General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I've recently reached the near end of my sequel to Yamcha & Ox-King Save The World, this time with Gohan & Piccolo as the main guys and I've hit a bit of a snag when it comes to the climax, I could use help figuring out which direction to go with.

[spoiler]The status: Zamasu has been sealed away in the Mafuba, the good guys are being beaten down by Black and they need to pull off a crazy stunt to finally kill him after a long, tiring fight with him. Gohan is the one trying to come up with something with the help of Kibito who went instead of Kaioshin into the future.

Ending 1 - The Fanservice One: Kibito, who was previously grievously injured by Black, tells Gohan of the Potara earrings and how they can fuse two people together, making them an incredible fighter. The problem? Black's the only one with a working set left, Kibito's were destroyed and there's nothing left of Gowasu after Black sneak attacked him.

Gohan decides that they need that to win and telepathically contacts his father. Goku uses the Kaio-Ken Blue on Black and while the body snatcher is letting Goku wail on him to power himself up, he snatches Black's Potara away and tosses them to Gohan and Trunks. They become Gohanks and kill Black in a similar vein to what Gogeta does to Janemba in Movie 12.

Ending 2 - The "Clever" One - Gohan, while thinking of ways to win, remembers that Bulma came into the future with the microbands and that Kibito can teleport anywhere. So, while Goku, Trunks and Vegeta are trying not to die vs Black, Gohan and Kibito teleport to Bulma and borrow the microbands, teleporting inside of Black's body.

While the body snatcher finally beats everyone down and gets ready for the finishing blow, he suddenly starts vomiting and his power drops something fierce. Then, the dirty duo of Kibito and Gohan appear next to him, revealing their scheme and how they blew up his stomach from the inside out. Black tries to use what power he has left to get away only for Trunks to cut him through with his sword.[/spoiler]
Gotta admit, both sound rather boring.
Though, what I would suggest is that whatever ending you decide, have an extra chapter where you write out 'Well, it could have gone like this!'. That's what I'm gonna do for mine, ranging from serious to wacky.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:49 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I've recently reached the near end of my sequel to Yamcha & Ox-King Save The World, this time with Gohan & Piccolo as the main guys and I've hit a bit of a snag when it comes to the climax, I could use help figuring out which direction to go with.

[spoiler]The status: Zamasu has been sealed away in the Mafuba, the good guys are being beaten down by Black and they need to pull off a crazy stunt to finally kill him after a long, tiring fight with him. Gohan is the one trying to come up with something with the help of Kibito who went instead of Kaioshin into the future.

Ending 1 - The Fanservice One: Kibito, who was previously grievously injured by Black, tells Gohan of the Potara earrings and how they can fuse two people together, making them an incredible fighter. The problem? Black's the only one with a working set left, Kibito's were destroyed and there's nothing left of Gowasu after Black sneak attacked him.

Gohan decides that they need that to win and telepathically contacts his father. Goku uses the Kaio-Ken Blue on Black and while the body snatcher is letting Goku wail on him to power himself up, he snatches Black's Potara away and tosses them to Gohan and Trunks. They become Gohanks and kill Black in a similar vein to what Gogeta does to Janemba in Movie 12.

Ending 2 - The "Clever" One - Gohan, while thinking of ways to win, remembers that Bulma came into the future with the microbands and that Kibito can teleport anywhere. So, while Goku, Trunks and Vegeta are trying not to die vs Black, Gohan and Kibito teleport to Bulma and borrow the microbands, teleporting inside of Black's body.

While the body snatcher finally beats everyone down and gets ready for the finishing blow, he suddenly starts vomiting and his power drops something fierce. Then, the dirty duo of Kibito and Gohan appear next to him, revealing their scheme and how they blew up his stomach from the inside out. Black tries to use what power he has left to get away only for Trunks to cut him through with his sword.[/spoiler]
I'd go with the second ending, as it's far more interesting. And because I'm a sucker for the protagonists using clever schemes to beat the villain. It'd have to fit with the way the plot has been unfolding up to that point, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:37 am

Finally updated my fanfic for the first time in almost six months. Man, writing is hard. Especially when life's constantly trying to kick you in the balls along the way.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Andalus23

Post by Andalus23 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:05 pm

For OC characters, what are some common cliches that you guys see?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Man, writing is hard. Especially when life's constantly trying to kick you in the balls along the way.
I hear ya. We're in April and I've only managed to finish a single chapter this year because of life. I want to work on my fanfic, but I just don't have the time these days.
Andalus23 wrote:For OC characters, what are some common cliches that you guys see?
Well, there's a lot to bring up. Are you looking for tropes to avoid, or are you just thinking in general?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Andalus23 wrote:For OC characters, what are some common cliches that you guys see?
"Ohmahgawd, da powerleeeevels!"
"Ah, that super special technique you have? I invented it"
"Vegeta is my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"
"Hair, my god"
"Special Heritage"
"Something something God"
"IT WAS ME, AUSTIN! IT WAS ALWAYS ME!"
"I was there when Planet Vegeta was blown up"
Alruneia wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote:Man, writing is hard. Especially when life's constantly trying to kick you in the balls along the way.
I hear ya. We're in April and I've only managed to finish a single chapter this year because of life. I want to work on my fanfic, but I just don't have the time these days.
Damn, and I thought my releases were bad. I've just been a few days off my two week cycle sometimes.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:20 pm

Chapter 2 for my story is a little over 2/3 done...My team and I were supposed to complete it 4 months ago. Yeah, IRL gets in the way, but if you keep picking at it, things'll get done.

Andalus23

Post by Andalus23 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Well, there's a lot to bring up. Are you looking for tropes to avoid, or are you just thinking in general?
I guess both? I definitely want to know what not to do, but also know what’s already been done to death.

So, cliches that you hate and are just ridiculous or tropes that are not necessarily bad, but just really common.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Andalus23 wrote:I guess both? I definitely want to know what not to do, but also know what’s already been done to death.

So, cliches that you hate and are just ridiculous or tropes that are not necessarily bad, but just really common.
It's just easier to start with tropes that are generally seen as "bad". Kanassa brings up a couple of good examples:
Kanassa wrote:"Ah, that super special technique you have? I invented it"
"Vegeta is my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate"
"IT WAS ME, AUSTIN! IT WAS ALWAYS ME!"
"I was there when Planet Vegeta was blown up"
All of these are examples of the same general trope you should avoid: OC shoehorning. There is in most cases no need for it, and it can easily come off as an attempt to make your character more important than they really are. If you find your character to not be worthwhile if he's not Vegeta's long lost brother, ditch him and write a character who is. If your character isn't imposing without retconning him into somehow having caused tragic canon events in the past, ditch him and write a character who is. If your character isn't wise without retconning him into having been responsible for canon techniques all along, ditch him and write a character who is. I think you get the idea. And that might not be easy to do, but the results will be far better if you pull it off.
Kanassa wrote:"Ohmahgawd, da powerleeeevels!"
"Special Heritage"
"Something something God"
Of course, there's nothing inherently wrong with making your character extremely strong, it's often necessary to create a villain, but you're going to need justification for this, and you have to make sure not to overdo the character's strength. A classic but bad explanation is the "super-ultra-mega-prodigy" one. Try to avoid this, as it can easily feel cheap. A less common one is that your character is randomly a god without there being a need for any gods in the area. Dragon Ball has a divine hierarchy, and adding "offshoot gods" can cheapen that idea. The simplest explanation, which is that your character is strong because they trained really hard for a really long time, can actually be much more satisfying than the previously mentioned explanations.

There's also a design topic I'd like to mention on the avoid-list: Over-design. If you take a look at Toriyama's character design, you'll easily notice how simple (most of) the characters are. In spite of this, many fan creators make overdesigned characters with excessive hair, spikes, body lines etc. In general, you should try to not do that, as it doesn't look good when you compare it to the designs in the rest of the franchise.

Here's a few common things you'll find in characters that aren't necessarily bad:
- They're a saiyan. This happens extremely often.
- If the above applies, the character is also a Super Saiyan.
- They're competent. (In a franchise such as Dragon Ball, this is actually worth mentioning, yes.)
- If they're a member of a canon species, they display personality traits not common for their race.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:01 pm

Alruneia wrote:All of these are examples of the same general trope you should avoid: OC shoehorning. There is in most cases no need for it, and it can easily come off as an attempt to make your character more important than they really are
Someone should have told Toriyama that when writing Beerus.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Alruneia wrote:All of these are examples of the same general trope you should avoid: OC shoehorning. There is in most cases no need for it, and it can easily come off as an attempt to make your character more important than they really are
Ki Shots fired! :P

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Well... yeah! In my experience, Beerus being retconned into having some responsibility for Planet Vegeta's destruction has had a "mixed reception", to put it that way. There was also no real need for him to be the reason for King Kai's planet's size and the (failed) extinction of Earth's dinosaurs.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Alruneia wrote:- They're competent. (In a franchise such as Dragon Ball, this is actually worth mentioning, yes.)
My OCs are competent, but this is offset by the fact that their own goals and methods can clash together enough times, as evil as the fact that the heroes are competent to.
"Mortal, God, Monkey, it doesn't matter. Everyone can appreciate the efficiency of a good death beam to the back. Want to make it funky? Go for ten!"

Kanassa wrote:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Well... yeah! In my experience, Beerus being retconned into having some responsibility for Planet Vegeta's destruction has had a "mixed reception", to put it that way. There was also no real need for him to be the reason for King Kai's planet's size and the (failed) extinction of Earth's dinosaurs.
I'm still waiting for Beerus' involvement with Planet Vegeta to get brought up and matter beyond a pointless bit of back story.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:40 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Alruneia wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Someone should have told Toriyama that when writing Beerus.
I'm still waiting for Beerus' involvement with Planet Vegeta to get brought up and matter beyond a pointless bit of back story.
They already missed that boat. Back when the tension between the mortals and the Gods was a thing, in the Champa, Zamasu and (most of) the ToP. They could have used Beerus' ambiguity as a cool plot point in a potential rebellion against the Gods (it was a plot point during the Champa arc for a while actually, and motivation for Bulma to do stuff on her own; shame it gets dropped after the arc ends and Beerus permanently becomes a good guy with no bad traits). Now they threw all that away when they revealed at the end of the ToP that jk lol the Gods were good guys all along.

Edit: actually, you know what would be amazing? If they now take this idea they butchered and make Freeza be the one to vocalize it. Make him be the voice of reason that alerts the other characters to the dangers of the Gods (whether they actually ARE a danger anymore is irrelevant) and let our stupid characters play into his master plan. Freeza as the one who blew up planet Vegeta is credible as to whether Beerus was involved or not and as an evil dictator he'd be perfect to establish parallels between his actions and those of the GoDs/Grand Priest/Zeno. This way we can take both concepts that were dropped (Freeza planning to overthrow the Gods and the tension between the mortals and Gods) and create an interesting arc out of it. Plus now that Goku has UI, proved himself as one of the strongest mortals, and as formed connections with other powerful mortals that value good and justice, fighting the Gods themselves seems like the next logical step (even if I believe both the ToP and UI came way too soon, but what's done is done).

Oh, this is just full of potential. I think I'll try writing a fanfic about this, since I don't trust the big Ts with an arc of this scale and I don't need to rewrite anything prior to it to make it work.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am

Doctor. wrote:They already missed that boat. Back when the tension between the mortals and the Gods was a thing, in the Champa, Zamasu and (most of) the ToP. They could have used Beerus' ambiguity as a cool plot point in a potential rebellion against the Gods (it was a plot point during the Champa arc for a while actually, and motivation for Bulma to do stuff on her own; shame it gets dropped after the arc ends and Beerus permanently becomes a good guy with no bad traits). Now they threw all that away when they revealed at the end of the ToP that jk lol the Gods were good guys all along.

Oh, this is just full of potential. I think I'll try writing a fanfic about this, since I don't trust the big Ts with an arc of this scale and I don't need to rewrite anything prior to it to make it work.
Yeah, I really intensely dislike how even Zeno, the amoral child ruler of the universe was suddenly revealed as understanding enough about good, evil, selfishness to organize a fighting tournament to (somehow) see if people were bad or not.

As for not rewriting anything, you gotta fix the scalling though ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:03 am

Does anyone here look at the Dragonball Heroes cutscenes for new characters? I watched a few minutes of it, first off, wow it is the ficcest of fanfics. And second, It has some interesting OCs and transformations of existing characters.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Does anyone else often find themselves writing more than they initially intended? I just uploaded the latest chapter of my fic and it ended up around 12k words. When I started writing the chapter, I thought it wouldn't go past 8000 words. That's nothing compared to a previous chapter, which ended up almost 18k words despite me trying to keep my chapters between 7000-9000 words. I have the basic plot structure planned out for my fic, as well as all the major events that will happen in it, but it seems that as I write, I keep getting new ideas that I have to integrate. Either that, or certain scenes end up much longer than I thought they'd be.

Hell, now that I think about it, I was doing this back in high school and university too. I would always go over the word limit for essays and reports, which would force me to have to trim them down. It was a painful process.
FoolsGil wrote:Does anyone here look at the Dragonball Heroes cutscenes for new characters? I watched a few minutes of it, first off, wow it is the ficcest of fanfics. And second, It has some interesting OCs and transformations of existing characters.
Not me. Heroes is too batshit crazy for my liking. I know Dragon Ball is a wacky series, and I do try and incorporate that in my fics... but I also like to keep them slightly more grounded in reality.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Does anyone else often find themselves writing more than they initially intended? I just uploaded the latest chapter of my fic and it ended up around 12k words. When I started writing the chapter, I thought it wouldn't go past 8000 words. That's nothing compared to a previous chapter, which ended up almost 18k words despite me trying to keep my chapters between 7000-9000 words. I have the basic plot structure planned out for my fic, as well as all the major events that will happen in it, but it seems that as I write, I keep getting new ideas that I have to integrate. Either that, or certain scenes end up much longer than I thought they'd be.

Hell, now that I think about it, I was doing this back in high school and university too. I would always go over the word limit for essays and reports, which would force me to have to trim them down. It was a painful process.
FoolsGil wrote:Does anyone here look at the Dragonball Heroes cutscenes for new characters? I watched a few minutes of it, first off, wow it is the ficcest of fanfics. And second, It has some interesting OCs and transformations of existing characters.
Not me. Heroes is too batshit crazy for my liking. I know Dragon Ball is a wacky series, and I do try and incorporate that in my fics... but I also like to keep them slightly more grounded in reality.
How people can get that many into a chapter baffles me. I'm not against, being a fast reader, but usually 7,000-8,000 is my max before it loses focus.

Once tried a Broly/DC crossover, and by 12,000 words, it was just becoming a hot mess (it was based on the 1st film Broly and the comic versions of the Justice League). My hat off to anyone that can keep a chapter going like that.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am

So, I've got yet another idea for a story after wrapping up the Save Trilogy. The title is The Monkey's Paw and the story for it is as follows: [spoiler]Goku, after defeating or surpassing the strongest humans and most of the Gods the multiverse has to offer, has spent the past few years training Oob to finally get a kick out of a fantastic battle for the first time in a long while. Oob manages to push Goku far but taps out around Goku's SS3 level of strength. The Saiyan is impressed by this, especially given how strong his SS3 level by itself is at this point but it's not enough to please a sort of irritable Goku for very long. Even Vegeta, who is one of the few people left to give him a good challenge still, has gotten sort of stale and boring since Goku knows how Vegeta fights almost intimately after so many sparring sessions.

The two talk during the downtime with Goku lamenting his boredom and asks Vegeta how he handles it, Vegeta suggests for him to do some other stuff besides just fighting or training but Goku doesn't feel that's the answer. The Prince departs, saying Bulma's improved the gravity machine to a new level and he wants to test it out (this gets him a snarky comment from Goku after the whole "Do something else with your life, clown!" advice from just a few minutes ago).

During one morning in the farming fields, Goku suddenly gets an idea: if he can't find a great opponent to fight him anymore, maybe someone could make one for him? He'd go to Bulma and she'd scoff at the idea of doing that, citing is impossible without something like the Dragon Balls which sends Goku to Dende, then to New Namek and then finally to Zuno, whom he'd ask for directions to the Super Dragon Balls. With that info, he'd then travel to Beerus' temple and bribe Whis into helping him out to gather the Super DBs.

Eventually, they do this and Goku makes his wish: a sparring partner who'll be able to get endlessly stronger and keep him hyped for battle forever! The dragon fulfills his request and creates an artificial Saiyan right then and there. The guy just kind of blankly stares at the people responsible for making him which earns him the name Blank. Goku explains who he is and why they're there and hastily sets up a match between them. At first, Blank doesn't do so hot, with Goku tossing him around like a rag doll, however, Blank, much like Majin Boo, has insane regen and infinite stamina and in the span of just 20 minutes, increases his power from the level of a regular Earthling to rivalling max power Perfect Cell!

Goku is naturally ecstatic about this development and is eager to keep going when his growling stomach makes him want to go home. Blank, trying to grasp what hunger is, says he doesn't feel it he thinks but agrees to go with Goku back to his house. Chi-Chi prepares a big dinner for everyone and Blank starts to eat, realizing he likes it but not as much as fighting. He then asks around everyone who they are, learning about stuff like family, children and when the last one gets explained to him, wonders out loud of Goku is his dad since he technically made him. After a minute of thinking about, Goku laughs and says he is and so Blank decides to call him dad. While everyone else is asleep, Blank stays up since he doesn't need it and starts checking stuff around the house, learning more about things without being able to escape a nagging feeling in the pit of his gut.

Months pass with Blank learning more and more things like reading, writing, drawing and even partakes in things like eating and sleeping even if he biologically has no use for them. He bonds with the Son family more, becoming a sort of little brother figure to Gohan and Goten while Chi-Chi is the overbearing mother trying to teach him more stuff about responsibility.

Fighting becomes his greatest passion, however, and it soon rivals Goku's own enthusiasm for it. It doesn't take long for him to reach and surpass Oob and to push Goku into using stuff like God and Blue. However, that small vacant feeling in Blank's stomach grows more and more intense, the other things that previously occupied his interest start to fade as his desire for battle burns hotter and hotter.

Soon, he starts to find any excuse for fighting, challenging shop owners to arm wrestling and such instead of paying for groceries, getting unreasonably violent when people accidentally bump into him on the street all of which culminates in him snapping and annihilating an entire city after powering up. Everyone arrives at the scene, wondering what happened with Blank trying to make sense of why he snapped. When Goku tries to defuse the situation and gives him a firm pat on the back, Blank's battle hunger flares up and he instinctively punches Goku to the other side the planet and instigates a fight with him.

The battle between the escalates higher and higher, culminating with Goku using a Blue KKX20 Kamehameha to finally end it, leaving him profoundly exhausted and wounded as a result. Blank stays hurt, for a short while before his body regenerates and he's initially happy. Citing that he'd never seen Goku do something so amazing and that he cannot wait to keep going at it. When Goku says they need to stop, for now, to rest at least a little and recuperate, Blank gets mad again and starts cursing Goku for not having his infinite stamina. His desire for battle burns even hotter when he realizes that Goku was definitely holding something back during their latest scuffle and wants to bring it out.

The other Z-fighters decide to intervene which causes another fight to break out, Blank kicks the asses of most of the people there with only Blue Evolution Vegeta managing to hold his own but Blank's rapidly rising power widens the gap too much for him to win. Eventually, Blank defeats everyone during another lull in the fighting only for the battle-hungry to explode even more. Blank almost destroys the planet and kills everyone on it when the urgings of Gohan and Goten manage to give him just strength to hold it back and rush off into space instead.

Soon, his discharges of power get the attention of Beerus and Whis all the way to their temple and the two proceed to leave there and investigate. Just as Blank's landing on an inhabited planet unleashes a meteorite extinction level event on it, Beerus and Whis arrive and start questioning who Blank is. The artificial Saiyan, sensing great power from Beerus losses control and engages the GoD in battle. At first, Beerus has the edge and manages to beat Blank fiercely enough to basically kill him three or four times over, but Blanks regeneration and rising power soon bridge the gap and Blank manages to end the fight by pounding Beerus into the dirt, forcing Whis to intervene or risk being deactivated by Beerus' untimately death.

Using a powerful sealing technique, Whis manages to place Blank inside his staff but notes that Blank's rapidly rising power will soon allow him to break free of even that. The Z-fighters meet with Beerus and Whis where the latter laments this development, citing that he did not foresee such a development coming about. Via the staff, they try to talk to Blank, to calm him down but it's not working. Like a scared child, he tells them that the hunger for battle is eating him alive, that he knows what he's doing is wrong and that he didn't want to hurt anyone but his conscience and good sense simply can't compare to the overwhelming instinct eating him alive.

Just in the span of a few days as the others try to come up with a solution to fix this, regather the Super DBs or something else, Blank's sanity slippage keeps pilling up and soon, the primal instinct starts melding with his knowledge of the world from books and the months he's spent living with the Son family. He soon starts to realize that Goku made him this way, he made him into a thing devoted solely to battle and then he and the rest of them gave Blank the possibility to understand just how screwed up this all really is. His resentment starts to get worse and worse and as he thrashes about inside the mini dimension inside Whis' staff, a massive upsurge of ki allows him to break it from the inside and gains enough of an upper hand against the Angel that Whis needs to abandon the temple.

Resigned to the fact he's already one of the most powerful beings in the universe and that soon nothing will be able to dent him, never mind satiate his growing desire to for battle, Blank flies across the seventh universe, causing untold havoc until something or someone manages to put him out of his misery. Whis grows more and more concerned with this, realizing that Blank has managed to surpass all but the Grand Priest and Zeno himself and that the former may also soon be surpassed.

The Z-Fighters suggest using the Zeno duo to stop him but Whis says that if they learn about the selfishness and repercussions of Goku's wish, they might just get mad enough to annihilate absolutely everything instead. Old Kai, however, gives them an idea, after the Black arc and witnessing the possibility of Vegetto being necessary for another future crisis, he and Shin invented modified Potara to allow the fused warrior to come back should another crisis terrible enough to warrant his return come up.

So, Goku and Vegeta fuse into Vegetto once again and face down Blank, when Vegetto powers up, the sheer magnitude of his strength blows Blank away, giving him a moment of clarity to tell them to kill him, no matter what it took before it became too late. The two do battle with Vegetto stacking more and more transformations to try and get a definitive edge of Blank's rapidly growing power. Eventually, Vegetto uses Ultra Instinct and by combining it with Kaio-Ken, is able to finally overpower Blank and damage him so profoundly that even his incredible regeneration cannot heal it properly fast enough.

As he lies in the crater with Vegetto standing over him, Blank apologizes for everything he's done and wishes things could've turned out different. Vegetto solemly agrees then vaporizes him out of existence. Old Kai and Shin de-fuse the two of them via the modified Potara soon after, with the Namekian Dragon Balls used to revive all the people killed by Blank along with Blank himself being reincarnated as a completely regular Earthling to give him another chance. The story ends with Goku farming in the fields, considering to stop for five, ten minutes tops to do some training before squashing the idea and staying the course.[/spoiler]
That's the whole thing, if anyone's got any thoughts or feedback, feel free to share.