Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 pm

MasakoX is my favourite DB YouTuber. He jokes around, but not too much, he tries to stay positive, but also stays honest about things, and he's one of the very few people who are willing to say good things about GT. (As unpopular an opinion as it is, I do enjoy GT, and I often get tired of seeing it slammed everywhere)

I do very much enjoy Geekdom, but I find Masako's videos are more my thing that Geedom's videos are. It's basically just my personal taste favouring Masako's style of videos. Having said that, I really love Geekdom's interviews and Lost In Translation videos. :D
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TheMohawkAndroid

Post by TheMohawkAndroid » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:14 pm

MasakoX and Jaxblade are the two the I watch most often. Blackenfist is who I started off watching...I don't really have any strong opinions about them. I guess I'd rather party with Jaxblade

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I still dislike how Geekdom rushes his videos just to be first. His Super reviews are bad because of it, the thing is licensed now for simulcast now just wait an hour for the damn subs, Herms picks and choses what he tweets out and has been wrong before and this then spreads when he does his reviews. Then his badkpeddling on the Hit arc announcement video, not talking about the sarcastic quip he made but the fact he changed the entire video since Herms said no arc was actually confirmed, while I do appreciate that a lot but it shouldn't have happened in the first place all becuase he jumped the gun and didn't take his own advice on waiting for Herms.

His channel (well the Super side of it) has potential but he needs to stop rushing things, I do enjoy his NEP breakdowns a lot and the random quidkies he does aswell the interviews just the Super side he needs to take things slower.
Thanks for your fair opinion. About the Hit thing, it had nothing to do with Herms at all. It had to do with something private I can't really talk about. I don't rush my shit out that much, but I did OVER rush it recently. This is something I'll work on.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:49 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I still dislike how Geekdom rushes his videos just to be first. His Super reviews are bad because of it, the thing is licensed now for simulcast now just wait an hour for the damn subs, Herms picks and choses what he tweets out and has been wrong before and this then spreads when he does his reviews. Then his badkpeddling on the Hit arc announcement video, not talking about the sarcastic quip he made but the fact he changed the entire video since Herms said no arc was actually confirmed, while I do appreciate that a lot but it shouldn't have happened in the first place all becuase he jumped the gun and didn't take his own advice on waiting for Herms.

His channel (well the Super side of it) has potential but he needs to stop rushing things, I do enjoy his NEP breakdowns a lot and the random quidkies he does aswell the interviews just the Super side he needs to take things slower.
Thanks for your fair opinion. About the Hit thing, it had nothing to do with Herms at all. It had to do with something private I can't really talk about. I don't rush my shit out that much, but I did OVER rush it recently. This is something I'll work on.
Ah okay fair enough.
And regarding the rushing that I said, take your NEP breakdowns they are perfectly timed they are uploaded on the next day not much complaints there from me but I feel like your main reviews should be too and it'll allow the episode to sink aswell. Ultimately your channel I don't know the analytics etc but just thought I'd throw my two cents.

Or perhaps maybe have a proper in depth review later in the week as well (obviously not for these episodes but for when important episodes the next arc starts) sort of like how you had all the videos of #66 during the week (except maybe make it one big video).

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 pm

Mugiwalarge. First person outside of Japan to legally upload Kikuchi BGMs. Also, Team Four Star is cool
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Ah okay fair enough.
And regarding the rushing that I said, take your NEP breakdowns they are perfectly timed they are uploaded on the next day not much complaints there from me but I feel like your main reviews should be too and it'll allow the episode to sink aswell. Ultimately your channel I don't know the analytics etc but just thought I'd throw my two cents.

Or perhaps maybe have a proper in depth review later in the week as well (obviously not for these episodes but for when important episodes the next arc starts) sort of like how you had all the videos of #66 during the week (except maybe make it one big video).
I thought about this but I didn't wanna spam.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:19 pm

You guys are all sleeping on SEEREAX! Dude has highly creative videos. He brings a style that others simply don't. I'll admit he's been doing too much xenoverse lately imo but he even has two creative series involving that. One where he shows a character's attack in the game and then shows the exact scene in the anime where it's inspired from. This includes throws and other non-beam attacks. The other is where he basically made a cell games based off of xenoverse. Great stuff.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:53 pm

kinisking wrote:You guys are all sleeping on SEEREAX! Dude has highly creative videos. He brings a style that others simply don't. I'll admit he's been doing too much xenoverse lately imo but he even has two creative series involving that. One where he shows a character's attack in the game and then shows the exact scene in the anime where it's inspired from. This includes throws and other non-beam attacks. The other is where he basically made a cell games based off of xenoverse. Great stuff.
I knew i couldn't be the only one, hell he even made a video of himself talking with Vegeta about Bra and stuff (hilarious)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Yalos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yalos » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:17 am

TFS, MasakoX and ExpuarGames.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:08 am

SeeReax is awesome. The dude deserves way more subscribers. I've been following his content since his AMVs and he's a super cool guy.

MrDawn

Post by MrDawn » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:34 pm

I used to watch ExperGamez, but his video titles had too much spoilers on the new DBS episodes, so I unsubed to his Channel... :problem:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Well, I was searching YouTube for some Dragon Ball vids yesterday and I came across this. The video's basically a rant on Gohan's character and the user's opinions on it. The guy's channel is called "TeenGohanFighter". He also did a video response to SuperJayain's video about sub and dub fans.

Overall, I'm really not a fan of his vids. I could hardly sit through 5 minutes of either video. Anybody else heard of this guy?

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:24 am

Bansho64 wrote:Well, I was searching YouTube for some Dragon Ball vids yesterday and I came across this. The video's basically a rant on Gohan's character and the user's opinions on it. The guy's channel is called "TeenGohanFighter". He also did a video response to SuperJayain's video about sub and dub fans.

Overall, I'm really not a fan of his vids. I could hardly sit through 5 minutes of either video. Anybody else heard of this guy?
I commented on his sub and dub video. I don't know him at all but somebody commented he may have some kind of mental illness (seriously not a joke). I don't know if its true. He seems very passionate, which we all are to a degree. I don't know anything about him other than a small interaction between he and Super Jayain.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:46 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Well, I was searching YouTube for some Dragon Ball vids yesterday and I came across this. The video's basically a rant on Gohan's character and the user's opinions on it. The guy's channel is called "TeenGohanFighter". He also did a video response to SuperJayain's video about sub and dub fans.

I commented on his sub and dub video. I don't know him at all but somebody commented he may have some kind of mental illness (seriously not a joke). I don't know if its true. He seems very passionate, which we all are to a degree. I don't know anything about him other than a small interaction between he and Super Jayain.
Hey Geekdom, do you know what happened to Super Jayain? I saw that his channel and twitter no longer exist. As someone who lives in Australia, it was great having another Aussie representing us in the DBtuber community (Gabby's great too, but the more the merrier). I hope everything's ok on his end.

Btw, I love your content. Thank you for uploading consistently high quality and informative videos on a daily basis, they bring me much entertainment. Keep up the awesome work.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:18 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

Hey Geekdom, do you know what happened to Super Jayain? I saw that his channel and twitter no longer exist. As someone who lives in Australia, it was great having another Aussie representing us in the DBtuber community (Gabby's great too, but the more the merrier). I hope everything's ok on his end.

Btw, I love your content. Thank you for uploading consistently high quality and informative videos on a daily basis, they bring me much entertainment. Keep up the awesome work.
Thanks.

As far as Jay goes, I'm not REALLY sure what happened in detail. He was kind of becoming a bit over-aggressive on twitter in my view, so him deleting his twitter was good in my opinion. However, him nuking his Youtube like the OmniKing was unexpected. He told me he was becoming more and more irritated with the fandom (feeling was mutual from a lot of people). He only spoke with two people and he didn't really have the passion in him to continue. He also got a raise at his job and a girlfriend now... so.. yeah. I wouldn't have deleted my entire channel but Jay tends to do things without really over-thinking it.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:As far as Jay goes, I'm not REALLY sure what happened in detail. He was kind of becoming a bit over-aggressive on twitter in my view, so him deleting his twitter was good in my opinion. However, him nuking his Youtube like the OmniKing was unexpected. He told me he was becoming more and more irritated with the fandom (feeling was mutual from a lot of people). He only spoke with two people and he didn't really have the passion in him to continue. He also got a raise at his job and a girlfriend now... so.. yeah. I wouldn't have deleted my entire channel but Jay tends to do things without really over-thinking it.
Ah, I guess that explains it. He sent me a private message on Twitter last week, and then when I checked my inbox the other day, I noticed it had vanished. I suppose that's why.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:04 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:As far as Jay goes, I'm not REALLY sure what happened in detail. He was kind of becoming a bit over-aggressive on twitter in my view, so him deleting his twitter was good in my opinion. However, him nuking his Youtube like the OmniKing was unexpected. He told me he was becoming more and more irritated with the fandom (feeling was mutual from a lot of people). He only spoke with two people and he didn't really have the passion in him to continue. He also got a raise at his job and a girlfriend now... so.. yeah. I wouldn't have deleted my entire channel but Jay tends to do things without really over-thinking it.
Ah, I guess that explains it. He sent me a private message on Twitter last week, and then when I checked my inbox the other day, I noticed it had vanished. I suppose that's why.
I can tell you a bit more privately.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:12 pm

Yeah, not a fan of Super Jayain. He just seemed like a very angry person from the videos that I saw of his, and the elitism really created a lot of needles animosity. Hope everything is okay in his life, but I'm not sad to see him go.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:20 am

I am going to miss jay but I do think that he can be harsh to people and I hope for the best for him and Geekdom I think you can improve on timing of videos like your episode reviews and don't upload them until maybe after the subs come out but overall your channel is a pretty good one.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Hey Danny/ Geekdom. There was a FUnImation cable channel, but it shut down in January 2016. That's what Harry meant. And, if you do a 2017 predictions contest, instead of 3 days, give a smaller time limit like one day so there are less emails.

Back on topic, my favorites are for analysis /breakdowns: Geekdom, Rhymestyle, Quaaman, Blackenfist, Gaffer Tape/MistareFusion, MasakoX, Super Jaiyan, and Hail Zeon.

For Gaming, Rhymestyle (I count him as both), jDantastic, Kaggy, Thundershot69, SeeReax, Afrosenju, and Nanogenix

UnrealEntGaming is okay in my opinion, not my favorite

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34