Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [COMPLETE!]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [COMPLETE!]

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 am

Ajay wrote:Although I did redo the entire audio for one section in this film so if nobody notices, I'll be happy. :lol:
Was it the scene where you completely changed the soundtrack during Goku and Golden Freeza's fight? The scene prior to Goku and Freeza fighting underwater? I noticed some different sound effects and the absence of some sound effects that were in the film originally. You did a good job for the most part but I found it it to be really loud compared to the rest of the film.

Sorry if me pointing it out makes you unhappy. :mrgreen:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue May 10, 2016 7:22 am

Doesn't make me unhappy at all! I'm aware of the flaws, so I find it interesting to see whether they're just 'creator nitpicks' or something I need to work on.

That scene was mostly rebuilt, yeah. I made it intentionally louder, but maybe I went too far.

There's a few others that haven't been picked up on yet, so that's good.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue May 10, 2016 7:39 am

Just to let you know that your edit of Resurrection 'F' has inspired me to make an edit of the Saiyan arc where I condense it into a feature length film. I don't know when the hell I'll get it done but as of right now it currently just consists of me selecting which scenes to use, deciding on what music to place and figuring out how to make the "film" pace smoothly. It's gonna take a while.

Again, great job with the Resurrection 'F' edit. :thumbup:

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue May 10, 2016 11:02 am

Ajay wrote:Yeah, working on the sound in this film was a bitch. It's not that the film is massively quieter, it's that it has a greater dynamic range than the TV audio which is then being squashed to stereo. This meant that essentially everything but the dialogue was quieter, whereas the stereo TV audio was better balanced.

In hindsight, I probably should have looked into 5.1 to stereo conversion and manually leveled everything myself. By the time I touched the audio, everything was already edited so the best I could do was try apply compression to the film -- making the quiet bits louder. This kinda~ worked, but it seemed to do more harm than good during a lot of scenes, so I ended up manually going through and key framing the audio the best I could.

It's not perfect, sadly. I think I'm going to try and tidy that up further for the V2 when the BDs are out. Hopefully I can make it work. Audio is definitely not my strong point. I usually only deal with spoken word mastering. Although I did redo the entire audio for one section in this film so if nobody notices, I'll be happy. :lol:
Ah, that makes sense. It's a shame that the TV audio is so squished, but it doesn't really seem like it could have been helped. Eager to see how much the BDs improve it.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Tue May 10, 2016 1:43 pm

I was boring today, so just on purpose, i do some statistics on how many lines are pronounced by each characters!

1. SON GOKU : 192 - 13.68%
2. FREEZA : 191 - 13.60%
3. WHIS : 189 - 13.46%
4. VEGETA : 184 - 13.11%
5. BULMA : 131 - 9.33%
6. SORBET : 90 - 6.41%
7. BEERUS : 69 - 4.91%
8. JACO : 57 - 4.06%
9. KRILIN : 54 - 3.85%
10. SON GOHAN : 34 - 2.42%
11. PICCOLO : 31 - 2.21%
12. KAME SENNIN : 24 - 1.71%
13. PILAF : 20 - 1.42%
14. TAGOMA : 17 - 1.21%
15. SHENRON : 15 - 1.07%
16. PROPHET FISH : 14 - 1.00%
17. ROBBER : 13 - 0.93%
18. GRUNT : 10 - 0.71%
19. CHAMPA : 7 - 0.50%
    TEN SHIN HAN : 7 - 0.50%
21. DR. BRIEF : 6 - 0.43%
    VIDEL : 6 - 0.43%
23. MAI : 5 - 0.36%
24. C-18 : 4 - 0.28%
    SHISAMI : 4 - 0.28%
    SHU : 4 - 0.28%
    SOLDAT : 4 - 0.28%
    TRUNKS : 4 - 0.28%
    VADOS : 4 - 0.28%
30. CHEF : 3 - 0.21%
31. EVERBODY : 2 - 0.14%
32. ANGELS : 1 - 0.07%
    CITIZEN : 1 - 0.07%
    MAN : 1 - 0.07%
    STAFF : 1 - 0.07%
    PILAF GANG : 1 - 0.07%
    MARON : 1 - 0.07%
    PICCOLO and KRILIN : 1 - 0.07%
    SON GOTEN : 1 - 0.07%
    MIRAI TRUNKS : 1 - 0.07%

It may not be interesting, but if someone is interestd about them, here they are. :D
Last edited by Psykomatik on Tue May 10, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Citizen totally got screwed over in the line department, the guy deserved more to say damn it!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:59 am

Citizen x Farmer with Shotgun for life !!!1!!1!

.....JK!
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yugidmx5 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:58 am

Nice work with the cut! Most of the scenes from the movie and super were paced nicely. There was a scene with the laser shot in movie and in super that had different hole places so I tried to move the hole to match the movie scene. I could've done better but it turned out nice overall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdLfkl ... e=youtu.be

If you need .mp4 I can send it to you though I guess you will wait for Blu-Ray version since the quality is 720p.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed May 11, 2016 11:30 am

yugidmx5 wrote:Nice work with the cut! Most of the scenes from the movie and super were paced nicely. There was a scene with the laser shot in movie and in super that had different hole places so I tried to move the hole to match the movie scene. I could've done better but it turned out nice overall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdLfkl ... e=youtu.be

If you need .mp4 I can send it to you though I guess you will wait for Blu-Ray version since the quality is 720p.
Great work! Would definitely appreciate a copy. I won't be redoing continuity edits on Blu-ray footage since it's just way too much work, so I can very easily put this in now in preparation for the V2. Thanks!

Deadtuber.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Thu May 12, 2016 12:12 am

I was thinking how awesome it would be if during or after the credits, you showed the Champa and Vados intro scene, and then I just said, hm why not, and watched the entire credits and BEHOLD you did it! I hadn't noticed before because I usually don't watch the credits of dbz movies XD. And it was MAD Hype.

Btw I noticed a track is used two times, the one during Base Goku vs Freeza is used again when they fight while transform to their new states. I know it's separated by two tracks of music, but it still feels a little bit weird to me. May I advice to replace the track on the golden frieza vs super saiyan blue Gokus segment? some of the Super Tracks will definitely fill it nicely.

like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmKzUzapcc

or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILTb-U0YL7Y

I don't know, Just a petition :P
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu May 12, 2016 6:40 am

Black_Liger wrote:Btw I noticed a track is used two times, the one during Base Goku vs Freeza is used again when they fight while transform to their new states.
Huh, somehow that slipped by me. I was sure I picked a Super track for that scene. I'll play around and see if I can make anything work. It has to be a loud one to mask some of the audio artifacting found from isolating the dialogue in the Super clips, though.

Deadtuber.

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:04 pm

I haven't finished the Super Cut yet, but I noticed that Super's version of Shenron bringing Freeza back was used, specifically the three wish rule (and resurrecting several people taking up two wishes) and Mai asking for ice cream. Is there a reason why that one was used as opposed to the original scene?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu May 12, 2016 7:14 pm

MonkeyKing16 wrote:I haven't finished the Super Cut yet, but I noticed that Super's version of Shenron bringing Freeza back was used, specifically the three wish rule (and resurrecting several people taking up two wishes) and Mai asking for ice cream. Is there a reason why that one was used as opposed to the original scene?
The original scene in the movie had Shenlong incorrectly stating the number of wishes available. Super fixed this among other things.

Deadtuber.

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:22 pm

^Huh. Must have misremembered it. Now that you mention, thinking back on one of the past chapters, Krillin (I think) asks if the upgraded Shenron would be able to grant three wishes like Porunga, which Dende confirms, but when Piccolo asks if they'd be able resurrect a large amount of people, Dende says this would make it two wishes. How'd I misremember that detail? Then again, the Cell and Buu arcs are the ones I don't go back to rereading a lot.

Its funny, when I think about it. I enjoyed the original Resurrection F, but I agree that it had problems (the biggest being the lack of tension between Goku and Freeza's rematch). Later on, Super came along to adapt the the movie. While I skipped out on most of the arc (I found it pointless to just watch another version of the film with lower animation-the fact it dragged things out didn't help) I watched mainly the stuff that wasn't in the movie out of curiosity, and for the most part, liked the new stuff. After the scene showing the other supporting characters being killed by Earth's explosion, I thought to myself "if the best parts of this version were incorporated into the film, it would be closer to perfection." And then I found out about Ajay and the fanedit being worked on, as if some force read my thoughts and manifested it into reality.

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Sat May 14, 2016 3:17 am

Nice work on this, Ajay! Yeah, you can tell at some bits that you can tell it's spliced together, though there's not much you can do with that with what you had. The movie feels much fuller with Super's added plot bits, and the Golden Freeza fight is more fun to watch with your cut. With the way it was cut originally, it felt like it dragged on forever. But, this kept the action going, even after the One Inch Punch scene. And also that change of music was a lot better than the original. I'll definitely recommend this for some folks I know for them to watch this over Super or even the original cut.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon May 16, 2016 5:17 pm

Finally got the time to download this, can't wait to watch it but thanks for all your hard work and effort in advance Ajay! :thumbup:

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Ajay wrote:
Ohms wrote: I wasn't certain what Gohan was apologizing to Piccolo for but I like that he asked for the training.
It's hard for me to gauge how effectively the scene works with the knowledge of its meaning in Super's context. Obviously I think it works as it is, otherwise I wouldn't have put it in the film, but I'd be interested to hear whether someone who hadn't seen Super or F before had an issue with it.
My older brother who watched your cut with me, did not have any issues with the line and he has not seen Resurrection F or Super.
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

staylor7326

Post by staylor7326 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:15 am

I feel stupid, but I am new to the site. Where is the video for the super cut?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue May 17, 2016 5:57 am

staylor7326 wrote:I feel stupid, but I am new to the site. Where is the video for the super cut?
Due to the forum's rules, I can't post a direct a link. That said, if you head over to my Twitter (linked under my profile picture), you should be able to find the download link pretty easily.

If you have any video issues or the subtitles don't display, make sure you're using a modern video player like VLC.

Deadtuber.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed May 18, 2016 4:10 am

Great work man watched it and i think it was awesome. I loved that you kept the movie version of Vegeta's beatdown of Freeza instead of Super's version.

- Travis