General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Doctor. » Sun May 28, 2017 2:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:Words cannot describe how much I want to make a Samurai Jack X Dragon Ball Fanfiction.
I'd be down for that as soon as a fix fic of the last season is completed ;)
Good luck with that, nothing's gonna fix that disappointment.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 28, 2017 4:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:Words cannot describe how much I want to make a Samurai Jack X Dragon Ball Fanfiction.
I'd be down for that as soon as a fix fic of the last season is completed ;)
Well, nothing ever said that it could be both. :D

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue May 30, 2017 9:14 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Well, that fight scene I was writing just went past 5000 words, and I'm still not done. I expect the finished product to be between 6000-6500 words... and that's still only one part of the chapter.

Damn. I wasn't expecting the fight to go on this long, but the thing practically wrote itself. Ideas kept popping into my head, and one thing kept leading to another.

I wish I was this productive in my uni days.
Finally. Done. From start to finish the fight ended up being 7095 words long.

Partly contemplating whether to end the chapter here and post it, or whether to continue with my original plan and add some more stuff to the chapter, namely the aftermath of the fight and ending of the arc.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 9:41 am

TheGodfather93 wrote: Finally. Done. From start to finish the fight ended up being 7095 words long.

Partly contemplating whether to end the chapter here and post it, or whether to continue with my original plan and add some more stuff to the chapter, namely the aftermath of the fight and ending of the arc.
Depends how it ends. Usually good to leave it there an have the cool down in the next chapter, otherwise you'll have your readers goign through the 'Five minutes on namek' all over again
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote: Finally. Done. From start to finish the fight ended up being 7095 words long.

Depends how it ends. Usually good to leave it there an have the cool down in the next chapter, otherwise you'll have your readers goign through the 'Five minutes on namek' all over again
Yeah, that's what I've decided to do. Plus, it'll be a nice feeling to have posted two chapters in the same month. Haven't pulled that off in a while.
Last edited by TheGodfather93 on Tue May 30, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 1:54 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Yeah, that's what I've decided to do. Plus, it'll be a nice feeling to have posted two chapters in the same month. Haven't pulled that in a while.
A month? I usually try to force my chapters out every two weeks... I need to schedule better :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Tue May 30, 2017 2:30 pm

Kanassa wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote: Yeah, that's what I've decided to do. Plus, it'll be a nice feeling to have posted two chapters in the same month. Haven't pulled that in a while.
A month? I usually try to force my chapters out every two weeks... I need to schedule better :D
Damn, that's impressive. My muse is inconsistent as hell, and I can't write well if I'm just not feeling it... which is most of the time. Doesn't help that I'm a lazy bastard. Uni broke me in that regard.

That said, sometimes I do have moments of magic where my muse goes into overdrive. There was a period last year where I wrote 51,000 words in just over a week, and actually had several chapters ready to post in advance. I doubt I'll ever replicate that feat, but it sure would be nice.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 2:34 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Damn, that's impressive. My muse is inconsistent as hell, and I can't write well if I'm just not feeling it... which is most of the time. Doesn't help that I'm a lazy bastard. Uni broke me in that regard.

That said, sometimes I do have moments of magic where my muse goes into overdrive. There was a period last year where I wrote 51,000 words in just over a week, and actually had several chapters ready to post in advance. I doubt I'll ever replicate that feat, but it sure would be nice.
To be fair, my average chapter length is only around 3000 to 4000 words. With fight scene chapters ranging from 6000 to 8000 (Though I have been advised to shorten the fighting chapters). Strangely enough, I seem to produce the most words when I'm tired.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue May 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Kanassa wrote: To be fair, my average chapter length is only around 3000 to 4000 words. With fight scene chapters ranging from 6000 to 8000 (Though I have been advised to shorten the fighting chapters). Strangely enough, I seem to produce the most words when I'm tired.
Kanassa! You're making me look bad!

Anyway, I'm rather iffy on this scene.

[spoiler]Knap Pak stretched, another yawn trickled from his throat. “I must have overslept then it seems.” He slumped to the door it was slightly breaking apart around the edges.

The Monster rolled his eyes, and clapped with a scream that echoed across this dead world the door was anchored to this world, forever.

“How dramatic…” He said as he walked forward. The Door leaned towards him.

“What would you think if you were anchored to a world against your will! I’m not meant to exist you know.”

The monster sighed, and rolled his eyes. “Just open yourself up, I have to get to someone.” The door did nothing, The Monster’s foot tapped against the ground.

The Door sighed, and opened. Knap Pak rolled his eyes, “was that so hard now?” The Monster walked into the dark frothing mass, not bothering to stay and listen to the door’s comback.

The Monster reappeared in a stark, lonely plateau, ghostly faces with dead eyes, and open mouths drifted near the ground. The Monster’s presence seemed to have caused a stir among them as they all turned to face him. Suddenly Knap Pak tentacle prickled when he heard it.

“Honestly, have a little faith my lad.”

A whisper of his failure drifted out of one of the faces, looking at it, it was slightly different from the others. Another whisper floated his way.

“How interesting.”

His face slightly contorted at the youthful vigour and energy in the voice. Knap Pak sighed. Sitting down on the cold rock that made this place he waited, more whispers of his failures floated his way.

“I’ll save you.”

“What do you think? It may pose a threat, but I don’t want to kill it.”

The Monster fidgeted, and got up. He slumped towards the dead face this close to it It’s whispers of his failures were in full force at this range. The Monster pulled back a fist.

“You don’t say.”

“I don’t want that kind of power.”

“How boring. “

His fist faltered, and Knap Pak pulled away from the face. A sigh tickled out of his lips. I can’t believe I must wait here… Oh well, whining never did anyone any good. He could hear another failure coming his way. Suddenly a bird popped into existence near him.

It squawked at the sight of him. The Monster rolled its eyes at the Bird’s reaction. “So, can you take me to Kinp Stun Og Oom? Please there’s someone very important to me there.”

“Oh, um… Who’s important to you? I do have to take you anyway so it doesn’t matter at the end of the day, since your universe from what I can see is far away. I know because you look weird.” A whisper of failure floated Knap Pak’s way.

“Why should I do this?”

The Monster fidgeted, “just take me to the place.”

The two vanished.

Knap Pak blinked, and he was in a room. There was a single open door way, at the end of it he could faintly see a ray of light.

The light at the end of the tunnel.

A sigh whispered out of his lips, “that bird just called me weird. How appalling.” The monster walked to the open-door way, he walked and walked the darkness surrounding him in this tunnel but it never seemed to end. The light never seemed to come closer to the monster.

The Monster stopped, and brought a hand to his mouth as it yawned. “Really? These types of places?” Turning around, he rolled his eyes when he couldn’t see the room. “How rude.” The Monster clapped, and the room twisted, a pained groan ruptured behind him.

Knap Pak yawned, and clapped once more, the tunnel groaned, and twisted. The Monster rolled his eyes at the defiance of this tunnel and clapped once more the tunnel snapped shut with great enough speed to kill a man.

The Monster turned around, and in front of him there was another room, and another dark-open door with another light at the end of it. He sighed when he saw it.

The Monster continued clapping.[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue May 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: To be fair, my average chapter length is only around 3000 to 4000 words. With fight scene chapters ranging from 6000 to 8000 (Though I have been advised to shorten the fighting chapters). Strangely enough, I seem to produce the most words when I'm tired.
Kanassa! You're making me look bad!
How can I feel good if I don't take that happiness from others!? :D

Kanassa wrote:

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:06 am

Having people read and review my work is one of the most rewarding things about writing fanfiction, for me at least.

Not sure what to make of these though:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:28 am

Take it in stride. Anyone with an account could have done the exact same thing.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:36 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Having people read and review my work is one of the most rewarding things about writing fanfiction, for me at least.

Not sure what to make of these though:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ah, you got the guest spam. I don't know if that makes you a lucky ducky or an unlucky bastard....

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:53 pm

I'll try and put out the next chapter of Dragon Ball Through Other Dimensions, in four days time. If I'm motivated enough.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Thinking of scrapping my DB reboot project and just rewrite Super instead.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Thinking of scrapping my DB reboot project and just rewrite Super instead.
How much of this reboot have you written?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Gog wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Thinking of scrapping my DB reboot project and just rewrite Super instead.
Just the Hunt for the DBs arc and most of the big changes happen around the Z era, so I think I'm just wasting my time.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:06 am

Was it ever fully explained how the process of Kami or Dendi becoming the guardian of the Earth works?

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:18 am

Kanassa wrote:Was it ever fully explained how the process of Kami or Dendi becoming the guardian of the Earth works?
It was, God dies, and Dende was appointed as the new God. There's really nothing more to it.
Doctor. wrote:
Gog wrote:
Just the Hunt for the DBs arc and most of the big changes happen around the Z era, so I think I'm just wasting my time.
No, have you written any stories about it?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:33 am

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Was it ever fully explained how the process of Kami or Dendi becoming the guardian of the Earth works?
It was, God dies, and Dende was appointed as the new God. There's really nothing more to it.
Yes, but was any of the requirements more spelled out? All I can remember was; Be Namekian, Don't be a shithead.

Kanassa wrote: