General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Well, here's just an idea of what could be done with the possibly revived 6 new Gods of destruction from universes 13 to 18, and how they could be antagonists.

After being revived, and learning that their resurrection was nothing more than a side effect, the 6 Gods decide to take the necessary action to ensure their own peace of mind by eliminating the being that destroyed them, Zeno.

After being visiting the other 12 Gods of Destruction to see if they would be willing to go through with their plot, the cast a spell that incapacitates the angels, Zeno, the Grand Priest and the all the Gods of Destruction that didn't want to go along with their scheme.

After they've been incapacitated, the rogue Gods try to destroy Zeno, the Grand Priest, the angels and the Gods of Destruction that opposed them in a bid for power and security, leaving only the mortals of each universe to fend for the incapacitated deities.
...They just happen to ahve a spell that can incapacitate all of the most poewrful beings in the multi-verse? Why didn't they use this before Zeno erased them from existence?
My question is why bother going through revealing themselves to other Gods when they could just storm Zeno's realm out of the blue, incapacitate everyone inside including both Zenos, kill both Zenos and then take off?
Well, having the support, or at least, the non-intervention of other Gods of Destruction would make the coup and take over run a lot more cleanly, and would also allow for them to identitfy potential enemies to be disposed of.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 am

JazzMazz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Kanassa wrote: ...They just happen to ahve a spell that can incapacitate all of the most poewrful beings in the multi-verse? Why didn't they use this before Zeno erased them from existence?
My question is why bother going through revealing themselves to other Gods when they could just storm Zeno's realm out of the blue, incapacitate everyone inside including both Zenos, kill both Zenos and then take off?
Well, having the support, or at least, the non-intervention of other Gods of Destruction would make the coup and take over run a lot more cleanly, and would also allow for them to identitfy potential enemies to be disposed of.
Why would they be worried about identifying potential enemies? I thought they just want Zeno dead. Do they have other plans besides revenge?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun May 20, 2018 9:45 am

FoolsGil wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Why would they be worried about identifying potential enemies? I thought they just want Zeno dead. Do they have other plans besides revenge?
Well, they're usurping the natural order of things, so yes, they need to keep track of anyone that could potentially trip them up.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun May 20, 2018 11:07 am

JazzMazz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
Kanassa wrote: ...They just happen to ahve a spell that can incapacitate all of the most poewrful beings in the multi-verse? Why didn't they use this before Zeno erased them from existence?
But if they can just incapacitate Zeno and co, what do they have to worry about? Nobody visits Zeno unless they're called there. If nobody in the palace can do anything, no one else is going to appear. Then, when they have Zeno down, they can easily use this as an example "Anybody wanna fuck with us?" and then incapacitate anybody who tries to come after them. They have the win button here, but are pointlessly added arbitrary attributes.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 am

Kanassa wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:
But if they can just incapacitate Zeno and co, what do they have to worry about? Nobody visits Zeno unless they're called there. If nobody in the palace can do anything, no one else is going to appear. Then, when they have Zeno down, they can easily use this as an example "Anybody wanna fuck with us?" and then incapacitate anybody who tries to come after them. They have the win button here, but are pointlessly added arbitrary attributes.
I envision that method for incapacitating Zeno and the Angels being extremely difficult to pull off, and though they don't have anything against the other Gods of Destruction, they sort of need to know who is with them or not so they can incapacitate them in the spell. They don't want to destroy the entire pantheon, because they kind of need at least some of the other Gods of Destruction to run their own universes.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am

Recently I've gotten the inspiration to write a DBZ/My Hero Academia crossover, in which Gohan goes to UA (for anyone unfamiliar with the series, it's basically high school for budding superheroes). I've planned out the plot in a very basic form, and I'm looking forward to seeing where I can take the story. However, while a part of me is really excited to write this, another part of me is hesitant to start it right now.

When I first started working on my current fic, The Legacy of Son Gohan (TLOSG), which is a massive project that's not even close to being done, I told myself I wouldn't start any new stories until I finished it. The reason for that is that I procrastinate a lot as is, and further distractions in the form of another large story would just hinder my progress and make me lose focus. I've already far surpassed my initial expectations in managing to write 180k words, and the thought of how much I still have left to write is rather daunting, but I'm going to keep at it until I finish. I've invested countless hours over the past three years writing it, and I'll be damned if I leave it unfinished.

That's why the more rational side of me can't help but worry that if I start this DBZ/MHA crossover, having to split my time between the two fics will burn me out and kill whatever productivity I have, making it take even longer to finish TLOSG... while the more emotive side of me wants to say, "to hell with it," and write the crossover anyway.

I'm a naturally indecisive person (seriously, I'm the kind of guy who can spend like five minutes in a food court trying to decide what to eat), so I'm stumped as to how to proceed.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:42 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Recently I've gotten the inspiration to write a DBZ/My Hero Academia crossover, in which Gohan goes to UA (for anyone unfamiliar with the series, it's basically high school for budding superheroes). I've planned out the plot in a very basic form, and I'm looking forward to seeing where I can take the story. However, while a part of me is really excited to write this, another part of me is hesitant to start it right now.

When I first started working on my current fic, The Legacy of Son Gohan (TLOSG), which is a massive project that's not even close to being done, I told myself I wouldn't start any new stories until I finished it. The reason for that is that I procrastinate a lot as is, and further distractions in the form of another large story would just hinder my progress and make me lose focus. I've already far surpassed my initial expectations in managing to write 180k words, and the thought of how much I still have left to write is rather daunting, but I'm going to keep at it until I finish. I've invested countless hours over the past three years writing it, and I'll be damned if I leave it unfinished.

That's why the more rational side of me can't help but worry that if I start this DBZ/MHA crossover, having to split my time between the two fics will burn me out and kill whatever productivity I have, making it take even longer to finish TLOSG... while the more emotive side of me wants to say, "to hell with it," and write the crossover anyway.

I'm a naturally indecisive person (seriously, I'm the kind of guy who can spend like five minutes in a food court trying to decide what to eat), so I'm stumped as to how to proceed.
I'm in a similar boat. My crossover fic features an older Goten (and later Trunks) as the two main fighters. The plot is a mixture of original stuff and the other anime's story for now. I'm 33 chapters in and with everything I want to do it may be over 100 by the time I'm done. And while I do procrastinate a lot I want to see this finish. I also get fleeting ideas for other big crossovers but know I wont be able to finish them.

What I suggest is maybe try doing one shots to satisfy the urge? it helps me a lot

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote:Recently I've gotten the inspiration to write a DBZ/My Hero Academia crossover, in which Gohan goes to UA (for anyone unfamiliar with the series, it's basically high school for budding superheroes). I've planned out the plot in a very basic form, and I'm looking forward to seeing where I can take the story. However, while a part of me is really excited to write this, another part of me is hesitant to start it right now.

I'm in a similar boat. My crossover fic features an older Goten (and later Trunks) as the two main fighters. The plot is a mixture of original stuff and the other anime's story for now. I'm 33 chapters in and with everything I want to do it may be over 100 by the time I'm done. And while I do procrastinate a lot I want to see this finish. I also get fleeting ideas for other big crossovers but know I wont be able to finish them.

What I suggest is maybe try doing one shots to satisfy the urge? it helps me a lot
One shots don't really cut it for me. Even going by 6,000-8,000 words.

Like I'll be thinking of how to best go about my main story, when something will suddenly give me inspiration on another story for an entirely different franchise/franchises (in the case of crossovers). Like my main ongoing right now is a crossover for DC and DBZ. And for awhile, I've been wanting to do a RWBY/Skyrim crossover, but just couldn't figure out a way to pull it off that wasn't a repeat of a thousand other stories. Until now, that is.

And its way too long for a simple oneshot. Unless it would be one of those monstrosities that have 100,000 words all jammed into a single chapter.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:33 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

One shots don't really cut it for me. Even going by 6,000-8,000 words.

Like I'll be thinking of how to best go about my main story, when something will suddenly give me inspiration on another story for an entirely different franchise/franchises (in the case of crossovers). Like my main ongoing right now is a crossover for DC and DBZ. And for awhile, I've been wanting to do a RWBY/Skyrim crossover, but just couldn't figure out a way to pull it off that wasn't a repeat of a thousand other stories. Until now, that is.

And its way too long for a simple oneshot. Unless it would be one of those monstrosities that have 100,000 words all jammed into a single chapter.
I know that. I mean do something small outside of a big project to split it up.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:11 pm

My "small projects" end up being big. :cry:

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 am

Oneshots are good and all if you have the itch to write something other than your main story... but in my case, the story I want to write simply cannot fit into a single chapter. I'm not a very stubborn person most of the time, but if I care deeply about doing something, I'm going to try and get that thing done. In this instance, this crossover I want to write simply isn't going to go away anytime soon. If I ignore it, it's always going to be in the back of my mind whenever I'm writing my current fic. Sure, the desire to write it might dwindle depending on my mood, but it's never going to go away completely until I actually start writing it.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Oneshots are good and all if you have the itch to write something other than your main story... but in my case, the story I want to write simply cannot fit into a single chapter. I'm not a very stubborn person most of the time, but if I care deeply about doing something, I'm going to try and get that thing done. In this instance, this crossover I want to write simply isn't going to go away anytime soon. If I ignore it, it's always going to be in the back of my mind whenever I'm writing my current fic. Sure, the desire to write it might dwindle depending on my mood, but it's never going to go away completely until I actually start writing it.
That's how I am. And some stories I've been sitting on for a year or longer, and they just won't go away. Though, I am able to work out some of the kinks for them.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:29 am

Well, after busting my ass for the past few days, I finally finished chapter 1 of my crossover. Ended up posting the damn thing at 3:15am after spending most of the day working on it. Writing is exhausting.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12959721/1 ... nd-Justice

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:33 am

TheGodfather93 wrote:Well, after busting my ass for the past few days, I finally finished chapter 1 of my crossover. Ended up posting the damn thing at 3:15am after spending most of the day working on it. Writing is exhausting.

Just read it, and left my review (same username as here).

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:08 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
TheGodfather93 wrote:Well, after busting my ass for the past few days, I finally finished chapter 1 of my crossover. Ended up posting the damn thing at 3:15am after spending most of the day working on it. Writing is exhausting.

Just read it, and left my review (same username as here).
Thanks a ton for the review. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I was aware even when I was writing that the Cell fight was the most cliche moment for that to happen. Normally I try to avoid these kinds of story cliches as much as possible, if not purposely poke fun at them... but sometimes they're unavoidable, especially in certain genres. That aside, I had my reasons for using this one, which will be revealed in time.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:37 am

I have an idea for a fanfiction character but I'm wondering if it's too overpowered.

[spoiler]This character is a mortal from Universe 1 who lived over 2 billion years ago. He is considered the strongest mortal in the history of all of the universes. Like Jiren and Goku, he was offered the position of Hakaishin but turned it down. He trained with the Angels and had routine sparring sessions with the Daishinkan, who he was able to fight against evenly at full power. He has mastered Ultra Instinct to a greater level than anyone save Daishinkan. He eventually died of old age, but someone makes a wish to restore him to life in the prime of his power.[/spoiler]
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:51 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I have an idea for a fanfiction character but I'm wondering if it's too overpowered.

[spoiler]This character is a mortal from Universe 1 who lived over 2 billion years ago. He is considered the strongest mortal in the history of all of the universes. Like Jiren and Goku, he was offered the position of Hakaishin but turned it down. He trained with the Angels and had routine sparring sessions with the Daishinkan, who he was able to fight against evenly at full power. He has mastered Ultra Instinct to a greater level than anyone save Daishinkan. He eventually died of old age, but someone makes a wish to restore him to life in the prime of his power.[/spoiler]
Well lets look at something. We all know that as powerful as the cast is, if caught off guard, a normal bullet could kill them. To bring up the energy to catch that bullet, you need to call upon that energy. Now this guy has been dead for 2 billion years. and then he's just resurrected. Imagine the mental strain that could arise from being dead for so long and then just existing. There's no reason to think he could just automatically call back all that power after being resurrected after being gone for 2 billion years. Even if he made powerful gains through training, sparring, and meditation, the mental block from being dead for so long can still affect him.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I have an idea for a fanfiction character but I'm wondering if it's too overpowered.

I'm not sure if the Grand Priest is the kind of person who'd spar with someone regularly. What'd be in it for him?
But my main thought is that if this character kept his body after death, he's gotta be a great guy (I don't know what you're using him for) and would probably have trained for so long by now that he's nigh-invincible, and if he didn't, surely his soul must have been reincarnated thousands of times by now. I don't think even Frieza would last that long.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Being OP isn't inherently bad, it just depends on if the story surrounding it uses it right. Llike, a character is so powerful, which forces GOku and Co to think more creatively to take him down. Is it just there to wank him off?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Well he's not a bad guy, but he is deceived into working for a group of villains.

As for Daishinkan sparring, if he's known as such a great fighter then it only makes sense that he sometimes fights people.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147