General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Starkiller_Ren

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:44 am

Draconic wrote:Would anyone be interested in a History of Goten one-shot? I've had the idea a while ago but didn't get to write anything, though I have some general ideas. It would be set in an alternate timeline where instead of 17 and 18, it's a rogue 16 devastating the world in search of Goku, unknown to him that he died. Goten is concieved a little earlier, but is still younger than Trunks. However, unlike the main timeline they aren't really friends and Trunks only gets a minor role so he doesn't overshadow Goten. Gohan is retired and depressed (won't spoil why) so Goten has to rely more on himself, especially after finding himself as 16's target because he looks exactly like Goku.

Goten's design would be a purple gi, with a yellow sash and yellow wristbands, over which he wears Goku's jacket (the one from the 10-day before the Cell Games filler), while his hair would be the regular Goku bangs in front, but longer hair at the back.

I'm asking because I don't really have a lot of time to write it, between tests and stuff, so I don't really want to write something nobody's interested in.
Idk why there haven't been replies, but I think this idea is very interesting, given the actual situation and story is sufficiently different from the History of Trunks story.

Also, does anyone imagine their story in a specific style of DB art? Like for example, I imagine my story in the Frieza Arc style, with the midway point between the rounded DB artstyle and the more sharply angled later DBZ art
My Dragonball Fanfiction: Dragonball Next

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:14 am

Starkiller_Ren wrote: Also, does anyone imagine their story in a specific style of DB art? Like for example, I imagine my story in the Frieza Arc style, with the midway point between the rounded DB artstyle and the more sharply angled later DBZ art
I'd consider my style to be the Cell arc style with the later arcs being Buu arc art style

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 am

Draconic wrote:
I'm asking because I don't really have a lot of time to write it, between tests and stuff, so I don't really want to write something nobody's interested in.
Write for you and no one else.

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 pm

Anyone else have ideas that stretch the accepted "cannon" of Dragonball pretty far? I'm going back and forth on the possibility of Cell attaining a sort of bastardized Oozaru form

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Starkiller_Ren wrote:Anyone else have ideas that stretch the accepted "cannon" of Dragonball pretty far? I'm going back and forth on the possibility of Cell attaining a sort of bastardized Oozaru form
I thought the point of fanfiction was break it like Spoonavich broke Videl :D

As long as the explanation is reasonable.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:34 am

Kanassa wrote:
Starkiller_Ren wrote:Anyone else have ideas that stretch the accepted "cannon" of Dragonball pretty far? I'm going back and forth on the possibility of Cell attaining a sort of bastardized Oozaru form
I thought the point of fanfiction was break it like Spoonavich broke Videl :D

As long as the explanation is reasonable.
Haha, good point.

And I was thinking the best way to explain it is that the cumulative cells of Saiyans who have been alive since after his destruction (Goten, Trunks) just sort of grant him the ability. Idk yet though, it's a long way off, I still have to focus on this part of my story haha

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 am

He has a tail and partially saiyan blood. If Gohan could, then that's good enough for me.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Vertical
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vertical » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm

As long as you can justify it cleanly, you can do basically anything.

...and I'd hope Cell's Oozaru would be more like say... Hildegarn'ish... than a giant green spotted monkey.

Starkiller_Ren

Post by Starkiller_Ren » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:44 pm

Vertical wrote:

...and I'd hope Cell's Oozaru would be more like say... Hildegarn'ish... than a giant green spotted monkey.
Oh yeah for sure haha, it'd be strange for him to lose those natural armored parts in favor of green spotted fur

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Vertical wrote:

Definitely. Sure, Cell would transform, but his genetic line would be more of a bug then a space alien. Cell turning into something akin to Hildegarn would be the best thing.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:30 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Vertical wrote:

Definitely. Sure, Cell would transform, but his genetic line would be more of a bug then a space alien. Cell turning into something akin to Hildegarn would be the best thing.
Around the time the JSAT special came out, I was feeling inspired enough to start writing a fanfic of my own (of course, like so many others, I never finished it... maybe one day).
Anyway, I wrote Cell with this ability to transform but it wasn't just the Saiyan's Oozaru transformation but a combination of it plus the Namekian's giant form ability.
Back then, I never thought to describe his appearance as Hildegarn-like but that's exactly how I pictured it in my head.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 pm

What is the general consensus on using other Fan Fiction Authors ideas?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:34 pm

Gog wrote:What is the general consensus on using other Fan Fiction Authors ideas?
Go for it. No idea is original. Fanfiction writers are already using everybody else's ideas, as long as you're not doing it in the EXACT same way. (Though if you're doing it dangerously similar, then maybe at least point out that you got the idea from something else).

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Gog wrote:What is the general consensus on using other Fan Fiction Authors ideas?
You shouldn't be intentionally ripping off of someone else. If you read something you like and intend to use yourself, add your own twist to it so that the idea is more yours.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 06, 2017 12:41 am

Once I complete the King and His Dream. I'm going to make a Dragon Ball story that skips the Cell Saga, and the Android Saga.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 06, 2017 4:26 am

I always have this idea for a Bojack arc in my AU.

The Bojack crew used to be a heroic species thousands of years ago, and along with Nameks and a couple of other races they were part of an ancient alliance that ended up stuck in a epic universe wide war of self defence (during which, amongst other things they "invented" saiyans as super soldiers near the end of the war) against invaders from one of the now destroyed universes (Zeno got annoyed with their aggressive and destructive bullshit) As a quirk of their race naturally or perhaps as a result of desperately trying to weaponize themselves it was made so that when one of them died their power was shared out amongst the race, unfortunately it wasn't known till it was too late that a side effect of this was as their numbers dwindled and their power increased, their sanity and goodness decreased conversely.

The Bojack crew's cell era tier power is explained this way. The kais sealed them away before any one of them individually became too powerful to be able to sealed.

What I'm wondering is how strong I should make the 5 man Bojack crew members in relation to their movie counterparts/other characters.

I'm thinking they start out weaker than in the movie and after all his crew members deaths except Zangya (who survives because there aren't enough powered women in DB) Bojack is where he is a bit stronger than he was in the movie.

But how much weaker does this make them before when there was 5 of them, wouldn't they all be weaker than Piccolo/Trunks/Vegeta if they were all a fifth as strong as Bojack...

I feel like the powerscaling was messed up in that movie.

Vegeta hasn't trained for a year but was still implied to be the best of Trunks, Vegeta and Piccolo.

Trunks got one shotted by base Bojack although it was a surprise attack to be fair...

Trunks then gets up and fights more though....

Piccolo seems to do better than Trunks but still weaker than Vegeta.

Gohan doesn't seem to be able to take out anyone as a SS1 although he is always fighting transformed Bojack or multiple of the others at once...

We don't know the gap between Bojack and his henchmen, and SS1 Gohan vs the enemies individually.

I wonder if Trunks/Vegeta/Piccolo, got to 1 on 1 Bido/Zangya/Bujin they could win?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:10 am

Just updated my main fic for the first time since last November.

Writing is hard.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat May 13, 2017 2:27 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Just updated my main fic for the first time since last November.

Writing is hard.
What's your fan fic?

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:25 am

Gog wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote:Just updated my main fic for the first time since last November.

Writing is hard.
What's your fan fic?
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11668055/1 ... -Son-Gohan
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat May 13, 2017 6:59 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Writing is hard.
PREEEEEACH!

Kanassa wrote: