General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Alruneia » Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 am

Well, would you look at that. A thousand posts about fan fiction. That's pretty neat.
TheGodfather93 wrote:Writing is hard.
You don't say? :lol: I haven't been able to write a chapter in months.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 am

Alruneia wrote:Well, would you look at that. A thousand posts about fan fiction. That's pretty neat.
All you guys need is the right incentive, like unyielding rage.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:26 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:Well, would you look at that. A thousand posts about fan fiction. That's pretty neat.
Proper motivation certainly is the key. Only reason I could churn out so many pain in the ass essays back in high school and university was because I had to. There was no other option. If I slacked off and didn't write them, I was boned.

If I could channel that kind of pressure when writing fanfiction, I'd be a lot more productive. With fanfiction, the best motivation for me personally comes from reviews. It's such a great feeling knowing there are people out there reading and enjoying my work, and it makes me not want to let them down.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 13, 2017 11:23 am

ekrolo2 wrote: All you guys need is the right incentive, like unyielding rage.
Does wanting to sleep count?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat May 13, 2017 11:33 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:All you guys need is the right incentive, like unyielding rage.
Proper motivation certainly is the key.
Absolutely these! I haven't found enough motivation to even write on my outline in several months. Sometimes, the best option may be to just do it! (You guys wanting to read would probably help, but I can't blame you, seeing how... not great my fic's first iteration was.)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 am

Kanassa wrote:
Rage, lots and lots of rage. Trust me, once you properly get pissed off, it'll do wonders for your routine.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat May 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Kanassa wrote:
I write best right before going to sleep, if that counts for anything.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 13, 2017 5:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Look, that rage snitch doesn't work for me. I can only ever type a story while I'm in a car.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:20 pm

So, my Vicious Gods sequel is probably gonna be retooled into something else just so I can ever even approach completing it. Instead of writing it as a single, big story, I'll probably write it as more of a status quo with lots of smaller stories inside it. Similarly to how the BPRD comics had cycles with one big narrative or theme but were able to tell it through various stories that were highly or barely at all tied into said bigger narrative or theme.

I might even consider bringing other writers on board but that's a really, really big if.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 14, 2017 6:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:So, my Vicious Gods sequel is probably gonna be retooled into something else just so I can ever even approach completing it. Instead of writing it as a single, big story, I'll probably write it as more of a status quo with lots of smaller stories inside it. Similarly to how the BPRD comics had cycles with one big narrative or theme but were able to tell it through various stories that were highly or barely at all tied into said bigger narrative or theme.
So, like your average anime where everything is split up into arcs that have a few threads connecting them? You are doing a DragonBall fic :D
I might even consider bringing other writers on board but that's a really, really big if.
You need scapegoats?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:You need scapegoats?
Possibly but help would be nice cause the scale of this thing is insane and I don't see myself ever finishing it by my loansome.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun May 14, 2017 6:38 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: I might even consider bringing other writers on board but that's a really, really big if.
Cool, so what do I have to do?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 am

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I might even consider bringing other writers on board but that's a really, really big if.
Well, first you have to sacrifice three kittens, then you have to grind boars until you're level 50...

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed May 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Well, first you have to sacrifice three kittens, then you have to grind boars until you're level 50...
And then you gotta drop kick a nun down a flight of stairs, set fire to an orphanage and steal a disabled child's toy while laughing in his face about it.

SERIOUS MODE: I've nailed down a few core stories that happen all at once so once college finishes and anyone wants to join, I can give them the low down there.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
And then you gotta drop kick a nun down a flight of stairs, set fire to an orphanage and steal a disabled child's toy while laughing in his face about it.

SERIOUS MODE: I've nailed down a few core stories that happen all at once so once college finishes and anyone wants to join, I can give them the low down there.
Then you have to find a dark alley and murder Bruce Wayne's parents, set up a self-fulfilling prophecy of a chosen one destined to beat the really insecure guy, then spend fifty years holding in that information, speaking in riddles and only tell the all important prodigy when you're on your death bed. And make sure it's vauge, so you can be cut off by death. You need to set up all the cliches, really.

Good luck with college, I just had my exams for first year, think I'm going to drink away the growing fears of failure.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: And then you gotta drop kick a nun down a flight of stairs, set fire to an orphanage and steal a disabled child's toy while laughing in his face about it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I've heard college is like High School. Only worse, so good luck with it. And yeah, count me in.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed May 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Gog wrote: I've heard college is like High School. Only worse, so good luck with it.
Might be different in America, but it's nothing like Secondary School (UK High School), mostly because the majority of people you'll see there are there because they want to put in effort and do the subjects they chose. Plus, the atmosphere is more laid-back and friends, because 1. It's not about being taught really, it's about experimenting and learning with help always available. And 2. The Teachers don't have to take a student's crap. As us Brits would say "It's a college, if you're gonna faff about, you can fuck off"

The big problems are just the usual stress of ''Ah, fuck, what if I fail!?"

Kanassa wrote:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 17, 2017 6:50 pm

Gog wrote:I've heard college is like High School. Only worse, so good luck with it. And yeah, count me in.
College is a lot better. It's easier in the sense that people are going to be studying things they enjoy, so they're gonna put more effort in that they wouldn't otherwise, and the atmosphere is a lot more chill than high school.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Gog wrote:I've heard college is like High School. Only worse, so good luck with it. And yeah, count me in.
College is a lot better. It's easier in the sense that people are going to be studying things they enjoy, so they're gonna put more effort in that they wouldn't otherwise, and the atmosphere is a lot more chill than high school.
I preferred the high school tension tbh, it helped get my ass in gear. In my experience, the laid backness is a problem when they demand absurd amounts of stuff from you. Like having oral exams from math or statistics where you need to learn 200 pages worth of purely theoretical stuff. For a course in tourism :P

It might have to do thst my countries college doesn't let you pick and choose what subject you want to do. You pick a course then eat whatever shit they throw at you.

All while acting like it's all a breeze and no big deal.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu May 18, 2017 9:30 pm

For a villain is it Ok just having them admit they destroy and kill just because?