Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bansho64
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:08 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: Just because you choose to ignore my original posts and claim that I have no logical argument doesn't mean I don't have one. I have an issue with people milking Dragon Ball for content, often times not giving credit where credit is do, and I explained why. That's something that even the angriest Dragon Ball YouTuber can't ignore exists. If you prefer to make some moral judgement, and suggest that I am "hating" on YouTubers in general that's your own biased choice.
Stop playing the victim. You're backtracking and acting like some of your previous posts don't exist. Your problem you're acting like EVERY DB YouTuber does this crap. They don't! I and several others have given you several examples, one of which you've chosen to bash off of one game he plays and severely undermine the actual editing and work it takes you create the work that he does.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:11 am

Geekdom101 wrote: Insecure? Nah. You're just ignorant and I'm glad I'm not the only person pointing ut the salt and the jealousy coming from every post.
So because other people have disagreed with me and maybe agreed with you, my post is suddenly invalid and I'm not allowed to have a different view? Because there are other people who have shared even harsher views on Dragon Ball YouTubers than I did on this board, so I don't think that's a fair statement.
Geekdom101 wrote:That's okay if you think I produce trash, it really doesn't hurt me (specially since you've never seen any of my content nor knew who I was until today). MANY other people think that I don't produce trash, including people on this board, people who run this site, Viz, Crunchyroll, Funimation, Bandai, various voice actors, authors, MasakoX, and the list goes on.
So why do you feel the need to keep pointing that out to me? Ok there are people who like your "work" and what you do. That's great, I don't. I'm sure you're very grateful that said people allow you to make a living the way you do. I don't know what to say. If you aren't insecure about your work then why do you feel the need to mention other people like they have some authority on what's considered good or bad by an individual.
Geekdom101 wrote:So you LITERALLY don't matter. Best of luck not mattering.
For someone who literally doesn't matter you sure are giving me a lot of attention though.

You want to be mad for the sake of being mad, that's fine. But at least give me some time to quote your post and adress your point, you're making like multiple posts in a row, and I can't reply to you at the same time that I'm replying to someone else lol.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:14 am

Bansho64 wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote: Just because you choose to ignore my original posts and claim that I have no logical argument doesn't mean I don't have one. I have an issue with people milking Dragon Ball for content, often times not giving credit where credit is do, and I explained why. That's something that even the angriest Dragon Ball YouTuber can't ignore exists. If you prefer to make some moral judgement, and suggest that I am "hating" on YouTubers in general that's your own biased choice.
Stop playing the victim. You're backtracking and acting like some of your previous posts don't exist. Your problem you're acting like EVERY DB YouTuber does this crap. They don't! I and several others have given you several examples, one of which you've chosen to bash off of one game he plays and severely undermine the actual editing and work it takes you create the work that he does.
I'm not playing the victim, if anything I'm being quoted saying things that I didn't say. I never said "all" and that's just how it is. As far as the other games that he plays, he isn't some expert player, his skills aren't unmatched. He mostly seems to be playing for fun with friends or on his own. If you find that entertaining or think that it requires a lot of work that's fine, I don't know what to tell you other than I don't.

Sorry for the double post.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:15 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: So because other people have disagreed with me and maybe agreed with you, my post is suddenly invalid and I'm not allowed to have a different view? Because there are other people who have shared even harsher views on Dragon Ball YouTubers than I did on this board, so I don't think that's a fair statement.

So why do you feel the need to keep pointing that out to me? Ok there are people who like your "work" and what you do. That's great, I don't. I'm sure you're very grateful that said people allow you to make a living the way you do. I don't know what to say. If you aren't insecure about your work then why do you feel the need to mention other people like they have some authority on what's considered good or bad by an individual.
Yes your argument IS invalid when your argument is from a place of ignorance and misinformation. You're crying about Youtubers spreading misinformation, but yet you're making assumptions on my content (which you have not watched, so saying its trash is a joke), my motives for DOING content, and you've literally just stated Rhymestyle started his channel to capitalize on DB when he didn't even cover DB for ages. That is factually incorrect.

Yes I make a living talking about an anime.

Here's a reality check: People make livings talking about things, like movies, tv, anime, video games, etc.

Too bad you can't. Your attempts to bring them down will fail. This ridiculous false sense of morality does not coincide with reality and how the real world works.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
If that's the case, UnrealENTGaming would destroy everybody in views.

And he doesn't.

I rushed my review that night because I had personal problems and I didn't do it this week. By the way, this GREEDY YOUTUBER WHO ONLY WANTS MONIEZ demonetized that video AND apologized for it.

