Super: The Almighty God, Zamasu [Fandub]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Super: The Almighty God, Zamasu [Fandub]

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:48 pm

https://youtu.be/I4IaSyZiU0w

I wanted to dub the fusion of Zamasu and Black. I ignored what the Japanese version did in terms of voice. I did the dual voice and a lot of effects to get the voice the way it currently sounded.

Voices:
El Diabeetus: Merged Zamasu

Enjoy!

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Super: The Almighty God, Zamasu [Fandub]

Post by Marty Kirra » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:31 am

I think the effects are too heavy. I see what you're going for, I think you should tone it down just a bit! Also as far as the actual voice performance goes, it's an interesting take! It might lean too heavily into typical bad guy evil voice, and that could be with the rewritten dialog adding onto that feel. But great work regardless!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:35 am

Marty Kirra wrote:I think the effects are too heavy. I see what you're going for, I think you should tone it down just a bit! Also as far as the actual voice performance goes, it's an interesting take! It might lean too heavily into typical bad guy evil voice, and that could be with the rewritten dialog adding onto that feel. But great work regardless!
Yeah, the extra effects were to test the concept out. It was a lot of reverb, delays and copying both Zamasu and Black's voices and lowering the pitch of the copied takes. I originally started with Zamasu, then Black and then all the effects afterward. The more evil voice you would've been hearing would be Black in that case.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Like the other guy said, a bit too much reverb but otherwise great job

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:Like the other guy said, a bit too much reverb but otherwise great job
Yeah, it was an experiment, but if it works otherwise, glad it's not awful.

I just wanted to play up the self absorbed God aspect more. Miki is an amazing actor, but I feel like they could've done more with Merged Zamasu.