Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Man when Kuririn Fan stopped liking Geekdom, he fucking erased everything he said about him, lol. I miss that guy sometimes (back when he used Kuririn avatars, he kinda changed for the worse afterwards).
Esfír Dedragón wrote:It still surprises me that they still make videos. :|
Why ?
Because I find their humor to be a bit juvenile and over-appreciated compared to the original series.
Why would that prevent them from making videos ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Man when Kuririn Fan stopped liking Geekdom, he fucking erased everything he said about him, lol. I miss that guy sometimes (back when he used Kuririn avatars, he kinda changed for the worse afterwards).
Why ?
Because I find their humor to be a bit juvenile and over-appreciated compared to the original series.
Let me clarify my earlier statement:

I thought that their humor was so sophomoric that most other people would have thought the same and that their popularity would be short-lived. I was wrong and now they've become a house-hold name in the English-speaking Dragon Ball fandom.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Esfír Dedragón wrote:
Let me clarify my earlier statement:

I thought that their humor was so sophomoric that most other people would have thought the same and that their popularity would be short-lived. I was wrong and now they've become a house-hold name in the English-speaking Dragon Ball fandom.
I see. Fair point, although I disagree.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 am

Okay, fuck it, I've gotta vent. After the last stream Geekdom did I remember why I unsubscribed him in the first place. There's so much wrong in that video I couldn't even bear to finish it. I mean, I probably should have expected it when I heard Hail Zeon was coming on, who literally is the worst DB youtuber by far, but the levels of trash that can come out of these outright imbeciles' mouth is disgusting.

And no, it's not because they don't like Super. They can like or dislike whatever they want, but when they want to pose as decent critics, it would be a little bit better to actually have a critique, not spew trash after trash after trash mostly 1.explained or 2.explained in a way it doesn't allow them to look like great "prognosticators". It really looks that they are butthurt they were wrong about most of the stuff, not about the actual writing.

Fuck them.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 am

Draconic wrote:Fuck them.
I have no idea what the content of this video you're talking about is, but this is not an appropriate way to respond to it. Point out specific examples that are factually incorrect and attitudes you disagree with. Otherwise, you've simply stooped to the (their?) same level, and no progress is made in any direction.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:36 am

My favourites are Hail Zeon, Mozilla Vulpix, MasakoX and Seereax.

Zeon and Gaby explain their points really good and it helps me to have a new perspective, althought sometimes i may disagree, there's no video that i find flawed or bad done or anything; every single one is good.

MaxakoX is really someone really likable in his reviews, and i love his videos of "bad fanfiction" and of "Goku Q&A".

Seereax (or Deion) it's also really funny on his reviews, he's likable, he's original, and he has a par of really big balls (the dude make pranks dragon ball related were he either is majin Vegeta or a black/brown version of Master Roshi), also his AMV's are my favourites from every single one i've seen.

EDIT: I forgot to add ajay on the list. His videos are very informational and it really helps this community.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:46 am

Esfír Dedragón wrote:
ExperGamez- My favorite Dragon Ball speculator. I like his voice. Haha.
I'm glad i'm not the only one that likes his voice, i was starting to feel weird :lol:
Draconic wrote:Hail Zeon was coming on, who literally is the worst DB youtuber by far, but the levels of trash that can come out of these outright imbeciles' mouth is disgusting.
https://youtu.be/gI7PFJAVn5s?list=LLUkz ... 9Oom_CGCcg

I don't think that neither Zeon or any of these youtubers think that what they say is a fact.

dbgtFO wrote:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:40 am

Draconic wrote:Okay, fuck it, I've gotta vent. After the last stream Geekdom did I remember why I unsubscribed him in the first place. There's so much wrong in that video I couldn't even bear to finish it. I mean, I probably should have expected it when I heard Hail Zeon was coming on, who literally is the worst DB youtuber by far, but the levels of trash that can come out of these outright imbeciles' mouth is disgusting.

And no, it's not because they don't like Super. They can like or dislike whatever they want, but when they want to pose as decent critics, it would be a little bit better to actually have a critique, not spew trash after trash after trash mostly 1.explained or 2.explained in a way it doesn't allow them to look like great "prognosticators". It really looks that they are butthurt they were wrong about most of the stuff, not about the actual writing.

Fuck them.
I watched that stream as well and I don't see what was so wrong with it. They explained what they didn't like, why they didn't like it, and that they wanna see more in the future because they're a bit tuckered out after the FT arc.

You throw all these personal insults at them and say that they're "wrong" about most of what they're talking about but you haven't explained a single thing that was wrong. And, to be honest, this really does sound like you're just mad because they don't feel the same way about Super that you do. And none of this should warrant personal insults against them. That's just plain childish and really immature.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:35 pm

Okay, now that I've calmed down I think I am due for an apology. Throwing insults left and right really was not the way I should have gone about this.
The reason I don't try to actually refer to anything specific from the video is that I don't think this thread is the place for it and at the same time doing one for adressing someone elses video would be kinda useless.

However, at the same time this thread really wasn't the right place to vent either. I will let the previous post unedited and undeleted as to own up to any consequence the moderators chose to give further than Mike's complaints with it, if need be, or respones from other users who will correctly criticize it like Bansho did for its poor content.

I still feel the video was of questionable quality, but I won't tackle the subject further. I feel I've done enough damage to my own image and the thread itself.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Draconic wrote:Okay, now that I've calmed down I think I am due for an apology. Throwing insults left and right really was not the way I should have gone about this.
The reason I don't try to actually refer to anything specific from the video is that I don't think this thread is the place for it and at the same time doing one for adressing someone elses video would be kinda useless.

However, at the same time this thread really wasn't the right place to vent either. I will let the previous post unedited and undeleted as to own up to any consequence the moderators chose to give further than Mike's complaints with it, if need be, or respones from other users who will correctly criticize it like Bansho did for its poor content.

I still feel the video was of questionable quality, but I won't tackle the subject further. I feel I've done enough damage to my own image and the thread itself.
Hey, you still calmed down to think about it and correct your behavior, that's nice.

dbgtFO wrote:

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Draconic wrote:Okay, now that I've calmed down I think I am due for an apology. Throwing insults left and right really was not the way I should have gone about this.

It's alright dude :) We can all get a little heated up from time to time. I don't think anyone thinks any less of you for it. Also, should you still have any, I would like to see you address certain problems you had with anything that they said in the stream. I most likely will disagree with a lot of it but it'd be nice to see you offer your thoughts in another thread.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:45 pm

Draconic wrote:Okay, fuck it, I've gotta vent. After the last stream Geekdom did I remember why I unsubscribed him in the first place. There's so much wrong in that video I couldn't even bear to finish it. I mean, I probably should have expected it when I heard Hail Zeon was coming on, who literally is the worst DB youtuber by far, but the levels of trash that can come out of these outright imbeciles' mouth is disgusting.

Fuck them.

I completely disagree. The criticisms that Geekdom and Qaaman and others give out is constructive criticism. They all enjoy Super, but they will criticize it when it has holes in the writing, which this Zamasu Arc did have. I do agree with you that Zeon guy is overly harsh, but he's just one guy.

Between the convoluted time travel confusion, the unexplained power ups, and the fan service ideas that didn't pan out, this Arc did have its points to fairly criticize on. They also did point out in that livestream that this most recent Arc had amazing potential, but the execution just wasn't there, which is entirely true. Besides, that livestream wasn't anything like their seperate vids, it was just a conversation on the Arc that just finished.

And honestly, Geekdom does post the most up to date Dragonball stuff as soon as it comes out and I commend him for that. He's big on not spreading misinformation, but I do find that he does post his episode reviews of Super way too fast. Otherwise, a really good Youtuber.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:14 pm

omaro34 wrote:I do find that he does post his episode reviews of Super way too fast.
Tell that to UnrealEntGaming.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:14 pm

I'm pretty sure we all backed up our points and criticisms of the Future Trunks Arc of Super as well as possible. We also pointed out the positives as well in that stream and talked about some of the great aspects, but one thing I have noticed about this community is that if you say 100 great things and 1 bad thing, people just harp on the one bad thing and its very unfair. We talked about the amazing animation, fights, the tone, etc as well as the bad, which is clearly there. I really really really really love Dragon Ball but I am not a blind fanboy who can't criticize things and we certainly did that on there, and then just started to crack sarcastic jokes about it too. You can't be sarcastic on the internet without somebody being upset it seems.

Point is, it doesn't matter if you like or hate Super, you gotta respect others opinions and I can't remember ANYTHING that was said on that stream that was FACTUALLY incorrect. Zeon and Quinn are both LONG TIME fans.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:15 pm

omaro34 wrote:

Fuck them.

I completely disagree. The criticisms that Geekdom and Qaaman and others give out is constructive criticism. They all enjoy Super, but they will criticize it when it has holes in the writing, which this Zamasu Arc did have. I do agree with you that Zeon guy is overly harsh, but he's just one guy.

Between the convoluted time travel confusion, the unexplained power ups, and the fan service ideas that didn't pan out, this Arc did have its points to fairly criticize on. They also did point out in that livestream that this most recent Arc had amazing potential, but the execution just wasn't there, which is entirely true. Besides, that livestream wasn't anything like their seperate vids, it was just a conversation on the Arc that just finished.

And honestly, Geekdom does post the most up to date Dragonball stuff as soon as it comes out and I commend him for that. He's big on not spreading misinformation, but I do find that he does post his episode reviews of Super way too fast. Otherwise, a really good Youtuber.
Thanks. I did make that mistake this past week and I will never make it again. My wife scheduled her birthday party at 8PM. I had to rush my review out to get there. I told her 8:30 but noooooooooooooo :P. Seriously, that will never happen again. I promise.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:22 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

Fuck them.

Thanks. I did make that mistake this past week and I will never make it again. My wife scheduled her birthday party at 8PM. I had to rush my review out to get there. I told her 8:30 but noooooooooooooo :P. Seriously, that will never happen again. I promise.
I for one don't have a problem with any Dragon Ball YouTuber.

Except the fact I barely can contact any of them to ask them for a video request...

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:29 pm

Geekdom101 wrote: My wife scheduled her birthday party at 8PM. I had to rush my review out to get there. I told her 8:30 but noooooooooooooo :P. Seriously, that will never happen again. I promise.
Wait... your married?
And I now have one post more than you.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote: My wife scheduled her birthday party at 8PM. I had to rush my review out to get there. I told her 8:30 but noooooooooooooo :P. Seriously, that will never happen again. I promise.
Wait... your married?
And I now have one post more than you.
I like to keep my private life private so I don't talk about those things often but I did in old videos.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm generally indifferent to them, but there are a couple exceptions.
Rhymestyle ~ Very informative videos, and interesting discussions. I especially enjoyed his and Mr. Geekdom's Hit VS Goku Black debate.
chaospunishment ~ I like his RB and RB2 mods/glitches/etc, but I lost interest recently, because all he/they was/were doing was uploading Budokai (the first game) mods, which I cannot stand the graphics on, Xenoverse hate videos, and trailers with poor titles.
So far, I haven't found any others I like.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:44 am

I still dislike how Geekdom rushes his videos just to be first. His Super reviews are bad because of it, the thing is licensed now for simulcast now just wait an hour for the damn subs, Herms picks and choses what he tweets out and has been wrong before and this then spreads when he does his reviews. Then his badkpeddling on the Hit arc announcement video, not talking about the sarcastic quip he made but the fact he changed the entire video since Herms said no arc was actually confirmed, while I do appreciate that a lot but it shouldn't have happened in the first place all becuase he jumped the gun and didn't take his own advice on waiting for Herms.

His channel (well the Super side of it) has potential but he needs to stop rushing things, I do enjoy his NEP breakdowns a lot and the random quidkies he does aswell the interviews just the Super side he needs to take things slower.