Designers' Corner

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Designers' Corner

Post by Alruneia » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm

Hello again, readers, artists, drawers and cupboards of Kanzenshuu! I'm bringing you, partly by request, another general thread.

You can see this thread as the visual counterpart to the General Fan Fiction Thread. In that thread, we discuss more written things, such as plots, powers and potential ideas, while here, we discuss how things look and how they should or should not look.
Examples of things to post here:
  • Your original characters, transformations, places and objects, or ideas you have for them; images encouraged but not necessary
  • Feedback on original characters, transformations, places and objects
  • Discussions about how to properly design something so that it fits the Dragon Ball universe
I'm sure you get the idea. All relevant images are welcome here, even full pages of fan-manga, and as always, plugging your work is both accepted and encouraged.
Once again, I have to ask for a couple of things:
  • Please be sure that your feedback is constructive
  • If a discussion strays too far away from being related to design, please take it to the General Fan Fiction Thread or another fitting place
Other than that: Shall we design?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Designers' Corner

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:00 am

Oh hey, how'd I miss this?

Well, to start us off, would multicolored Dragon Balls fit in? Specifically, each one is a different color.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:10 am

Neat idea for a thread! Funny, I was just very roughly sketching my OCs for the fun of it. It was for a story about the Return of the Red Ribbon Army. I discussed it on the General Fanficion Thread a while back. Anyway, here's how they're coming out so far. Might fully sketch it tomorrow.

[spoiler]
Bell (Bell-48) - Saiyan/Human hybrid. The only Clone to live longer than a year. He's considered a failed experiment since his power doesn't exceed past Goku, Vegeta, or even Gohan. Bell has no transformations. He's blindly loyal and determined to please to make up for his short comings.

Cubeb - The head of the new RR science department. Despite working with RR, he's a capsule corp. fanboy and a big fan of Dr. Briefs. His experiments always falls short of expectations but he's the brightest scientist RR has at the moment.

Ms. Pepper (Commander Pepper) - The new leader of the RR Army. Cold and stoic. She's determined to take over the world, of course. She convinced recruits that saiyans and their half-breeds are dangerous through lies and propaganda. (Ironic since she's cloning them)

Chow - Pepper's body guard. Chow used to be a short and scrawny runt until he willingly volunteered to be one of RR (many) experiments. He's larger and stronger than Bell (but only by a bit). Unfortunately, Chow still has old dog habits that will resurface during battle.

Mince - Silent RR solider. What he lacks in strength, he makes up for in strong telepathic ability. One of RR first human experiments.
[/spoiler]

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:04 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Oh hey, how'd I miss this?

Well, to start us off, would multicolored Dragon Balls fit in? Specifically, each one is a different color.
Well, I suppose I didn't really advertise this thread much. I'll admit I'm surprised that it took over two weeks for any reply, though. I was prepared to abandon the thread. That said:
I guess it could work? You'd have to be a little careful with what colours they'd be. If you use colours that are too strong, they'll look weirdly shiny, and if you use colours that are too weak, they'll all look too grey. There's a balance there. I think it can work as long as the colours look like they're reflecting off of stone orbs instead of coming from them like some sort of glow.
Scarz wrote:Neat idea for a thread! Funny, I was just very roughly sketching my OCs for the fun of it. It was for a story about the Return of the Red Ribbon Army. I discussed it on the General Fanficion Thread a while back. Anyway, here's how they're coming out so far. Might fully sketch it tomorrow.

[spoiler]
Bell (Bell-48) - Saiyan/Human hybrid. The only Clone to live longer than a year. He's considered a failed experiment since his power doesn't exceed past Goku, Vegeta, or even Gohan. Bell has no transformations. He's blindly loyal and determined to please to make up for his short comings.

Cubeb - The head of the new RR science department. Despite working with RR, he's a capsule corp. fanboy and a big fan of Dr. Briefs. His experiments always falls short of expectations but he's the brightest scientist RR has at the moment.

Ms. Pepper (Commander Pepper) - The new leader of the RR Army. Cold and stoic. She's determined to take over the world, of course. She convinced recruits that saiyans and their half-breeds are dangerous through lies and propaganda. (Ironic since she's cloning them)

Chow - Pepper's body guard. Chow used to be a short and scrawny runt until he willingly volunteered to be one of RR (many) experiments. He's larger and stronger than Bell (but only by a bit). Unfortunately, Chow still has old dog habits that will resurface during battle.

Mince - Silent RR solider. What he lacks in strength, he makes up for in strong telepathic ability. One of RR first human experiments.
[/spoiler]
Does Mince have a clown/mime face? If so, interesting choice. I guess the mime thing does fit with him being silent. Also, Ms. Pepper looks familiar somehow. I can't put my finger on it. It's a little difficult to go into detail on rough sketches, but so far, those two are the ones who caught my attention the most.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:41 am

Finally got a around to finishing those sketches!

Alruneia wrote:Does Mince have a clown/mime face? If so, interesting choice. I guess the mime thing does fit with him being silent. Also, Ms. Pepper looks familiar somehow. I can't put my finger on it. It's a little difficult to go into detail on rough sketches, but so far, those two are the ones who caught my attention the most.
Sorry for the late reply here, but yes Mince has a mime face! ^_^ And I drew Pepper before, modeled her after my R63 drawing of Commander Red.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Those designs look great! I admire the general color scheme of dark clothes and red highlights/details. Ms. Pepper and Chow are the ones that stand out the most, but I really like them all. Nice work!
MyAnimeList | AniList

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 pm

I've had some different design ideas in my head, so I might as well share a couple:
MyAnimeList | AniList