Is there a DB fanfic that's as bad as "My Immortal?"

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Is there a DB fanfic that's as bad as "My Immortal?"

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 am

I'm a fan of My Immortal, a Harry Potter fanfic notorious for butchering canon, a mary sue protagonist, horrendous spelling, and much more. Basically, so wretched it's brilliant. Is there a really bad Dragon Ball fanfic like that?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Is there a DB fanfic that's as bad as "My Immortal?"

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Yeah, its called The Monster That Lived on. It's fucking horrible.

Click on the link in the spoiler.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:13 pm

There's Goku and Anne Frank, which is pretty infamous
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:There's Goku and Anne Frank, which is pretty infamous
Wasn't that fan fiction a joke one? Yeah I heard that the Goku and Anne Frank one was just simply a parody of fan fiction's

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:24 am

There's one where Bulma rapes Goku to make him rape Vegeta and Videl Discovers Her Abortion Fetish. Those oughta count for SOMETHING.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:There's one where Bulma rapes Goku to make him rape Vegeta and Videl Discovers Her Abortion Fetish. Those oughta count for SOMETHING.
It counts for effort.

I think there's a fic where Trunks and Goten go to space, but Trunks comes back ill because he was hit with, and i'm not joking, a punch that gives people cancer. Vegeta gets the ability to save the future and becomes a pacifist, and then Marron ends up gunning Pan down because... Bullets can hurt Saiyans now?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Malik_DBNA
Advanced Regular

Post by Malik_DBNA » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm

I've been sent a multitude of fanfiction, some bad, some good, some ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

Like one where Gohan divorces Videl to marry a woman he just met, has a son named "Son Nick" who is born SSJ4 and is so powerful that he defeats all his enemies with little effort. Freeza is resurrected and merged with the Dragon Balls, granting him the ability to do basically anything and he wipes out all life in the universe except Nick (because he's too powerful). Nick transforms into "God Omni-Saiyan" and the sheer force of the transformation warps reality. Nick beats Freeza and uses his God Omni-Saiyan powers to reverse time and bring everyone except Freeza back to life

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Malik_DBNA wrote:I've been sent a multitude of fanfiction, some bad, some good, some ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

Like one where Gohan divorces Videl to marry a woman he just met, has a son named "Son Nick" who is born SSJ4 and is so powerful that he defeats all his enemies with little effort. Freeza is resurrected and merged with the Dragon Balls, granting him the ability to do basically anything and he wipes out all life in the universe except Nick (because he's too powerful). Nick transforms into "God Omni-Saiyan" and the sheer force of the transformation warps reality. Nick beats Freeza and uses his God Omni-Saiyan powers to reverse time and bring everyone except Freeza back to life
Ah, self-inserts. Gotta hate those.

I'd offer some, but I tend to avoid terrible stories as much as possible. Like I saw a few a while back (all by the same author) where Goku and Bra, of all people, got it on. :sick:

Yeah.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:44 am

Dragonball Absalon.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:20 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I'm a fan of My Immortal, a Harry Potter fanfic notorious for butchering canon, a mary sue protagonist, horrendous spelling, and much more. Basically, so wretched it's brilliant. Is there a really bad Dragon Ball fanfic like that?
Yes, it is called Dragon Ball Multiverse.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Yes, it is called Dragon Ball Multiverse.
Ha, I actually only opened this thread to see if someone would suggest this. But now that I'm here, I might as well give my two cents.
When it gets right down to it, answers to a question like this will hinge on opinion. If you get past any spelling and grammatical errors, of course. Different people will like different fan fiction. Some people want dark and edgy DB fanfics, other people want light-hearted and funny DB fanfics. Those two groups are pretty likely to despise each other's tastes. And of course there's the fanfics made specifically to ship characters, and some people love that too. Hell, I'm sure there's even someone out there who loves My Immortal.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:46 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Yes, it is called Dragon Ball Multiverse.
Ha, I actually only opened this thread to see if someone would suggest this. But now that I'm here, I might as well give my two cents.
When it gets right down to it, answers to a question like this will hinge on opinion. If you get past any spelling and grammatical errors, of course. Different people will like different fan fiction. Some people want dark and edgy DB fanfics, other people want light-hearted and funny DB fanfics. Those two groups are pretty likely to despise each other's tastes. And of course there's the fanfics made specifically to ship characters, and some people love that too. Hell, I'm sure there's even someone out there who loves My Immortal.
Some people do love My Immortal.

Those are the same that see My Immortal as an over zealous attempt to purposefully be bad.

Personally? I like ones that keep the characters true to themselves. Oddly hard to find for such a large fandom.