Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:43 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:The fact that any of these people manage to make a living out of Dragon Ball by: uploading videos with clickbait thumbnails which are clearly fake; spreading false and random information; literally copying and pasting what Herms says on Twitter and making a video out of it; copying and pasting a random article posted on Kanzenshuu or reacting to Dragon Ball episodes as soon as they are released; cursing and shouting makes me sick. Seriously they should send Herms or Kanzenshuu a check every month for the revenue that they get from putting ads on their videos after stealing information from them.
This sums up my thoughts really well. Especially the part about Herms and Kanzenshuu.
These guys work their asses off to provide us with so much valid information and keep this site going, and then we have youtubers making money out of them and get praised by everyone without doing half the work.

Channels like Team Four Star, AnimeAjay or video game channels like DBZanto are more than welcome.
"Reviewers" earning money by copy/paste information not so much. I'm not talking about Dragon Ball youtubers in this part only, but more in an overall sense.
Boy am I really tired of this. These comments on this board may not be targeted at me, but I AM taking it personally because many of these people ARE friends of mine. Perhaps I shouldn't, but in this case, I am.

So by your logic, all Youtubers do is make money off of Kanzenshuu and Herms and don't work?

That's complete and utter nonsense.

Try editing a video a day. Try spending 8-12 hours a day editing a video. Try maintaining consistent uploads daily, tagging, titling, and working on social media. The idea that ALL Youtubers mooch off Herms and Kanzenshuu is ridiculous. Some do, yes. Others don't.

How do you know for certain that those "greedy Youtubers" haven't donated to Kanzenshuu or to Herms?

I can't speak for any of them, only myself.

Here's a little peak behind the scenes:

I received a box of cookies from Herms on Christmas and I sent him a One Punch Man poster. I've had Herms on my channel literally dozens of times to do discussions. I've donated PERSONALLY to Herms and sent him things to translate in the past. I've spent hours talking to him on Skype. I was ready to buy him a PS4 with DB FighterZ but he told me he doesn't like fighting games. Does that sound like a friendship where there's mooching? Would Jake constantly talk to me and be on my channel if he felt that way? I LOVE Jake. Jake CARRIES this fandom on his back - that's a fact. People mooch off of him, thats a fact, but not everybody, and certainly not me or my partners.

Nobody has ever stopped Kanzenshuu from making a Youtube channel and doing similar videos themselves. Nobody has. Also, as much RESPECT as I have for Kanzenshuu, Julian, Jake, etc, I've interviewed ALL of them on my channel and made the Youtube community more aware of Kanzenshuu than before.

Some of the people on this board are legitimately disgusting when it comes to being so judgmental and arrogant about Youtubers because "we're on the Kanzenshuu message board" is such elitist trash. If its not TFS, or Ajay, or Lance/GafferTape, Youtubers are automatically labeled as trash by some of you and that's RIDICULOUS. Why? Because its not one of your "boys" from the "board"? All your "boys" are my real life friends, specially Lance who lives 20 minutes away from me and has been in my home and vise-versa. Ask MasakoX who the first guy he asked to be a guest on his channel was? It was me, a Youtuber.

Is there trash and clickbait? Absolutely. But guess what, people like Rhymestyle and Qaaman WORK. They HUSTLE. They credit Kanzenshuu. They credit Herms. They EDIT. They upload. Mozilla Vulpix, a Youtuber, can break down Super episodes better than 80% of the people on this board. And she's on Youtube.

This grouping of all Youtubers into the clickbait category is such nonsense it makes me wanna puke. Bandai Namco wants to work with Rhyme and Afro you know why? Because they have an audience. Because they ARE influencers. They influence people. They don't take a PENNY away from Kanzenshuu.

I understand hating clickbait, and hating misinformation, and hating people who manipulate the system. But this idea that this message board is somehow holier than thou because its been around a long time is a fallacy.

2 years ago nobody had a clue who I was. Do you really think I'm some newbie? I started Dragon Ball in 1994. How many can say that? Not many. I lurked on here. I followed the community. I respect everybody who has contributed to our fandom in a positive way and I always have.

Seriously, have some respect. These are people too yaknow...
Last edited by Geekdom101 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:06 am

I personally don't watch DBTubers apart from Lance, TFS and Ajay. I can get all the info I need from Twitter usually (Herms/ Julian/ Yonkou etc).

I don't get the hate really. There's always gonna be people trying to cash in on trends and popular topics. DB is no different. If you don't like them, don't watch and try to lead people to better content.

I get the worry that the fandom is being poisoned with misinformation and bad speculation, but that will always be here.

And even if you don't like guys like Geekdom or Rhyme, at least they're out there trying to make a positive change in the community by doing something they love.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:12 am

MarCas92 wrote:I personally don't watch DBTubers apart from Lance, TFS and Ajay. I can get all the info I need from Twitter usually (Herms/ Julian/ Yonkou etc).

I don't get the hate really. There's always gonna be people trying to cash in on trends and popular topics. DB is no different. If you don't like them, don't watch and try to lead people to better content.

I get the worry that the fandom is being poisoned with misinformation and bad speculation, but that will always be here.

And even if you don't like guys like Geekdom or Rhyme, at least they're out there trying to make a positive change in the community by doing something they love.
Thank you! You came off very unbiased and I respect you.

The IDEA that we're doing this FOR MONIEZ is ridiculous. I WORK bro. I put in WORK. No, I don't work for free, but when do I take shortcuts?

This idea that TOEI should take down Dragon Ball channels is so utterly flaccid that I'm shocked somebody could think of it as being valid. By that logic, ANY youtuber who covers ANYTHING should be taken down. Collider shouldn't be ALLOWED to cover movies. Stupendous Wave shouldn't be ALLOWED to cover Star Wars. Siskel and Ebert should've worked for free too. All reviewers should work for free then. Maybe people are ok with paying because they want to hear someone else's insight? hmm

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:21 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Thank you! You came off very unbiased and I respect you.

The IDEA that we're doing this FOR MONIEZ is ridiculous. I WORK bro. I put in WORK. No, I don't work for free, but when do I take shortcuts?

This idea that TOEI should take down Dragon Ball channels is so utterly flaccid that I'm shocked somebody could think of it as being valid. By that logic, ANY youtuber who covers ANYTHING should be taken down. Collider shouldn't be ALLOWED to cover movies. Stupendous Wave shouldn't be ALLOWED to cover Star Wars. Siskel and Ebert should've worked for free too. All reviewers should work for free then. Maybe people are ok with paying because they want to hear someone else's insight? hmm

I don't think they were talking about you specifically. But there definitely is a problem with people trying to make a quick buck of DBtubing. Just type in the latest Super episode an hour after it airs on Youtube and sort by Upload date, almost everything there is trash.

But yeah, that argument is ridiculous. Even among the most degenerate DBtubers, I've don't think I've ever seen true copyright infringement, so I don't get where he is coming from.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:24 am

MarCas92 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Thank you! You came off very unbiased and I respect you.

I don't think they were talking about you specifically. But there definitely is a problem with people trying to make a quick buck of DBtubing. Just type in the latest Super episode an hour after it airs on Youtube and sort by Upload date, almost everything there is trash.

But yeah, that argument is trash. Even with the most degenerate DBtubers, I've don't think I've ever seen true copyright infringement so I don't get where he is coming from.
Not me, but when he mentioned Bandai considering Dantastic, Rhyme, Afro, etc "influencers" and how people shouldn't "monetize from Dragon Ball" I was triggered. Because that's ludicrous. If thats the case, nobody on Youtube should monetize anything talking about an IP.

I AGREE that there's a LOT of trash in this fandom and i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it. But not everybody. There's good people. Lots of them.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:30 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Scorpio Kardia wrote:The fact that any of these people manage to make a living out of Dragon Ball by: uploading videos with clickbait thumbnails which are clearly fake; spreading false and random information; literally copying and pasting what Herms says on Twitter and making a video out of it; copying and pasting a random article posted on Kanzenshuu or reacting to Dragon Ball episodes as soon as they are released; cursing and shouting makes me sick. Seriously they should send Herms or Kanzenshuu a check every month for the revenue that they get from putting ads on their videos after stealing information from them.
This sums up my thoughts really well. Especially the part about Herms and Kanzenshuu.
These guys work their asses off to provide us with so much valid information and keep this site going, and then we have youtubers making money out of them and get praised by everyone without doing half the work.

Channels like Team Four Star, AnimeAjay or video game channels like DBZanto are more than welcome.
"Reviewers" earning money by copy/paste information not so much. I'm not talking about Dragon Ball youtubers in this part only, but more in an overall sense.
Boy am I really tired of this. These comments on this board may not be targeted at me, but I AM taking it personally because many of these people ARE friends of mine. Perhaps I shouldn't, but in this case, I am.

So by your logic, all Youtubers do is make money off of Kanzenshuu and Herms and don't work?

That's complete and utter nonsense.

Try editing a video a day. Try spending 8-12 hours a day editing a video. Try maintaining consistent uploads daily, tagging, titling, and working on social media. The idea that ALL Youtubers mooch off Herms and Kanzenshuu is ridiculous. Some do, yes. Others don't.

How do you know for certain that those "greedy Youtubers" haven't donated to Kanzenshuu or to Herms?

I can't speak for any of them, only myself.

Here's a little peak behind the scenes:

I received a box of cookies from Herms on Christmas and I sent him a One Punch Man poster. I've had Herms on my channel literally dozens of times to do discussions. I've donated PERSONALLY to Herms and sent him things to translate in the past. I've spent hours talking to him on Skype. I was ready to buy him a PS4 with DB FighterZ but he told me he doesn't like fighting games. Does that sound like a friendship where there's mooching? Would Jake constantly talk to me and be on my channel if he felt that way? I LOVE Jake. Jake CARRIES this fandom on his back - that's a fact. People mooch off of him, thats a fact, but not everybody, and certainly not me or my partners.

Nobody has ever stopped Kanzenshuu from making a Youtube channel and doing similar videos themselves. Nobody has. Also, as much RESPECT as I have for Kanzenshuu, Julian, Jake, etc, I've interviewed ALL of them on my channel and made the Youtube community more aware of Kanzenshuu than before.

Some of the people on this board are legitimately disgusting when it comes to being so judgmental and arrogant about Youtubers because "we're on the Kanzenshuu message board" is such elitist trash. If its not TFS, or Ajay, or Lance/GafferTape, Youtubers are automatically labeled as trash by some of you and that's RIDICULOUS. Why? Because its not one of your "boys" from the "board"? All your "boys" are my real life friends, specially Lance who lives 20 minutes away from me and has been in my home and vise-versa. Ask MasakoX who the first guy he asked to be a guest on his channel was? It was me, a Youtuber.

Is there trash and clickbait? Absolutely. But guess what, people like Rhymestyle and Qaaman WORK. They HUSTLE. They credit Kanzenshuu. They credit Herms. They EDIT. They upload. Mozilla Vulpix, a Youtuber, can break down Super episodes better than 80% of the people on this board. And she's on Youtube.

This grouping of all Youtubers into the clickbait category is such nonsense it makes me wanna puke. Bandai Namco wants to work with Rhyme and Afro you know why? Because they have an audience. Because they ARE influencers. They influence people. They don't take a PENNY away from Kanzenshuu.

I understand hating clickbait, and hating misinformation, and hating people who manipulate the system. But this idea that this message board is somehow holier than thou because its been around a long time is a joke.

2 years ago nobody had a clue who I was. Do you really think I'm some newbie? I started Dragon Ball in 1994. How many can say that? Not many. I lurked on here. I followed the community. I respect everybody who has contributed to our fandom in a positive way and I always have.

Seriously, have some respect. These are people too yaknow...
OMG thank you,I needed this Post,I'm disgusted by re reading this thread thanks to the elitism that if your not tfs or Ajay then your trash,I love those channel but we shouldn't do this
    This thread is getting ridiculous, with people wanting toei to take down DB channel, Why you want that, none of the db YouTuber are discrediting toei or pirating them,I wasn't expecting this,if you don't like these DB YouTubers fine, but discrediting them and calling them money grabbing peeps that only care for the franchise popularity is just ridiculous
    Last edited by The gr on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:37 am

Whoa Geekdom calm down my dude. That's a big issue with you I see a lot, you lack the appropriate thick skin and you can come across very condescending at times, which sometimes is even reflective on your videos. You're right we don't know the ins and outs of you and your videos but it's because of that why we're talking from our perspective and what things look like to us. As a viewer if the quality of standard is not good are we not allowed to say? You set yourself up to a standard and if you don't deliver to that standard we have a right to criticise.

Geekdom101
    Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:39 am

The gr wrote: OMG thank you,I needed this Post,I'm disgusted by re reading this thread thanks to the elitism that if your not tfs or Ajay then your trash,I love those channel but we shouldn't do this
      This thread is getting ridiculous, with people wanting toei to take down DB channel, Why you want that, none of the db YouTuber are discrediting toei or pirating them,I wasn't expecting this
      The idea that people should work for free is legitimately stupid. That guy with the Frog Avatar has made it clear he doesn't have any familiarity with who I am or what I represent, whom I work with, what Fair Use is, any sort of understanding of how TOEI views TFS and Youtube, how Bandai Namco sees Youtubers, the impact that Youtubers have had on sales, the LEGIT influence that they've had on the game (I could tell you stories, but NDA.). Nope - lets just yell at somebody and call them names because they're making money doing something they love. Ok.

