Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.1.0 "Freeza"]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.0.3 "Daimao" released!]

Post by Danfun64 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:33 am

simtek34 wrote:Can you just add the GT NEP by yourself minus the DVD singles?
Using what?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs and audio for your JP Dragon Box

Post by simtek34 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

thejeremymenace wrote:Didn't know about the extended RTD -- pretty neat!

As for the Faulconer OP, the non-voiced version has a different guitar lead, so that was my incentive to 'extend' this one instead.
You could mix that with the Faulconer ED Theme which is 0:30, but has no voices and has the same Guitar lead.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.0.4 "Ebifurya" released!]

Post by simtek34 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Sorry for Double-Posting, but does this support the DBox Singles? Since I am thinking of buying some for DB and the movies.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Radar ~ English subs & audio for your Dragon Box [v1.0.4 "Ebifurya" released!]

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:36 am

Yes, it does. You'll just need to rename some of your DVD's folders.

shenron002
Beyond Newbie

Post by shenron002 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Well technically.... there is a version of the Dragon Boxes with Bruce Faulconer music and Dale Kelly voice now. I know this because I created it, and it took me close to five years to resync 291 episodes. I called it "Project Box Z" it spans about 75 DVDs on single layers, 4 episodes per disc, sometimes 3, the video and audio are lossless. I used the Dragon Boxes as video, the Funimation singles as audio, and I used the episode previews I recorded off of Cartoon network around the year 2000. I own every DVD Funimation has ever produced, I been a fan since 1995/1996, I am generation 1 super collector :)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x143q ... shortfilms
"WE GOTTA POWER"

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:02 pm

Is this lossless? I've always ripped my DVDs and Blu-rays using MakeMKV, never to VOB folders with programs like DVDFab, which looks like it tries to compress the video and audio, or am I mistaken?

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:11 pm

Has anyone managed to sync the Blu-rays audio? I know I have to remove some seconds at the intro and before part 2 starts, but I don't know exactly how many freaking seconds. I tried removing 1.03 seconds and it is pretty much synced, but I think it could a little bit better. Don't know, maybe I'm being a little nitpicky.

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:48 am

CWCprime wrote:Is this lossless? I've always ripped my DVDs and Blu-rays using MakeMKV, never to VOB folders with programs like DVDFab, which looks like it tries to compress the video and audio, or am I mistaken?
DVDFab does have options to compress, but it can also do lossless disc rips.
Deli295 wrote:Has anyone managed to sync the Blu-rays audio? I know I have to remove some seconds at the intro and before part 2 starts, but I don't know exactly how many freaking seconds. I tried removing 1.03 seconds and it is pretty much synced, but I think it could a little bit better. Don't know, maybe I'm being a little nitpicky.
To sync the audio perfectly, you need to adjust at 4 points: the OP, the start of the episode, the eyecatch, and the ending.
デデーン
Twitter: @gravitypriest
Dragon Radar ~ Subtitles for the Dragon Box Thread | Download | Source
Dragon Ball dialogue bot @dbz_ebooks | Thread | Source

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Exactly how many seconds? Also should I use MKV Toolnix or is there anything better?

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:50 pm

It varies by episode. All the stuff in the Dragon Radar data file came from manually syncing episodes by subtracting or adding video frames. For example...

Code: Select all

"DB": {
		"op": {
			"offset": 40
		},
		"001": {
			"prologue": {
				"frame": 3300,
				"offset": 15
			},
			"partB": {
				"frame": 21691,
				"offset": 10
			},
			"ED": {
				"frame": 40590,
				"offset": 5
			}
		},
...means that for DB episode 1, 40 frames are removed from before the OP, 15 frames removed between the OP and prologue, 10 frames removed between A and B parts, and 5 frames removed between the B part and ED.

Of course this scheme won't work for the Blu-rays, since the offsets are almost certainly different, and because those run at 23.976fps and not 29.97fps. Supporting the BD in Dragon Radar would require once again syncing 291 episodes.

Once you have the offsets, audio is then retimed by converting the frame offsets to milliseconds and plugging those times into Delaycut to losslessly edit the files. Sub retiming is just a matter of adjusting the timestamps in the .idx file.

You can use MKVToolnix to adjust delay and cut the files but it's going to get very complex before long.
デデーン

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Well thanks, what a complex task!

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Do I need to have the three releases? I was only using the R2 Dragon Box and the R1 Dragon Box.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 am

Try adding --r1-dbox after --series DBZ
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Deli295

Post by Deli295 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks, but now I get this:
What can I do?

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:53 pm

So... it's a known bug that there are some issues using the R1 Dragon Box. Ripping the disc doesn't give a reliable way to find which episode corresponds to which VID on the disc... so the ones packaged in the config file are essentially wrong, depending on your disc rip. I was planning to add a feature that auto-detects it but I haven't gotten around to it yet. If you want to contact me via PM I could try to help out with your case and maybe I can figure something out.
デデーン

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Okay, I've used the Dragon Radar on about 40 episodes of the original Dragon Ball, and I'm a coming across a couple of errors.

The first, most common error, appears in the Dragon Radar command window:

"Retiming audio...
Delaycut had non-zero exit code (1). Aborting."

So far, this has happened on episodes 7, 14, 21, 28, 31, and 38. They don't appear to be random episodes, but rather the last episode on a disc from the Blue Bricks.

The second error has happened twice on episodes 8 and 22, and appears in the VobSub Ripper Wizard:

"ERROR: No valid vob/cell id set to be extacted!"

I did opt to rip the discs using DVD Shrink rather than DVDFab. DVD Shrink can "shrink" the DVD by not ripping certain aspects of it, but I'm pretty sure I set it to rip the entire disc. Regardless, I'm afraid that these errors are on my end because of using a different ripper than what was recommended. If need be, I will re-rip the discs, but I'm posting these errors in case the cause lies elsewhere.

Thanks.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Rips from DVD Shrink typically aren't 1:1 copies of the DVDs, often causing recompression and a resulting loss of quality. You'll need a 1:1 rip for best quality and compatibility.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Danfun64 wrote:Rips from DVD Shrink typically aren't 1:1 copies of the DVDs, often causing recompression and a resulting loss of quality. You'll need a 1:1 rip for best quality and compatibility.
1) DVD Shrink has a lossless, zero compression option.

2) I highly doubt any compression or loss of quality would result in the errors I listed above, which both have to do with the audio and subtitles.

thejeremymenace
Beyond Newbie

Post by thejeremymenace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:06 pm

It's possible DVD Shrink may be modifying the VID table in some way. I highly recommend doing 1:1 rips of those discs for compatibility -- DVDfab is my recommended tool. I will experiment with DVD Shrink and see if I can replicate these errors. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.
デデーン

CWCprime

Post by CWCprime » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm in the early process of re-ripping my Blue Bricks with DVDFab, and decided to re-test some of the early episodes in question. They now work! Episodes 7 and 14 did not reproduce the first error, and episode 8 did not reproduce the second error.

So, I guess DVD Shrink was the issue. I had thought DVD Shrink was faster than DVDFab (even though looking at them now, they are about the same). Regardless, DVD Shrink is a dead program that hasn't been updated in over 10 years. And apparently the "official" website download has malware (I downloaded it through VideoHelp). So, yeah...

I'll keep ripping. If you don't hear back from me, then everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the program! You are a godsend! I was in the middle of doing my own subtitle retiming with Aegisub when I came across this. The retimed audio is also a nice bonus!