General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Since we're talking about rewriting Dragon Ball Super, I got 3 questions for you guys:

1) Would you guys have Gohan and Piccolo be much more relevant than they were in the actual show, maybe on the same type of relevancy as Goku and Vegeta?

2) Would you include much more original villains than just having Freeza and Broly?

3) Would you have a Demon Realm Arc?
1, Probably not, they don't have the drive for fighting and training they used to. I'd probably keep them as doing exercises to keep each other in shape, getting somewhat stronger in the process but I think the days of them driving themselves to the limits are passed.
2. I wouldn't do a Freeza arc, as much as I like him in the ToP, I've already done a remake of RoF and have no desire to do another. Broly is a maybe, depending on how shit the next movie is (pretty likely I'd say).
3. No, the Demon Realm is boring and I don't see much point in doing it now when we're in the multiverse.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:22 pm

How would you guys deal with the power gap between SSGod, Blue and Beerus? I feel like if you make it too small they'll catch up to him fast but if you make it too big, it'll lead to ridiculous, anime levels of power increases.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:How would you guys deal with the power gap between SSGod, Blue and Beerus? I feel like if you make it too small they'll catch up to him fast but if you make it too big, it'll lead to ridiculous, anime levels of power increases.
In my fanfic (which uses the Super manga up until the end of the Zamasu arc, but not the ToP and beyond):
Blue is a fair bit above God, but not vastly stronger. I don't use specific multipliers when I write, but I imagine it being something like Mastered Blue ~= God x5.
In the beginning of my story, Beerus is a fair bit above Blue Goku/Vegeta, but not vastly stronger. As I begin at EoZ, the gap is actually very small, though Beerus has the upper hand. I feel like it's fine that Goku and Vegeta are close to surpassing him by the time EoZ rolls by. Once again, perhaps it could be something like Beerus ~= Mastered Blue Goku (Zamasu arc) x5.

In short, the gaps in question are pretty small in my fanfic.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:49 am

Alruneia wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:How would you guys deal with the power gap between SSGod, Blue and Beerus? I feel like if you make it too small they'll catch up to him fast but if you make it too big, it'll lead to ridiculous, anime levels of power increases.
In my fanfic (which uses the Super manga up until the end of the Zamasu arc, but not the ToP and beyond):
Blue is a fair bit above God, but not vastly stronger. I don't use specific multipliers when I write, but I imagine it being something like Mastered Blue ~= God x5.
In the beginning of my story, Beerus is a fair bit above Blue Goku/Vegeta, but not vastly stronger. As I begin at EoZ, the gap is actually very small, though Beerus has the upper hand. I feel like it's fine that Goku and Vegeta are close to surpassing him by the time EoZ rolls by. Once again, perhaps it could be something like Beerus ~= Mastered Blue Goku (Zamasu arc) x5.

In short, the gaps in question are pretty small in my fanfic.
I'm mostly talking about a God scale type situation, like how Toriyama said SSGod Goku was a 6 to Beerus' 10. The difference between a 6 and 7 is what mostly bugs me. If you make it too big, Goku & Vegeta will need to become thousands upon thousands of times stronger to get anywhere, especially if you put them at the bottom of the food chain.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:41 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I'm mostly talking about a God scale type situation, like how Toriyama said SSGod Goku was a 6 to Beerus' 10. The difference between a 6 and 7 is what mostly bugs me. If you make it too big, Goku & Vegeta will need to become thousands upon thousands of times stronger to get anywhere, especially if you put them at the bottom of the food chain.
You want to keep the 6-10-15 scale around? To me that feels like making things more complicated than they need to be, but okay.
I think the scale would be logarithmic, but with a low base, not "6 on the scale x 10 (this number is the base) = 7 on the scale". Your choice of base will come down to how strong you think Blue is compared to God and whether you include Blue Kaioken or not, though.
For whatever base b you pick, b^4 will be the gap between BoG God Goku and Beerus. (Simple examples: 2^4 = 16, 3^4 = 81, 4^4 = 256, 5^4 = 625, 6^4 = 1296.) So you should definitely pick a low base if you don't want Beerus to be over a thousand times stronger than BoG God Goku.

I think the gap between a 6 and a 7 on the scale could be somewhere between x2 and x4 if you're following the manga, and somewhere between x3 and x5 if you're following the anime.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:16 am

Alruneia wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I'm mostly talking about a God scale type situation, like how Toriyama said SSGod Goku was a 6 to Beerus' 10. The difference between a 6 and 7 is what mostly bugs me. If you make it too big, Goku & Vegeta will need to become thousands upon thousands of times stronger to get anywhere, especially if you put them at the bottom of the food chain.
You want to keep the 6-10-15 scale around? To me that feels like making things more complicated than they need to be, but okay.
I think the scale would be logarithmic, but with a low base, not "6 on the scale x 10 (this number is the base) = 7 on the scale". Your choice of base will come down to how strong you think Blue is compared to God and whether you include Blue Kaioken or not, though.
For whatever base b you pick, b^4 will be the gap between BoG God Goku and Beerus. (Simple examples: 2^4 = 16, 3^4 = 81, 4^4 = 256, 5^4 = 625, 6^4 = 1296.) So you should definitely pick a low base if you don't want Beerus to be over a thousand times stronger than BoG God Goku.

I think the gap between a 6 and a 7 on the scale could be somewhere between x2 and x4 if you're following the manga, and somewhere between x3 and x5 if you're following the anime.
My idea for the scaling is that Ritual God Goku attains an absurdly high level of power but looses almost all of it when he powers down. Then he'd and Vegeta would have to spend the rest of the time catching up not only to Beerus but also to BoG God Goku.

I wouldn't include stuff like Blue KK or Blue Evolution, I'm not sure I'd even have Blue itself appear but rather have Goku & Vegeta train God up to higher and higher strength levels, using the Ki leaking concept as a big factor in advancement.

Yeah, I think I'll go with an x2 gap between levels on the scale, that seems good enough of a sweet spot to avoid making them too small or big.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:04 pm

You know what'd make a cool Future Trunks AU scenario? Tarble arriving on the desolate Earth, asking for help to defeat Aka and giving Future Gohan & Trunks a means of going out into space and finding New Namek.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 pm

Just let them catch up and integrate Beerus into the plots as a fighter instead of the "I can deal with the problem if I want to" plot device he usually is. The others catching up could give him incentive to train as well and you could always explore and develop his character through that.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 am

Doctor. wrote:
Just let them catch up and integrate Beerus into the plots as a fighter instead of the "I can deal with the problem if I want to" plot device he usually is. The others catching up could give him incentive to train as well and you could always explore and develop his character through that.
I hadn't thought of that but it does have potential. I was going to have Broly almost beat him and Beerus almost losing the fight because he got lax & lazy sounds good.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Has anyone written a M13 in Trunks' timeline yet? Both M13 and XV2 pretty much confirm that's how Trunks got his sword in the anime continuity (not like it ever needed an explanation but hey), but has anyone attempted to write a full story about it?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 pm

Doctor. wrote:Has anyone written a M13 in Trunks' timeline yet? Both M13 and XV2 pretty much confirm that's how Trunks got his sword in the anime continuity (not like it ever needed an explanation but hey), but has anyone attempted to write a full story about it?
I've considered it but I don't know how you even have the deal with Hirudegarn.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:57 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Has anyone written a M13 in Trunks' timeline yet? Both M13 and XV2 pretty much confirm that's how Trunks got his sword in the anime continuity (not like it ever needed an explanation but hey), but has anyone attempted to write a full story about it?
I'm guessing you can just seal him as a solution, but that's not a very permanent solution. Or you could power him down, but that would just be a cop-out.

Or go with Tapion's original plan and he kills himself.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
I'm guessing you can just seal him as a solution, but that's not a very permanent solution. Or you could power him down, but that would just be a cop-out.

Or go with Tapion's original plan and he kills himself.
Tapion killing himself would be pretty fitting with Future Trunks' timeline being the tragic one.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:52 pm

I haven't actually written anything (yet), but I've smashed some ideas together and made a rough outline.

I set it up as a story about newly-Super-Saiyan Trunks managing to regain his motivation after Gohan's death, with Tapion temporarily serving as a substitute "big brother" figure for him, just like with the younger Trunks in Movie 13. I did plan on simply having Tapion die to prevent Hirudegarn from being fully released, though I gave the role of killing him to the Androids. If nothing else, they wouldn't like that he's harboring something more powerful than themselves. I also gave a sizable role to Muten Roshi, letting him clash with Hoi and probably even somehow sacrificing himself in the end.

I think I've got some good ideas and I would like to turn them into a full-fledged fanfic at some point, but it's not even close to the top of my fanwork priority list. I'd have to get way ahead in GTR before I even thought about it.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:54 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Since we're talking about rewriting Dragon Ball Super, I got 3 questions for you guys:

1) Would you guys have Gohan and Piccolo be much more relevant than they were in the actual show, maybe on the same type of relevancy as Goku and Vegeta?

2) Would you include much more original villains than just having Freeza and Broly?

1, Probably not, they don't have the drive for fighting and training they used to. I'd probably keep them as doing exercises to keep each other in shape, getting somewhat stronger in the process but I think the days of them driving themselves to the limits are passed.
2. I wouldn't do a Freeza arc, as much as I like him in the ToP, I've already done a remake of RoF and have no desire to do another. Broly is a maybe, depending on how shit the next movie is (pretty likely I'd say).
3. No, the Demon Realm is boring and I don't see much point in doing it now when we're in the multiverse.
1) Really? You don't think Piccolo has any drive for fighting? The same guy who trains every single day in his life?

2) What type of original villains would you include?

3) Who's to say that there aren't any Demon Realms in the other universes?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:09 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

1) Really? You don't think Piccolo has any drive for fighting? The same guy who trains every single day in his life?

2) What type of original villains would you include?

3) Who's to say that there aren't any Demon Realms in the other universes?
1) If Piccolo had the drive to go out there and find new masters & opponents, we would've seen him do it by now. What's far more likely is that Piccolo trains to keep himself in-shape but the younger days when he was out to prove himself are long gone. Maybe this drive would've remained if he'd never fused with Kami but that's irrelevant now.

2) I've got an idea for an Earthling villain from U6 who's all about going across the cosmos, starting fights/wars to see all the different kinds of martial arts abilities there are so he can learn and master them himself. I'd probably make the destruction of U6 Earth his fault. It lets us have an Earthling villain again and a guy who's more about the craft of martial arts, their advancement, mastery and development in his own twisted way over raw power. It'd let me do a whole bunch of crazy things besides "giant fuck off lazer #2912".

He'd probably be the third adversary they'd face with the line going: Beerus then Hit then U6 Earthling then Broly then Jiren and finally Black & Zamasu.

3) I get the appeal of the Demon Realm but its just not my thing.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 am

Wasn't there something about a Namekian Book in Super? Maybe if Piccolo gets ahold of this book, he'll have a fire ignited in training again, because of all the new information he's been given. That could lead him to becoming relevant again.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:24 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Wasn't there something about a Namekian Book in Super? Maybe if Piccolo gets ahold of this book, he'll have a fire ignited in training again, because of all the new information he's been given. That could lead him to becoming relevant again.
I'm not really a fan of that concept, Porunga and Shenron do things their creators can't all the time so why shouldn't that extend to knowledge? Plus the whole business with Yamoshi's somehow being a wandering spirit doesn't jive with me or how the afterlife works in DB.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:56 pm

To sidestep a BoG related issue with regards to the ritual, specifically why Gohan isn't picked over Goku when he's a lot stronger than his dad, I'm thinking of introducing another requirement to the ritual: the initial rush of power requires a specific mindset to overcome and contain the power of SSG, a sort of calm eye in the storm which Gohan tries to pull off but backfires on him. This would sort of hint at Whis' training down the line which would similarly require someone to simultaneously pull of an SS3 level burst of power but remaining calm while doing so in place of the usual screaming fest.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:To sidestep a BoG related issue with regards to the ritual, specifically why Gohan isn't picked over Goku when he's a lot stronger than his dad, I'm thinking of introducing another requirement to the ritual: the initial rush of power requires a specific mindset to overcome and contain the power of SSG, a sort of calm eye in the storm which Gohan tries to pull off but backfires on him. This would sort of hint at Whis' training down the line which would similarly require someone to simultaneously pull of an SS3 level burst of power but remaining calm while doing so in place of the usual screaming fest.
I just assume that the ritual only works on pure-bloods (even though halflings can still contribute). Saves me a whole lot of trouble trying to figure out why they never used the ritual again.