General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am

Vertical wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Oozaru being a Semblance doesn't make much sense anyhow, it's part of Goku's biology. There's an actual scientific reasoning given for how and why it works by Vegeta when he fights Goku the first time. Any Saiyan, regardless of power can turn into one with a full moon and a tail. It really has nothing to do with your personality or soul the way SS, SSGod or even 4 do.
How is any Super Saiyan transformation related to personality or soul any more than Oozaru is? They're literally all racial transformations.
You need specific personality traits to get those. They're not entirely biological the way Oozaru is. You can't get SS without a proper emotional trigger, exceptions surrounding Goten, Trunks and U6 notwithstanding, you can't get SSGod without being a righteous hearted Saiyan and you can't attain SS4 without regaining your senses through training of Oozaru or an emotional push.

Oozaru doesn't give a toss what you feel or are in its entirety, it is purely biological. Another purely rational one that doesn't necessitate any kind of personality traits or triggers is SS3.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:38 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:You need specific personality traits to get those. They're not entirely biological the way Oozaru is. You can't get SS without a proper emotional trigger, exceptions surrounding Goten, Trunks and U6 notwithstanding, you can't get SSGod without being a righteous hearted Saiyan and you can't attain SS4 without regaining your senses through training of Oozaru or an emotional push.

Oozaru doesn't give a toss what you feel or are in its entirety, it is purely biological. Another purely rational one that doesn't necessitate any kind of personality traits or triggers is SS3.
Super Saiyan is biological, just as Oozaru. It's there from the very moment they're born a Saiyan. Oozaru requires moonlight and a tail, Super Saiyan requires breaking through a certain power threshold.

There are no personality requirements (unless you actually believe "pure hearted" to be a literal requirement; that Vegeta actually was "pure evil", Goku was "pure rage" or "pure good"... but then what about Gohan? So pure he could reflect a Spirit Bomb but so late to achieve Super Saiyan? What about Goten/Trunks? Does "pure brat" count?).

There is nothing unique about Super Saiyan. Every Saiyan (in the original manga run) obtains it. The only real variable is how each character breaks through the wall... whether it be emotion, training, or other means... but even that variable seems to be more of route option, "which path to take", rather than a unique character requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of that aside, Goku would be an alien to the world of RWBY. He was not born of that universe and rules that govern other characters could bend or break around him. Your options are open to whatever you want... if you want him to have a Semblance resembling Super Saiyan, give him that... and justify it accordingly... just go with whatever you feel would be the most interesting to write.

...heck, his Semblance could be a variation of a flying cloud or an extendable staff, either created from his aura. It would pay tribute to Goku's origins/inspiration and be more unique to Goku himself, as opposed to something unique to Saiyan's as a race.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:30 am

You ever get reviews that literally make you facepalm because of how completely and utterly ridiculous they are?

I'm someone who is genuinely grateful for any kind of legitimate review, whether it's positive or negative, as long as the reviewer isn't being an asshole. I also make sure to let my readers know at the end of every chapter how thankful I am for their feedback.

But some people are on another level entirely. Like this guy who just "reviewed" my DBZ and MHA crossover (in which Gohan gets transported to the MHA world), and basically gave me a ridiculous list of demands. I don't know if it was just worded badly, but it was so absurd I couldn't not share it.
Excuse me, but there are lots super heroes who are known for there Martial Arts for examples: Iron Fist, Dr. Stange, Caption America, Daredevil, Batman, Hawkeye, Natsha Romonoff(can't remember her lastname), etc.
From villian side: Deathstroke, Daken, etc.

So, I want you to give Gohan challengers all these have a quirks but they are cause they know Martial Arts .
I want these to give great challenge to Gohan not because there stronger, cause their more skilled in martial arts than Gohan, also they somehow able to decrease (when Son Goku first participate in his World Martial Arts Tournament) Gohan strength
which more there will be more intresting fight scenes which are filled with My Hero Academia type style and dragon ball style with incorporating different Martial Arts both Fictional, Mythical, Real Life.

I want you to watch martial arts genres and read there Wikipedia and it's T.V. Tropes Pages media like "Anime and Manga" , "Western Animation", "Video Games" , "Live Action Movies" , "Live Action Television Series" , "Web Comic" , Etc ; For example :
1. "Five Deadly Venoms" ; (Live Action Movie)
2. "36th Chambers Of the Sholian Temple" and it's letter sequals ; (Live Action Movie)
3. "Wu Tang vs Sholion" ; (Live Action Movie)
4. "American Ninja" and it's letter sequals
5. "Drunken Master" ;
6. "Drunken Master 2" ;
7. "Bloodsport" and it's letter sequals ;
8. "The Big Boss" ;
9. "Once Upon A Time In China" and its letter sequals ;
10. "Raid" and "Raid 2";
11. "Game Of Death" and "Tower Of Death" ;
12. "Enter The Dragon" ;
13. "Fist Of Fury" and it's sequal "The New Fist Of Fury" ;
14. "Fists Of Legends" and its sequal ;
15. "Snake In The Eagle Shadow" ;
16. "Monkey In The Snake Shadow" ;
17. "The Last Dragon" ;
18. "The Karate kid" Franchise ;
19. "Cobra Kai" (Web Series, it is Karate Kid Spin-off ) ;
20. "Fist Of The North Star" ;
21. "Way Of The Dragon" ;
21. "Ip Man" Franchise ;
22. "Mortal Kombat" Franchise ;
23. "Dead Or Alive" Franchise ;
24. "Street Fighter" Franchise ;
25. "Iron Monkey" and "Iron Monkey 2" ;
26. "police Story" Franchise ;
27. "Enter The Fat Dragon" ;
28. "Crounching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" ;
29. "House Of The Flying Dragon" ;
30. "Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple" ;
31. "Tenjho Tenge" ;
Note : I want you to read about wuxia genre Wikipedia and it's T.V. Tropes page and tropes related to it.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:You ever get reviews that literally make you facepalm because of how completely and utterly ridiculous they are?

I'm someone who is genuinely grateful for any kind of legitimate review, whether it's positive or negative, as long as the reviewer isn't being an asshole. I also make sure to let my readers know at the end of every chapter how thankful I am for their feedback.

But some people are on another level entirely. Like this guy who just "reviewed" my DBZ and MHA crossover (in which Gohan gets transported to the MHA world), and basically gave me a ridiculous list of demands. I don't know if it was just worded badly, but it was so absurd I couldn't not share it.
Excuse me, but there are lots super heroes who are known for there Martial Arts for examples: Iron Fist, Dr. Stange, Caption America, Daredevil, Batman, Hawkeye, Natsha Romonoff(can't remember her lastname), etc.
From villian side: Deathstroke, Daken, etc.

So, I want you to give Gohan challengers all these have a quirks but they are cause they know Martial Arts .
I want these to give great challenge to Gohan not because there stronger, cause their more skilled in martial arts than Gohan, also they somehow able to decrease (when Son Goku first participate in his World Martial Arts Tournament) Gohan strength
which more there will be more intresting fight scenes which are filled with My Hero Academia type style and dragon ball style with incorporating different Martial Arts both Fictional, Mythical, Real Life.

I want you to watch martial arts genres and read there Wikipedia and it's T.V. Tropes Pages media like "Anime and Manga" , "Western Animation", "Video Games" , "Live Action Movies" , "Live Action Television Series" , "Web Comic" , Etc ; For example :
1. "Five Deadly Venoms" ; (Live Action Movie)
2. "36th Chambers Of the Sholian Temple" and it's letter sequals ; (Live Action Movie)
3. "Wu Tang vs Sholion" ; (Live Action Movie)
4. "American Ninja" and it's letter sequals
5. "Drunken Master" ;
6. "Drunken Master 2" ;
7. "Bloodsport" and it's letter sequals ;
8. "The Big Boss" ;
9. "Once Upon A Time In China" and its letter sequals ;
10. "Raid" and "Raid 2";
11. "Game Of Death" and "Tower Of Death" ;
12. "Enter The Dragon" ;
13. "Fist Of Fury" and it's sequal "The New Fist Of Fury" ;
14. "Fists Of Legends" and its sequal ;
15. "Snake In The Eagle Shadow" ;
16. "Monkey In The Snake Shadow" ;
17. "The Last Dragon" ;
18. "The Karate kid" Franchise ;
19. "Cobra Kai" (Web Series, it is Karate Kid Spin-off ) ;
20. "Fist Of The North Star" ;
21. "Way Of The Dragon" ;
21. "Ip Man" Franchise ;
22. "Mortal Kombat" Franchise ;
23. "Dead Or Alive" Franchise ;
24. "Street Fighter" Franchise ;
25. "Iron Monkey" and "Iron Monkey 2" ;
26. "police Story" Franchise ;
27. "Enter The Fat Dragon" ;
28. "Crounching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" ;
29. "House Of The Flying Dragon" ;
30. "Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple" ;
31. "Tenjho Tenge" ;
Note : I want you to read about wuxia genre Wikipedia and it's T.V. Tropes page and tropes related to it.
Pull a Toriyama and do the opposite of what your fans want.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:59 pm

