The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Re: The Vicious Gods Wrath (Resurrection F Remake)

Post by nobody231 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:13 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:After nearly a month of absence, the final chapter titled "Victory" is here! I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you all for the sequel ;)
Great end! And those cliffhangers are chilling...
But a question: So... does this retcon the EoZ?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

nobody231 wrote:Great end! And those cliffhangers are chilling...
I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Whether or not I'm retconning EoZ depends on which ending I pick. I've got two in mind, one that's pretty optimistic and ties everything into a bow where it can move on to EoZ pretty seamlessly and another, more somber ending where the good guys win but at a cost which would make EoZ impossible. I'm leaning on the latter cause atm :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

nobody231
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nobody231 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:32 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
nobody231 wrote:Great end! And those cliffhangers are chilling...
I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

Whether or not I'm retconning EoZ depends on which ending I pick. I've got two in mind, one that's pretty optimistic and ties everything into a bow where it can move on to EoZ pretty seamlessly and another, more somber ending where the good guys win but at a cost which would make EoZ impossible. I'm leaning on the latter cause atm :P
Why not post one as the main ending, and then post the other one as a "what-if" scenario?

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 am

Oh Lord, if I needed any proof that I'm down the Dragon Ball hole for real, I just coughed it up.

ImmaDekker once made the wonderful observation that Dragon Ball GT tried to be a "writer's show", in that unlike Toriyama's slapdash storytelling, it tried to act as if consequences and implications mattered, and when compared to the source material that stands out almost immediately (GT's subsequent failure to deliver on that being part of what makes it so enjoyably bad :lol: ). Jason Thompson once coined a brilliant litmus test to distinguish shonen battle manga and fighting stories in general when reflecting over his marathoning the Naruto manga; so your story is violent- but is it cruel?

What does any of this have to do your story? Well the best thing about this is that I want to say that this is a downer ending in line with the tonal range of the source material, but I would lying. I would be lying boldly. That is the achievement; while some bits were necessarily rote ("New Namek has to go", "We're trying the cyborg thing again, guys"), here we have something that leans heavily on the scant threads tossed around in the series itself without dissolving into its own necessary cynicism. Even if this probably isn't what my ideal Resurrection F would have looked like, you nailed the sense of nostalgic weight you need to give Freeza's coming back any sort of meaning.
I'm sure a million and twelve other Dragon Ball fanfictions have done that, but all my blustering fanfiction and extraneous merchandise are two parts of fandom that I rarely indulge, so I wouldn't know.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:24 am

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Oh Lord, if I needed any proof that I'm down the Dragon Ball hole for real, I just coughed it up.

ImmaDekker once made the wonderful observation that Dragon Ball GT tried to be a "writer's show", in that unlike Toriyama's slapdash storytelling, it tried to act as if consequences and implications mattered, and when compared to the source material that stands out almost immediately (GT's subsequent failure to deliver on that being part of what makes it so enjoyably bad :lol: ). Jason Thompson once coined a brilliant litmus test to distinguish shonen battle manga and fighting stories in general when reflecting over his marathoning the Naruto manga; so your story is violent- but is it cruel?

What does any of this have to do your story? Well the best thing about this is that I want to say that this is a downer ending in line with the tonal range of the source material, but I would lying. I would be lying boldly. That is the achievement; while some bits were necessarily rote ("New Namek has to go", "We're trying the cyborg thing again, guys"), here we have something that leans heavily on the scant threads tossed around in the series itself without dissolving into its own necessary cynicism. Even if this probably isn't what my ideal Resurrection F would have looked like, you nailed the sense of nostalgic weight you need to give Freeza's coming back any sort of meaning.
I'm sure a million and twelve other Dragon Ball fanfictions have done that, but all my blustering fanfiction and extraneous merchandise are two parts of fandom that I rarely indulge, so I wouldn't know.
I really like a lot of the observations you pointed out but the one that I find most interesting is the one pertaining to cynicism. There's basically no way Toriyama would've done anything like this even in his "darkest" Freeza & Cell saga days. But as I've been planning out the sequel, I've asked myself how far into cynicism is too far before you start, as you put it, drowning yourself and the audience in it to the point where they don't want to write or read it anymore.

