The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm so glad New Namek bit the dust. I mean, Freeza already had the stack decked against him when he was brought back to life as the heroes had two sets of wish granting MacGuffins to back them up if shit hit the fan. I really wish Freeza had actually been more savvy in Resurrection F and tried to find New Namek and destroy the planet. But I guess he must have thought the effort wasn't worth it. That, and he was super stupid arrogant.
Preach on brother. It really is impossible to even attempt a half-way decent villain revenge story with so many loopholes for the good guys to make any lasting effect moot. The only one I haven't managed to create a block for is Kai's being able to give their life's to revive the dead besides "Well, the universe was gonna get destroyed by Boo so the situation called for a drastic action like that."
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Chapter 21: Whis trolls Vegeta, more of (my) backstory for the Gods of Destruction and the grand re-match you've all been waiting for!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:25 pm

You had me at "Whis trolls". :P

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:41 pm

It is as if you made a checklist of every button the film did not push, some more subjective than others, and whacked them with a rubber mallet.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:56 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:It is as if you made a checklist of every button the film did not push, some more subjective than others, and whacked them with a rubber mallet.
You're not wrong about the checklist ;)

And I like your observations concerning my God forms idea. A lot of the time people assume the original SSJG was someone powerful and feared being like the original Super Saiyan but given the information we have on Red God, this never made much sense to me. I always assumed he must've been more like Tarble than the Broly-esque figure many fans think he was. Plus I like the idea that to become a higher being, you need to be a powerful anomaly in your own species.

I will say, while Freeza's gotten rid of many of his post-Namek fears, there's going to be a moment later on in the story where you'll see he hasn't fully gotten over everything that happened to him. After all, he opts not to undergo anymore serious, heavily damaging cybernetic augmentation even after Goku obliterates his chances of getting revenge by becoming an SSJG.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Chapter 22, finally giving you guys my version of Goku & Vegeta vs Freeza with a slight adjustment that is more in line with what Toriyama originally had planned with post-SSG Goku and probably Vegeta ;)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Second and last part of Goku & Vegeta vs Freeza is here, with Mister Boo and Roshi entering the battle as back up!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:53 pm

It was such a joy reading the last two chapters. Goku and Vegeta actually teaming up to fight against a common enemy together is such a rare occurrence as it never happened in the manga and it rarely happened in the anime itself. And I thought that with Freeza coming back it would have been the perfect opportunity to have Goku and Vegeta team up, but it never turned out that way, which was a shame. One thing I always found so weird abot Resurrection F was Vegeta just complying with Goku and standing on the sidelines while Goku fought Freeza. I mean, he did eventually get fed up and attacked out frustration at having to wait so long, but then he just went with flow again and went back to sidelines at the wishes of Goku and Freeza. I guess it kinda speak volumes for how much Vegeta's character has evolved because if a scenario like this happened at any point in the story prior to the Majin Boo arc, Vegeta would have never stayed on the sideline regardless of what Goku or anyone said. He would have jumped straight into the battle.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It was such a joy reading the last two chapters. Goku and Vegeta actually teaming up to fight against a common enemy together is such a rare occurrence as it never happened in the manga and it rarely happened in the anime itself. And I thought that with Freeza coming back it would have been the perfect opportunity to have Goku and Vegeta team up, but it never turned out that way, which was a shame. One thing I always found so weird abot Resurrection F was Vegeta just complying with Goku and standing on the sidelines while Goku fought Freeza. I mean, he did eventually get fed up and attacked out frustration at having to wait so long, but then he just went with flow again and went back to sidelines at the wishes of Goku and Freeza. I guess it kinda speak volumes for how much Vegeta's character has evolved because if a scenario like this happened at any point in the story prior to the Majin Boo arc, Vegeta would have never stayed on the sideline regardless of what Goku or anyone said. He would have jumped straight into the battle.
The movie tried to play it up as Vegeta listening to Whis' advice, which would be fine if we didn't feel so... random I suppose? I don't know, for a stubborn guy he just suddenly listens when a guy tells him to chill out and be patient. It's not a bad idea and Vegeta is certainly the least shit out of the main three characters in the movie but it felt so odd.

Also, I'm amazed you didn't comment on

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Also, I'm amazed you didn't comment on
I didn't want to talk about it. :cry:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Also, I'm amazed you didn't comment on
I didn't want to talk about it. :cry:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Beerus vs Golden Freeza fight across our solar system, nuff said.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:02 pm

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 am

Lord Beerus wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:52 pm

[/quote]

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:04 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:02 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:18 pm

After nearly a month of absence, the final chapter titled "Victory" is here! I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you all for the sequel ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:08 pm

What an awesome to a fantastic story. If you do a sequel in the future ekrolo2, you can bet I'll be reading that over and over and over again.

I really want to give you an award of some sort for this wonderful remake of Resurrection F... but I think a digital thumps up is good enough. :thumbup: