Bardock Special Extended Edition [v1 is out and v2 pending!]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Bardock Special Extended Edition [v1 is out and v2 pending!]

Post by Ohms » Wed May 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Hey guys! I spent about a week on this. It's based on an idea DNA had way back on the Daizensuu EX fourms. (there was even a podcast on it!)

Original Topic: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=16194

This idea was of course, to flesh out the Bardock special by including footage from the television series. Now I know our site master, Mike "Vegetto EX" has already put his amazing editing skills to this and I can't hope to do any better; but I'm never gonna get to see his version and I've really wanted to for years now.

I'm using Dragon Box footage for the the DBZ episodes however I sadly have no access to a none cropped release of the Bardock special so I'm going to have to crop the video. "shudders"(unless someone wants to donate a Dragon Box rip). At the request of a QC, the eye catches have also been removed to create a more cinematic experience.

Initially I was also planing on dual audio, however the addition of extra dialogue by Funimation made it hard and the fact that Kaio's dub voice is not the narrator's voice means the prologue scene can't work. Unless of course a fan dubs the narrator's voice or something. So as of now it's just in Japanese and it's gonna be soft coded with the official subtitles.

So here is the layout of the special:
Now obviously; I can't post a release of this directly on Kanzenshuu so here is the link to my Trello; where you should be able to find the link: https://trello.com/b/ONtTff6V/feeso-s-edits

I'd appreciate any feed back or opinions on this, I hope I'm not alone in my desire to see an extended Bardock special.

Here is an old screen shot of the time line
Last edited by Ohms on Wed May 18, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Bardock Special Extended Edition

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed May 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm really happy to see all these fan projects making the existing material even more interesting. Wish I'd have the skills to do something like this.

Nice idea! Keep up the good work :D
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 11, 2016 7:52 pm

Looking forward to watch it, thank you for your hard work :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 12, 2016 8:34 am

Hmm. This looks very intrigued. Very interested in seeing the final product, even though I'm pretty burned out on Bardock.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Fri May 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Since I made this post I've updated a few things, I edited out all the eye catches, fixed the BGM at the end of the movie, updated the credits a bit and finally after a discussion with a friend, I decided I would try and include Broly and Coola if I could find a way to make it a cameo. If either of them intruded or distracted from Bardock's tale, they won't be kept.

I added the scene of Broly being annoyed by baby Goku right after Bardock faints on Kanasa but before Vegeta fights the Saibaimen. After removing the lines about his power level, I feel this scene doesn't intrude much, the Broly stuff would not seem important to a first time viewer. The scene of Paragus confronting KIng Vegeta won't be included. At the moment I haven't added Coola's scene but if I do it'll be brief.

Other than adding Coola's scene and fixing the timing I think it's done. I did want to add a more accurate flash forward scene of Bardock seeing Goku vs Freeza but I couldn't find an appropriate shot.

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Bardock Special Extended Edition [V1 100% Finished]

Post by Ohms » Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Thanks to those who have shown interest in this.

I'm happy to say this project is finished and out now!! I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think.
(I know it's not perfect, but heck there can always be a v2 if needed. lol)

So how can you get it? Well I can't post it here of course, so hopefully this works out.

https://trello.com/b/ONtTff6V/feeso-s-edits

This is a link to my Trello board, it's a kind of social media that helps teams and spectators of said teams to keep track of progress on certain projects. I put a link in the description of the Bardock edit. Hopefully this method is like Ajay's Twitter solution and will be acceptable here, if not I'll remove it. Please try and support the offcial release.

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Bardock Special Extended Edition [100% Finished!!!]

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:16 am

I'm going to watch this. If I like it, can we talk about it on a video?
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon May 16, 2016 3:38 am

Can't wait to watch this, also how long do you think it'd take to cut the filler out of One Piece? I'm very interested in that as well. Great Job! :)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 5:38 am

Xeztin wrote:Can't wait to watch this, also how long do you think it'd take to cut the filler out of One Piece? I'm very interested in that as well. Great Job! :)
A bunch of guys over on the Arlong Park forums are pretty far into doing that. Google 'One Pace' for more info. It's incredibly well done.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Mon May 16, 2016 11:08 am

Geekdom101 wrote:I'm going to watch this. If I like it, can we talk about it on a video?
Wow I wasn't expecting this. That would be awesome if you did, I'm a huge fan of your videos. Hope you like it XD
Xeztin wrote:Can't wait to watch this, also how long do you think it'd take to cut the filler out of One Piece? I'm very interested in that as well. Great Job! :)
Completing One Piece will take a while ,but so far the team has done th following arcs: Romance Dawn, Buggy, Logue Town, Reverse Mountain, Davy Back Fight, Thriller Bark, Saboady, Amazon Lily, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard and half of Dressrosa.

We're moving on to Impel Down and Skypeia next.
Ajay wrote: A bunch of guys over on the Arlong Park forums are pretty far into doing that. Google 'One Pace' for more info. It's incredibly well done.
Thanks for spreading the word about us! You probably didn't know but I'm part of that team XD. I usually go by the name Feeso but the name didn't work here. Thanks for saying we do good work but personally I think your job on Resurrection F is much better than anything I've done for One Pace.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon May 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Ohms wrote:
Ajay wrote: A bunch of guys over on the Arlong Park forums are pretty far into doing that. Google 'One Pace' for more info. It's incredibly well done.
Thanks for spreading the word about us! You probably didn't know but I'm part of that team XD. I usually go by the name Feeso but the name didn't work here. Thanks for saying we do good work but personally I think your job on Resurrection F is much better than anything I've done for One Pace.
Oh right! Well there you go, then. I had no idea.

Thanks for the kind words. Your project was one of the most helpful tools in me catching up with One Piece. I don't think I'd have made it through Thriller Bark let alone the first half of Dress Rosa if it weren't for the team's edit.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Mon May 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Ajay wrote:
Ohms wrote:
Oh right! Well there you go, then. I had no idea.

Thanks for the kind words. Your project was one of the most helpful tools in me catching up with One Piece. I don't think I'd have made it through Thriller Bark let alone the first half of Dress Rosa if it weren't for the team's edit.
Haha NP and that's awesome that it helped you catch up. Sewil did a great job on those TB episodes. I'm glad you liked them.

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: Bardock Special Extended Edition [v1 100% Finished!]

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:49 am

whats the easiest way to get ahold of you?

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Wed May 18, 2016 3:07 am

Geekdom101 wrote:whats the easiest way to get ahold of you?
Either through PMs here or through my Skype which I can provide via PM.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:08 am

Ohms wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:whats the easiest way to get ahold of you?
Either through PMs here or through my Skype which I can provide via PM.
Send me that PM please.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Wed May 18, 2016 3:23 am

Thank you so much to everyone who has watched this and supported the project. I am happy to announce that there will be a version 2 of this.

What will change?

Someone has graciously offered to donate a RIP of Dragon Box footage for the Bardock special as well as the 2 movies, so the next version will be 4:3!
In addition, I intend to use this opportunity to correct a couple of editing mistakes that were missed during QC. Most importantly however, is that there is hopefully going to be an accurate fan dub track, making the next release dual audio. We are hopping to get many people who previously contributed to Bardock fan dubs to reprise their roles, so stay tuned for more information regarding that!

So this project is officially still on going, please consider the previous release a proof of concept, not a final product (v1 will remain up for now, but please be aware that there are some things that will be improved for the final release).

That all being said I would appreciate any and all feed back and opinions anyone has on this. Are there changes you'd like to see happen? is there any footage you'd like to see added or removed?

I would love to know! Regardless thanks for the support and please stay tuned.

EDIT:
Geekdom101 wrote: Send me that PM please.
Sure thing!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 am

I mean... I guess I could finish mine...

I don't do well with competition :twisted:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed May 18, 2016 12:03 pm

So is the webmaster Goku or Vegeta in this competition? :lol:

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Wed May 18, 2016 3:16 pm

VegettoEX wrote:I mean... I guess I could finish mine...

I don't do well with competition :twisted:

Haha I'm sure your's would be better if you did continue, but I don't really think of it as competition anyway. I only made my version because I always wanted to see this project done, ever since I heard you and kaboom talking about it on the podcast (huge fan btw).

Now that I have access to better footage and have had some good feed back on which cuts I should improve, I'm looking forward to making v2 but this time giving it more care and atension, especially with the possibility of a accurate fan dub track. If you really want to resume your own version by all means (I can't stop you lol) bur if you just wanna give me feed back on how to improve I'm open to that too :D :D

coola
I Live Here

Re: Bardock Special Extended Edition [v1 is out and v2 pendi

Post by coola » Wed May 18, 2016 5:46 pm

Just finished watching it, and besides 16:9 ratio, i think you did great job, didn't noticed any problems, i especially loved that fade into title card, right after King Vegeta speech :) But boy is there a noticable animation quality drop during TV scenes, especially during that last part, it seemed to be done by same animator, who did Lupin Vegeta :D
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015