see the Youtube community to evolve into something beyond what anyone can already do better and quicker on this forum. Ajay, and the animation guys in general, are a perfect example of this. It's all well and good to describe an animator's traits in text, but when you add actual examples of movement and an appropriately sexy English accent in the mix, it becomes real. Or I could point to someone like Gaffer Tape (a friend of yours if I remember right), who puts out these in-depth reviews that might not be done proper justice in text form. TFS's DB Abridged, while not my cup of tea, also falls into that category.

If there's any positivity to come from us with expectations, it'll be for an original style of content, which isn't easy to find. It may not be comfortable, but this isn't a "praise the Youtube creators whether they deserve it or not" thread. These are the opinions of the people; good, bad, and all.
Retired.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 am

Double post. My bad.
Last edited by Geekdom101 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I just want this thread to go back to showcasing talented content creators vs whether or not they should exist. They exist, that's the end of it. I FEEL this thread should be used to talk about good videos and good creators.
That sure would be convenient for you, wouldn't it? :lol:

Sorry to say, but a lot of people don't hold you guys in very high regard. I think there's definitely a point to be made when many "talented creators" are simply creating a less interactive version of the conversations we have already have here, and making money off of it, no less. Some might not find that such an honorable position for one to put themselves in.

That sounds mean, but I don't mean it that way at all. I want to see the Youtube community to evolve into something beyond what anyone can already do better and quicker on this forum. Ajay, and the animation guys in general, are a perfect example of this. It's all well and good to describe an animator's traits in text, but when you add actual examples of movement and an appropriately sexy English accent in the mix, it becomes real. Or I could point to someone like Gaffer Tape (a friend of yours if I remember right), who puts out these in-depth reviews that might not be done proper justice in text form. TFS's DB Abridged, while not my cup of tea, also falls into that category.

If there's any positivity to come from us with expectations, it'll be for an original style of content, which isn't easy to find. It may not be comfortable, but this isn't a "praise the Youtube creators whether they deserve it or not" thread. These are the opinions of the people; good, bad, and all.
No, its not "convenient" FOR ME because I already have an established audience that is growing daily. I don't need praise on a message board or validation. That's ridiculous. It's moreso for people whom I care for and respect, and, as expected, you named Lance, Ajay, and TFS, the three people (or entities) who ALWAYS get praised here... which has been pointed out by me several times. You should go back and read what I said earlier in the thread.

I'm not going to address the message board vs. Youtube thing because its been discussed to death already and quite frankly, I'm tired of explaining to people its 2017, not 2002.

Its not about praising or not praising, it should be about sharing people who you like (not me). Why discuss those who you don't?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Its not about praising or not praising, it should be about sharing people who you like (not me). Why discuss those who you don't?
To be fair, the thread is called "Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers", which means we can share what we think of those we like and those we don't. Certainly, we should avoid bashing those we don't like by offering constructive criticism, and likewise, we shouldn't claim the ones we do like are perfect, but nonetheless, it doesn't all have to be positive.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Its not about praising or not praising, it should be about sharing people who you like (not me). Why discuss those who you don't?
To be fair, the thread is called "Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers", which means we can share what we think of those we like and those we don't. Certainly, we should avoid bashing those we don't like by offering constructive criticism, and likewise, we shouldn't claim the ones we do like are perfect, but nonetheless, it doesn't all have to be positive.
I agree, but the thread's quickly devolving into something else. As Geekdom101 pointed out, discussing whether DB YouTubers should exist or not is completely unrelated to the thread and doesn't actually have to do anything with their content.

I guess I'll just have be the change and talk about some underrated DBtubers in the community. I feel MrNinjaStar is criminally underrated and has quality content. He actually has legitimate opinions about things instead of just uploading episode reviews and what-not.
And they're mostly pretty entertaining. Saiyan Theory is another channel that I feel deserves a bit more attention. The topics the guy's covered until now are pretty crap, but he seems like a big fan. I can definitely see his channel getting (relatively) big a few months down the line.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:04 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
Agreed completely. What I MEANT to say was that it shouldn't be about people wanting them to die off or anything. Some suck. Some are good. All subjective.

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:15 pm

As of late I feel less and less interested in Dragon Ball Youtubers. Maybe it's the misinformation, the clickbait... or both. Seriously, I could name you all the artists whose works are used for thumbnails at the back of my head :lol:

But this fiasco with the fake leaks really shows how misinformation can cause a sort of snowball effect where everyone is to call out on each other's bullshit.

Anyways the point of this thread:

UnrealEntGaming: I don't actually watch his stuff much, if at all. I'm too lazy to Unsubscribe :lol:

Rhymestyle: I watch some of his Dokkan and Xenoverse stuff.

WeeklyTubeShow: My god, this guy(s?) is hilarious.

TFS: Has been said enough in this thread.

Ajay: Seriously man, those animation roundups are some of the most entertaining and informative videos I've seen.

Dokkan Battle Subreddit: I guess they count? Their podcasts are pretty fun to listen to, as someone who plays Dokkan a bit too much.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:51 am

Nekis13 wrote: Dokkan Battle Subreddit: I guess they count? Their podcasts are pretty fun to listen to, as someone who plays Dokkan a bit too much.
They have a channel!? Link me if you don't mind