General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:34 am

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Was it ever fully explained how the process of Kami or Dendi becoming the guardian of the Earth works?
It was, God dies, and Dende was appointed as the new God. There's really nothing more to it.
Yes, but was any of the requirements more spelled out? All I can remember was; Be Namekian, Don't be a shithead.
Nope, you don't have to be a Namekian to become God. All you really have to do is have no evil in your heart.

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:40 am

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Was it ever fully explained how the process of Kami or Dendi becoming the guardian of the Earth works?
It was, God dies, and Dende was appointed as the new God. There's really nothing more to it.
Yes, but was any of the requirements more spelled out? All I can remember was; Be Namekian, Don't be a shithead.
As Gog pointed out... you don't have to be Namekian. Kami offered Goku the job.

Nothing really officially clarified. There's probably a handover ceremony (if the current God is still alive), and/or some sort of official thing that needs to be done to accept the job and gain the Godly powers.

Doctor. wrote:Thinking of scrapping my DB reboot project and just rewrite Super instead.
Might be more interesting to fuse ideas from GT and Super into a half-decent DBZ followup.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:35 pm

How would you go about implementing horror elements into Dragon Ball?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Gog wrote:How would you go about implementing horror elements into Dragon Ball?
What-if story where Cell beats Gohan and takes over the planet, years later he's multiplied and given birth to an army of various abominable creatures (Look at the alternate concept designs for Cell), all with a sharp tail for drinking people. For some reason people from another planet come to investigate Earth, then a rip off of Aliens and Predator ensues.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:18 am

Dragon Ball wise, what are your favourite characters to write?

Personally, I just love writing Gohan and Videl interacting, especially when they're still in their teenage years. So much comedy potential. The further I get into my fic, the more I realise their interactions are what I look forward to writing the most, alongside the fight scenes.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:02 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Dragon Ball wise, what are your favourite characters to write?
I have the most fun writing my original characters or my own take on characters (canon characters grown up), due to the creative freedom I can take with them. As for characters I haven't (unless accidentally) changed, I've had the most fun writing Beerus, Whis, Champa and Vados.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:18 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Dragon Ball wise, what are your favourite characters to write?

Personally, I just love writing Gohan and Videl interacting, especially when they're still in their teenage years. So much comedy potential. The further I get into my fic, the more I realise their interactions are what I look forward to writing the most, alongside the fight scenes.
I really enjoy writing Pan interacting with the world, though I don't know if she'd count as she's most likely only that character in name (I write an older version of her, which is based on the small amount of screen time she got in the EOZ). She very self-confident, petty and determined fighter that acts similar to Kid Goku in some of her mannerisms, but with a lot more social knowledge, as well as taking a lot of Gohan's more dramatic aspects ("Yeah, you could do the logical thing that anyone with common sense would do. But, since when is doing the logical option thematically appealing!?").

I enjoy writing the reactions from all of the weird stuff she does. Like, after getting accidentally groped, she comes to the conclusion that her fight isn't over until she grabs her opponents nipples. Cue the immediate and very awkward confusion!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:36 am

http://fanficmaker.com/

I found this site, put some random inputs and you get a randomly generated slock-fest that makes no sense. Go crazy. I got a crime drama where Frieza was a mafia boss with a rocket launcher who liked to stand atop giant blimps...

Kanassa wrote:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Kanassa wrote:http://fanficmaker.com/

I found this site, put some random inputs and you get a randomly generated slock-fest that makes no sense. Go crazy. I got a crime drama where Frieza was a mafia boss with a rocket launcher who liked to stand atop giant blimps...
That's exactly the scene where Freeza blows up planet Vegeta. :lol:

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:35 pm

[spoiler]Gohan kicked Cell hard, shattering his apendex and spewing blood and guts all over the floor.
"You mother-in-law-of-a-bitch I'm going to make you eat my balloon"
Dont you love me anymore?You used to love feeling my penis on those sweet summer nights in highschool"
Gohan smashed his blade hard down on Cell cutting his ear off.Blood red blood shot out, splashing everywhere.You could see dripping veins hanging down and broken bones on the floor.
Cell screamed in agony and then lunged at Gohan.
Cell ripped Gohans head off in one move, sending it spinning accross the floor. Leaving a trail of red ozing blood and pieces of brain, Cell reached down and tasted the remains.Placeing it on his lips and licking them. He clearly got a perversive sexual pleasure from this, a lump formed in his trousers and he) swallowed
Gohan's body slumped down, spraying blood everywhere.[/spoiler]
Well shit.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:27 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:

[spoiler]Gohan kicked Cell hard, shattering his apendex and spewing blood and guts all over the floor.
"You mother-in-law-of-a-bitch I'm going to make you eat my balloon"
Dont you love me anymore?You used to love feeling my penis on those sweet summer nights in highschool"
Gohan smashed his blade hard down on Cell cutting his ear off.Blood red blood shot out, splashing everywhere.You could see dripping veins hanging down and broken bones on the floor.
Cell screamed in agony and then lunged at Gohan.
Cell ripped Gohans head off in one move, sending it spinning accross the floor. Leaving a trail of red ozing blood and pieces of brain, Cell reached down and tasted the remains.Placeing it on his lips and licking them. He clearly got a perversive sexual pleasure from this, a lump formed in his trousers and he) swallowed
Gohan's body slumped down, spraying blood everywhere.[/spoiler]
Well shit.
That does sound like Cell....

