The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm

After spending a year complaining about the issues and wasted potential of Resurrection F ad infinitum, I've decided to create a remake of the film in an attempt to provide a version of the story that's satisfying above surface level. This remake is ignoring the events of Dragon Ball Super, only taking into account Yo Son Goku and Battle of Gods the film before spinning off into its own thing. It is primarily told from the perspective of the villains such as Freeza, Sorbet, and Shisami in the events detailing Freeza's preparation for revenge with the Earth cast only becoming the focus at a handful of chapters & scenes.

Be warned! I'm trying to write Freeza as if he's got a functioning brain cell in his noggin and is trying to go about his revenge in a smarter way while also reinterpreting Tagoma & Shisami to make them a bit more interesting personality wise. Oh, and English isn't my primary language so expect grammatical or spelling mistakes to pop up.

Without further ado, here is chapter 1 of The Vicious Gods Wrath titled Desperate Measures
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:57 am

Wow. Great first chapter. If there is something Resurrection F sorely missed, it was a greater perspective of the story from the villains. I can't wait to read more, ekrolo2. Keep up the good work.
I'm trying to write Freeza as if he's got a functioning brain cell in his noggin
Freeza wasn't that dumb in Resurrection F. He was just very arrogant. He couldn't help himself. Old habits die hard. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wow. Great first chapter. If there is something Resurrection F sorely missed, it was a greater perspective of the story from the villains. I can't wait to read more, ekrolo2. Keep up the good work.
I'm trying to write Freeza as if he's got a functioning brain cell in his noggin
Freeza wasn't that dumb in Resurrection F. He was just very arrogant. He couldn't help himself. Old habits die hard. :P
Thanks for the kind words! And I know Freeza's folly in the film isn't that he's just being dumb but after energy drain made him lose on Namek, you've got to be at least somewhat of an idiot to repeat the same mistake again :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:17 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Wow. Great first chapter. If there is something Resurrection F sorely missed, it was a greater perspective of the story from the villains. I can't wait to read more, ekrolo2. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the kind words! And I know Freeza's folly in the film isn't that he's just being dumb but after energy drain made him lose on Namek, you've got to be at least somewhat of an idiot to repeat the same mistake again :P
He's a villain, though. He's automatically culpable for doing stupid shit from time to time for the sake of the plot. You gotta give a him a break. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:He's a villain, though. He's automatically culpable for doing stupid shit from time to time for the sake of the plot. You gotta give a him a break. :P
True, I just think F went past my tolerance limit for that. Needless to say, I'll do my best to avoid that pitfall with this version of Freeza.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:19 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:He's a villain, though. He's automatically culpable for doing stupid shit from time to time for the sake of the plot. You gotta give a him a break. :P
True, I just think F went past my tolerance limit for that. Needless to say, I'll do my best to avoid that pitfall with this version of Freeza.
Looking forward to it.

Will you be doing something similar to Battle Of Gods in the future? I mean, I think the movie is perfect as it is, but you do feel as though it could use some remodelling in terms of the narrative?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Looking forward to it.

Will you be doing something similar to Battle Of Gods in the future? I mean, I think the movie is perfect as it is, but you do feel as though it could use some remodelling in terms of the narrative?
I actually am doing a separate story remodeling it: Yamcha & Ox-King Save the World! Beerus hits Goku a bit harder on the head during their fight, leaving him in a borderline coma so in the moment when Goku jumps in to suggest using the DBs to discover the method for SSG, Yamcha jumps instead to fix his screw up with Oolong and suggests cooking an awesome meal to save the Earth.

For this story though, I'll only be reworking some details from the movie like Piccolo sensing Beerus, Gotenks using SSJ3 and Gohan remaining Ultimate permanently after the ritual.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I actually am doing a separate story remodeling it: Yamcha & Ox-King Save the World! Beerus hits Goku a bit harder on the head during their fight, leaving him in a borderline coma so in the moment when Goku jumps in to suggest using the DBs to discover the method for SSG, Yamcha jumps instead to fix his screw up with Oolong and suggests cooking an awesome meal to save the Earth.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:56 am

Chapter 2: The Worst Wish in History is here! If you're someone annoyed by the fact the Pilaf gang became children in BoG with no explanation, it gets one here along with how could the Pilaf gang possibly not get all their wishes granted if Shenron can hand out three of them now.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:02 am

Still today I am amazed at how much potential has been wasted in RoF. It could be the best dragon ball movie ever... instead
This is better than the movie in every way, as many other fan fiction.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 am

Gorou wrote:Still today I am amazed at how much potential has been wasted in RoF. It could be the best dragon ball movie ever... instead
This is better than the movie in every way, as many other fan fiction.
It's a damn shame yeah. It could've been The Empire Strikes Back of Dragon Ball movies but story-wise it just doesn't work.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Chapter 3 is up! I've you've ever wanted to see Piccolo help Gohan pick out an engagement ring for Videl (because of why wouldn't you?) look no further!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Piccolo helping Gohan pick out an engagement ring was wonderful. :mrgreen:

The Pilaf Gang were also handled much better here than they were in Resurrection F itself.

Keep it up, man. :thumbup:

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:52 pm

I had read a fanfic with same title a few months ago. Was it yours? It looks like the same. I'd say it was interesting.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Piccolo helping Gohan pick out an engagement ring was wonderful. :mrgreen:

The Pilaf Gang were also handled much better here than they were in Resurrection F itself.

Thanks! That scenes going to set up a little investigation from Piccolo in the next couple of chapters. It kind of bugged me in the film how he'd sensed something wrong, made an ominous comment about them being in trouble then does nothing to investigate the last usage of Shenron.
apex_pretador wrote:I had read a fanfic with same title a few months ago. Was it yours? It looks like the same. I'd say it was interesting.
If it's by a guy called ekrolo2 on FF.net then yeah, it was mine. It's pretty much unchanged from then minus some minor alterations.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:21 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Piccolo helping Gohan pick out an engagement ring was wonderful. :mrgreen:

Thanks! That scenes going to set up a little investigation from Piccolo in the next couple of chapters. It kind of bugged me in the film how he'd sensed something wrong, made an ominous comment about them being in trouble then does nothing to investigate the last usage of Shenron.
apex_pretador wrote:I had read a fanfic with same title a few months ago. Was it yours? It looks like the same. I'd say it was interesting.
If it's by a guy called ekrolo2 on FF.net then yeah, it was mine. It's pretty much unchanged from then minus some minor alterations.
I didn't notice the author's name but:
Also, I'll be waiting if you plan to make the sequel , which you hinted in the story

Good job, keep it up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Also, I'll be waiting if you plan to make the sequel , which you hinted in the story

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:

I know.
I had read it entirely in one sitting (till his death). Interesting enough to keep me bound
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:02 pm

It's a mostly Jaco centered chapter this time with his side job taking center stage. I'm almost considering doing either really long, episode titles or overblown comics style solicitations for these intros. Could be fun.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:09 pm

More Jaco is always welcome. He's one of the best things to come out of modern Dragon Ball.

Good chapter, btw. :)