I suggest people on this board stop making assumptions about things they don't know about. Seriously.
Sorry bro, I didn't mean to seem like I was attacking you. I saw that apology video and mad props for that.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:Sorry bro, I didn't mean to seem like I was attacking you. I saw that apology video and mad props for that.
Its cool. I just get very upset when people claim that I do this for cheap views and money. If that were the case, my channel wouldn't be my channel.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:28 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
So what? They "entertain" by exploiting a franchise and a lot of the times making clickbait videos, false speculations and other matters of the sort. As an individual I'm allowed to not like said practices.
You are allowed to not like the specific Youtubers that do that, but once you start to generalize them all and attack the activity itself you are just being unreasonable.

And many Youtubers don't, including many Dragon Ball YouTubers. If you think that stealing an image from a website using a title in all caps to call attention to your video, and stealing information from people who share information for free involves a lot of work then I don't know what to tell you, and that is in fact what a lot of Dragon Ball YouTubers do.
To give you an example, I also think that plenty of comedians are not funny and that their jokes are stolen or derivative. Should I generalize all comedians? Attack the activity of comedy itself? Talk about comedians like only the ones I don't like exist?
Just because you choose to ignore my original posts and claim that I have no logical argument doesn't mean I don't have one. I have an issue with people milking Dragon Ball for content, often times not giving credit where credit is do, and I explained why. That's something that even the angriest Dragon Ball YouTuber can't ignore exists. If you prefer to make some moral judgement, and suggest that I am "hating" on YouTubers in general that's your own biased choice.
I never ignored it since I never generalized them all.
Last edited by rereboy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Yes your argument IS invalid when your argument is from a place of ignorance and misinformation. You're crying about Youtubers spreading misinformation, but yet you're making assumptions on my content (which you have not watched, so saying its trash is a joke), my motives for DOING content, and you've literally just stated Rhymestyle started his channel to capitalize on DB when he didn't even cover DB for ages. That is factually incorrect.
I'm not making assumptions. I already told you I checked your channel, I think "Top 5 best Piccolo battles!" "Universe 3 Fighters revealed" "Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 spoilers confirmed" equate to content that should not be monetized, clearly you are lucky enough that YouTube doesn't. Especially considering you take a profit from the research and translations that other people did for free.
Geekdom101 wrote:Too bad you can't. Your attempts to bring them down will fail. This ridiculous false sense of morality does not coincide with reality and how the real world works.
What I would like to see taken down is all the fake titles, the clickbait videos, and people who take advantage of other people's work. I would like to see merit being given to people who actually deserve it, and it's not. I'm well aware that's just how things work, which again goes back to my first point on how videos talking about the animators of Dragon Ball super will never match the popularity of spoiling Dragon Ball Super episodes, using clickbait thumbnails, and spreading lies. That is the sad reality, and while I know it probably won't change it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to share my views on the matter.

And yes I do think channels like Rhymestyle and yours are part of the problem. For some reason you decided to interpret that as me saying "YouTubers" should all burn to the ground. That's fine.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:39 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Yes your argument IS invalid when your argument is from a place of ignorance and misinformation. You're crying about Youtubers spreading misinformation, but yet you're making assumptions on my content (which you have not watched, so saying its trash is a joke), my motives for DOING content, and you've literally just stated Rhymestyle started his channel to capitalize on DB when he didn't even cover DB for ages. That is factually incorrect.
I'm not making assumptions. I already told you I checked your channel, I think "Top 5 best Piccolo battles!" "Universe 3 Fighters revealed" "Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 spoilers confirmed" equate to content that should not be monetized, clearly you are lucky enough that YouTube doesn't. Especially considering you take a profit from the research and translations that other people did for free.
Geekdom101 wrote:Too bad you can't. Your attempts to bring them down will fail. This ridiculous false sense of morality does not coincide with reality and how the real world works.
What I would like to see taken down is all the fake titles, the clickbait videos, and people who take advantage of other people's work. I would like to see merit being given to people who actually deserve it, and it's not. I'm well aware that's just how things work, which again goes back to my first point on how videos talking about the animators of Dragon Ball super will never match the popularity of spoiling Dragon Ball Super episodes, using clickbait thumbnails, and spreading lies. That is the sad reality, and while I know it probably won't change it doesn't mean I'm not allowed to share my views on the matter.

And yes I do think channels like Rhymestyle and yours are part of the problem. For some reason you decided to interpret that as me saying "YouTubers" should all burn to the ground. That's fine.
No its because you spread misinformation and lies and salt. You took one look at my channel, didn't bother to click on a single video, and just assumed I was a filthy selfish clickbaiter AND NOW you're claiming that I dont do any research? That's 100% proof you know literally nothing about me. This isnt personal, trust me, this is me just showing how utterly ridiculous you sound in your baseless arguments.