I got this gem of a line: "Vegeta suddenly saw a glint in the distance and he knew instantly what it was: it was the diamond cock ring of Frieza! He had come to haunt Vegeta and destroy Goku!"

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Kanassa wrote: Basically, when she's taken through time, she's informed of the Saiyans fates at the hands of Frieza. In her eyes, they no longer deserved to be called saiyans. She then looked to Universe 6, and that's even worse for her. Now, she's in a timeline where only two Saiyans remain, and will do anything to make them kill her at her peak; or else for her, she'll be the last survivor, and thus the Saiyan race will face the worst fate imaginable. Death. Not at the hands of a worthy foe, a superior being, not a blaze of glory. But as a vulnerable shell, choking on their last few seconds, worthless and weak.
So, huh that's Torne's backstory then.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Basically, when she's taken through time, she's informed of the Saiyans fates at the hands of Frieza. In her eyes, they no longer deserved to be called saiyans. She then looked to Universe 6, and that's even worse for her. Now, she's in a timeline where only two Saiyans remain, and will do anything to make them kill her at her peak; or else for her, she'll be the last survivor, and thus the Saiyan race will face the worst fate imaginable. Death. Not at the hands of a worthy foe, a superior being, not a blaze of glory. But as a vulnerable shell, choking on their last few seconds, worthless and weak.
You went all the way back in the thread to find that? :D

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:05 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
You went all the way back in the thread to find that? :D
Yeah, yes I did. I do imagine I would find more spoilers. :D

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 pm

Gog wrote:Yeah, yes I did. I do imagine I would find more spoilers. :D
I did kind of spoil Rushifa's backstory, as well some of the moments and plot points planned to come later... AS well as a gag... :D

Kanassa wrote:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:58 am

Best out-of-context lines?

Kanassa wrote:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Kanassa wrote:Best out-of-context lines?
These are probably not even the best I've got, but I can't look through everything, so here's some quick picks.

"Who're you calling small? Is that thing on your face a mirror?"
- Marron

"This entire tournament is like it has been set up to make people pay for the Mr. Satan experience."
- Bulla

"Can't even bother to move from where you stand, Champa?"
- Beerus
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Oh this is perfect. Trying to work on my DBZ Exiles fanfic, worst issue is coming up with new realities. Now while the story I got is god-awful, There's things that can be salvaged.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm

You know, but I've always thought on how to rewrite Dragon Ball characters from the main story-line itself. So, here's a crack at what Cell would be like when I write him. Keep in mind I'm only focusing on Perfect Form Cell. Semi Perfect doesn't hold any interest for me, and Imperfect Cell was fine until his ginormous exposition dump which washed away all mystique his character once had.

[spoiler]So, to start off Cell wouldn't be smug at all. Not in the slightest. He'll consistently try to be smug, and cool but he'll be made a mockery of while he does it. Which consistently infuriates him to no end. Too add on Cell would also be naive of the affairs of the world, and would regularly misunderstand people, and their actions on a whole.

He'd also be completely delusional believing everybody to love and adore him, when the opposites the case. At the end he would discover the peoples of the worlds seething fear, and hatred of him and completely break down because of it. He would regularly mouth off on how great his strength is, but secretly he'd be unsure off himself, and paranoid of someone becoming strong enough to defeat him. Finally Cell would consistently want to prove his superiority. With the Cell Games created instead of being a fun time, but more so to show off his power.

His goals instead of being kill everything, and have a good fight it would be to recreate society in his image, and in his mind make it better than it once was. His main relationship would be with Goku who he views to be a complete waste of space.[/spoiler]

So, who would you rewrite?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:23 pm

Yo, long time no post. I'm guessing people have other things to do this time of year.
I'm mainly writing this post to celebrate getting over a huge writer's block that's been holding me back all year. I finished a chapter today, and I'm probably going to finish another tomorrow, because of that. My story is about to hit an arc's climax, so with that and the story that comes afterwards in mind, I have a question:
What do you guys find more interesting/fun/engaging/etc. to read; serious plot or more light-hearted plot?