Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:53 am

The gr wrote:Now I'm going give my opinion on DB YouTubers
    Geekdom101this guy is one of the most knowledgeable DB YouTuber,he is a variety of videos,he has a funny sense of humor, and very reliable when it come DB News
      Mozilla Vulpix, blackenfist and hail zeonthe Best type of reviewers when it come to DBS, and especially Gabby she has the best reviews
        masakox,qaaman,seereax and tfs there video always entertained me
          mistarefusion it was obvious,his dissection video are amazing,he is the best DB critic
            Anime Ajay the most knowledgeable person in the DB community when it comes to animation he's the best one, totally not mark come in second place when it comes to animation
              DBZ macky,geeklist,seth and vegito great powerscalers and versus debaters,but I prefer macky over them, simply because his scaling is easier to understand, through seth and vegito are great powerscalers despite having some flaws like the Gohan and tagoma power and vegito Saiyan multipliers decreasing, and geeklist makes good versus video
              Vegito just got a new PC so he's coming back!
              "Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

naddox

Post by naddox » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:58 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:My opinion on Geekdom101
              SethTheProgrammer
              He outright ignores the official power level for Goku at the beginning of the series and gives Kid Goku a 50 instead of a 10. As I said, power levels aren't linear and a 2x gap over regular humans is enough for Goku. If you really think it's linear, then it wouldn't matter even if Goku was 10x as strong as a regular human. Even 20 humans can't break 3 bricks with one finger.

Vegito1089
              Much like Seth, he believes in Base Goku > Freeza and puts Kid Goku at 50 rather than 10. Not to mention the "decreasing SS multiplier theory".
              Other than that, he's a pretty cool guy and I genuinely wish he'd upload more.
              I am not SethTheProgrammer or Vegito1089 but this comment warrants a response.

Kid Goku's power level was never stated anywhere in the manga. In the anime a newborn baby Goku is given a PL of 2. The only source that gives Goku a PL of 10 in the beginning of DB is a 3rd party guidebook that wasn't even written by Toriyama and it's not at all consistent with what we saw in the manga and with what Raditz explained in the beginning of DBZ.

In Jaco The Galactic Patrolman manga a 3 year old kid Goku was powerful enough to surprise Grandpa Gohan (one of the best martial artists on Earth).
              This actually makes sense and is consistent with what Raditz explained in DBZ. It's even consistent with what we saw in DB Minus (when Bardock and Gine warn Goku not to look at the full moon).
              Kid Goku was powerful enough to cause mass destruction as soon as he landed on Earth. If you agree that the oozaru transformation is a x10 boost, then kid Goku's PL was already well above 10 when he met Grandpa Gohan. Probably around 25 to 30 (250 to 300 as an oozaru) which would put oozaru kid Goku at Piccolo Daimao's level and we know for a fact that Piccolo Daimao was powerful enough to destroy a city with one ki blast.

We know for a fact that kid Goku suffered a serious head injury sometime after meeting Grandpa Gohan and "almost died". He would have got a zenkai boost from that.

We know for a fact that kid Goku was trained by Grandpa Gohan.

And we also know that kid ChiChi and teen Yamcha were already performing superhuman feats in the very beginning of DB.
              ChiChi decapitated a T-rex.
              Yamcha (using the wolf-fang-fist attack) sent kid Goku flying through the rocks.
              But they were not as powerful as kid Goku.

A normal human (the Farmer) had a PL of 5. If kid Goku's PL was only 10 what does that make ChiChi's and Yamcha's PL? A 7 or 8? You really think they would be able to perform superhuman feats if they were that weak? I don't think so.

TL;DR
              Don't just blindly believe everything you see in some 3rd party guidebook.
              BTW the last recorded PL for Goku in the manga is 180,000 when he used kaioken x2 while fighting Captain Ginyu. The last recorded PL for Freeza in the manga is "over 1,000,000" after he transformed into his 2nd form.
              Every PL you saw after that is basically fan-fiction.

The gr
              I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
              The gr wrote:Now I'm going give my opinion on DB YouTubers
                Geekdom101this guy is one of the most knowledgeable DB YouTuber,he is a variety of videos,he has a funny sense of humor, and very reliable when it come DB News
                  Mozilla Vulpix, blackenfist and hail zeonthe Best type of reviewers when it come to DBS, and especially Gabby she has the best reviews
                    masakox,qaaman,seereax and tfs there video always entertained me
                      mistarefusion it was obvious,his dissection video are amazing,he is the best DB critic
                        Anime Ajay the most knowledgeable person in the DB community when it comes to animation he's the best one, totally not mark come in second place when it comes to animation
                          DBZ macky,geeklist,seth and vegito great powerscalers and versus debaters,but I prefer macky over them, simply because his scaling is easier to understand, through seth and vegito are great powerscalers despite having some flaws like the Gohan and tagoma power and vegito Saiyan multipliers decreasing, and geeklist makes good versus video
                          Vegito just got a new PC so he's coming back!
                          That's is good to hear,I'm looking forward to see his powerscaling videos oh and here's some DB YouTuber that I forgot to mention experzgamerz, inmortal,xXsontjXx and Sawyer7image through I consider him best at other anime and manga reviews
                          Mostly active on discord.

Beek King
                          Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:23 am

Geekdom you are a hero of the DB community, plain and simple. It's remarkable to achieve success on YouTube without resorting to clickbait BS.

My other favorites are Qaaman (the first one I got into and the one I can relate the most to on a personal level), Blackenfist (glad to see him back), Josh from Dragon Ball Nation and his beard, Mike from Laughingstock Media and Hail Zeon.
                          I also like more specialized DBtubers like Ajay for animation details, MistareFusion for his dissections, SethTheProgrammer for actually bothering with the power level headaches and Rhymestyle for video game stuff (I like him in general, but in my opinion a lot of his non-video game specific discussions about DB are sort of bland without offering something that the other DBtubers I've mentioned prior haven't touched upon unless he invites someone to talk like Danny).
                          Do whatever you like, ghost.

Yomi
                          Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 am

There is so much clickbait these days.
                          Usually from this One DeviantArt user that makes a lot of "What-if" images.
                          :clap:

Doctor.
                          Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 am

Besides MistareFusion and Ajay, I don't really think I'd get anything out of the other Dragon Ball Youtubers that I wouldn't get from Kanzenshuu or with my own critical thinking.

Yomi
                          Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Man, how many more of those Anime Live Reaction "breakdown" videos are going to be debunked?

He said the Mortal level is strength because the Spanish sub says so, and that Jiren was supposed to be Toppo
                          in the opening, and that Hit's time-skip is "Molecular manipulation"

I guess custom Music and Tech Graphics doesn't equate to credibility.
                          :clap:

MaxZ
                          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 am

Rhymestyle used my art for the thumbnail on one of his videos one time

that was pretty damn cool and very surreal

maybe one day I'll get featured on one of Geekdom's videos, I like that he's doing that artist feature thing

Geekdom101
                          Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:12 pm

MaxZ wrote:Rhymestyle used my art for the thumbnail on one of his videos one time

maybe one day I'll get featured on one of Geekdom's videos, I like that he's doing that artist feature thing
                          Link me to portfolio plis. kthxbai :)

mfwlegend3
                          Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 am

I would occasionally tune in for Geekdom101 whenever he does another one of his assblasted rants. He should do more of those often.

Geekdom101
                          Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:18 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:I would occasionally tune in for Geekdom101 whenever he does another one of his assblasted rants. He should do more of those often.
                          Ass...blasted!?

I've never heard that before!

No I'm not doing anymore rants. Changing my channel to PG-13 from now on. Family Friendly Geekdom era.

Gog
                          I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:24 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
                          mfwlegend3 wrote:I would occasionally tune in for Geekdom101 whenever he does another one of his assblasted rants. He should do more of those often.
                          Ass...blasted!?

No I'm not doing anymore rants. Changing my channel to PG-13 from now on. Family Friendly Geekdom era.
                          Maybe you should put them under age restriction?

mfwlegend3
                          Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:45 am

Geekdom101 wrote:No I'm not doing anymore rants.
                          You say that now, but then you'll do it.

mr.fredsolo

Post by mr.fredsolo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not strictly a Dragon Ball Youtuber but I did recently made this video discussing the 1990 unlicensed Korean Dragon Ball movie, Dragon Ball: Fight Son Goku, Win Son Goku, in which I drop a lot of my DB knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJsZ-VtU4Y

I recommend all Dragon Ball fans who are not aware of the existence of this movie to check it out. You won't believe your eyes.

I'm a pretty big DB fan so chances are I'll be covering more things related to it, like The Magic Begins, in the future.

MaxZ
                          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:10 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
                          MaxZ wrote:Rhymestyle used my art for the thumbnail on one of his videos one time

Link me to portfolio plis. kthxbai :)
                          I sent you a PM

I didn't think of it at the time but you probably get a ton of PMs so it mighta gotten lost in there

Komodo

Post by Komodo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:47 am

I think Geekdom is basically the unofficial grandad of the dragon ball community. Always telling his war stories to us kids and not in a boring way, no sir. And that's a compliment, believe me. Its always refreshing to see someone who isn't completely ignorant of the source material in the fandom spreading knowledge and factual content.

Of all the guys I've watched in the YT community and worked with over the past 2 years, I've spoken with Rhymestyle and jDantastic the most and they are both really nice guys with a ton of A+ content.
                          Can't recommend these three guys enough.
                          modder, co-manager of xenoversemods.com

cheddarsword
                          Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:36 pm

well, after reading a bit here, looks like i'll be giving geekdom101 a look on youtube, but i mostly watch team four star and MasakoX. i really find his videos insightful. except for the Go Q&A. those are just... HILARIOUS!

hell, Renegade For Life is the main reason i bought BRO FORCE on PS4. a decision that i do not regret. i dismissed the game until i watched that video.

also,i do listen to qaaman from time to time. i've also watched a few of double4anime's videos, and while i don't dislike him, i'm just not that interested in what he has to say.

Geekdom101
                          Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Komodo wrote:I think Geekdom is basically the unofficial grandad of the dragon ball community. Always telling his war stories to us kids and not in a boring way, no sir. And that's a compliment, believe me. Its always refreshing to see someone who isn't completely ignorant of the source material in the fandom spreading knowledge and factual content.

Of all the guys I've watched in the YT community and worked with over the past 2 years, I've spoken with Rhymestyle and jDantastic the most and they are both really nice guys with a ton of A+ content.
                          Can't recommend these three guys enough.
                          Very nice of you <3. And yes, Dino and Danny (the other Danny) are very genuine.

TheGodfather93
                          Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:26 am

Anyone watch King Of Lightning? I really like his One Piece videos, but his Dragon Ball discussions just irk me sometimes. Especially when he craps on Gohan, sometimes just for the hell of it.
                          If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

omaro34
                          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
                          Ass...blasted!?

Bro you're the Stephen A Smith of Dragonball with your rants you gotta keep them. Not all the time but at least once in a while. If something sacrilegious and blasphemous comes along you gotta do it :lol: :lol:
                          "Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl