Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.1.0 "Freeza"]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CWCprime

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.0.4 "Ebifurya" released!]

Post by CWCprime » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:46 pm

Apologies for the double post. I don't see an edit button.

But I just wanted to ask quickly what the "Signs" subtitles were on certain episodes. Looking at them through SubExtractor, they look like they would've been with the other subtitles on a single track on the Blue Bricks, but here they are a separate track?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looking through the main subtitle track also reveals their existance their too. Still curious though about the separate track.

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.0.4 "Ebifurya" released!]

Post by thejeremymenace » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 pm

It's just a separate subtitle track from the DVD. The 'Subtitles' track has full English dialogue subs, while the 'Signs' track is for when the English dub is selected, translating signs, like the Tenkaichi Budoukai banner, for instance.
デデーン
Twitter: @gravitypriest
Dragon Radar ~ Subtitles for the Dragon Box Thread | Download | Source
Dragon Ball dialogue bot @dbz_ebooks | Thread | Source

CWCprime

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.1.0 "Freeza"]

Post by CWCprime » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Don't know if this is just me, but episode 10 of Dragon Ball was mysteriously missing the subtitles for the ED. I went back and checked the Blue Brick DVD, and they were there, so I don't know if something went wrong in the whole retiming & remuxing process or what. They were easy enough to add back in, since I've been converting the re-timed subs into editable .ASS files, but I thought I'd point it out all the same.

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 pm

That's a quirk I've also noticed and I'm still unsure of the cause. It's only that episode too.
デデーン

dbzj14

Post by dbzj14 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:20 pm

I had a question about your dragon radar.

I would like to have a single ISO that uses the R2 video with the R1 audio & English subtitles (for the dragon box z discs, then use the blue & green bricks for DB/GT).

Is it possible to use the dragon radar to get the sync & timing information for the subtitles and audio tracks so that I can manually use a DVD authoring program to add the subtitles & audio and sync then using the values from the dragon radar to create a new ISO?

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Thu May 04, 2017 10:57 am

Responded to your PM about this but it may be worth repeating here:

It's possible to do it, but it's a far more complicated process than it sounds, and right now it can't be automated. You also need to re-encode all the audio tracks at a lower quality to make them fit on the disc.

viewtopic.php?p=989734#p989734
デデーン

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Sat May 06, 2017 4:40 pm

thejeremymenace wrote:It varies by episode. All the stuff in the Dragon Radar data file came from manually syncing episodes by subtracting or adding video frames. For example...

Code: Select all

"DB": {
		"op": {
			"offset": 40
		},
		"001": {
			"prologue": {
				"frame": 3300,
				"offset": 15
			},
			"partB": {
				"frame": 21691,
				"offset": 10
			},
			"ED": {
				"frame": 40590,
				"offset": 5
			}
		},
...means that for DB episode 1, 40 frames are removed from before the OP, 15 frames removed between the OP and prologue, 10 frames removed between A and B parts, and 5 frames removed between the B part and ED.

Of course this scheme won't work for the Blu-rays, since the offsets are almost certainly different, and because those run at 23.976fps and not 29.97fps. Supporting the BD in Dragon Radar would require once again syncing 291 episodes.

Once you have the offsets, audio is then retimed by converting the frame offsets to milliseconds and plugging those times into Delaycut to losslessly edit the files. Sub retiming is just a matter of adjusting the timestamps in the .idx file.

You can use MKVToolnix to adjust delay and cut the files but it's going to get very complex before long.
Do I have to convert the offset to 23,976fps or only the "frame" part?

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Sun May 07, 2017 1:32 pm

It'd be both, but just processing the numbers isn't guaranteed to be accurate. Computing these offsets against a 23.976 rate is a little different than just a multiplication. You really need to check the video to get accurate numbers.
デデーン

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Sun May 07, 2017 1:34 pm

Yeah I recently noticed that, it really is a pain in the butt.

Falafel The Waffle

Post by Falafel The Waffle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:25 pm

Ok so apparently I'm dumb and I can't even do any episodes. When I open the command prompt every time the PGCDemux path is invalid and I have no idea what to do. This is probably a dumb question for most, but all this stuff with command prompt and file paths is very new to me.

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Falafel The Waffle wrote:Ok so apparently I'm dumb and I can't even do any episodes. When I open the command prompt every time the PGCDemux path is invalid and I have no idea what to do. This is probably a dumb question for most, but all this stuff with command prompt and file paths is very new to me.
Try opening the command prompt from the folder. Just click once on the directory, type cmd and then enter. I hope I've explained myself properly.

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi, are you still working on this? I'm quite interested in the ability to sync the Dragon Boxes to the Funimation 2000s DVDs.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:32 pm

This is cool :)

Would this work with GT and Dragon Ball as well or is this strictly for Z?
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:29 pm

It also works for GT.

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Hey, thejeremymenace! I was curious if you were gonna continue work on the Dragon Radar and perhaps try to implement support for the recently announced Toei Blu-rays of the original movies. Thanks!

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:55 pm

I'm trying to use this, but when it gets to the VSRip portion it keeps saying "Bad packet header found, do you want to continue?"

Am I doing something wrong?
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.