General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:How do you guys imagine Saiyan society is like in U6? Stuff like the architecture I mean.
I'm guessing the shit with the Tuffles went much more smoothly for these more peaceful Saiyans, so they'd look more like Tuffle cities maybe. As well as more plan life, from what I remember, Planet Vegeta always looked like a giant purple-ish wasteland with a city on it.
It's possible they've never met the Tuffles since the Saiyan's have their original homeworld still rather than living on conquered planet Plant.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Imagine ancient Rome with flying cars.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:Imagine ancient Rome with flying cars.
Does that include all the hedonism :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Now I'm just imagining a Monty Python movie set in Dragonball...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines of the Spartacus show, now that'd be a curveball to the audience if they went there.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Of course!

Screw the flying cars, they travel through pegasus instead (greek, but the romans are boring).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Of course!

Screw the flying cars, they travel through pegasus instead (greek, but the romans are boring).
Yeah, I've never been much of a fan of the Romans either.

BTW, would Uria work as a pun of the word Durian? That's considered the king of vegetables in Hong Kong I believe and I'm thinking of using that as the name of the U6 Saiyan king.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Durian was already used as a pun for Dodoria.
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Does that include all the hedonism :P
I was thinking more along the lines of the Spartacus show, now that'd be a curveball to the audience if they went there.
How would another mediocre show be a curveball to the audience? :wink:

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:50 pm

How would a Lord Of The Ring's esq adventure work as a Dragon Ball Fan Fiction?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Gog wrote:How would a Lord Of The Ring's esq adventure work as a Dragon Ball Fan Fiction?
You're telling me the Pilaf Saga isn't basically Lord of the Rings? :D

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:How would a Lord Of The Ring's esq adventure work as a Dragon Ball Fan Fiction?
Well it is a big sprawling fantasy romp through another world :P

No, but seriously how would it function in a more serious adventure?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:59 pm

Gog wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Well it is a big sprawling fantasy romp through another world :P

No, but seriously how would it function in a more serious adventure?
Freeza arc if Namek wasn't a barren wasteland.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:Durian was already used as a pun for Dodoria.
ekrolo2 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Now I'm just imagining a Monty Python movie set in Dragonball...
How would another mediocre show be a curveball to the audience? :wink:
Well shit, I don't suppose there's a list of puns Toriyama's already used somewhere?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Durian was already used as a pun for Dodoria.
Well shit, I don't suppose there's a list of puns Toriyama's already used somewhere?
I think r/dbz might have one. There's nothing wrong with reusing puns, though. It's already happened in the series. I mean, both Vegeta and Tarble are named after the word vegetable.
Doctor. wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Of course!

I like the idea of having Planet Sadal be all Roman-y. I mean, not naming the king Caesar would be madness! :P
You could easily mix in the more quirky bits of ancient Roman and Greek culture. It doesn't have to be all cool and bad-ass and stuff like that. Like how (this is according to a basic Google search) anyone who's not the emperor (king in this case) dressing in all purple (replace all purple with something of your choosing) is considered literal treason. Or how about the part you can find in basically all ancient cultures where there are extremely bizarre remedies for all sorts of illnesses?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:49 pm

Alruneia wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I don't suppose there's a list of puns Toriyama's already used somewhere?
I think r/dbz might have one.
Look, bookmarks do come in handy!
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:59 pm

I've always wondered with all the Fan Fictions here, would it be possible to do a sort of Dragon Ball Multiverse esq tournament? Would it even be possible?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 pm

Gog wrote:I've always wondered with all the Fan Fictions here, would it be possible to do a sort of Dragon Ball Multiverse esq tournament? Would it even be possible?
Certainly! What specifics do you have in mind that seem as though they'd be difficult?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Gog wrote:I've always wondered with all the Fan Fictions here, would it be possible to do a sort of Dragon Ball Multiverse esq tournament? Would it even be possible?
Certainly! What specifics do you have in mind that seem as though they'd be difficult?
Well the massive differences in power between certain characters, the fact that we'd need one person to write it up, or possibly more? The fact that it could spoil the ending to our Fan Fictions. And people would need to agree to this of course.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Gog wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:
Well the massive differences in power between certain characters, the fact that we'd need one person to write it up, or possibly more? The fact that it could spoil the ending to our Fan Fictions. And people would need to agree to this of course.
You want a tournament between all our fanfics?! Good lord. Well, it's definitely an idea. Power difference is such a major problem that I don't think it's possible to incorporate all works. Take mine for instance. My most powerful characters are almost definitely far too strong. Just as an example, I'll bring in Megami Shimi, who I've mentioned before. Shimi is about a 500 to Whis' 15 and Beerus' 10 (God Goku was not a 6). And while she's in the top ten strongest in all universes, she isn't in the top five. I think that's all the perspective I need to give you. With works, not necessarily mine, introducing power like that to a cross-fic tournament, most competitors wouldn't stand a chance, so it wouldn't be any fun.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Alruneia wrote: You want a tournament between all our fanfics?! Good lord. Well, it's definitely an idea. Power difference is such a major problem that I don't think it's possible to incorporate all works. Take mine for instance. My most powerful characters are almost definitely far too strong. Just as an example, I'll bring in Megami Shimi, who I've mentioned before. Shimi is about a 500 to Whis' 15 and Beerus' 10 (God Goku was not a 6). And while she's in the top ten strongest in all universes, she isn't in the top five. I think that's all the perspective I need to give you. With works, not necessarily mine, introducing power like that to a cross-fic tournament, most competitors wouldn't stand a chance, so it wouldn't be any fun.
My Villain, Rushifa, would be weird to incorporate. Because, if this is working like Multiverse where it's simply a different timeline with each fighter, he has the overwhelming advantage of watching and studying his most likely opponents for centuries...

Kanassa wrote: