General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Skar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:10 pm

This is my fanfic. It originally began as a parody of DBM's U7 but I started incorporating a bunch of old fanfic ideas that I've had like Broly falling in love, a Spartan-like group of Saibamen, Babidi and Hoi teaming up, the story of Sandland taking place in the Demon Realm, etc.

When DBS came out I decided to continue from there and cover those sagas. I was never really good at writing so I went with a comic format by using panels from DBM, Kanzenban edition of the original manga, Toyble's AF, and the DBS manga. Don't expect a great story but I would like to hear your thoughts if anyone wants to read it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Skar wrote:This is my fanfic. It originally began as a parody of DBM's U7 but I started incorporating a bunch of old fanfic ideas that I've had like Broly falling in love, a Spartan-like group of Saibamen, Babidi and Hoi teaming up, the story of Sandland taking place in the Demon Realm, etc.

When DBS came out I decided to continue from there and cover those sagas. I was never really good at writing so I went with a comic format by using panels from DBM, Kanzenban edition of the original manga, Toyble's AF, and the DBS manga. Don't expect a great story but I would like to hear your thoughts if anyone wants to read it.
Anybody who's anybody knows Gast and Palz! I hope you update more often.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:30 pm

I don't know if I want to link mine (just on fanfiction.net so not a manga style one). Partly because its a crossover one, partly because of apprehension.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 pm

I always wanted to write a story about Ginyu Force being a boy or rock band with Freeza as their manager but I'm too lazy to write it and post it in Fanfiction.net

If you ask me for the boy band formation :
• Ginyu - ¿?
• Burter - ¿?
• Jeice - The Sensible one
• Guldo - ¿?
• Recoome - ¿?

or the rock band formation :
• Ginyu - Vocal
• Burter - Guitar
• Jeice - Bass
• Guldo - Keyboard
• Recoome - Drums

Zarbon & Dodoria act as the roadies and the concerts take place in different planets ruled by Freeza.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Boy Band works better for them, with the whole posing and dancing thing they already have going.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:45 am

Tian wrote:I always wanted to write a story about Ginyu Force being a boy or rock band with Freeza as their manager but I'm too lazy to write it and post it in Fanfiction.net
Is Frieza a crime boss in this? Are the Ginyu Force in deep debt? :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Tian wrote:I always wanted to write a story about Ginyu Force being a boy or rock band with Freeza as their manager but I'm too lazy to write it and post it in Fanfiction.net
Is Frieza a crime boss in this? Are the Ginyu Force in deep debt? :D
Freeza is Great Leader that will pop their heads if the Ginyu Force doesn't sing their songs about his praise.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:Boy Band works better for them, with the whole posing and dancing thing they already have going.
You are right. making them a rock band would be a waste of the team's choreography.
Kanassa wrote: Is Frieza a crime boss in this? Are the Ginyu Force in deep debt? :D
He's still a tyrant ruler in this story but only by day. By night, he's a reowned music producer in Frozen Records (yeah, I changed it because I think the manager thing fits more with Zarbon)

About the Ginyu Boys, they aren't in a deep debt.

Also, I've been planning them to have an eternal rivalry with another boy band called "The Elite" composed of Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Anybody who's anybody knows Gast and Palz! I hope you update more often.
Thanks man and long time no chat :D . I'm currently waiting for the DBS manga to catch up and then I'll work on the Universe Survival saga. After that Cell and the Shadow Dragons are the only villains left to cover.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Tian wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:Boy Band works better for them, with the whole posing and dancing thing they already have going.
You are right. making them a rock band would be a waste of the team's choreography.
Kanassa wrote: Is Frieza a crime boss in this? Are the Ginyu Force in deep debt? :D
He's still a tyrant ruler in this story but only by day. By night, he's a reowned music producer in Frozen Records (yeah, I changed it because I think the manager thing fits more with Zarbon)

Also, I've been planning them to have an eternal rivalry with another boy band called "The Elite" composed of Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz.
I see you are influenced from the Burst Limit credits stills (has Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz posing).
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:48 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Tian wrote:

I see you are influenced from the Burst Limit credits stills (has Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz posing).
Not really...because I never played Burst Limit.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:59 am

Tian wrote:
ShadowBardock89 wrote:
Tian wrote:

Not really...because I never played Burst Limit.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:04 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote: Image
They look like if they were recruiting people.

"Snayias Eht Nioj" :lol:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:58 pm

How do you guys deal with needing to rewrite entire chunks of your fics from scratch.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:How do you guys deal with needing to rewrite entire chunks of your fics from scratch.
Lots and lots of sugar.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:How do you guys deal with needing to rewrite entire chunks of your fics from scratch.
Eugh... I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. (I have to rewrite my first 20 chapters, as they're just not up to snuff anymore.) What I think is best is to start doing so in parallel with writing new stuff if you can. That way you won't get too demotivated.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Anyone know of any fics that have "what if Chichi kept training" as the premise? Preferably free of dubisms.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:16 am

I try to avoid rewriting. I don't update my story as frequently as others to begin with. So adding that on top of it? Yeah, bad combo (unless its just to fix a few minor errors).

What I do, is I proofread every chapter 2-3 times, at least, before I post it. I catch bad spelling and grammar mistakes, and see how well it flows. Like if there's something unnecessary, or it needs a little extra.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:33 am

You don't. Being a perfectionist never pays off.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:33 am

Doctor. wrote:
You don't. Being a perfectionist never pays off.
Yeah, I'm agreeing with you there, that mentality has really killed my interest in doing a certain story.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):