Fanfiction: Dragon Ball - Another Road

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Fanfiction: Dragon Ball - Another Road

Post by Gog » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Any specific moments?
[spoiler]Pan getting groped by Trunks, the fact that she tried to use that moment to get Trunks and when she asked Trunks to hit her off the mountain, I even enjoyed all of the Pan getting hit off the mountain scenes.[/spoiler]
I did enjoy writing the ending part where she gropes him in return :D
Never in a million years would I have ever predicted that :P . You've got Pan too the point where she's kind of like Goku, but she's still her own character.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote: [spoiler]Pan getting groped by Trunks, the fact that she tried to use that moment to get Trunks and when she asked Trunks to hit her off the mountain, I even enjoyed all of the Pan getting hit off the mountain scenes.[/spoiler]
I did enjoy writing the ending part where she gropes him in return :D
Never in a million years would I have ever predicted that :P . You've got Pan too the point where she's kind of like Goku, but she's still her own character.
Good, that was the intention. As well as attempting to add a spin onto the old 'Anime Breast Grab' trope with how Pan didn't really have that big of a reaction.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Chapter 9: The Apprentice Steps Forward
Gotta be honest here, I'm not that happy with this chapter.

[spoiler]The Scrolls of Time were eons old tools of the timeline’s guardians, a thread of fate and destiny intertwined to form parchment that allows one to peer into the interwoven threads of history itself. Reality itself used as ink that illiterates the critical weaves of the past, present and future. Divine in origin, sacred in use and never ending.

So, how does a mystical scroll created to witness the fabric of time itself get bad reception?

“I swear the fates are laughing at me right now!” The Supreme Kai of Time bitterly lamented as he glared down at the open roll of parchment, which was currently enveloped in the same dark and twisted aura as before, except now the illustration on said scroll was now only showing static to the Kai.

“You mean this hasn’t happened before?” Chorona inquired from the back of the room, here she stood atop a tall ladder, a pile of similar looking scrolls forming a mountain of paper in her arms.

“I’ve been the Supreme Kai of time for as long as the Omni-King himself has drawn breath, and I’ve never encountered such a problem” He held the scroll up to his face and waved the parchment around curiously, as if it was an antenna trying to get a signal. “I’ve witnessed changes to a timeline, yes, but that’s never caused problems with the scrolls themselves” And so he hit it.

“I don’t think beating it like it’s an old TV is going to help, Master” Chronoa pointed out as she slid down the ladder, a balancing act with the scrolls ensuing as she got off the ladder. It was a bit of a struggle with a back and forth, but the small woman managed to take the pile over to the Supreme Kai’s desk while only dropping a few of them, her trademark pink hair barely visible behind the pile, even as she set them down on the desk.

“None of the other scrolls are acting strangely like this, it only seems to be this specific scroll, this specific time we can’t look into. How strange.” He placed it back down onto the table and flattened it out, stretching the scroll slightly, looking for some inane detail he could of missed. “These scrolls are bound by history, by the threads of time. Whatever has befallen this timeline, it’s effect on time itself bares no good signs”

“Well, if the scrolls allow us to look over time, and this scroll can’t look into the timeline; Maybe the timeline was…-“

“Erased? Destroyed? Cease to exist? I assure you, Chorona, the timeline itself is still intact. If it was to be erased, all scrolls connected to it would joins its fate” His expression only became more worried as he locked gazes with the static. “Though at this rate, I wouldn’t be surprised if the timeline is falling apart. Wait, maybe…” The Kai had now begun to talk to himself, posturing loudly. “Changes cause splits, but time isn’t made for that-… coping mechanism-… compressed? -…Maybe”

“Master.” The woman interrupted his thoughts with a cough, rubbing the man’s shoulder softly as the stress became evident in his expression. “You’re running off on a tangent again”

“Apologies, Chorona. This problem is one I’ve never predicted or considered to be a possibility, so the road to finding a solution is a rather frustrating one” He moved away from the desk of scrolls, pacing around the room while his apprentice simply sighed. “I don’t like the thought of interfering with a timeline with so many unknown variables, but…”

At this, Chorona fixed her master with wide eyes as she gasped out “You mean, you want to… Go down there?” The Supreme Kai of Time was a strict and stagnant man when it came to tradition and rules, for him to even suggest leaving the time nest, the situation had to be wearing down on him.

“If we cannot look into the timeline to find those who are responsible, the hands on approach seems to be our only option. Fact is, we’re practically blind from here, we need eyes down there or we’ll never know what’s going on” He finished solemnly, predicting Chorona’s response and dreading the answer he’d have to entertain.
“You’re the Supreme Kai of Time, you’re not allowed to leave the Time Nest” The woman responded almost immediately, hesitantly chuckling off the suggestion, her master wouldn’t forget that little titbit; would he? Then it clicked.

“I am not allowed to leave the Time Nest. You, on the other hand…” Bitterness dripped into the older man’s tone as he responded, he didn’t like the idea of sending his pupil into possible danger.

The kai in training couldn’t find the energy to move her lips for a few moments, the words escaping her, the idea overwhelming her. To leave the time nest, even for a short time, it was as if an unlit candle inside her suddenly caught fire; one that she never knew was distinguished before. “I can do it!” She finally formed the words, unable to hide her excitement as she practically leaped over to her rather surprised Master.

“I don’t know why you sound so… Excited. This could be an incredibly dangerous undertaking” Depite his strict and ominous tone, his apprentice couldn’t help but make a joyful giggle at the prospect, rushing about thinking to anything she’d need to take with her. “Chorona, this isn’t a field tr-“
She picked up a tea cup, she might need something to drink out of.

“Time is not a matter to be taken light-“

Did she have any earth money? How would she get food?

“Chorona!”