So you saying my content is trash is equivalent of me reading a track list for an album and saying it sucks based on song titles: ITS STUPID!

I like how I've pointed out twice that you were wrong about Rhymestyle and his motives (as well as other things) and yet you haven't addressed that at all.

ok dude.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:48 am

rereboy wrote: You are allowed to not like the specific Youtubers that do that, but once you start to generalize them all and attack the activity itself you are just being unreasonable.
Except I didn't do that. Not once did I put them all in the same bag, the reality that I discussed outweights the minority of Dragon Ball YouTube channels who don't use the tactics that I mentioned for views. There seems to be this "witch hunt" mentality because I mentioned I did not like two specific YouTube channels, and people who are fans of said channels are now quoting me as saying YouTubers in general should disappear.

I even went as far as to check "Geekdom101's channel", I don't have to literally watch every video of is to reach the conclusion that I don't like his content, and that he practices some of the things that I don't like.
rereboy wrote:To give you an example, I also think that plenty of comedians are not funny and that their jokes are stolen or derivative. Should I generalize all comedians? Attack the activity of comedy itself? Talk about comedians like only the ones I don't like exist?
Your example doesn't apply in this situation though. Because again I never stated that YouTubers should all disappear that's just something that was thrown around, nor is it a matter if I find some good or bad, and automatically discard the ones that are good because of the few that are bad. It's a matter of me denouncing practices that are common on YouTube, and someone taking an issue with what I said and quoting me incorrectly. I was always careful to say "some".

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 am

Geekdom101 wrote: No its because you spread misinformation and lies and salt. You took one look at my channel, didn't bother to click on a single video, and just assumed I was a filthy selfish clickbaiter AND NOW you're claiming that I dont do any research? That's 100% proof you know literally nothing about me. This isnt personal, trust me, this is me just showing how utterly ridiculous you sound in your baseless arguments.
What salt and what lies? How do you obtain your information related to Dragon Ball? Is it not like most people on this forum? Do you not use Herms twitter, you even say so on your videos. Do you not directly take information that you find on other websites and forums and then make a video about it and monetize it? Is that not accurate? You give your opinion on the matter sure, but ultimately you are still taking information that you found somewhere else, your research work comes down to that. You are not doing the translations yourself, gathering all the correct information and making a video about it out of the kindness of your heart. You do it for a profit, sure you might like Dragon Ball, we all do, but you still do it for a profit.

I already said I checked your videos, do I need to go through them all to reach the conclusion that I don't like them and that you yourself practice some of the tactics that I despise? I don't think so. That is all.
So you saying my content is trash is equivalent of me reading a track list for an album and saying it sucks based on song titles: ITS STUPID!
You don't have to go through the entire album to realize you don't like the songs and that you think it's trash. That's what I did with your channel. So your point doesn't really apply.
Geekdom101 wrote: I like how I've pointed out twice that you were wrong about Rhymestyle and his motives (as well as other things) and yet you haven't addressed that at all.
So because you are a personal friend to Rhymestyle or something I'm supposed to take your word for it? Because you wouldn't be biased in defending your friend. Come on now.
Last edited by Scorpio Kardia on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
Except I didn't do that.
Right. So, you went out of your way to be specific, you didn't talk about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general at all during your comments? Gotcha.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:04 pm

RedHeat wrote:This is comedy gold on both sides.
I think the comedy gold is your avatar.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:12 pm

rereboy wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:
Except I didn't do that.
Right. So, you went out of your way to be specific, you didn't talk about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general at all during your comments? Gotcha.
I think you're confusing the word generalizing with facts. If you thought I was generalizing then I don't think you're quite aware of what the situation of the Dragon Ball YouTube community is. But if you rather be facetious about it that's fine.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Here are my thoughts:

Thinking logically, I think that the only thing that can be criticized about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general is when they use information/work without crediting the source.

Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing that can be legitimately criticized.

Someone talking or presenting material that includes information/work that it's not theirs, as long as it's credited, is perfectly legitimate and falls under the entertainment field, just like any other type of commenter or critic or similar ativity. In fact, even if it was copyrighted material, it would still fall under fair use as long as it not reproduced fully.

Whether we personally enjoy their content or not is irrelevant as long as there are people who do and as long as they credit what they use.
Scorpio Kardia wrote:I think you're confusing the word generalizing with facts. If you thought I was generalizing then I don't think you're quite aware of what the situation of the Dragon Ball YouTube community is. But if you rather be facetious about it that's fine.
I hope, for your sake, that this post isn't actually a serious one. I refuse to believe that you don't understand the difference between facts and generalizations.
Last edited by rereboy on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
I hope for your sake, that this post isn't actually a serious one. I refuse to believe that you don't understand the difference between facts and generalizations.
I hope for your sake, that you don't always feel the need to get the last comment on every single topic of discussion that you participate in. Being stubborn does not equate to being smarter than anyone else nor does it mean that you won a discussion, it just comes across as annoying.

But that's off-topic to summarize my view, and to avoid other misinterpreations (or getting select segments of my post posted on twitter so that a certain someone gets validation from people who will always agree with him, which is sad, and only further demonstrates my point). I wish that a lot of practices that exist in the Dragon Ball YouTube community disappear, and I hope that one day videos that boil down to spoiling the show, stealing information from other people and not credit them, using clickbait titles for attention, and so on become the minority and not the majority, and that the people who use these methods aren't rewarded for it. It's not going to happen but one can hope. If that makes the nemesis of the Dragon Ball YouTube Community or deserving of a twitter army rant, then I think you're giving me too much credit, and if you are going to say that my opinion doesn't matter then please at least be honest with yourself and don't give me more attention than what I apparently deserve. :wtf:

We don't need to go back and forth, over the choices of some Dragon Ball YouTubers, and get into a personal argument over a specific channel (especially because said channel will only end up retreating to it's own fanbase who again eat their words like gospel), I'm sorry that I did, if you want to discuss a specific YouTube channel with me feel free to PM me about it. Ultimately my views remain the same, and posting my comments on twitter in order to get "emotional" support from people who will always agree with you only further shows just how pointless this back and forth is.

Cheers.
Last edited by Scorpio Kardia on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:01 pm

rereboy wrote:Here are my thoughts:

Thinking logically, I think that the only thing that can be criticized about Dragon Ball Youtubers in general is when they use information/work without crediting the source.

Outside of that, there's absolutely nothing that can be legitimately criticized.
This is ridiculous. You're ridiculous

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Scorpio Kardia wrote: ... and posting my comments on twitter in order to get "emotional" support from people who will always agree with you only further shows just how pointless this back and forth is.
Wow, BigD. This is real dissing here. Just taking and then using his posts like that is low. Really low. I expect more from a married man in his 20s or 30s than this kind of youtube-ish or twitch-esque behaviour. I defended you a few minutes ago in a PM because I know that all people can be provoked but now I am embarassed that I did. What you are doing here is no longer being pissed or disagreeing. It is straight bullying. And no, how much of what he said might be right or wrong does not matter in the slightest. You went for a whole other level with this. Highschool Gang destroys single kid level.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:46 pm

Scorpio Kardia, I don't know man. All Geekdom is doing is spreading the facts and the correct information to a much, much wider audience than than this forum board.

And he has full permission from the people to use their translations, and even gives full credit to them. Heck, as he said, he's good friends with Herms, etc. and I don't think they'd mind even if he didn't give them credit, yet he still does give them full credit. I'm really, really grateful to him because I probably won't even get to know about Kanzenshuu if it wasn't for him spreading awareness about the site through his videos.

You're not completely in the wrong either, you're free to have your own likes and dislikes. If you find these forums sufficient, then it's completely fine to not watch his channel, and be apathetic to it. But actively attacking him and Rhymestyle without even knowing anything about their origins or content, that's just ignorant.

Geekdom is not about the money. You're mistaking him for those other greedy YouTubers like... y'know, the kind who trace original animations without giving credit.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Scorpio Kardia
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:, that's just ignorant.

Geekdom is not about the money. You're mistaking him for those other greedy YouTubers like... y'know, the kind who trace original animations without giving credit.
If you say so, I think if one feels the need to go on twitter to seek validation from his subscribers while at the same time saying that the opinion of a person that you are trying to "internet shame" doesn't matter while pretending to be all righteous (on this forum) says a lot about an individual, and it also shows how sensitive and insecure they really are about what they do. I think it's hilarious and sad at the same time, and it doesn't help make the case that Dragon Ball YouTubers are all great, on the contrary. :lol:

Anyway I assume you're talking about MASTARMedia now, yeah I think tracing sucks as well lol. But like I said let's not talk about specific YouTubers anymore I rather not be quoted on twitter again :roll: , I think we can all agree at the very least that there's a lot of abuse in the YouTube Dragon Ball community, and at the end of the day that's good enough for me to agree with.