I just realized when brainstorming on how to fix the future Trunks arc that the super DBs are a big problem. How would you explain them not wishing in the present to get rid of Zamasu, or stop his immortality or something? Easy answer is that he wouldn't be able to affect someone from a different timeline but that's putting limits on something that conceptually doesn't have limits.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Doctor. wrote:I just realized when brainstorming on how to fix the future Trunks arc that the super DBs are a big problem. How would you explain them not wishing in the present to get rid of Zamasu, or stop his immortality or something? Easy answer is that he wouldn't be able to affect someone from a different timeline but that's putting limits on something that conceptually doesn't have limits.
The Super Dragon Balls are at that point still recharging after their use in the U6-U7 tournament.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I just realized when brainstorming on how to fix the future Trunks arc that the super DBs are a big problem. How would you explain them not wishing in the present to get rid of Zamasu, or stop his immortality or something? Easy answer is that he wouldn't be able to affect someone from a different timeline but that's putting limits on something that conceptually doesn't have limits.
The Super Dragon Balls are at that point still recharging after their use in the U6-U7 tournament.
Was it stated they take a year? I thought they had no cooldown. Seems pretty arbitrary if so, but I guess that fixes it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Was it stated they take a year? I thought they had no cooldown. Seems pretty arbitrary if so, but I guess that fixes it.
Zuno specifies it takes one year, or the lifespan of a cockroach, for them to recharge. It's why Zamasu goes one year into the future.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Alruneia wrote: The Super Dragon Balls are at that point still recharging after their use in the U6-U7 tournament.
Zuno specifies it takes one year, or the lifespan of a cockroach, for them to recharge. It's why Zamasu goes one year into the future.
Oh yeah, right. I forgot all about the walking omniscient being that nobody abuses.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:20 am

For possible Super re-write: yay or nay on the concept of ki leaking to boost one's power up?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 am

ekrolo2 wrote:For possible Super re-write: yay or nay on the concept of ki leaking to boost one's power up?
Yay. In writing, it works the opposite of the anime where you have to showcase the big-ass auras to show how powerful someone is. You don't have to worry about describing powerful auras anymore and it would just take extra space if you did so.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:05 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:For possible Super re-write: yay or nay on the concept of ki leaking to boost one's power up?
Yay. In writing, it works the opposite of the anime where you have to showcase the big-ass auras to show how powerful someone is. You don't have to worry about describing powerful auras anymore and it would just take extra space if you did so.
I hadn't thought of that but in hindsight you're right, there's only so many ways you can describe an aura powering up before it gets repetitive.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Absolutely yes. It'll at worst look like you're just generalising the idea of Mastered Super Saiyan Blue from the Super manga. I use the idea myself, though, so maybe I'm biased. The Super anime also touched on the subject, so I don't really see a reason why you couldn't just come back to the idea and utilise it fully this time around.
What I like about the energy leak thing is that it's something that can be used by almost everyone, similar in a way to the Ultra Instinct technique. Everything that has energy that creates an aura can improve on their power by controlling said aura. The saiyans, the humans, and even Piccolo and Beerus. I don't know if you want to go all the way to energy leaking being directly related to achieving divine energy (which seemed to be implied in the anime's RF arc but was then not really touched on again), but that's completely up to you.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:14 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Absolutely yes. It'll at worst look like you're just generalising the idea of Mastered Super Saiyan Blue from the Super manga. I use the idea myself, though, so maybe I'm biased. The Super anime also touched on the subject, so I don't really see a reason why you couldn't just come back to the idea and utilise it fully this time around.
What I like about the energy leak thing is that it's something that can be used by almost everyone, similar in a way to the Ultra Instinct technique. Everything that has energy that creates an aura can improve on their power by controlling said aura. The saiyans, the humans, and even Piccolo and Beerus. I don't know if you want to go all the way to energy leaking being directly related to achieving divine energy (which seemed to be implied in the anime's RF arc but was then not really touched on again), but that's completely up to you.
I'd use it as a general improvement method for training, just one that helps Goku & Vegeta re-attain God power. A few other ideas I have are:

1) Either Blue or God gets axed, they feel sort of pointless existing together but so far, I'm leaning on God being THE Saiyan God form with Goku & Vegeta first learning how to get it back without the ritual then mastering its overwhelming power by sealing all the ki inside themselves. Maybe make Blue an end result of this mastery?

2) Mastered Ultra Instinct either only gives Goku the silver eyes, no aura or it just becomes Base Goku IE Goku as you know him IS the ultimate form of Goku, he has fully mastered himself.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:38 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
I'd use it as a general improvement method for training, just one that helps Goku & Vegeta re-attain God power. A few other ideas I have are:

1) Either Blue or God gets axed, they feel sort of pointless existing together but so far, I'm leaning on God being THE Saiyan God form with Goku & Vegeta first learning how to get it back without the ritual then mastering its overwhelming power by sealing all the ki inside themselves. Maybe make Blue an end result of this mastery?

2) Mastered Ultra Instinct either only gives Goku the silver eyes, no aura or it just becomes Base Goku IE Goku as you know him IS the ultimate form of Goku, he has fully mastered himself.
You could have God and Blue serve different purposes. Maybe one's faster than the other, or something, if you want to deviate from the normal DB formula of "next form is an improvement in every way that matters." Or you could make Blue the "artificial" version of God that you achieve through training with divine Ki, while Red is through the ritual.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Doctor. wrote:You could have God and Blue serve different purposes. Maybe one's faster than the other, or something, if you want to deviate from the normal DB formula of "next form is an improvement in every way that matters." Or you could make Blue the "artificial" version of God that you achieve through training with divine Ki, while Red is through the ritual.
I had thought of that too but I sort of like the visual evolution Goku would go through until the end. Starting out with SSGod + big red aura, then SSGod with no aura, then ending with either Base Goku with silver eyes, keeping everything sort visually similar to Goku's regular form the whole way through.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:31 pm

Is it premature to spitball ideas for Super Broly?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Since we're talking about rewriting Dragon Ball Super, I got 3 questions for you guys:

1) Would you guys have Gohan and Piccolo be much more relevant than they were in the actual show, maybe on the same type of relevancy as Goku and Vegeta?

2) Would you include much more original villains than just having Freeza and Broly?

3) Would you have a Demon Realm Arc?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Is it premature to spitball ideas for Super Broly?
You can wait for it to build on the good ideas presented, but I wouldn't expect anything good to come out of that film.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:1) Would you guys have Gohan and Piccolo be much more relevant than they were in the actual show, maybe on the same type of relevancy as Goku and Vegeta?

2) Would you include much more original villains than just having Freeza and Broly?

3) Would you have a Demon Realm Arc?
1. Depends on what their arcs would be. I would focus more on the new characters ideally.
2. Yes, definitely.
3. I would think we've gone far beyond demons at this point, but perhaps a visit to the demon realm as a catalyst to some greater plot could work.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Nay. Makes no sense. Keep how ki was handled as is. Maybe explain God Ki a little more but that's about it.
I'm leaning on God being THE Saiyan God form with Goku & Vegeta first learning how to get it back without the ritual then mastering its overwhelming power by sealing all the ki inside themselves. Maybe make Blue an end result of this mastery?
This is more or less what actually happens in the story as it exists now. Assuming you had decided on Blue being an end result of the mastery