Did Earth have bunnies? She always wanted to pet a real, live bunny. And maybe a tree, an actual living tree instead of the stagnant oak that stood in the time nest. Maybe she’d get to see an actual river, and running water!

“Stop milling about and TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY!” For the first time in a good few years, the Supreme Kai of Time raised his voice at his apprentice, the surprise of the sudden shift in volume causing said woman to jump and thus fall straight on her ass.

“Ow…” Her master soon stood over her, staring down with a serious expression which always did a good job of making anyone feel like a child. “Sorry.”
And so he let out a long sigh. “I know you’ve not had the best time adjusting to living in the time nest, but please keep in mind that this is no small matter. Many lives could be at stake, including your own. And my heart is already stressed enough”

“I understand, Master” He held out his hand and Chorona allowed him to pull her up, before she proceeded to smooth down and dust off her blue training robe. “It’s just that I’ve never been outside of the time nest since I became your apprentice. Not that I don’t appreciate you as a master, but it’s nice to get to see the outside world again, even for a short while” She smiled meekly at the man.

“You are going to take my mantel one day. I suppose it’s only fair that you enjoy all the chances out there the best you can before you’re stuck here for eternity” He strolled back to the desk, taking the corrupted scroll in his hand and rolling it back up, looking down on it with scorn and remorse, hesitant.

Chorona followed behind him, her master’s expressions only adding to the intimidation factor of what looked to be a mundane item. “This is a great responsibility, Chorona” He turned slowly, holding out the scroll towards her. “And now… I am entrusting it to you. I will guide you the best I can from the Time Nest through our communication system, but it’s up to your to carry out the leg work”

His apprentice was silent, but determined, giving him a firm nod before she slowly reached forward and took hold of the scroll. Just touching it gave her a strange tingling sensation hat licked at her arm, it’s very aura almost overwhelming. After a confident nod from her master, Chorona withdrew the scroll to her chest, her grip increasing the pressure on it as it’s aura began to grow, drowning her form in a dark ominous void. The Supreme Kai of Time took a step back, keeping a safe distance from her as his apprentice’s form slowly dissipated from the room.

Soon, the Kai was left alone inside the room, his only company young golden bird that had yet to awaken from it’s deep sleep and his own doubts.
On the bright side, he didn’t have to fear Chorona making him tea for now.
From the view point of space Earth was a simple wasteland flooded by salt, with its remaining land being islands of dust, like a shameful smudge on the canvas of the universe. But when actually stepping foot on the planet, Cooler couldn’t deny that there was a certain beauty to the scenery. Their ship had landed on the edge of a split between the vast wonderland of rock and sand, and the tall grassy quilts hugging the opposing land.

It was a serene location with little animal life to speak of. One side was a clean canvas, a blank slate that his ship had no problems nestling upon. The other was a jumbled collection of narrow trees and open ranges, all with varying degrees of colour springing fourth from the ground. The image just needed a waterfall to cap it off.
After reading through the compiled scouting reports surrounding the Earth after all the incidents connected to the planet, Cooler had expected a blanket of smog covering the sky, and a surface of desolation and ruin with a few pathetic creatures struggling to survive against the android menace. It led the Arcosian Emperor to wonder if the androids had been dealt with, though that was a rather low possibility.

Other if’s played out in Cooler’s mind, maybe the androids I question after bringing the world to the brink of destruction, took charge and rebuilt the world under their rule. It was a possibility that Cooler had pondered before, for the sake of entertain the consequence he would face if these monstrosities had managed to make their way off the planet. He hadn’t allowed his new position on the throne to take away from his training for such a possibility.

Androids, strong enough to take down the legendary super Saiyan, Son Goku; a lower-class ape that was able to bring such distain and shame upon the Cold family name. Despite his own pride and confidence that he was to be the strongest being in the universe, Cooler had been forced to accept their might. And the challenge they presented made his pride burn for their heads.

Even standing here right now the Arcosian could feel the temptation to take off in search of whatever remained of those tin cans and rip them asunder, to embrace the closest achievement he’d have to taking down a Super Saiyan. That would be irrational of me… He spat towards himself. It is the Super Saiyan that dragged my family name through the mud, I would gain nothing from chasing down scrap metal.

He continued to muse to himself as he looked over the scenery again, the stability of his reign would be heavily affected by the outcome of this mission, putting that jeopardy for the androids would bring him nothing. Only the head of the Super Saiyan would bring him peace. And that filth was dead. It was then that he noticed it.
When his gaze examined the view before him, there was a feeling that grew in the pit of his stomach, like something was wrong, something was off. Maybe it was something to do with the unfamiliar planet itself, the gravity was rather different and the terrain more natural than Cooler was used to, but the feeling only became stronger the harder Cooler looked.

It started out like witnessing something from the corner of your eye, at first you only notice on a subconscious level, but slowly you start to notice it more and more until it starts to grate on your nerves. You think harder, strain your sense, purposely look for that unnoticeable detail. And then, at the height of your frustration, there’s a ripple. As Cooler quickly found, not in the metaphorical sense. No gazing upon water or any other sort of liquid, the Arcosian witness for a split second a ripple in what seemed to be an ordinary rock. A distortion.

Surely, just a trick of his sight from the heat of the morning sun, right?

It was then that Salza decided to chirp in and divert Cooler’s attention “Lord Cooler, have v’e displeased you? Zu are ‘ooking rather annoyed” The young captain had been standing in a quite awkward silence with the rest of his comrade for over a few minutes now.

“He always looks annoyed…” Nez quipped quickly and quietly, hoping to avoid Cooler’s ears, though receiving a quick foot to the shins from Salza for his comment.
Dore scratched the back of his neck as he mused “I dunno, I always thought he just looked more disinterested than disappointed”

Their Lord craned his neck to fix them with a look informing them that he could hear them quite well. For soldiers, the three were never that good at controlling their volume. “Disappointed implies I had expectations in the first place” Before returning his eyes to relocate that strange distortion. “You have your orders, search the immediate area for what remains of my family’s burial site and if you can… Try to gather information about the current state of the planet, I wish to know if we have any chances of running into too much trouble”

“Uh, if you don’t mind me asking, Sir…” Dore coughed out with a bit of hesitation, Cooler not showing any visual reaction.

“Go on, Dore.”

The green skinned wrestler continued with more confidence, gesturing to Neiz. “Won’t these earthlings be a bit alarmed if they spot aliens walking amongst them? And I don’t know about you, but I don’t think there’s a hat in the universe that could cover Neiz’s bug-eyed conker” The amphibian very obviously took offence to this, his gaze snapping to glare at Dore as the man approached Neiz and rasped his knuckles against the creature’s forehead.

“Not to v’orry, Dore” Salza answered with his arm stuck outwards to emphasize his point, gesturing to the general area. “Old reports confirm that this planet v’as home to many strange creatures, Neiz could easily pass for one of them, as can v’e. Though, Lord Cooler might be more recognisable as an alien” He paused to look at Cooler, making sure his words in no way offended his leader, to which Cooler held an expression of boredom.

“Besides, v’ile v’e may be getting information, v’e still will keep a low profile. As long as v’e don’t have a repeat of Zelta 16-“ Salza took it upon himself to narrow his eyes upon Neiz, who grinned sheepishly back at the reminder of a rather embarrassing mission years back. Teaching them all a lesson on why not to imply that a deadly warlord prefers to spend nights in the company of corpses right to said warlord’s face. “-we z’ould attract little attention from any possible threats”

“I thought we promised never to speak of that again, especially in front of Lord Cooler!” Neiz whined to Dore’s amusement, the amphibian’s hand reaching up to regretfully rub his neck. “I had my head stuck inside my chest for weeks after that….”

“It wasn’t that bad, Pretty Boy got a nice black eye after that” Dore chuckled, Salza’s face remaining sour at the memory.

“You’re just jealous because I can make that look good”

Cooler’s cold tone sliced right through their conversation, venom flickering in his tongue. “If you’re going to derail your efforts to bicker about your screw ups, try to do it when I’m not in strangling range. You have your orders, follow them, preferably before I start seeking your replacements”

“Yes, sir!” The Armord Squadron gave their strange and stylish salutes in a rush, fearful of angering their leader any further, before rushing off into the distance towards the wasteland side, emitting an aura of confidence. For one bitter moment, Cooler had to admit to himself that he had missed his Armored Squadron and… Was glad to have them back. I feel sick…

The distortion Cooler had spotted had yet to appear again, much to his displeasure, making him wonder if he actually had witnessed it in the first place. His gut told him that he had seen something, and that he could feel something. He shook his head, his thoughts growing ever the foggier, it was clear that this mission was going to be anything but mundane at the very least.

“Well, I can at least guide my search in the general direction of… Whatever it was. Maybe I’ll find something of value” With that middle ground for both his mind and gut to agree on, the Arcosian took off towards the treeline, preferring to walk rather then burst into flight. But in his concentration of figuring out his next step, Cooler had failed to notice another feeling, one that would of told him that he was being watched.

From a small distance away, behind the cover of a rather thick bush sat an incredibly worried looking Chorona, who’s pink skin really did not blend in with the environment. Her words to her Master were only her thoughts, yet she still decided to whisper them to herself. “He’s not supposed to be here!”

Chorona, what is it? Who do you see?

“Frieza’s brother, the one that looks less feminine”

Oh dear, he’s not supposed to be here…

The scroll had taken her safely into the timeline, taking her to a location closest to whatever was causing it to act so strangely. She was completely flabbergasted to have almost walked right in front of Cooler and his men while they were arguing, making her extremely lucky that no one instantly spotted the bright pink contrast to the green background.

Really, now that she thought about it, she stuck out like a sore, glittery, pink to the high heavens, thumb.

He’s supposed to stay with his Empire on the other side of the universe up to his death, he never even arrives at the same galaxy as Earth at any point in this timeline. That’s a large change. Hmm… We could gleam more insight if we find out exactly what brought him to Earth.

“What? You want me to talk with the tyrant!? He’ll kill me!”

No, no. Just… Follow him for now. Until we uncover more, he’s intertwined in this whole mess, he could even be connected directly to the problem itself in a way. I wouldn’t put it past an Arcosian to grow ambitious enough to mess with time.

Chorona nodded to herself, pulling a bundle of leaves and sticks from the bush in question (If she wasn’t so distracted by her master and Cooler, she’d of been distracted for a good few minutes just observing the leaves move) and holding them infront of her, this would be her grand camouflage. “He’s using a scouter, so he can’t sense energy” She mentally noted, before pulling herself onto the tips of her toes, ready to put on her best attempt at stealth.

All involved could easily tell that this would be an interesting experience to witness at the very least.[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Winter has finally come for Earth. I can't imagine how this is going to play out as, but once again another great chapter as usual.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Gog wrote:Winter has finally come for Earth. I can't imagine how this is going to play out as, but once again another great chapter as usual.
Winter?

