General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:31 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Gog wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote: Certainly! What specifics do you have in mind that seem as though they'd be difficult?
Well the massive differences in power between certain characters, the fact that we'd need one person to write it up, or possibly more? The fact that it could spoil the ending to our Fan Fictions. And people would need to agree to this of course.
You want a tournament between all our fanfics?! Good lord. Well, it's definitely an idea. Power difference is such a major problem that I don't think it's possible to incorporate all works. Take mine for instance. My most powerful characters are almost definitely far too strong. Just as an example, I'll bring in Megami Shimi, who I've mentioned before. Shimi is about a 500 to Whis' 15 and Beerus' 10 (God Goku was not a 6). And while she's in the top ten strongest in all universes, she isn't in the top five. I think that's all the perspective I need to give you. With works, not necessarily mine, introducing power like that to a cross-fic tournament, most competitors wouldn't stand a chance, so it wouldn't be any fun.
Not necessarily want, a tournament would spoil our Fan Fictions endings and surprises(so if we where to do one, it would have to be after we finish the Fics). It's more of an idea than that, however an idea for how you could possibly incorporate some of the weaker fighters would be to pit them against fighters of the same tier. Before they get crushed by the higher tier fighters. But they could still be useful to the plot, even after their humiliating defeats. So it is possible, it just would be challenging making them important to the plot, and staying important as well.

Also is Megami Shimi as strong as the Omni King?
Kanassa wrote:
Alruneia wrote: You want a tournament between all our fanfics?! Good lord. Well, it's definitely an idea. Power difference is such a major problem that I don't think it's possible to incorporate all works. Take mine for instance. My most powerful characters are almost definitely far too strong. Just as an example, I'll bring in Megami Shimi, who I've mentioned before. Shimi is about a 500 to Whis' 15 and Beerus' 10 (God Goku was not a 6). And while she's in the top ten strongest in all universes, she isn't in the top five. I think that's all the perspective I need to give you. With works, not necessarily mine, introducing power like that to a cross-fic tournament, most competitors wouldn't stand a chance, so it wouldn't be any fun.
My Villain, Rushifa, would be weird to incorporate. Because, if this is working like Multiverse where it's simply a different timeline with each fighter, he has the overwhelming advantage of watching and studying his most likely opponents for centuries...
Actually, he could actually work in the tournament, he would just be the Tournament's version of Hit for it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Gog wrote:
Actually, he could actually work in the tournament, he would just be the Tournament's version of Hit for it.
Rushifa: I can't skip time, but I can repeat your techniques... As well as tell everyone all the embarrassing things I witnessed you do in your timeline. Especially you, Steve. My god.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Gog wrote:Also is Megami Shimi as strong as the Omni King?
Nowhere near him. He's probably 10,000 on that scale, being a casual everything buster and all. I won't get into the numbers, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:40 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Nowhere near him. He's probably 10,000 on that scale, being a casual everything buster and all. I won't get into the numbers, though.
So, I still keep the title for having the most broken O.C.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Gog wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
How broken is your O.C?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
Alruneia wrote: Nowhere near him. He's probably 10,000 on that scale, being a casual everything buster and all. I won't get into the numbers, though.
How broken is your O.C?
Can kick the Omni King's shit in broken.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 am

Give a general overview of the villain of your story, if you have one.

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:56 am

Kanassa wrote:Give a general overview of the villain of your story, if you have one.
There's going to be two(four?) Main villains, the first one will be Baby(heavily edited version), the next villain will be Black Goku and Zamasu, and the finial villain will be Merged Zamasu.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:Give a general overview of the villain of your story, if you have one.
These are based on my rewrite I (barely) have in the works, so they may be different from what's already released. Beware of (potentially major) spoilers in the tagged ones.
Dr. Gero - A scientist in hiding for two decades. Seeks the ultimate power and will not hesitate to annihilate those in his way.
Cell Army - Gero's creations. An "endless" swarm of human insects. They sure seem immortal, but...
[spoiler]Perfect Cell - Gero's greatest creation in search of the greatest opponent.[/spoiler]
Time Breakers - A small group that, on the surface, appear to want to destroy history, but there may be another goal beyond that.
[spoiler]Another villain that would be too spoiler-y to mention - spoilers![/spoiler]
And beyond that, the others are too rough. Though I should probably mention that I ma~ay or ma~ay not focus on a Freeza Race member in the future.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:25 pm

Okay, I looked through my stuff, and I've come to the conclusion that I have WAY too many villains across my seven arcs to properly put everyone into this post. So I'll just post the first ones.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:
How broken is your O.C?
Jesus, who is this O.C?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: How broken is your O.C?
Jesus, who is this O.C?
Bra from Multiverse?

Kanassa wrote:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
Gog wrote: Can kick the Omni King's shit in broken.
Jesus, who is this O.C?
Bra from Multiverse?
I somehow doubt that Gog is actually Salagir in disguise.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Helios518 wrote: Jesus, who is this O.C?
Bra from Multiverse?
I somehow doubt that Gog is actually Salagir in disguise.
And that's why t's such an ingenious disguise! :D

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote: How broken is your O.C?
Jesus, who is this O.C?
I actually can't tell you that as it's too much of a spoiler but since my disguise has been busted by Kanassa all I can say that it's not Bra. However the only information I can diverge about him is that he's still not the strongest.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I could use a hand for the ending of a one-shot I'm almost done with

[spoiler]The gist of it is that Black is ambushed by what he perceives is a generic human attack on him. Resistance fighters fire on him with useless bullets, rockets and then run away when it inevitably fails with Trunks jumping in and saying he intends to end it all this time. Black and him fight but Black starts to get horrible pains in his chest and after a lengthy fight, this pain along with some other surprises Trunks has in store for him, brings Black down.

The trouble is the final conversation between Trunks and Black, this is the part where it's revealed that Trunks got a sample of Black's DNA and discovered it was really Goku, Bulma decided to use this to their advantage and weaponized the heart virus to infect him via the smoke bombs the retreating resistence fighters threw around Black to mask their escape.

How to have this conversation go is where I'm hitting the snag, Black would obviously be pissed off because Goku's body and the fact he didn't ask for immortality screwed him over but I'm not sure what angle to take with Trunks. I don't want a generic speech where he calls humans worthwhile of living and I'd like to address the fact he knows he's kind of killing Goku by poisoning him with the same disease that fucked his timeline in the first place.[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:40 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I could use a hand for the ending of a one-shot I'm almost done with

[spoiler]The gist of it is that Black is ambushed by what he perceives is a generic human attack on him. Resistance fighters fire on him with useless bullets, rockets and then run away when it inevitably fails with Trunks jumping in and saying he intends to end it all this time. Black and him fight but Black starts to get horrible pains in his chest and after a lengthy fight, this pain along with some other surprises Trunks has in store for him, brings Black down.

The trouble is the final conversation between Trunks and Black, this is the part where it's revealed that Trunks got a sample of Black's DNA and discovered it was really Goku, Bulma decided to use this to their advantage and weaponized the heart virus to infect him via the smoke bombs the retreating resistence fighters threw around Black to mask their escape.

How to have this conversation go is where I'm hitting the snag, Black would obviously be pissed off because Goku's body and the fact he didn't ask for immortality screwed him over but I'm not sure what angle to take with Trunks. I don't want a generic speech where he calls humans worthwhile of living and I'd like to address the fact he knows he's kind of killing Goku by poisoning him with the same disease that fucked his timeline in the first place.[/spoiler]
Perhaps he tells him that he shouldn't have underestimated mortals? Maybe that if he had used the body properly and hadn't underestimated mortals than he would have survived. And Trunks also tells him that he regrets that he has kill Goku again.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I could use a hand for the ending of a one-shot I'm almost done with

Perhaps he tells him that he shouldn't have underestimated mortals? Maybe that if he had used the body properly and hadn't underestimated mortals than he would have survived. And Trunks also tells him that he regrets that he has kill Goku again.
I definitely want to have Trunks know he's kind of killing Goku, even though he doesn't know it's just his body with a completely new mind. I just can't seem to make that last conversation feel natural without it seeming like a massive, last second infodump.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:42 pm

Maybe have Trunks poke fun at the fact that such a mighty God fell to the an equivalent of the common cold. And also I wouldn't have Trunks being regretful for having to 'kill Goku again', I think he'd be more in the attitude of "Your biology doesn't matter, you'll never be Goku. Just a pathetic, lifeless imitation".

Kanassa wrote:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:43 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Gog wrote:

I definitely want to have Trunks know he's kind of killing Goku, even though he doesn't know it's just his body with a completely new mind. I just can't seem to make that last conversation feel natural without it seeming like a massive, last second infodump.
Perhaps Goku Black's dying thoughts are Gowasu's face and him muttering Zamasu? Perhaps have Trunks go "I'm sorry Goku, I'm so sorry that you had to die a second time, but you caused too much pain... Too much death... I'm sorry that it had to end like this" don't have Trunks mention anything about mortals or junk.