My Last AMV - Majin Planet Productions

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinPlanet

My Last AMV - Majin Planet Productions

Post by MajinPlanet » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello everyone, I'd like to take a moment and share my last music video for my website Majin Planet, under the banner of Majin Planet Productions. Released yesterday April 1st. My last music video called "Unrivaled" was released you can watch it below. If you like you can read the official page here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8VCcWqnB08

Unrivaled was first created on August 22, 2007. The song used is by Papa Roach “To be Loved”.

A little bit about the video
Sadly Unrivaled is sort of unfinished. There has been many times I’ve thought about putting the video into the editor and redoing it. Because that is what it would take, the full project, clips and everything for this video are gone. I would need to redo the whole thing and to be honest I’m rusty and I don’t think I personally can do any better than this. The video is good, I like it and I’m able to watch it over and over and have done so for years now. Never having the guts to really put it out there given I’ve never been know as a good music video editor and I don’t expect this to put me on the same level as the greats of Majin Planet. My hope is to simply have a music video that I am proud of and that fans can enjoy it.

Thank you for watching the video and any likes, shares or comments would be awesome. As well as any questions you might have. I also understand that the video is low quality, the version I have is 720p but for some reason on YouTube it only uploaded to 480p. I will be putting it on my AnimeMusicVideo.org profile here rather soon so hopefully everyone can enjoy the higher quality version.
I'm a gamer and writer. I enjoy web design and love to have fun!

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie

Re: My Last AMV - Majin Planet Productions

Post by Gokitalo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Aw, the last one? What a pity. I think a lot of Dragon Ball Z fans from the early 2000s have fond memories of Majin Planet. I think you guys were among the people who, along with FUNimation itself (especially in movies like “Lord Slug”) helped draw a link between Dragon Ball Z and the rock/alt rock/etc. music of the era. I was watching a lot of DBZ music videos during the show’s run on Toonami, and Majin Planet was definitely one of the sites I kept an eye on.

Anyway, even though it’s your last video, I hope you keep the site up for a while. I’m looking forward to checking out the vids I missed out on the first time, as well as revisiting old favorites (like “Unity”—woo!). Plus there’s that fan fiction Verto did that I’ve yet to check out!

P.S. about being “rusty”… I wouldn’t worry so much about that. Skill doesn’t magically vanish just because we don’t do something for a while, you know? It’s like riding a bike—the knowledge is still in there and can always come back when needed. If you ever get the urge to go back and finish these up, or start up a new project, I say go for it.

MajinPlanet

Post by MajinPlanet » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Thank you very much for your kind words. All of Majin Planet's past music videos are on the website using YouTube. So all the old ones you enjoyed as well as the one's you missed are still there. Yes Majin Planet is still up and kicking, updated everyday. It's good to hear that there are still people who remember the old site. While not as popular as this website and others given things but I still find Majin Planet to be a true fan website. Given or take that for what you wish. As for the last music video, it's my personal last video for the website but might not be the last ever or be done by Majin Planet.

Basically Majin Planet Productions which was the studio I ran when I took over is now over and a new generation of music video editors to come and take our pace and create maybe amazing videos like Unity that you enjoy so much. Thanks for the feedback and stay tune because not going anywhere.

Netter75

Post by Netter75 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm super bummed that I've only discovered your videos as you officially sign-off. Sorry to hear you've given up the trade. Thanks for sharing though. Even if it is unfinished, "Unrivaled" shows you've got some skill.

I'm currently going through the Majin Planet Vault playlist and enjoying every minute of it. Its great that these videos have been preserved as I really like the style that older AMVs for Dragon Ball usually took on. It says something when the video can be effective without the aid of HD footage and fancy effects that most modern AMVs use.
Working on AMVs for every major Dragon Ball character from Piccolo to Puar :crazy:
Playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8PEvVt1fQW

MajinPlanet

Post by MajinPlanet » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Don't be bummed out, all good things or okay things as some might say have to come to an end. The website has always been working and growing hard to become a great website in its own right. There is a ton of information coming out about Dragon Ball these days, sadly the choose to switch away from being all about it faded away years ago. Even with the pushes, I've given to keep up. I have a job, full-time so it's hard, very hard to stay up to date on what's going on in Japan with Dragon Ball. I was almost never first one news or reviews when it came to episodes (super) or other things.

That's just the nature of the beast when you have a team of people; especially when some of them live in different time zones, work different hours, etc you're about to get the news out right away. Yes, I did my best to make sure all the past videos didn't fade away with time. Granted I know some people won't see them as a classic due to how poor the videos look. When comparing to the full HD videos we get today.

But thank you for taking the time to watch and to comment. I know I've been away from here for a long time. Work, life and other projects sort of sometimes prevent me from posting on forums I enjoy posting on as well as just read.