Geekdom101
      Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whoa Geekdom calm down my dude. That's a big issue with you I see a lot, you lack the appropriate thick skin and you can come across very condescending at times, which sometimes is even reflective on your videos. You're right we don't know the ins and outs of you and your videos but it's because of that why we're talking from our perspective and what things look like to us. As a viewer if the quality of standard is not good are we not allowed to say? You set yourself up to a standard and if you don't deliver to that standard we have a right to criticise.
      Nobody said you don't have the right to criticize. But what you don't have the right to do is make judgement calls about my character, specially on a topic that i have addressed in public.

You wanna know what's condescending? Claiming that I do things for cheap views. That's called judging a person who you don't know because they are successful. If my videos did 1000 views, you wouldn't say a word.

I don't care if you think I have thin skin, I'm not going to allow myself to be disrespected, specially if its from an ignorant perspective. If the mistakes that I've made have caused you to stop watching - so be it - life goes on. But that doesn't mean you're allowed to attack my character, specially in the passive-aggressive manner that you took in this thread man. You can't say that and not expect me to correct you.

Oh and PS - you saying i'm not thick skinned is another attack on my character. You literally know nothing about me. At all. I'm not going to ALLOW you to undermine or belittle me.

Baggie_Saiyan
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:05 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
      Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whoa Geekdom calm down my dude. That's a big issue with you I see a lot, you lack the appropriate thick skin and you can come across very condescending at times, which sometimes is even reflective on your videos. You're right we don't know the ins and outs of you and your videos but it's because of that why we're talking from our perspective and what things look like to us. As a viewer if the quality of standard is not good are we not allowed to say? You set yourself up to a standard and if you don't deliver to that standard we have a right to criticise.
      Nobody said you don't have the right to criticize. But what you don't have the right to do is make judgement calls about my character, specially on a topic that i have addressed in public.

You wanna know what's condescending? Claiming that I do things for cheap views. That's called judging a person who you don't know because they are successful. If my videos did 1000 views, you wouldn't say a word.

I don't care if you think I have thin skin, I'm not going to allow myself to be disrespected, specially if its from an ignorant perspective. If the mistakes that I've made have caused you to stop watching - so be it - life goes on. But that doesn't mean you're allowed to attack my character, specially in the passive-aggressive manner that you took in this thread man. You can't say that and not expect me to correct you.

Oh and PS - you saying i'm not thick skinned is another attack on my character. You literally know nothing about me. At all. I'm not going to ALLOW you to undermine or belittle me.
      You literally there are condescending and talking down to me "that's called judging", seriously dude? And even if your views were 1000 I'd still have an issue if the quality is not at the previous standard set.

Okay you say I'm criticising your charachter then I'm criticising the character you are currently portraying to us, if that's isn't your "real" character then that's not my problem.

You could have handled this reply to me so much more diligently, it's a shame man I used to be such a big fan of yours, I hope you continue to find success I still believe in your crusade against misinformation but it's time for me to move on I guess.

Geekdom101
      Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:10 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
      Geekdom101 wrote:

You literally there are condescending and talking down to me "that's called judging", seriously dude? And even if your views were 1000 I'd still have an issue if the quality is not at the previous standard set.

Okay you say I'm criticising your charachter then I'm criticising the character you are currently portraying to us, if that's isn't your "real" character then that's not my problem.

You could have handled this reply to me so much more diligently, it's a shame man I used to be such a big fan of yours, I hope you continue to find success I still believe in your crusade against misinformation but it's time for me to move on I guess.
      Now you are backtracking and playing the victim. You spew criticism and act judgmental and the minute somebody stands up to you, now suddenly they're "condescending"? Stop.

If you don't have the self awareness to know that you are judging somebody else and disrespecting them, then I'd PREFER you unsubscribe and stop watching. Its pretty obvious to me that you were never "such a big fan". Move on.

Baggie_Saiyan
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:33 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
      Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
      Geekdom101 wrote:

Now you are backtracking and playing the victim. You spew criticism and act judgmental and the minute somebody stands up to you, now suddenly they're "condescending"? Stop.

