Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Kai Recut [COMPLETE]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kacarrot

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Kai Recut [WORK IN PROGRESS], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WORK IN PROGRESS]

Post by Kacarrot » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 am

When can we expect the dbz recut to come out? :?:

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Recut [COMPLETE], Dragon Ball Z Kai Recut [WORK IN PROGRESS], Dragon Ball Z Recut [WORK IN PROGRESS]

Post by sangofe » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 am

Guys. He's doing this in his free time. It's not his job. I doubt he can say when he'll be done.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:48 am

Kacarrot wrote:When can we expect the dbz recut to come out? :?:
I could be wrong, but I think Kai will come before Z.

This is one of those threads I check regularly because I eagerly anticipate more from this project (especially Z) but I don't think we should expect anything within any given time frame, as it is after all a fan project done out of love.

Falafel The Waffle

Post by Falafel The Waffle » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:49 pm

I know someone people might think doing a Kai and a Z Recut is pointless, but for Japanese fans Z recut would be better due to the original voice acting and the original music. Kai Recut would be English dub fans for the better voice acting and the better script. For Z Recut I’m assuming you are doing it for English too, but will the Z Recut English dub include the Faulconer score? I don’t personally care about that score, but it seems like editing around that would be really hard due to the fact that the Faulconer music is always playing.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Falafel The Waffle wrote:I know someone people might think doing a Kai and a Z Recut is pointless, but for Japanese fans Z recut would be better due to the original voice acting and the original music. Kai Recut would be English dub fans for the better voice acting and the better script. For Z Recut I’m assuming you are doing it for English too, but will the Z Recut English dub include the Faulconer score? I don’t personally care about that score, but it seems like editing around that would be really hard due to the fact that the Faulconer music is always playing.
I think he'd have to completely rearrange a lot of Falconer's tracks for that to even remotely work.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Falafel The Waffle wrote:I know someone people might think doing a Kai and a Z Recut is pointless, but for Japanese fans Z recut would be better due to the original voice acting and the original music. Kai Recut would be English dub fans for the better voice acting and the better script. For Z Recut I’m assuming you are doing it for English too, but will the Z Recut English dub include the Faulconer score? I don’t personally care about that score, but it seems like editing around that would be really hard due to the fact that the Faulconer music is always playing.
I think he'd have to completely rearrange a lot of Falconer's tracks for that to even remotely work.
Agreed. The only solution is to use the 5.1 Surround tracks and downmix it to stereo. That way the Center channel can be retained with the voices and sound effects whilst dropping the music heard in the corner channels, to which you can add the music. That effectively makes it mono, but it's a way to make it work.

if I ever get to doing a Kikuchi Kai '89 mix of the music, that's probably the way I'd make it happen.

Falafel The Waffle

Post by Falafel The Waffle » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 pm

I doubt he’d do Faulconer because that would just be more work for a Dub most people wouldn’t watch if they’re getting Recut.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:10 am

Falafel The Waffle wrote:I doubt he’d do Faulconer because that would just be more work for a Dub most people wouldn’t watch if they’re getting Recut.
If done right, I'd totally give it a go on my second watch.

I definitely wouldn't complain about it's absence or expect it to be a priority though. Every day I check this forum to see if that [WORK IN PROGRESS] has changed to [COMPLETE]. Even though it's Z I'm waiting for and I know it'll be last, it's always exciting when this thread's been bumped.

Goku1085

Post by Goku1085 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:50 am

I would love for @IamTheMilkMan to edit/update his thread here to see where he actually stands right now and what finalized changes he'll do on DB, DBZ and DBKai (regarding on audio, video and subs departments). Also, I'd love for him to do a canon release anime tree/pattern that he'll give us his personal opinion on what to watch and in which specific order to do so (ya know if he'll include Super or not and what specific anime series, movies, specials, ovas to add on this Recut Project apart from the 3 shows to make it complete).

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:10 am

Goku1085 wrote:I would love for @IamTheMilkMan to edit/update his thread here to see where he actually stands right now and what finalized changes he'll do on DB, DBZ and DBKai (regarding on audio, video and subs departments). Also, I'd love for him to do a canon release anime tree/pattern that he'll give us his personal opinion on what to watch and in which specific order to do so (ya know if he'll include Super or not and what specific anime series, movies, specials, ovas to add on this Recut Project apart from the 3 shows to make it complete).
This would take unesscary time he could rather spend making these wonderful recuts.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm

sangofe wrote:This would take unesscary time he could rather spend making these wonderful recuts.
*"Unnecessary."
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Downloading Dragon Ball Recut right now. I'm excited. :D
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

IAmTheMilkMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by IAmTheMilkMan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:42 am

Sorry about the lack of updates lately, here is a small one for you:

I am very much still working on this project and fully intend to release it. At this point, I have fully edited the first "part" (Saiyan to Android) of Kai. Right now, I'm going through and fine-tuning each episode. I'm really trying to make Kai a better product than it is, and I'm going the extra mile. Unfortunately, the extra mile is taking forever for me to do. I hope to release the first episode, though, as soon as I'm completely finished with it, to give you an idea of what it will all look like. After that, I'll likely release by arc.

DBZ Recut is still in mostly the planning phases, but I may take a break from Kai and start that as well just to mix things up and keep myself interested.

Again, sorry for how long it's taking, but it's just so hard to stay motivated with massive projects like this. I'm just one man, and I need to keep myself interested in the work, which means taking breaks here and there so that I don't go crazy. Also, life and all that... But stay tuned, there are good things to come!
aka TheMilkmanConspiracy on IFDB
aka WhereIsTheMilkman elsewhere

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:46 am

IAmTheMilkMan wrote: Again, sorry for how long it's taking, but it's just so hard to stay motivated with massive projects like this. I'm just one man, and I need to keep myself interested in the work, which means taking breaks here and there so that I don't go crazy. Also, life and all that... But stay tuned, there are good things to come!
You don't need to be sorry for taking the time you need, there's a reason nobody else has done this despite (I assume) large numbers of us fantasising about it. We're excited for your project because of how great it is - DBR is currently the best way to experience the first portion of the story, and that's a serious achievement. I really appreciate the work you've put into this and I know a lot of others do too.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 pm

I'll take a staggered release over one that doesn't happen due to you getting burnt out, any day. Take all the time you need.

wushi05

Post by wushi05 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 pm

However long it takes, I'm eagerly waiting for these projects to be finished. I'm watching DBKai right now and while it still retains some harmless filler and fluff, by the Cell Saga it's definitely retaining more pointless fluff than earlier episodes. And Kai 2014 feels like they stopped caring about cutting out filler. At least the Japanese version, while a bit rushed during the tournament, felt much more faithful to the manga than the dub version during that part.

tl;dr Kai Recut would be a very welcome re-edit of DBZ.
But DBZ Recut would be the most definitive version to watch, especially because of the original soundtrack. Hearing the original music in episode 95 was a huge relief. I was getting real tired of hearing The Gods' Bolero when it was clearly an inferior reworking of Ravel's Bolero, not to mention many tracks that didn't fit the scenes they were used in.

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

I am already making a DBZ re-cut myself using the original Japanese broadcast audio. Would you like to collaborate and finish the project? I'm at episode 60 right now, having removed as many fillers as I can, but all the episodes could use some fine-tuning (for example merging them together into 40/45-minute-long episodes. If you are interested, please PM me.

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:48 am

I'd like to report an error in the subtitles for episode 53. At 17:23, Tien's line isn't translated. The subtitle is missing.

dallmann

Post by dallmann » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:28 am

How to collaborate with audio in another language?

Luffy123

Post by Luffy123 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:58 pm

For Dragon Ball Recut even though u don't care for English it really helped me thanks for considering both languages. I can't really the mono sound of dragon ball but also english did such a job on this series.

Upto ep 30 and no complaints atm however 1 really noticeable one is that jaring cut with oolong gets his wish granted then suddenly in the a different room, i felt some filler continuity would have been better as it was kinda distracting and didn't flow well however everything else been so far good with probably 1 more noticable cut somever wasn't as bad as first 1 i stated.