After breaking the "Clark Kent glasses illusion here" with making the story blatantly point out the ramifications of Saiyan logic and everyone's horrible reliance on plot devices and dumb luck to protect the planet,... I started wondering how far I could go with it, and it got really dark, really fast. Almost Alan Moore, Watchmen levels of deconstruction and I think that's a step too far. Plus it started going into subject matter I don't think people would really want in a Dragon Ball story and I don't think I'm qualified to write.

Which is why for all my
I've decided on the sequel being a mostly optimistic with some moments of darkness here and there instead of a predominately very dark story with a few bright spots here and there.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the story and reading it, hopefully I'll see you back for the sequel, whenever that happens.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri May 13, 2016 4:46 pm

I know I completed the story a little while ago, but before throwing myself completely into the sequel, I decided to give you guys a little sneak peak chapter into what Sorbet was up to during the last stages of the battle for Earth along with some information pertaining to his future plans! Hope you guys enjoy!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:55 pm

So, with the year drawing to a close I figured it was time to give you guys a status update on the sequel for this bad boy. It's going to be happening very soon. I've finally nailed down most of the concepts & character stuff I want to do and will start to work on it sometime in late January & early February when my college studies die down a bit.

The current title of it is "Empire's End". It was originally called "Wrath of the Super Saiyan's!" but the storyline has evolved past being just about Goku & Vegeta and is more about the overall fall of Freeza's recently resurgent empire across multiple fronts. I'm also thinking about incorporating the Goku Black remake as a potential third part of this possible trilogy but that's one of the few things I'm undecided about.

So yeah, for all 5 of you who remember this story, I hope you come back for the sequel and have a blast with it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Don't worry, I remember. :mrgreen:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Don't worry, I remember. :mrgreen:
Remember those happy thoughts when some of Beerus' less savory traits show up :P

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:41 pm

I still want to see a Cell saga remake. :thumbup:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:49 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:I still want to see a Cell saga remake. :thumbup:
There is, although that's kind of combining the Android arc with the Majin Boo arc. I was putting up here for a while but stopped when interest seemed to be non-existant.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Vicious Gods Wrath (RoF Remake - Under Reconstruction)

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

In preparation for the sequel, I've been going through the old chapters of the story and refining them for a better overall reading experience. Certain things are only touched up while others are completely rewritten from the ground up.

Since Kanzenshuu is a bit trickier for this kind of stuff, you can read the update version of the story in the link below, so far, 8 chapters of 26 are done with more updates expected to come soon:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ke.478483/

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 pm

'sigh' my only wish for this story, was that it was the actual Resurrection of F. :( A man can dream though, a man can dream

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:In preparation for the sequel, I've been going through the old chapters of the story and refining them for a better overall reading experience. Certain things are only touched up while others are completely rewritten from the ground up.

Since Kanzenshuu is a bit trickier for this kind of stuff, you can read the update version of the story in the link below, so far, 8 chapters of 26 are done with more updates expected to come soon:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... ke.478483/
When do you think the sequel will be up?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:01 pm

dragonballhero wrote:When do you think the sequel will be up?
Assuming I can finish updating the original story by February and my college exams go well, February should be when it kicks off.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:When do you think the sequel will be up?
Assuming I can finish updating the original story by February and my college exams go well, February should be when it kicks off.
What a month February will be, what a wait February will be. And yet time seems to be going half as fast, as I wait for the squeal to the vicious god's wrath

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Just an update for everyone: the story will not start off in February. Probably not until summer.

When I made the announcement, I wasn't aware of my college moving up the schedule a whole week-in-advance, meaning that by the 20th of February I'll be back in classes when I expected to begin only at the beginning of March. This, coupled with a big oral exam I have left for the next few days has left me unable to write much of anything besides a very, very rough cut of the first chapter which isn't ready for release.

This is probably for the best since summertime is usually when I'm most interested in writing and have the a massive amount of time to do it too.

In better news, I've finished rewriting the original Vicious Gods Wrath! Pretty much every chapter has some edits of varying degrees to small alterations made to enhance the prose for a better reading experience to entire chunks completely re-written to include more consistent and/or interesting character motivations. You can find the refined, "directors cut" version of the story in the following links:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... 483/reader

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11161847/1 ... Gods-Wrath

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Out of curiosity, what course are you taking at college?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:Out of curiosity, what course are you taking at college?
It's an economics college with a course specializing more on tourism. I went to a tourism based high-school (most of the one's in Croatia work like this so you can just finish high-school and be ready to go to work if you don't wanna do college) so this seemed like a logical next step.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:16 am

Before I get to work on the sequel, I've been thinking about a small AU for the story where Freeza wins. I'll try to have it done within the next few days but here's a little preview to hold you over:

[spoiler]"Your final wish has been granted, fare thee well!"

The Eternal Dragon's body evaporates into an incalculable number of green orbs barely the size of a fly returning the creature to whatever realm he resides. With his disappearance, the seven Dragon Balls lift high into the sky, circling one another for their imminent scattering across the Earth.

Six of them succeed, one does not.

With ease, Freeza catches the one most appropriate as a slight against Goku and his companions, the four-star ball. The one which holds great sentimental value for his loathsome Saiyan nemesis. Though he expects everything to conclude with a decisive victory on his behalf, Freeza has no intention of leaving anything to chance.

If I fall, you will not so easily save your monkey spawn, Even in defeat, Freeza will ensure what he breaks will stay broken. Your Dragon Balls won't fix everything for you this time.

He flings the ball across the planet with a small flick of his wrist, aiming it for the same vessel currently loading the defeated Saiyan half-breeds and the one known as Fortuneteller Baba. The woman capable of returning the dead to do battle again for a single day.

Freeza can't help but chuckle at his enemies nearly comical number of cheats, even after studying them so thoroughly.

The thought lingers even when he reactivates his holo computer to discover the cause for it's beeping. From the live spy bot footage, Freeza can see the promising results of his soldier's actions. West City lies in ashes. Its structures are all but wiped out. The citizens flee for their worthless little lives and the cliffs crumble away.

However, the fact most of his men are dead is what causes the beeping. His army of one thousand, though successful and striking down Goku's Earthling allies, did not survive the skirmish. Aka has fallen as well, leaving only Shisami who's busy still clashing with the Namekian.

Out of all of them, Piccolo will know how to contact Goku and Vegeta best, He smiles. Oh, the look of horror on his face when I break the news...

He almost takes off to do just that, but as he ponders the cheating of his enemies and Namekian's, Freeza's focus lands on something he thought only to use afterward: The Room of Spirit and Time. From the first moment he discovered it years ago, Freeza's often pondered how to replicate such a marvel or to gain access to it with little success in either respects.

Whatever created it was a thing of magic, much like the Dragon Balls. For now, nothing of pure science can replicate its abilities. Sneaking onto the planet to use it then flee back into the dark corners of the universe with none the wiser seemed an entertaining idea but one he ultimately voted against pursuing. The risk of another, permanent death was too high for his liking.

Now the situation is far different. The children who could have squashed him like an insect, some of the strongest in the universe, can't put a dent in him. Even their fathers, whose clash he sensed from afar following Vegeta's Super Saiyan God ritual months prior proved a sizable divide himself and the two Saiyan's, prompting today's invasion.

With his various contingencies in place, even if his assertion is ultimately proven wrong, he knows the two of them can't kill him. Beerus, however, is another matter entirely. Just as briefly as sneaking into the Room of Spirit and Time, Freeza entertained the thought of using bribery to buy time against Beerus. A worthless exercise, for their last encounter, concluded with Freeza lashing out with all of his previous power against the God of Destruction and failing.

Beerus' laziness with regards to ending the Saiyan species and his subsequent "request" to finish them for him saved Freeza's life. Their fate was sealed when their low-level warriors began conquering worlds Freeza's elite couldn't, even the Ginyu's. As was Freeza's when he chose to oppose Beerus, he can't tolerate the thought of someone above him and Beerus realized the depths of his indignation at that moment.

Immortality was supposed to fix this problem of mine, The recently closed palm wound, however, shows a harsher truth. No, food and flattery will fall on deaf ears when next we meet. That much is certain, time to make the ending of this encounter as assured.[/spoiler]