If you don't have the self awareness to know that you are judging somebody else and disrespecting them, then I'd PREFER you unsubscribe and stop watching. Its pretty obvious to me that you were never "such a big fan". Move on.
      Isn't that what you're doing here judging me? "It's pretty obvious that you never were... ". You don't know what I done for you, I watched your videos with ad block disabled that thing you have in your videos, shared your videos around to friends etc.

I tried to end this cleanly but whatever man.

rereboy
      Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 am

Geekdom101 is right. The topic was getting ridiculous and filled with unreasonable hate. Everyone should take a step back, take a deep breath and reflect on what he has said.

TheGodfather93
      Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:08 am

I don't think it's fair to generalise against an entire group of people, in this case YouTubers, based on the actions of a few. While there are channels out there whose main goal is to earn money, and who resort to shady practices like clickbaiting and spreading misinformation, there are also channels out there that are legitimately helpful and informative. The only reason I'm on Kanzenshuu is because of Geekdom. Without his interviews of people like VegettoEX and Hujio, and constant crediting of Herms and Kanzenshuu in his videos, I'm not sure I'd even have known the site existed. And I'm sure there are countless other cases like my own.

So Danny, from me personally, I'd like to say thanks. While I don't always agree with what you have to say (maybe about 5% of the time), I respect and appreciate the amount of work you put into your channel, as well as what you're trying to accomplish.
      If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Scorpio Kardia
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Whoa Geekdom calm down my dude. That's a big issue with you I see a lot, you lack the appropriate thick skin and you can come across very condescending at times, which sometimes is even reflective on your videos
      I think this is something that is pretty common with YouTube in general, not just Dragon Ball YouTubers. Inside their own channel they mostly receive praise, and have people agree with everything they say on their videos. That's why when anyone defies their logic, criticizes what they do, or flat out opposes it they tend to have meltdowns and burst out in anger. More often than not they might even make videos about it so that they can get showered with praise again from the mindless viewers who swallow everything they say, and who even go out of their way sometimes to "attack" who ever criticitized the YouTuber in question.

It's like the Wall Street Journal Pewdiepie incident, and that was actually on the news lol. :lol:

Also if you can afford to make daily videos on YouTube I doubt they take that much work. The best channels on YouTube that aren't related to gaming or vlogs can hardly upload even once per week, let alone everyday. Making a top 5 list or making a review for something, or talking about your favorite battle in an anime would be the type of video that regardless of editing wouldn't take that long to produce, and that's why you seem them being done daily.

It's actually interesting to think about because a lot of the times channels who do things that take a lot of time and work, like animations, parodies and so on, actually end up creating secondary channels where they upload gaming content, quick reviews, rants, and so on. Which is precisely what so many of these Dragon Ball YouTubers already do. So the idea that it requires a lot of effort to do said type of videos is kind of laughable. You're not producing some masterpiece, you're talking about Dragon Ball for a living.

Bansho64
      I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:41 am

Geekdom101 wrote:

The fact that you apparently need "thick skin" because you're defending yourself against some of the posts here is one of the dumbest things I've read so far.

Aight, I think I better throw my two cents up here.

Personally, I think there are two problems here that I'd like to lay out. Hear me out if you will

Yes, I do think there is a problem with DB YouTubers. A lot of em, click bait, cash on other people's work without giving credit, and the originality is extremely low. And I'll admit it; it's a considerable problem that's causing DB YouTubers to have such a low reputation here. I can feel some of y'all on that. There's some small channels out there that are really good and don't take this route. For example, MistareFusion, MrNinjaStar, Kairi, Reel to Reel, Rakurai Network, Mozilla Vulpix, etc.

BUT, what some of you are ignoring is that are exceptions to this. A lot of em too! You have awesome people like Geekdom, Qaaman, JaxBlade, MasakoX, Rhymestyle, etc. And it seems like a lot of you here are either ignoring them or grouping them together as the problem that I mentioned earlier. As Geekdom said earlier, these are people that are working hard to put out videos that ARE different, that DO have originality, and HAVE hard freaking work put into them.

Like I said earlier, I do see where some of the people here are coming from. I see that direction. But you're going into a worse direction AND becoming a problem instead of spreading the love and trying to fix it. This whole thread has become a toxic waste for people to crap on everyone who isn't a handful of select people. Some of y'all actually are being the elitists that you claim you aren't. This has gone far beyond criticisms.