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:Winter has finally come for Earth. I can't imagine how this is going to play out as, but once again another great chapter as usual.
Winter?
Oh don't you know? The temperature has dropped too a much cooler degree. Global warming has no effect. Winter incarnate walks the planet.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Winter?
Oh don't you know? The temperature has dropped too a much cooler degree. Global warming has no effect. Winter incarnate walks the planet.
They do say Cooler's a bit cold hearted :D
What did you think of the banter between the Armoured Squadron?
And now Chorona has to deal with this shit.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Winter?
They do say Cooler's a bit cold hearted :D
What did you think of the banter between the Armoured Squadron?
And now Chorona has to deal with this shit.
Eh, I'd say he's more of a cool guy. The banter between those three is pretty enjoyable and I feel that Chrorona is going to fail miserably in trying to stop Coola.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Gog wrote: Eh, I'd say he's more of a cool guy. The banter between those three is pretty enjoyable and I feel that Chrorona is going to fail miserably in trying to stop Coola.
She's not trying to stop Cooler exactly, she's merely stalking him in hopes of him revealing his connection to this whole thing, because either intentionally or unintentionally somebody has brought him to Earth. Besides, maybe she can paralize him by force feeding him some of her poiso- Cooking.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote: Eh, I'd say he's more of a cool guy. The banter between those three is pretty enjoyable and I feel that Chrorona is going to fail miserably in trying to stop Coola.
She's not trying to stop Cooler exactly, she's merely stalking him in hopes of him revealing his connection to this whole thing, because either intentionally or unintentionally somebody has brought him to Earth. Besides, maybe she can paralize him by force feeding him some of her poiso- Cooking.
Coola's much too cunning to accept food from earth :P

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:01 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Well, according to the Gods themselves, Earth has the best food!
Also, surprised that with your constant shipping you havn't shipped these two yet. You getting rusty? :D

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: She's not trying to stop Cooler exactly, she's merely stalking him in hopes of him revealing his connection to this whole thing, because either intentionally or unintentionally somebody has brought him to Earth. Besides, maybe she can paralize him by force feeding him some of her poiso- Cooking.
Well, according to the Gods themselves, Earth has the best food!
Also, surprised that with your constant shipping you havn't shipped these two yet. You getting rusty? :D
But Coola has a tongue of iron. :P I still ship Pan and Coola, Chorona goes squarely with Trunks. I still cannot imagine him with anyone else. And no I'm not getting rusty :evil:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Gog wrote:
But Coola has a tongue of iron. :P I still ship Pan and Coola, Chorona goes squarely with Trunks. I still cannot imagine him with anyone else. And no I'm not getting rusty :evil:
So he doesn't have much taste?
Ah, only a rusty sea captain stays on a sinking ship :D

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm

I'm sorry for this chapter being so short, I wanted to have another scene with Bulma and Trunks to continue the chapter of 'Mommy Problems', but I'm going to have a very stressful and busy week ahead. So, I just wanted to make sure I at least get this up.
Chapter 10: Videl worries - Don't be such a Mom!
[spoiler]It had been a calm week for Videl, despite each day being almost the exact same routine, the exact same sights, the exact same weather (On that note, she was a tad worried that there was something wrong with the weather). Maybe it was simply a matter of her every approaching age that would give her the mantle of ‘Old Woman’, but all the days were beginning to blur together.

She still made an effort to keep active of course, just because he restriction of the species she was born as stoped her from ever becoming anything close to the level of any fighter that mattere at this point, doesn’t mean she’d let herself grow old. She promised her late father on his death bed that she’d die before she lost the ability ram the end of a rifle into an attacker’s face before they could pull the trigger, all with just her foot.

Plus, she had to keep in shape for the one difference in her life over the past week. Pan. That little girl with the fighting spirit of her grandpa and the kind-hearted nature of her father. Which made a deadly combination of the most tiring person in existence. Videl always had to keep up with Son Pan, who shared her distinct distaste for being left in the dust. So, of course Videl gave her the basics to follow in her family legacy, which only allowed Pan to rocket far ahead of Videl in no time. Kind of insulting, now that Videl thought about it.

And for now, she spent her time out of the house, with company, who she doesn’t hospitalise and some one of the opposite gender at that. That was progress in Videl’s book. Though after Pan first returned from her new training sessions, Videl wondered if Trunks would accidentally hospitalise Pan. The first time was a bit of a shock. Videl was stuck in the living room, alone in the rather dim lighting, intently focusing on a cross word puzzle she’d found on the ground the other day. It frustrated her. How was she supposed to find the bloody word when every ‘s’ looks like a ‘z’ and every ‘j’ looks like an ‘I’!? It was simply impossible.

That’s when she heard a sudden rumble from outside the house, of course by now she’d grown accustomed to Pan’s entrances. She’d never nail her ‘stylish’ landing. As well as any landing that didn’t result in marking the ground with her butt was simply a rare occurrence. On cue, she heard Pan open the door, groaning at the pain in her backside.

“How was training, honey?” Videl’s greeting was low and dismissive, refusing to take her eyes off the paper that challenged her wits to the best of their abilities.
“I- Ow!... Think it went well” She could hear Pan shuffling through to the kitchen, looking for something inside the fridge. “I climbed a mountain”

Videl glared at the cross-word puzzle, all those ‘Z’s were laughing at her. She knew it. “Climbed? Did you forget that you learned how to fly at five?”

“No, Mom… Well, not then! I might have forgotten for a bit when I… Hit my head on t-… Nevermind.” Pan pushed her way back into the living room, and as Videl finally craned her neck to look at her daughter, an ice pack was being pressed against a glowing bruise on her hip. “Trunks kind of scratched that option out for me”

For a moment, her motherly instincts kicked in and a worried gasp was dragged from her throat at the sight of Pan. Her little girl was covered in cuts and bruises, dirt staining her top, blades of grass stuck in the messy dark folds of her hair. At least her shorts looked okay. “Oh my- Pan! What happened to you!?” Was Pan’s landing THAT bad?

Pan tilted her head at the alerted gaze of her mother, simply responding with a shrug and a grin. “Training. Duh” At the immediate glare that followed from Videl, Pan backed away a few paces and awkwardly threw her arms behind her back. “What’s wrong, Mom? Oh, I get it. You think these scars mean I did bad, right?”

If Videl wasn’t in the middle of worriedly fawning over her daughter, she’d have felt the need to ram the palm of her hand into her forehead. Immediately, the woman jumped to her feet, stomping towards Pan and dragging her back over to the kitchen. Not responding, simply allowing Pan to groan at the dragging. It was then that Videl was able to notice how heavy Pan seemed to have become now despite the fact that Pan wasn’t resisting in the slightest. It was as if Pan was dragging a ton of heavy weights along with her. Maybe all those late night binges are finally catching up with the girl. “I mean, yeah. Gotta admit, at first it looked impossible. I mean, me. A mountain. And a merciless rainbow Saiyan”

Videl found herself rolling her eyes at Pan’s strange description of Trunks, the girl had resulted in using that nick name for him after swearing that she kept seeing his hair change from purple to blue. Never the less, Videl had dragged the small woman into the kitchen as sat her down beside the tap, where Pan only sat with a pout on her lips, wondering why her mother was overreacting over this. It was only a scratch! It won’t hurt the ‘Satan’ name.

Quickly, the older woman had rummaged through draws to recover a cloth, along with some healing herbs she’d crushed into a purple powder. First, she ran the cloth under the tap, pulling out Pan’s arm and dabbing the edge of the cloth against her wounds. Of course, this instantly set off a chorus of groans and whining from Pan. It stung, to say the least.

“Moooom! I just wanna go to bed…” Pan moaned, letting out a small gasp of pain with each dab. You could hit her with a truck, detonate a bomb on top of her, but this was just too much.

“You’ll go to bed when I’ finished with you, and I’ll be finished with you when I’m done”

“And you’ll be don-“

“When I say I’m done!” Videl gave Pan a glare with more weight than Frieza’s power level, shutting Pan up, for a short while at east. Allowing Videl to pull over the small container with the power and sprinkling it over Pan’s wounds, earning a few more howls of pain from the girl as she rubbed it in.

“I did good in the end! Trunks looked happy, he even said he was impressed. With me!” She pleaded with the woman kneeling beside her. “And it was all triumphant and stuff. I even heard music in my head, drums and trumpets and… Stringy things”

Videl rolled her eyes at the girl, sighing. “If you’re not going to shut up, at least tell me how it went. In detail”

And so, Son Pan did. Her face growing ever brighter as went on and on about all the session, detailing Trunks sending her to the bottom of the mountain. How she attacked him a few times, but ultimate failed with not a drop of sweat on Trunks’s side. It was a sight that made a Mother proud, watching the little girl’s grin grow to inhuman proportions as she explained, revelling in experience of her improvement.

It reminded Videl that for most of the girl’s childhood, she had no one who was ‘on her level’ when it came to her natural power and battle prowess. It was a struggle to teach the girl self-control and she quickly found that training with Videl was a danger to her mother. So, having a person who matched her blow for blow and even went beyond must have been a tremendous experience for the girl.

“One time, I thought I had it. He touched me up, and it obviously made Trunks vulnerable, he went stiff! So, I got an idea-“

Videl stopped her right there, wondering if she heard right. “…What?”

“I got an idea”

“Before that.”

“During all the intense fighting, Trunks grabbed-“

“He what!?”

“Don’t worry, Mom” Pan leaned forward, a mischievous glint in her eye as she tapped the side of her nose. “I got him back for it”

It was then that Videl asked herself if she or Gohan had remembered to go over the ‘Birds and the Bees’ with Pan. “... Do I want to know?”

“In the end I grabbed him by th-“

“Nope.” Videl stopped, stood up, backed away and covered her ears. She did not want to hear this. Even if Pan meant something completely different. “You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?”

The little girl looked down at her now mostly cleaned skin, the bruises disappearing, leaving only scars on her flesh. And for a moment, she caught herself in thought, what was Mom talking about? “Yes?” With Pan, it was hard to tell whether she truly didn’t get it, or was only feigning ignorance.

“Just… Continue”

And nothing made Videl prouder than Pan proudly grinning as she let loose her struggle up the mountain, the grin itself showing that even through all the muck and bruises, Pan was proud what she’d done. She felt accomplished. Even Videl was surprised that Pan had actually managed to come up with a bit of creative thinking in
catching Trunks off guard.

“And that’s how I totally kicked Trunks’s ass… With maybe a few exaggerations, but no one cares about those” Pan concluded, slamming her hands together as an ending clap, waiting for Videl to react. “So… You still mad at me, Mom?”

Videl shook her head. “No, not at all. I just didn’t think Trunks would be that harsh of a teacher at first, seeing you come home like this is… Shocking. TO say the least” She smiled back at Pan, getting to her feet to pull the girl into a hug. “I was worried. Mothers do that” Videl looked down at the girl, watching Gohan’s eyes stare back at her.

“I miss Dad too” Pan muttered, trying to cheer Videl up. For some reason, Videl had a sneaking suspicion that this wasn’t the first-time Pan had said that today.

“AH, look at me. You’re reaching your twenties and here I am still treating you like a little girl that scraped her knee. Sorry” The woman felt herself chuckle as they separated, patting Pan on the back and sending the girl off to bed. Leaving her to watch Pan drag herself away, noting the weights Pan had mentioned earlier, how the girl held a determined smirk as she struggled against them, even in her exhausted state. She’d get used to them if they killed her.

And that grin on her face, that bounce in her step, that spark Videl could see in her eyes. Videl would have to remind herself to thank Trunks the next time she was over at the Brief’s.[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Trunk's the legendary Rainbow Saiyan

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Videl best mom confirmed?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:49 am

Gog wrote:
Videl: I let my daughter get the crap beaten out of her because she smiles, someone get me my mothers day mug!

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:50 am

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Videl: I let my daughter get the crap beaten out of her because she smiles, someone get me my mothers day mug!
Her parenting skills are on par with Goku's! Pan would be proud!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:24 pm

Here's the other half that was supposed to be in the previous chapter

[spoiler]Bulma’s life had never been a quiet one, from birth she was screaming, from her childhood she’d been building, from her teen years she’d be thrust into a deadly walk across the globe, and in adult hood she brought all of that with her. Took it all in stride. Even with the terror of the metal menace dealt with by her son (And she’d make sure people knew it was HER son), the volume of her spirit only increased. In the day, she was ordering around every available hand to put the world back together, before isolating herself to her lab to work through the night on whatever project took her fancy.

If Bulma had learned anything through her years with Goku, it was that there was always another greedy bully out there, ready to kick over your sandcastle. Late into the night, and she still worked to improve the Earth’s technology. When the next monster came to reign death over the planet, she didn’t want her little boy to be alone as Earth’s sole defence. Taking another sip of her coffee mug, Bulma picked herself up from her chair as she finished off the last few lines of code sprawling across the computer screen like a running river of text. She stopped herself for a moment, letting her gaze drop to the mug, before sighing and putting it back down. The liquid inside had gone cold. “One of these days I should stop making coffee if I’m just going to ignore it for a few hours…”

She leaned back to look over the code again, the bright green glow of the text of a black background caused a blurry merging effect between the words, causing a repeated rub of her temples over her tired eyes. “Test #276” She muttered under her breath, reaching down to collect a very thick, leather bound journal. Flipping it open (And retrieving the pencil from behind her ear), she was greeted by an overflowing stack of various notes stuck to multiple pages of the journal, most threatening to fall out as she looked for the next blank page. Each turn of a page was a trip down memory lane.

She passed her original blueprints for the time machine, her attempted recreation of Saiyan armour, a few designs for robot helpers (As she progressed the designs became smaller and more compact), designs for space ship components, a new gravity room and a few notes on the improvements she could make for the time machine.
Finally, she arrived at the section of her notes surrounding her latest project, going to the next blank space and wrote down the next test number and turned to her operating table with the journal in hand, much like a clip board.

In the centre of the room was where the few lights within the lab were casted, leaving a sea of shadows to surrounding what she would hope would be a success. Practically, this served in purpose, but Bulma preferred to have at least a small dramatic flair in her work. Besides, the lighting made her project look and feel more important and exciting.

The table in question had various mechanical arms hanging over the prone metallic body of Android 16, who had remained silent throughout all of Bulma’s work. Instead, the android reserved to keep his gaze up to the mechanical arms, as he really had no desire to look down and observe his chest plate, which at the moment had been pulled completely open through the work of a laser saw.

At her quick approach, 16 moved his head to shoot her the best concerned look he could muster with his metallic face, taking in her frazzled and tired state. “I believe your work is beginning to ware on you, Miss Brie-“

“Bulma.” For a moment, Bulma snickered a tad, as all the wires connected to the various parts of 16’s body made his expression rather amusing.

“-Bulma. It would be wise for you to turn in for the night, and rest your body and mind” The android advised, to which Bulma simply waved off with a roll of her eyes, not slowing her approach.

“There’s no rest for the wicked and extremely intelligent, Sixteen” She managed to get out a weak chuckle as she reached the table, half her face encased in shadow due to the lighting, giving her a much more ‘sinister scientist’ vibe. “I married the Prince of all genocidal maniacs, and I am in fact a genius. So, I’m not touching one fluffed pillow until I get this right”

Bulma reached up to grab a hold of one of the mechanical arms, pushing a long pincer-like tool into view, hovering above 16’s chest plate. “The new program I downloaded into your AIU chip should make the parts much more compatible” She moved the tool to within the opening, grabbing onto one of 16’s various components and undoing the screws, before pulling a rather old looking hunk of machinery out and placing it on the table.

“It’s not that I doubt your scientific prowess, mi- Bulma. But I don’t think this project will ever get off the ground” He laid his head back on the table, with no reaction to Bulma poking around inside his body. “Dr. Gero built me as an early model of a fully mechanical being. Androids 17 and 18’s designs differ widely from my own, and their parts were always mostly organic. I doubt it’s possible for their parts to function with my own, it’s just not how they function”

Yet again, Bulma’s hand rose to wave away 16’s argument. “You never tell a Breifs that something isn’t possible. Their parts aren’t compatible? Then I make them compatible” Bulma Breifs was the same person who built a functioning time machine in the backdrop of the apocalypse, upgrading 16 wouldn’t be a problem… Even if she was on the 276th attempt.

“You said that the last 275 attempts” 16 stated bluntly in response, Bulma merely scoffing at him yet again before she moved to retrieve a sleeker device. It acted like a cage, imprisoning a few samples of organic tissue that even long past their owner’s death, still moved of their own volition as if they were a part of a functioning body.
She moved this new addition via her tools, placing it to replace the recently removed component in 16’s chest plate, manuvering through a jungle of wire trees before screwing it into place. With that done, she pushed the chest plate shut and started to jot down notes on the blank page, noting the specification of the component.

The scientist moved around the table to the other side (Accidentally kicking a few old wrenches and screwdrivers out of the way), making sure the above wires were steady and stayed attached to 16, as they were used to send data to and from her computer. As she made her way back over to her computer, passing by a large display of Gero’s old blueprints for each individual android on the wall, she turned back a few pages in her journal and copied 16’s starting condition to the new page.

“Bulma Briefs, Project Lazarus, Test Number: 276. Starting conditions: Optimal. Component Error Check:-“ She pulled up a diagram of all the components that went into making the android function, the computer scanning through each of the devices to make sure all were functioning correctly. Soon, Bulma was met with a greed glow. “-No errors. Components Functional. Initiating Test Run… Record all data on new component’s compatibility…” A few more taps on the keyboard, the diagram adding the new device, zooming in on it and listing it’s specification beside it. “Initiate Test Run.”

A small progress bar appeared on the screen, slowly filling up as ‘Running…’ flashed above it. As it progressed, small text appeared under the bar, spelling out the process. First, it attempted to send signals to the new addition, hoping the device would be able to communicate effectively with the rest of 16’s parts. Thankfully, that part of the process seemed clear for the most part, though there was no mention of whether the organic part could communicate.

The anticipation was starting to build up inside the scientist, forcing her to calm her breathing and her hope, this had failed many times before. Still, the woman closed her eyes and opened them every few seconds, as if she thought that looking would encourage fate to make this yet another pitfall. Next, a few simple commands were sent to the device, using the artificial nerves she installed beside the device, hoping to trick the organic tissue. Instantly, an error appeared on the screen, informing Bulma that the organic tissue didn’t respond well to the commands, and that further attempts could end up harming the device.

Still, she pressed on. Reaching for a loose cigarette within the folds of her pocket, a favoured brand of her father’s that she’d picked up over the years. There was no hesitation in pulling the small roll of tobacco up to her lips and lighting it up. It felt hot for her, when she drew the smoke into her lungs and there's that strange sensation of breathing and holding her breath at the same time. It was as if she’d been holding breath already for a bit, perhaps: the tightness in her lungs, the sense of useless air trying to get out. SO when she finally exhaled, that cloud took it all, her frustrations dragged out from her lungs by noxious chemicals.

It felt like when Vegeta and her would yell at each other.

Quickly, she shook that thought from her head and glued her eyes back to the screen. She’d been down that road of thought before, ever since Trunks returned from the other timeline and told her about how Vegeta seemed to change ever so slightly. She didn’t want to wonder what could have been. “Arg!” The loud exclamation of pain came from 16 and shook Bulma’s gaze from the computer, turning to the android Bulma was greeted by the sight of sparks littering his chest like clingy tendrils, tempting to rip into his metal skin. The android’s face managed to turn to a look of discomfort. “Bulma, I think it’s the organic part you added. It’s damaging my systems”

At the same time Bulma’s ears were greeted by the small beeps of ‘Warning’ from the computer as the screen flashed red, only now deciding to tell her of the error. Without a second of thought she whipped back to the computer and immediately stopped the test. Bulma refused to take this experiment in any direction that harmed her friend.

Her voiced blared out in concerned alarm before she even started moving “Sixteen!” She made her way over to the table, and immediately got to work on replacing the organic device with the old component. “I didn’t screw up too bad, did I?”

The android managed to get out a pained, but amused, nod at the comment. “I’m fine, miss Bulma. It was only a small malfunction” In the span of a minute, the chest plate was opened, new device taken out, old device put back in. “I went over the risks when I agreed to be your project”

“Doesn’t mean I can’t worry” Bulma sighed, pressing a few buttons on the table to do a diagnostic of 16, making sure he didn’t receive any critical damage. “With Trunks out of the house so much, I need someone to push my mothering instincts on”

“I’m sure he is fine”

For a moment, Bulma stopped to blink in confusion at 16 “I wasn’t sa- Why would I have reason to worry?” In response the android opened his mouth to reply, before leaving it hanging there for a few seconds, an expression of what she could assume was ‘I should not of said that’. So Bulma instantly put on her scolding tone, complete with her hands on her hips. “Sixteen.”

“I know nothing. I said nothing. And Trunks has nothing to worry about”

"I know when you're lying" As Bulma stated this fact, 16’s hand went up to cover his left eye "You're left eye twitches" Before going down to- "You scratch your nose and-"
The scientist simply pointed down at the android’s legs, where 16 found that his right leg was having a joyous time jiggling up and down. "That." With a frown, 16 gave in “He told me not to tell anyone”

“That’s all I need, now I can drag the answers out of him” Bulma pulled the individual wires out of 16 and looked back to the diagnostic, it was still in the green, so 16
should have been okay. Now, she had to put her interrogation skills to the test.
By the time Trunks had reached the front garden of Capsule Corporation, the sky had turned up some fierce rain, water showering down on him like liquid bullets that dissipated as soon as they hit his skin. At first, Trunks didn’t mind the rain that much. In fact, after Pan made the training session much more rigorous than he thought it would be, the cold water gave him a nice tingling sensation. Melting the swelling aches in his arms and legs.

However, after the burning after effects of training had been drained away by the water, the rain soon took a turn for the irritating. Now the rain had turned from comforting resistance, to ice cold daggers pelting his muscles, cutting away at his nerves. As a numbing effect started to grow in various chunks of his flesh, he decided that he really needed a coat one of these days. A long one. Maybe a trench coat? And a sweater, definitely a sweater. The image reminded him of what he was told soldiers used to wear, and his mom had referred to him as her ‘little soldier’ often. “Put that on my to do list” He muttered to himself just as he landed on the crisp green lawn.

He was surprised to see the inside’s bright lights pouring out through the front window, usually 16 and Bulma would be stuck in the lab for the entire night. Judging by the fact he could sense the energy inside the house, Trunks could tell it was his mother, and considering her sleeping schedule; this did not bode well for him. Still, he wanted to get out of the cold downfall sooner rather than ponder what his mother wanted, so he pushed on and entered through the front door. The warmth of the air conditioning hit him like a ton of bricks, glorious heat wrapping around his frame like a passionate embrace. “Hey, Mom. I’m back!”

Trunks closed the door and proceeded to the next room, remnants of the rain trailing behind him with each step like a snail. He found his mother slumped on a couch staring outside of the large window, admiring the rain painting her window, giving off a blurry filter of the outside. “You better not be dragging all that rainwater into my house…” She warned.

To which Trunks merely replied with a sheepish smile, gazing down at the wet foot prints staining the carpet. Bulma sighed and took another drag of her cigarette, turning to face her son and gawk at his horrid state. “You’re gonna catch a cold” She frowned.

“I’ve survived worst, Mom” She gave Trunks a look that told him he wasn’t sitting down until he was dry, before giving off a more thoughtful look. “You’re up late”
“Science has no bed time” Bulma exclaimed, raising her smoking cigarette into the air is some sort of ‘cheers’ motion.

Trunks moved to leaned against the wall with a small smile “I think you and science need to take a break” Their conversation stopped for a moment as a rather guilty looking Android 16 shuffled through the house in an awkward fashion, Bulma had a knowing look, which just left Trunks confused. “I think all these late-night project are starting to get to you, Mom”

“Count yourself lucky, without all these projects keeping me busy, I’d be asking the hard-hitting questions” Bulma pulled out a smirk, wagging her finger at Trunks. “You know, Mom questions. Like, why haven’t I got Grandkids yet?”

“Absolutely devastating” Trunks joked, brushing a few strands of hair out of his eyes. Moving out of the room as he noticed Bulma’s tired look, heading into the kitchen and raising his voice to continue the conversation. “How’s your latest project going?”

“Oh…” She coughed awkwardly into her palm, flicking her cigarette into a bin off to the side. “Wonderful, by next month I’ll have my army of crab people ready to take over the Earth” When Trunks came back into the room chuckling, a steaming mug of coffee in hand, she immediately accept it before he even offered it. Her lack of sleep was starting to get to her.

“AH, of course?”

As the warm liquid shot down her throat she was reminded of what exactly she wanted to talk to Trunks about. “Oh, yes. I heard something interesting from Android 16 today…”

"Wha-..." Trunks inwardly groaned as it set in why a certain android looked so guilty. "So, he told you, huh?"

"You can't really tell 16 to lie to me, Trunks. He's just too kind hearted"

Flashes of his father came out through his voice as the boy growled back "I didn't tell him to lie, I told him to just avoid the subject!" Before he flopped down into the couch, Bulma now not caring that he was still wet. "I didn't want to worry anyone..." Seeing this was going to be a long night, Bulma started downing the mug.

"Worry anyone about what?" She placed her coffee on the floor, turning to comfort her son. He's doing drugs, isn't he!? “Trunks, I’m your mother. I’m always here for you, no matter what”

He was able to treasure a small smile at the support, but that stopped as he bit down on his lip. He didn’t want to worry her, but it seems like she was already worried. “It’s just me… Being paranoid. That’s all”

“Trunks…”

“I told Sixteen that… I might of…” His eyes found comfort in the floor again, his hands and shoulder began to shake. Slowly, but noticeable. The images flashed in his mind again. Gohan was there, right below his feet, just blankly staring up at him. “I think I saw an Android”

Silence leaked into the space between them as Bulma took the words in, but after a few moments, her only thoughts were wrap her arms around her son and pull him close. “Oh, my poor baby” Unlike Trunks, the thought of the Androids hadn’t struck a chord with her. She had more easily moved on from those past tragedies than her son.

“M-mom!” He protested at the sudden contact, but his mother didn’t relent. Already, she was cursing herself for never considering the effect those monsters could have had on Trunks mentally. Maybe it was a Saiyan trait, but he never really talked about how he felt, he seemed to prefer to not think about it. Either way, it was obvious to her that he was under a heavy toll.

“It’s okay, Trunks” She assured him. Unfortunately, the hug wasn’t comforting to Trunks, instead of making him feel loved he felt as if his lungs were being squeezed. A hand snaking around his throat. A dead end. He was trapped, cornered. It was too much…

He finally decided to push the worried woman off him lightly, his voice shaky. “Mother! I’m not-… Ten anymore. Please, don’t do that again” He grimaced at the desperation in his tone, why did he feel so vulnerable? He didn’t remember feeling this way when he actually faced the androids. Am I sweating again? Instead of pushing for another hug, Bulma reached to take her son’s hand and give it a supportive squeeze. He told her “16’s going to see if it’s possible we missed an extra Android…”

“I’m helping him then.” It wasn’t a suggestion, it was a hope, nor a question. It was a Mother setting the rules. “With my brilliant mind we’ll know for sure in a week”

“Mo-“

“And if there is another Android on the street, then he better go back to whatever junkyard he was assembled in. Or I’m gonna tear him a new one!” Bulma stood up on the seat with an encouraging smile, striking a pose and rolling back her sleeves as if preparing for a punch out. “No one messes with my son!”

Trunks went back to smiling at his mother even if he still felt a bit shaken. He reached down and retrieved Bulma’s coffee, holding it up to her with a small nod. “Thank you, Mom” He moved away, heading to his room. “I have some stuff to plan out, for Pan and all. So, good night” And with that he disappeared from view.

Bulma sighed before she jumped back into a sitting position, managing to not spill any of the coffee. She just wanted her son to be happy, and yet circumstance always put him in tragedies view. She couldn’t fight, and she hadn’t even begun to fully wrap her head around Gero’s scientific discoveries (He was a mad scientist, but still a genius), but she’d be damned if she didn’t at least make sure Trunks knew she’d support him. Even if it killed her.

“Trunks’s shouldn’t be alone in this…” At that thought, her hand dipped into her lab coat pocket, quickly bringing out an old capsule case, with only one capsule inside. It was one she always kept close despite Trunks’s dislike of the machine within. Inside, was what had helped save their timeline once before. “And maybe he doesn’t have to be” She knew Trunks would shoot down any idea of using the time machine again, not wanting to bring other innocent lives into this, but…

Just in case. They had a trump card… Right?
[/spoiler]

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm going to be honest here, at first I thought that Bulma was trying to make a second Vegeta.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Gog wrote:I'm going to be honest here, at first I thought that Bulma was trying to make a second Vegeta.
She is a mad scientist :D

What'd you think of the chapter in general?

Kanassa wrote: