The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Re: The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 pm

I am usually against treating Dragon Ball as a giant game of variables and resources ("Why doesn't every character teach every other character every technique ever, don't they care?"), Resurrection F is the one time- the absolutely perfect time- in which that is the most clear and consistent path to take. "They Empire Strikes Back" of Dragon Ball really should not have been that far off the mark. I wait eagerly for this storm to break!
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:I am usually against treating Dragon Ball as a giant game of variables and resources ("Why doesn't every character teach every other character every technique ever, don't they care?"), Resurrection F is the one time- the absolutely perfect time- in which that is the most clear and consistent path to take. "They Empire Strikes Back" of Dragon Ball really should not have been that far off the mark. I wait eagerly for this storm to break!
It's a very tricky thing to do with a show with so many loopholes and possibilities for characters to win. The easiest way and one where you can only do in a darker story is to both take away their loopholes and shed some light on why say Goku doesn't just keep a Dragon Ball on his person at all time to make sure no one besides the good guys can use them. Plus it also a matter of necessity, you can't really make a DB story where your goal is to return a sense of danger when Goku has two sets of DBs and Whis' time reversal to make any lasting damage moot.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Who doesn't love a good wedding chapter?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm

We'll see Piccolo in a tuxedo one day. A man can dream, dammit! :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:We'll see Piccolo in a tuxedo one day. A man can dream, dammit! :P
We've seen him in the Great Saiyaman (and whatever the hell supervillain!Gotenks wore) so anything is possible.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Shisami makes his grand debut! And with an actual personality to boot!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:56 pm

Reading this chapter reminded me so much of this.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Reading this chapter reminded me so much of this.
I was hoping Shisami would bring 90s X-Men TAS Beast, that's where I got the idea for his personality from but that works too :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm

The time has come.... for now you shall bear witness to the long-awaited return of one of the greatest new character in Dragon Ball history, one so awesome not even Beerus & Jaco combined can compare to him.... The man of the hour.... TARBLE!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 pm

You robbed me the awesomeness of Jaco for Tarble!?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm just joking. You done a wonderful job in handling Shisami. You took the time to build him up as a threat and did fantastic job of it. And Tarble came across as such a more useful character than whatever the hell he was in the 2008 OVA. You wonderfully weaved in the elements of the story and characters from the 2008 OVA and managed to incorporate it in a way that further enhanced Tarble and Shisami's characters while not sacrificing any element of the original plot and, better yet, not create any continuity errors.

This is the best chapter yet. :thumbup: :clap:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Chapter 13 is here, and with some actual training between Freeza, Shisami and the Abo & Kado brothers. If their listed powers from last time seem low its because 1) Freeza's Golden form is his God form in this version, he's not bypassing the good guys without it and 2) Freeza purposefully nerfed Shisami and the brothers to make sure they're strong sparring partners but with the decisive edge still being his.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:18 pm

How could Beerus be dreaming about cookies? He's never even heard of those before. He should of been dreaming about pudding!

This chapter is not canon! :evil: I'm just playin. Great chapter.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:How could Beerus be dreaming about cookies? He's never even heard of those before. He should of been dreaming about pudding!

Where would he have heard of pudding though? ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:How could Beerus be dreaming about cookies? He's never even heard of those before. He should of been dreaming about pudding!

In Battle Of Gods.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

In Battle Of Gods.
Ah, but this is still six months ahead of BOG ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Ah, but this is still six months ahead of BOG ;)
Fair point.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Chapter 14: The Widening Gap, or as I like to call it: Freeza busts a nut.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:33 pm

The Prince, Goku, Gohan, Trunks and Goten all join hands as Super Saiyan's, even Gohan who briefly turns into it for the purpose of the ritual.
And all was right with the world. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
The Prince, Goku, Gohan, Trunks and Goten all join hands as Super Saiyan's, even Gohan who briefly turns into it for the purpose of the ritual.
And all was right with the world. :P
I still don't get why Gohan's Ultimate state is such a problem to get right. What exactly is difficult to understand with "his base form is strong as fuck and makes transformations pointless"?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Chapter 15: Ascension, my personnel favorite issue and the one with either my best or worst idea ever.