And, if I'm gonna be totally honest, what some of y'all are doing here is a bigger problem than the first one a mentioned. It's almost freaky how this is so much like the hive mind mentality that I've seen people claim that Kanzenshuu has rampant on this message board.

Scorpio Kardia
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Scorpio Kardia » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:15 am

Bansho64 wrote:
      BUT, what some of you are ignoring is that are exceptions to this. A lot of em too! You have awesome people like Geekdom, Qaaman, JaxBlade, MasakoX, Rhymestyle, etc. And it seems like a lot of you here are either ignoring them or grouping them together as the problem that I mentioned earlier. As Geekdom said earlier, these are people that are working hard to put out videos that ARE different, that DO have originality, and HAVE hard freaking work put into them.
      I this that's subjective at best, what you find good others might find bad. I don't know some of the names that you mentioned, so I won't adress them. But that Rhymestyle dude is constantly suggested on my main page, and I can tell you that a lot of his videos fall precisely on the same category that I criticized. But if you think that watching someone do Dokkan Battle summons is quality content then that's fine I guess. Before you say "But he does other things!". I'll stop you right there and say that whatever else he does doesn't change the fact that a lot of his content does not involve any type of skill or hard work. That's why he can afford to do said type of videos daily.

I take issue with the notion that a lot of these Dragon Ball YouTubers "work hard" or produce"original" content. Most of the videos that they make do not require any type of skill or differentiation. If you take a look at YouTube the channels that do produce actual original content aren't putting out daily videos. There's a reason for that.
      Last edited by Scorpio Kardia on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bullza
      Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:33 am

I don't really pay to much attention to this kind of thing but what I have noticed is

1. The sheer amount of clickbait videos. Videos with fan made artwork for thumbnails which they try to pass off as real just for views.

2. Anytime soon news comes out, regardless of how trivial, for some reason because it's always in my recommended section, the same few channels talking about the exact same thing. A one minute trailer came out for that came yesterday and now they've all got videos on it, breaking down images and just stating the obvious that anyone watching can see for themselves.

They all seem desperate to hurry up and just come out with something first to get the views. That fake news came out a bit ago and all these YouTubers pounced on it and made videos of it and then it just turned out to be fake and they made a fool of themselves because they were too impatient to actually wait to know if it was genuine or not.

And yeah I bet a lot of them steal this information without crediting who they got the information from because it's happened to someone as insignificant as me a couple times from when I posted the box office information.
      Last edited by Bullza on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bansho64
      I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:35 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote: I this that's subjective at best, what you find good others might find bad.
      It wasn't about them being good or bad. It was about them not doing specific things that I said a lot of other DB YouTubers tend to do.
      I'll stop you right there and say that whatever else he does doesn't change the fact that a lot of his content does not involve any type of skill or hard work. That's why he can afford to do said type of videos daily.
      I think you're severely undermining what he does to produce his content.
      I take issue with the notion that a lot of these Dragon Ball YouTubers "work hard" or produce"original" content. Most of the videos that they do does not require any type of skill or differentiation. If you take a look at YouTube the channels that do produce actual original content they aren't putting out daily videos.
      Again, if you're saying that none of that requires any skill whatsoever, then I think you're really undermining what they do.

DBZ Macky
      Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:36 am

Scorpio Kardia wrote:
      Bansho64 wrote:
      I this that's subjective at best, what you find good others might find bad. I don't know some of the names that you mentioned, so I won't adress them. But that Rhymestyle dude is constantly suggested on my main page, and I can tell you that a lot of his videos fall precisely on the same category that I criticized. But if you think that watching someone do Dokkan Battle summons is quality content then that's fine I guess. Before you say "But he does other things!". I'll stop you right there and say that whatever else he does doesn't change the fact that a lot of his content does not involve any type of skill or hard work. That's why he can afford to do said type of videos daily.

I take issue with the notion that a lot of these Dragon Ball YouTubers "work hard" or produce"original" content. Most of the videos that they do does not require any type of skill or differentiation. If you take a look at YouTube the channels that do produce actual original content they aren't putting out daily videos.
      Videos about Dokkan battle, and even simple, shitty slideshows do require a lot of time and effort, even if it's minuscule compared to projects requiring heavy editing like DBZA. If someone is enjoying the content, and you're also enjoying making it, while not violating the law or infringing copyright in any manner, then what's the issue?
      Even Dokkan Battle is "quality content". It's just that you don't like it.

Low effort doesn't necessarily equate to bad. If you don't like these kinds of videos, then you can just click on the video and select "Not interested".
      Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.