General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:32 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I've been thinking about doing my personal rewrite of Super that I've had in my head for a while. And I plan on doing it after the Universe Survival Arc ends. But, 1. I don't know where I should post it. Fanfiction.net or here?
You can post it on both. And on title, it depends on how you go about rewriting the series. Will you have a linking theme you can get a title from or somthing?
1. Can I make a thread that will link everyone to Fanfiction.net to read there and for everyone to give their thoughts on each chapter when it comes out?

2. I am keeping the big theme on Gods, but I'm going to expand on the theme on the other universes.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I've been thinking about doing my personal rewrite of Super that I've had in my head for a while. And I plan on doing it after the Universe Survival Arc ends. But, 1. I don't know where I should post it. Fanfiction.net or here?
You can post it on both. And on title, it depends on how you go about rewriting the series. Will you have a linking theme you can get a title from or somthing?
1. Can I make a thread that will link everyone to Fanfiction.net to read there and for everyone to give their thoughts on each chapter when it comes out?

2. I am keeping the big theme on Gods, but I'm going to expand on the theme on the other universes.
1. Yes, you can.
2. Challenge the Gods? Tempest of the Gods? Welcome to the Multiverse? Deity's Folly? Dragon Ball Super Beyond? I'm not a good title person.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:32 am

Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Kanassa wrote: You can post it on both. And on title, it depends on how you go about rewriting the series. Will you have a linking theme you can get a title from or somthing?

1. Yes, you can.
2. Challenge the Gods? Tempest of the Gods? Welcome to the Multiverse? Deity's Folly? Dragon Ball Super Beyond? I'm not a good title person.
1. Good!
2. Dragon Ball Super Beyond it is!
3. Thank you!
4. Can I PM you about the concepts I have in mind?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: 1. Can I make a thread that will link everyone to Fanfiction.net to read there and for everyone to give their thoughts on each chapter when it comes out?

1. Yes, you can.
1. Good!
2. Dragon Ball Super Beyond it is!
3. Thank you!
4. Can I PM you about the concepts I have in mind?
Sure. I enjoy reading through concepts. I trade concepts with Ekrol sometimes.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Was not sure exactly were to post this so I'll do it here since its my writing. Ok this is my only 2 DB OC characters and their bios. The artwork was done by out very own TheDevilsCorpse for my deviant art account Tyrant King 169 (if you want proof it's me I can provide it.)

Adolphus and Cassowary

Adolphus
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Born: AGE 717 (60 years old, Physically 30+)
Race: Earthling
Home: Earth (Universe 6 - Born), Planet Savage (Universe 11 - Home)
Battle Power: ???
Goals: To hunt worthy prey.

Cassowary
Alignment: Neutral
Born: Age 747 (30 years old)
Race: Yamin
Home: Planet Dark (Universe 7 - Born), Planet Savage (Universe 11 - Home)
Battle Power: ???
Goals: To serve her master.

Born on Universe 6's Earth and abducted by aliens at the age of 10, Adolphus lived a life of  brutal slavery in a gladiatorial arena until the age of 21 when he was granted his freedom due to being unbeatable. During this time he was forged into a blood thirsty killer. Having no interest in in returning home he took to the life of a bounty hunter, finding the joy of the hunt to be sweeter then his fights in the arena. He would take any job, it didn't matter to him if they were hero, criminal or beast. Unless the bounty orders specifically stated "Wanted Alive" his targets were always brought back dead. Worse something would always be missing, primarily the head or the hide, Adolphus collect trophies as well as payment. When not working he still hunted, primarily Big Game Hunting, though he was often the only one to try and slay beasts with his bare hands. Things changed when he took a job to hunt for a run away scientist named Natu. The alien had discovered a way to allow ships to travel between universes and had gone on the run to keep his work from being stolen. While he had originally planed to doing things as usual,  Adolphus realised that with that technology he could expand both his business and his hunting ground. Upon finding Natu, Adolphus offered the alien a chance to work for him, guaranteeing the protection and payment for his services in exchanged for exclusive access to the Dimension Drive. With no other option Natu agreed.

Since that day Adolphus's bounty hunter business has boomed like no other. With free access to 12 universes Adolphus has had an endless supply of work, profit and most importantly prey.  This has made him the envy of many bounty hunters and assassins, even those much stronger then himself.

His has set up permanent residence in Universe 11 on planet Savage, a lush tropical world inhabited by a variety of dangerous species who's natural power levels are on average 40,000. Adolphus likes having them around as they keep out unwanted guests. His home on the planet is a large mansion of alien design which none of the wildlife go near out of fear, they know that is Adolphus's home. His home is primarily filled with the trophies of his hunts but one wing of the building is given over to Natu and his laboratory and another section belongs to his pet. He has been able to stay youthful thanks to expensive anti-ageing genetic manipulation however this is reaching it limit and he is exploring other methods of extending his life. He dose not want to life forever though, he just wants his end to be during the hunt, not a sick bed.

As he's gotten older and stronger Adolphus finds his job is becoming to easy and while its still never boring the thrill has lessened somewhat. As a result he's been push himself to find and hunt stronger foes when not working and constantly listens for rumours of strong fighters. While in Universe 7 many years ago he had heard stories about the savage saiyans that lived there and while searching for the resurrected tyrant Frieza, who he was looking to collect a bounty on, he discovered that the saiyans of U7 have survived. Some have become a thing called "Super Saiyan God" and he is no were near strong enough to take on one of them...yet. However there are other saiyans on earth, better super saiyans. Unfortunately two of them a children, not worthy of hunting but the adult son of this Son Goku should prove to be worthy prey.

Adolphus was born with a very rare brain disorder causes him to have great difficulty controlling ki and cannot sense it at all. This means that despite of being unnaturally powerful for a human and years of training he can only fly and unleash powerful Kiai blasts. However he has learned to overcome his limitations with hard work, technology and psychic training. By nature Adolphus is not a conventional fighter, he is a hunter by trade and his combat style reflects this. He will spend a long time stalking his target, watching them and learning. He will not attack unless his has a sufficient gauge of his target and the hunting ground. If possible he will set up traps and distraction. He will almost never engage his target in a straight fight from the start unless he has no choice. He will normally attack from a distance and try to wear them down first. Preferable he likes to scare them, make them panic, stop them thinking and prevent them from sensing ki effectively. Once his prey is weakened he will attack them with savage brutality. However he is not the kind to play all his cards at once, he will almost always hold back on using some weapons and abilities to use later in the fight. While he doesn't view weaklings and children as worthy prey, has no problem killing them if they get in his way or use them to gain an edge over his target. A fight with Adolphus is a fight to the death and he will do anything to win.

While he makes use of a wide variety of weapons he always carries a standard set at all times and thanks to the large funds he's amassed he has some of the most advanced weapons in the 12 universes.

The blaster on his right are is cybernetically linked to his arm when attached and draws ki energy directly from his body. As a result the blaster is far more powerful then any conventional one and will adjust its blast strength in accordance to the power level reading from the scouter he wears. It also has a variety of firing modes. Should the scouter be destroyed the blaster will fire a full power when used. It is also constructed of Katchin, making it vertically unbreakable. The down side to this weapon is that it uses ki which many races can sense however because of power Adolphus can destroy planets and powerful enemies if the need arises. 

The gauntlet on his arm is a customised version of old Helior tech which Adolphus picked up as payment in an alternate version of U7 during an incident involving the time patrol. This version has been reverse engineered to interoperate micro tech similar to capsule corp's along with its own nano tech. As a result its able to store large numbers of missiles. This tech has also been used on said missiles to increase their speed and destructive power to the point that they can chase and harm powerful ki users. The pouch on his waist has several small cubes that are actually ammo magazines for the gauntlet and each contains different missile types.  If the scouter is broken then the missiles will auto-lock on to the first target they locate. It also contains the "God Blade", an extendible, nano tech blade that can slice through a molecule. 

The scouter he wears can calculate very high power levels and doesn't explode if a reading is to high. it will simply list it as unreadable. Its readings, as mentioned, influence the power of the blasters shots and also acts as a targeter for the missiles fired from the left wrist gauntlet. 

The grenades on his belt are Ice Prison Grenades. When used they explode unleashing a jell that covers the target then rapidly freezes. This weapons will paralyse most beings if it covers them completely.

The weapon over his right shoulder is a customised Tuffle beam rifle. Was given to Adolphus by an old Tuffle survivor who told him about saiyans. More powerful then it looks, its primarily a backup weapons or is used against weaker prey to keep things sporting.

The weapon over his left shoulder is a blue Nyoi-bō (Compliant Pole) identical to the red one Goku used as a child. Adolphus has never revealed were he got it.

Adolphus has had psychic training. He primarily uses it to telekinetically manipulate his missiles and blasts as other would their ki. He can also paralyse his target this way however he always saves it as his last trump card. It is possible he has other abilities he keeps hidden.

His pet Cassowary is member of the Yamin from planet Dark and is an albino of her species. Adolphus found her while hunting for the legendary beast Yakon. While he never found the monster he did find a strong mother and her offspring. After slaying the mother in a hunt he went to inspect the young. There had been 5 but young Cassowary had devoured he siblings in the manner of their kind. Upon seeing Adolphus she leapt at him with incredible speed, actually catching him off guard, and slashed him across the face. Rather then angered, Adolphus was impressed by the young Yamin and decided to raise her as a hunting beast. The training was as harsh and brutal as his had been in the arena, some of Cassowary's scars are from that time . But like him, she had grown strong because of it. Now she is a loyal pet who's strength rivals her master's. Most of the time she is used as a flusher or tracker however there are times when she is sent to complete the hunt by herself. On her own she fights in a similar, all be it more primitive, way as her master. She uses her Light Drinking power to weaker her foes and restore lost energy. She has also developed the ability to mix light energy she has just consumed with he own ki and realise it as a powerful beam attack. The collar on her neck can inject her body with a powerful combat drug that sends her into a berserker rage and boosts her power. This is done by pressing one of the buttons on the collar, the other is to stop it though the effects take time to wear off. The amount of drug the collar has can be seen on the gauge near the battens

While dangerous alone, together Adolphus and Cassowary lethal. They have lived and hunted together for so long that they can perform complex, synchronised attacks and manoeuvres without communicating in any way

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Anything to expand the other universes lore is a great thing. Very interesting characters Lord Frieza.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:50 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Anything to expand the other universes lore is a great thing. Very interesting characters Lord Frieza.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:37 am

Is it a bad thing when you think a certain part of what you've written doesn't sound 'Dragon Ball' and it isn't intentional? Like, some times I look at some of my dialouge or jokes I make and I think "Probably wouldn't be said on the show"

Kanassa wrote:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:27 am

Kanassa wrote:Is it a bad thing when you think a certain part of what you've written doesn't sound 'Dragon Ball' and it isn't intentional? Like, some times I look at some of my dialouge or jokes I make and I think "Probably wouldn't be said on the show"
I don't think it's necessary for every last detail to "feel Dragon Ball", no. It should generally feel like the series in an overall sense, but I see no harm in branching off every now and then, intentionally or not.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 am

Kanassa wrote:Is it a bad thing when you think a certain part of what you've written doesn't sound 'Dragon Ball' and it isn't intentional? Like, some times I look at some of my dialouge or jokes I make and I think "Probably wouldn't be said on the show"
If you read your stuff and constantly think that it doesn't fit Dragon Ball, then maybe you should change it a little. I don't think there's anything wrong with deviating from the "formula" a little bit, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:11 am

Dragon Balls formula hasn't worked for years so I say deviating from it can only help you.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 pm

I agree on not necessarily following the "formula."
Its not a bad thing for a fanfic to capture some of the original's feel but to also capture the fanfic's author's feelings in the writing.
I think it gives the work a little character to distinguish it from the original as well as from other fanfics.

So, way back when the Yo! special came out, I started writing my own DB fanfic, my first (and only) in fact. And like so many others, I never finished it. Once BoG, RoF, and eventually Super came out, I sort of threw in the towel. The mistake I made was trying to rewrite my story to fit in with all the new content.
My goal with my story was to make most of the "supporting" cast more relevant. At first I had Goku missing from the story because he was training with Uub. Then I changed it so he was training with Whis. Anyway, the point was, the others would have to step up to the challenge without Goku to bail them out.
My first threat that the Z fighters would face was... all their old enemies (mostly because I don't feel very confident in my abilities to creat original characters). It was an attempt to combine the elements of the GT's Super 17 story with Super's RoF story with Cell as the most powerful of the returning antagonists. (I forgot to mention that I chose to make as much DB material "canon" to my story as I could so most movie villians are also in "anime-Hell" like what we saw in the Buu saga and Super 17 saga.) I didn't want any of my characters, good or bad, to get ridiculous power ups out of no where so to try to do that was to have the villians (dubbed the Hell fighters in my story) begin training immediately after watching Buu's defeat with Bibidi leading them. The most "fanfic-y" type thing I wrote was for Cell. I had him absorb 19, 20, and Super 13 then also add DNA from his new "friends" in hell. This put him somewhere in the neighborhood of Buu's level.
Anyway, all of this is happening unbeknownst to the Z fighters.
Back in the living world, using tech from the machines Slug brought to Earth, Bulma and her father start terraforming other planets in the Solar System; Mars, Venus, some of the Jovian worlds, and Saturn's Titan. On top of that, thanks to an idea from Goku, they use the Earth's Dragon Balls and the Namekian Dragon Balls to move New Namek into our Solar System. (I could've just used one set of DBs but the idea of summoning both Shenron and Porunga at the same time was too tempting.) This is what motivated the Z fighters to continue pushing themselves to greater heights; having to protect not just the Earth but the entire Solar System as well as two sets of DBs.
After some time had come to pass, during another Otherworld Tournament, the Hell fighters break out of hell and attack the tournament. They take the Kais hostage before demanding the Z fighters be summoned. The reason I chose the Otherworld Tournament was because, at the time, DB had never had a full on battle royale. Of course,now that's changed.
It was to be the Z fighters plus Otherworld Tournament contestants (Pikkon and the rest) against the Hell fighters.

That's the gist of it for the most part. I thought maybe if I post this, I'll find a little motivation to continue writing. And if not, at least I've finally told someone at least a small fraction of what I had created.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:32 am

Power Metal wrote:I agree on not necessarily following the "formula."
Its not a bad thing for a fanfic to capture some of the original's feel but to also capture the fanfic's author's feelings in the writing.
I think it gives the work a little character to distinguish it from the original as well as from other fanfics.

So, way back when the Yo! special came out, I started writing my own DB fanfic, my first (and only) in fact. And like so many others, I never finished it. Once BoG, RoF, and eventually Super came out, I sort of threw in the towel. The mistake I made was trying to rewrite my story to fit in with all the new content.
My goal with my story was to make most of the "supporting" cast more relevant. At first I had Goku missing from the story because he was training with Uub. Then I changed it so he was training with Whis. Anyway, the point was, the others would have to step up to the challenge without Goku to bail them out.
My first threat that the Z fighters would face was... all their old enemies (mostly because I don't feel very confident in my abilities to creat original characters). It was an attempt to combine the elements of the GT's Super 17 story with Super's RoF story with Cell as the most powerful of the returning antagonists. (I forgot to mention that I chose to make as much DB material "canon" to my story as I could so most movie villians are also in "anime-Hell" like what we saw in the Buu saga and Super 17 saga.) I didn't want any of my characters, good or bad, to get ridiculous power ups out of no where so to try to do that was to have the villians (dubbed the Hell fighters in my story) begin training immediately after watching Buu's defeat with Bibidi leading them. The most "fanfic-y" type thing I wrote was for Cell. I had him absorb 19, 20, and Super 13 then also add DNA from his new "friends" in hell. This put him somewhere in the neighborhood of Buu's level.
Anyway, all of this is happening unbeknownst to the Z fighters.
Back in the living world, using tech from the machines Slug brought to Earth, Bulma and her father start terraforming other planets in the Solar System; Mars, Venus, some of the Jovian worlds, and Saturn's Titan. On top of that, thanks to an idea from Goku, they use the Earth's Dragon Balls and the Namekian Dragon Balls to move New Namek into our Solar System. (I could've just used one set of DBs but the idea of summoning both Shenron and Porunga at the same time was too tempting.) This is what motivated the Z fighters to continue pushing themselves to greater heights; having to protect not just the Earth but the entire Solar System as well as two sets of DBs.
After some time had come to pass, during another Otherworld Tournament, the Hell fighters break out of hell and attack the tournament. They take the Kais hostage before demanding the Z fighters be summoned. The reason I chose the Otherworld Tournament was because, at the time, DB had never had a full on battle royale. Of course,now that's changed.
It was to be the Z fighters plus Otherworld Tournament contestants (Pikkon and the rest) against the Hell fighters.

That's the gist of it for the most part. I thought maybe if I post this, I'll find a little motivation to continue writing. And if not, at least I've finally told someone at least a small fraction of what I had created.
Sounds like a nice action romp. Though why would Goku and Vegeta being off with Whis stop them from helping? Unless Whis decided not to tell them about it.
ekrolo2 wrote:Dragon Balls formula hasn't worked for years so I say deviating from it can only help you.
I wasn't really talking about general formula, I simply meant more in tone or feel. I mean, I know my fic does not fit the DB formula, Goku's no where near it and nobody gets a new made up Super Sayan-esc transformation. Like, I have a joke where one character says that they have been in a relationship before, only for another to reply "Your right hand, as everlasting and loving a relationship you share, does not count". Dialogue like that makes me stop and think that for Dragon Ball, that would definitely be phrased differently or something.

Kanassa wrote:

Valese101

Post by Valese101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:02 pm

So I have this fanfic that I've published on Wattpad, but I haven't got any decent reviews on it. Is it alright to paste the link since it's a long fanfic? I would love to get some criticisms on it :D

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Valese101 wrote:Is it alright to paste the link since it's a long fanfic?
Absolutely. Feel free to write a little description, too, if you want, so people know what they're clicking.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Valese101

Post by Valese101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Valese101 wrote:Is it alright to paste the link since it's a long fanfic?
Absolutely. Feel free to write a little description, too, if you want, so people know what they're clicking.
Thank you. I hope you guys enjoy the fanfic. Its called Meeting Your Long-Lost Father. Here is the desrcipyon for it

Valese had all she ever wanted. She had friends and a place to call home. Unfortunately it wouldn't last. A forbidden night lead to the mysterious disappearance of Valese. After searching the whole planet, the trio of Goten, Trunks, and Marron wondered about their lost friend and hoped for her safe return. 14 years has passed since that day, Goten and Marron has raised a small family and Trunks continued his bachelor ways.

The trio's wish has been granted and Valese returned, yet in a way they never thought of. Valese returned with a son.

Link- https://www.wattpad.com/story/24416506- ... fanfiction

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:04 am

So I've been a massive Dragon Ball fan since the early 90's and I've watched it and played the games my whole life. I have always wanted to write my own story but I just never sat down and did it. So after YEARS of it festering I did. I sat down and opened Microsoft Word on June 27th, 2016. Since then it's exploded into a 305 page monster. With SINGLE spacing and none of that BS fluff crap to make it look like it's more. It started off with just me and my OC then I met some friends in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 who loved DBZ as much as I.

Then I discovered one of them loved to write just as much as me. So I shared my story with her and both friends read it and critiqued it as I went a long. Fast forward to 146 pages and she tells me she's going to write he own Fan Fic with her own OC. She did then we had a big idea. What if we merge our two stories together and have our OC's interact with each other? So we opened up Google Docs and that evolved into the current 305 page behemoth we have today. It took me a while to get up to sharing with them at first but I am glad I did. I guess I am not so much afraid of criticism as I am people making fun of me I guess. I figured enough time has passed and I would see if the community here is interested.

This story is set in an alternate universe that does play off of the main story but it does not follow it entirely. Movies and GT history are all there in their own way. But it could be X character actually killed X or Z escaped from planet Y. The story is a baby Saiyan is found in the woods by an loving couple and raise him ALA Gohan style. He realizes he's different and grows up wondering about his origins. It's heavy on Slice of Life and Romance but it also has a lot of fighting scenes and action and what have you. He goes to school and meets Pan who he falls in love with. Before you go flying off the handle here this story is set past the GT "Age" line. So Pan is 16 and pushing 17 so you can chill out haha. I'm trying not to give too much away but I want to hook you guys too. His father is a certain Saiyan with the extreme urge to yell Goku's name a lot. His mother...well I'll leave that for you to find out if you are interested. I try to include as many people as I can without it overwhelming me/you.

In this story Bra and Maron actually have major roles as well as a completely new OC they meet in school. I write this for me and my friend because we enjoy it. But I think it's high time I share with you all IF you're interested. What I have shared here REALLY doesn't do it ANY kind of justice whatsoever but I have to be careful not to add too much.

Fair warning to those interested it does have (At least to me) quite a few cringy moments that might make you say "The fuck?" But don't all Fan Fics? My writing can be seen developing a long the way and a certain characteristic of the Main OCs is quite evident for a while until my friend pointed it out that it was beginning to sour the whole thing. He was pretty sensitive for a while and cried a lot. There are some weird moments but after a certain point all that stops and it seems more natural. But instead of going back to alter all of that I just left it to show the progress I have made since I started.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 am

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:So I've been a massive Dragon Ball fan since the early 90's and I've watched it and played the games my whole life. I have always wanted to write my own story but I just never sat down and did it. So after YEARS of it festering I did. I sat down and opened Microsoft Word on June 27th, 2016. Since then it's exploded into a 305 page monster. With SINGLE spacing and none of that BS fluff crap to make it look like it's more. It started off with just me and my OC then I met some friends in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 who loved DBZ as much as I.

Then I discovered one of them loved to write just as much as me. So I shared my story with her and both friends read it and critiqued it as I went a long. Fast forward to 146 pages and she tells me she's going to write he own Fan Fic with her own OC. She did then we had a big idea. What if we merge our two stories together and have our OC's interact with each other? So we opened up Google Docs and that evolved into the current 305 page behemoth we have today. It took me a while to get up to sharing with them at first but I am glad I did. I guess I am not so much afraid of criticism as I am people making fun of me I guess. I figured enough time has passed and I would see if the community here is interested.

This story is set in an alternate universe that does play off of the main story but it does not follow it entirely. Movies and GT history are all there in their own way. But it could be X character actually killed X or Z escaped from planet Y. The story is a baby Saiyan is found in the woods by an loving couple and raise him ALA Gohan style. He realizes he's different and grows up wondering about his origins. It's heavy on Slice of Life and Romance but it also has a lot of fighting scenes and action and what have you. He goes to school and meets Pan who he falls in love with. Before you go flying off the handle here this story is set past the GT "Age" line. So Pan is 16 and pushing 17 so you can chill out haha. I'm trying not to give too much away but I want to hook you guys too. His father is a certain Saiyan with the extreme urge to yell Goku's name a lot. His mother...well I'll leave that for you to find out if you are interested. I try to include as many people as I can without it overwhelming me/you.

In this story Bra and Maron actually have major roles as well as a completely new OC they meet in school. I write this for me and my friend because we enjoy it. But I think it's high time I share with you all IF you're interested. What I have shared here REALLY doesn't do it ANY kind of justice whatsoever but I have to be careful not to add too much.

Fair warning to those interested it does have (At least to me) quite a few cringy moments that might make you say "The fuck?" But don't all Fan Fics? My writing can be seen developing a long the way and a certain characteristic of the Main OCs is quite evident for a while until my friend pointed it out that it was beginning to sour the whole thing. He was pretty sensitive for a while and cried a lot. There are some weird moments but after a certain point all that stops and it seems more natural. But instead of going back to alter all of that I just left it to show the progress I have made since I started.
Well, did you post it at fanfiction.net or...?

SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:49 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
SuperSaiyanPan wrote:So I've been a massive Dragon Ball fan since the early 90's and I've watched it and played the games my whole life. I have always wanted to write my own story but I just never sat down and did it. So after YEARS of it festering I did. I sat down and opened Microsoft Word on June 27th, 2016. Since then it's exploded into a 305 page monster. With SINGLE spacing and none of that BS fluff crap to make it look like it's more. It started off with just me and my OC then I met some friends in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1 who loved DBZ as much as I.

Well, did you post it at fanfiction.net or...?
I didn't know about that website until you told me just now. So no I did not, I was just wondering if anyone here was interested. But I will have to deal with this when I get home from work. Are you interested in it?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:39 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:I didn't know about that website until you told me just now. So no I did not, I was just wondering if anyone here was interested. But I will have to deal with this when I get home from work. Are you interested in it?
Well, post it because it's your choice, not because of my interest. But yeah, I'm interested. 305 pages, that's quite a story to be just sitting on your computer collecting dust.