Dragon Ball Multiverse AudioDrama

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LittleNeko23

Dragon Ball Multiverse AudioDrama

Post by LittleNeko23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:19 am

Hey All, This is LittleNeko23 and I plan to do a full Audio drama of DBM!

I've seen animated works and abridges of this series but they never finish. plan for the entire comic to be turned into a audiobook so to speak meaning while in the video you'll see panels from the actual comic but with voice actors whom I'll find on BehindTheVoiceActors(dot)com or here.
I need support however. I'm just a simple script writer with a vision. An editor is needed first and foremost someone dependable to get the recordings in order and while I have no experience personally with Youtube's editing system I can try to learn it.

Please comment if you'd like to be part of the team and of you wish to be a potential VA I'll write it down for later so when we need VA's you'll be the first group to know!

Many thanks to Salagir and Gogeta Jr for giving me permission it's an honor and I hope it does well, and to every translator and assistant of their's :thumbup: you guys are amazing.

Link to original website: http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/chapters.html
Last edited by LittleNeko23 on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Muliverse AudioDrama

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:31 am

I might try out as a voice actor; who knows?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:22 am

I`d love to be a VA in it, and I would also suggest asking El Diabeedus! :D

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 am

I do not know that I would yet be in position to do recordings just yet, depending on when this project really gets rocking and rolling, but if so, I would definitely be up for auditioning for a few characters.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:35 pm

songohan619 wrote:I`d love to be a VA in it, and I would also suggest asking El Diabeedus! :D
I'll keep you and the poster above in my list and i will pm El Diabeetus. Hope (s)he accepts

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:53 pm

UPDATE: El Diabeetus is on board!

4 chapter scripts are completed. VA posting might be sooner than expected once I get an editer.

Also sorry the "Multiverse" in the title is wrong :oops: my T key was broke and I didn't notice until after posting

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 am

I would like to join as a VA. I've got four dubbed videos on youtube. I'll link them here when I have a free moment. I have a Goku Black dub on this forum too.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 pm

...how exactly will an audio drama of a series known for its fights work?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:10 pm

The same way a lot of other audio dramas based on comics do - you'll see panels of the comic in question on screen while the corresponding lines/sound effects/etc. for that particular scene play out.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:11 pm

I imagine they'll be writing appropriate and exciting narration for those sections. It isn't exactly unheard of in audio dramas. :)

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Exactly. I plan for music and the VAs will do appropriate grunts and battle noises. This all depends on the editor or a seprate sound person.

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:51 pm

I'd love to be a part of this. I have plenty of parody videos on YouTube (account name SuperVegitoSSJ2) It'd be great if I could voice Vegito if a singular voice is wanted for him, if not I can try other characters.

Video with my Vegito voice https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ieFUUECYQ
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:29 pm

I can do a mean Justin Cook Raditz.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:06 am

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/mem ... ultiverse/

There and let me know if you came from here ib the below comment section

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:23 pm

I've already recorded some grunts and the like for Zen Buu, as well as those two lines of dialogue you mentioned. Would it be ok if I sent you a few more lines of dialogue from him though? I feel like the dude would require a wide variety of different kinds of line reads; he can be everything from funny, to sardonic, to stoic and cold, to outright MENACING, and I wanted to give you lines for all those different modes.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:40 pm

Sure,
Here's my info again.
Email: dididorsey@gmail.com

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Will definitely try to get some auditions in for a few people tomorrow if I can, though I still need to get around to getting a better mic before I really, truly get serious about getting back into the fan voice-over community. My current one along with Audacity is usually able to turn out decently enough though.

That said though, quick question - is that just the first wave of characters or something? Cuz there's a lot more people that we've seen, and had seen even just in the first so many chapters and stuff. Or are unlisted characters already cast?

Edit: Ack, duh, somehow completely missed the note on the audition page specifically saying you're still adding people. Gyt 0, Reading Comprehension 1.
Twitter

LittleNeko23

Post by LittleNeko23 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Quick little poll bought to my attention by Fionordequester (our new Zen Buu and co writer :clap: )

it could probably be a better idea to have the entire story in audio format on a podcast as well as using the novelitazion instead of the comic. it'll be like a real audio book and fight scenes will still have dramatic music, sound effect and of course the voice acting cues.

But I want to know what you guys think. the original idea or this one?

songohan619
Patreon Supporter

Post by songohan619 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:39 am

I got cast as Neko Majin!!!! :D

LittleNeko23

Re: Dragon Ball Multiverse AudioDrama

Post by LittleNeko23 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:37 pm

A lot of progress had been made but many characters are still up for grabs both canons and the Original ones.

the scripts are being made and passed out as well as a few VA's starting recording.